SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

how many games for wilson

6 mars 2021 à 19 h 40
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
So how many games is Wilson gonna get for his hearing.
They let TJ get away with a predatory hit on Pettersson early this year. I think Tommy is about to pay for that mistake.
Because this probably doesn't happen if they did something the 1st time. But as usual they do nothing till things spin out of control.
Remember there are only 33 games left this season. I'm sure that plays part in how long suspensions are.
6 mars 2021 à 19 h 43
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 866
Wilson has taken no less than a dozen players down with BS cheap head shots, and many he got away with early on. Keep in mind his most recent suspension was in 2018 and was initially 20 games (later reduced to 14 upon appeal).
If the discipline is to be progressive, he should get 20 now.
I am not optimistic though, I’m hoping he rides the pine for 10.
pharrow a aimé ceci.
6 mars 2021 à 19 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
Wilson has taken no less than a dozen players down with BS cheap shot head hits. He should get no less than 10, IMO.

these are fair points.
Bluejackets2000 a aimé ceci.
7 mars 2021 à 6 h 19
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,329
He got seven which would be around 10 in a normal season, which imo is not enough, he should’ve gotten ten or the Raffi Torres treatment
hanson493 a aimé ceci.
7 mars 2021 à 12 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
He got seven which would be around 10 in a normal season, which imo is not enough, he should’ve gotten ten or the Raffi Torres treatment

you have to wonder how many incidences it takes for the NHL to cut ties.
8 mars 2021 à 12 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 724
I think he should've been suspended until the start of next year if they really wanted to make a point here. I don't know how you go from 20 games suspension to 7 games suspension for similar head shots as a repeat offender with "significant history", as he says in the video. It's really confusing in the video, because before they state what rule he broke, he says he "violently drove his head into the glass"... yet somehow it's still only boarding?

The NHL seems to be massive fans of players Tom Wilson and Brad Marchand who are some of the last remaining gap-bridgers from "old time hockey" and newer skill only hockey... while I like these two players myself when they are playing within the lines of the rules, unfortunately they just don't often enough where the League really should've stepped in here and made a bigger splash. I know Wilson was previously suspended 20 games once so this might seem a little hypocritical, but I feel these two players get off pretty easy in most cases, both from penalties in game, and the supplemental discipline. The NHL failed player safety here in my view.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
8 mars 2021 à 15 h 40
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 601
If that was a hit by say Palat, Hertle I'd say 7 was ok. But Wilson's history 1 calendar year he should be eligible to petition for reinstatement
9 mars 2021 à 9 h 8
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Modifié 9 mars 2021 à 10 h 9
Quoting: mvp13
I think he should've been suspended until the start of next year if they really wanted to make a point here. I don't know how you go from 20 games suspension to 7 games suspension for similar head shots as a repeat offender with "significant history", as he says in the video. It's really confusing in the video, because before they state what rule he broke, he says he "violently drove his head into the glass"... yet somehow it's still only boarding?

The NHL seems to be massive fans of players Tom Wilson and Brad Marchand who are some of the last remaining gap-bridgers from "old time hockey" and newer skill only hockey... while I like these two players myself when they are playing within the lines of the rules, unfortunately they just don't often enough where the League really should've stepped in here and made a bigger splash. I know Wilson was previously suspended 20 games once so this might seem a little hypocritical, but I feel these two players get off pretty easy in most cases, both from penalties in game, and the supplemental discipline. The NHL failed player safety here in my view.

its been over 2 years since his last suspension so hes not a "repeat offender" even though he is. NHL failed big time.
A_Habs_fan et pharrow a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2021 à 11 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: hanson493
its been over 2 years since his last suspension so hes not a "repeat offender" even though he is. NHL failed big time.

yeah I saw that. that is absurd. There is no way he should ever be considered, "not a repeat offender".
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
9 mars 2021 à 11 h 43
Quoting: pharrow
yeah I saw that. that is absurd. There is no way he should ever be considered, "not a repeat offender".

should be that way for every single player. Im a bruins fan, marchand is a repeat offender. I dont want him getting a lighter hit because hes been clean a couple years. What a joke. You almost want someone else to pop wilson and keep him out of the game for good.
9 mars 2021 à 11 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Banni
should be that way for every single player. Im a bruins fan, marchand is a repeat offender. I dont want him getting a lighter hit because hes been clean a couple years. What a joke. You almost want someone else to pop wilson and keep him out of the game for good.

I mean it's going to come down to someone eventually having to Matt cooke someone. Then they will cry outrage. But when they do nothing, it's bound to happen.
hanson493 a aimé ceci.
10 mars 2021 à 15 h 12
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: pharrow
you have to wonder how many incidences it takes for the NHL to cut ties.

No offense to Carlo, but if it were Sid or another star player, Wilson would be done for the season. If the league is gonna get head shots out of the game, they shouldn't be phased out! Send the message loud and clear and take dangerous head shots out immediately. Over-the-top suspensions are the only way to get this message to resonate with the players. I would've given him a minimum of 25 games to send that message.
11 mars 2021 à 12 h 8
Quoting: Brian2016
No offense to Carlo, but if it were Sid or another star player, Wilson would be done for the season. If the league is gonna get head shots out of the game, they shouldn't be phased out! Send the message loud and clear and take dangerous head shots out immediately. Over-the-top suspensions are the only way to get this message to resonate with the players. I would've given him a minimum of 25 games to send that message.

i said the same thing in our gm game twitter chat. if this were crosby would the suspension only be 7 games? I can pretty confidently say no. And thats not a good look on DPOS or the league. The rules and suspensions shouldnt be enforced differently for different players on both the hitting and receiving end. I also dont think once youve hit a certain suspension threshold that you should no longer be considered a repeat offender. you are a repeat offender if you get there and should stay in that level for perpetuity.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
11 mars 2021 à 15 h 4
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
i said the same thing in our gm game twitter chat. if this were crosby would the suspension only be 7 games? I can pretty confidently say no. And thats not a good look on DPOS or the league. The rules and suspensions shouldnt be enforced differently for different players on both the hitting and receiving end. I also dont think once youve hit a certain suspension threshold that you should no longer be considered a repeat offender. you are a repeat offender if you get there and should stay in that level for perpetuity.

Exactly! Once Wilson hit 20 games the suspensions start becoming fewer and fewer games? That's ridiculous.
hanson493 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage