How many for Wilson

How many
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

5 mars 2021 à 20 h 50
Bcarlo25
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,973
He’s definitely getting a call from player safety, but are they treating him like the repeat offender that he was?
aedoran a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2021 à 20 h 52
TOR V5 GM
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,905
What did he do now...
5 mars 2021 à 20 h 53
CHI NYI
Mentions "j'aime": 2,253
He got 20 (reduced to 14) for that preseason hit on Sundqvist a few years back. Can't see him getting that much, but this hit was really, really nasty. Is 10 too many?
5 mars 2021 à 20 h 53
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
He's been clean a couple years, and his last suspension was kinda too long, given that he lined the hit up clean and the rookie he was playing against tried to dodge, too slowly, and went right into Wilson's shoulder with his face. So... what do you think he did this time, and can you find a replay to see if he actually did anything this time?
5 mars 2021 à 20 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
He got 20 (reduced to 14) for that preseason hit on Sundqvist a few years back. Can't see him getting that much, but this hit was really, really nasty. Is 10 too many?

I think 10 is reasonable.
5 mars 2021 à 20 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Eli
He's been clean a couple years, and his last suspension was kinda too long, given that he lined the hit up clean and the rookie he was playing against tried to dodge, too slowly, and went right into Wilson's shoulder with his face. So... what do you think he did this time, and can you find a replay to see if he actually did anything this time?

You should watch the hit again.

Also i think this is Carlos 5th year, not exactly a rookie. He has to have played over 300 games.
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 0
Who adds what?
No discipline. Initial contact was shoulder to shoulder. They don't suspend for how you each bounce after you hit each other, yet? Slow mo at 0:50. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMlCHpPRAho

But that cross check afterwards from Vrana looks kinda mean. What was that about?
Jah1722 a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
No discipline. Initial contact was shoulder to shoulder. They don't suspend for how you each bounce after you hit each other, yet? Slow mo at 0:50. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMlCHpPRAho

But that cross check afterwards from Vrana looks kinda mean. What was that about?

LOL. No discipline. That’s the worst take that’s ever been on cap friendly.
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 6
Who adds what?
Modifié 5 mars 2021 à 21 h 13
Quoting: Bcarlo25
You should watch the hit again.

Also i think this is Carlos 5th year, not exactly a rookie. He has to have played over 300 games.

No. I was talking about Sundqvist, since you called Wilson a repeat offender. If you have a way to watch in slow motion from about 19 seconds to about 24, you can see that Wilson lined up a shoulder to shoulder blindside hit. Not nice. But not as nasty as it turned out. Sundqvist saw him coming, bud was a rookie in his first preseason and wasn't used to playing against people who skate as fast as Wilson, so he thought he had time to move out of the way. Instead of turning his shoulder to Wilson, or just going limp and going with it, he tries to turn, and ends up thrusting his face into Wilson's shoulder. Literally. Watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGUJ9dtEf1I

edit: Wilson played the rest of that season on a 30 goal pace when he got back from what could reasonably have been a two or three game suspension. The league made a mistake and cost themselves a big year from a rising star. He's averaged a thirty goal per season pace since, and he's really cut the fighting out of his game and started hitting cleaner. The hit you're talking about tonight, under review, they will find was clean. When Wilson was a rookie, I thought he had some questionable hits and unnecessary fights, and I was not a fan of his, but he's playing a different game now, and I've come around.
Octopus_Guy a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 7
Jah1722
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,894
This Jack Edwards?
Capitalfail67 a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 9
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
No. I was talking about Sundqvist, since you called Wilson a repeat offender. If you have a way to watch in slow motion from about 19 seconds to about 24, you can see that Wilson lined up a shoulder to shoulder blindside hit. Not nice. But not as nasty as it turned out. Sundqvist saw him coming, bud was a rookie in his first preseason and wasn't used to playing against people who skate as fast as Wilson, so he thought he had time to move out of the way. Instead of turning his shoulder to Wilson, or just going limp and going with it, he tries to turn, and ends up thrusting his face into Wilson's shoulder. Literally. Watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGUJ9dtEf1I

Sure. He’s getting suspended for this. 100%.
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 14
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
He gets 5. Carlo left the game injured with a concussion and Player safety always takes it more seriously if a guy is injured plus since they just have that sharks guy 2 games for his hit in mackinnon, they go 5 here
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 17
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449

Based on this, I'd predict there will be no suspension at all. Probably a $5K fine.
Capitalfail67 a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
Quoting: justaBoss

Based on this, I'd predict there will be no suspension at all. Probably a $5K fine.

He bashed the guys head into the boards and caused a concussion. He’s getting suspended. Rule 48. The head doesn’t have to be the principle point of contact for rule 48 to be in effect.
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 23
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
He bashed the guys head into the boards and caused a concussion. He’s getting suspended. Rule 48. The head doesn’t have to be the principle point of contact for rule 48 to be in effect.

I certainly hope so, but I'm not getting optimistic here. If what Seravalli speaks here is true, this will not lead to a suspension.

A fault in the rulebook, to say the least.
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
I certainly hope so, but I'm not getting optimistic here. If what Seravalli speaks here is true, this will not lead to a suspension.

I think Frankie is not interpreting the rule properly. His language kind of says it all. Head doesn’t have to be the principle point of contact for rule 48
5 mars 2021 à 21 h 32
Who adds what?
Modifié 5 mars 2021 à 22 h 23
Sure. He’s getting suspended for this. 100%.

I hope Carlo is okay. I hope he's 100% fine. You hate to see anybody get hurt, and as far as I know Carlo is a great guy.

I don't think Wilson tried to hurt him. If you look at the direction Wilson is going, he's lining up a shoulder to shoulder hit. He's not taking steps, just gliding, so it's not a charge. He doesn't jump to make contact. Just glides his shoulder into Carlo's shoulder. Carlo tries to block Wilson's (added: shoulder) with his (Carlo's) hand, which causes Wilson's shoulder to hit Carlo's shoulder at a bit of an angle, and then glance off toward Carlo's helmet. That had to hurt a little bit, but under the current NHL rules, I think the referee made the right call, that it was a clean hit.

If you couldn't tell that the announcer was biased when they said that it was a dirty hit, surely you could tell afterwards when they said that Wilson intended to hurt Carlo? Like, unless people in Boston are much better at reading minds than people where I'm from?

Another parallel between the Sunqvist hit and this hit is that Carlo lowers his own head after he sees that Wilson is coming to hit him. If you flinch downward while someone is about to hit you at the right height for it to (b)e somewhat safe, then the hit can stay at what should be that safe height, and land high (relative to where the person being hit moves). The NHL might need to start training all its players and prospects on how to take a hit. But that's not a (fair) reason to suspend Tom Wilson.
justaBoss et MapleLeafs4ever34 a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2021 à 22 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
I hope Carlo is okay. I hope he's 100% fine. You hate to see anybody get hurt, and as far as I know Carlo is a great guy.

I don't think Wilson tried to hurt him. If you look at the direction Wilson is going, he's lining up a shoulder to shoulder hit. He's not taking steps, just gliding, so it's not a charge. He doesn't jump to make contact. Just glides his shoulder into Carlo's shoulder. Carlo tries to block Wilson's (added: shoulder) with his (Carlo's) hand, which causes Wilson's shoulder to hit Carlo's shoulder at a bit of an angle, and then glance off toward Carlo's helmet. That had to hurt a little bit, but under the current NHL rules, I think the referee made the right call, that it was a clean hit.

If you couldn't tell that the announcer was biased when they said that it was a dirty hit, surely you could tell afterwards when they said that Wilson intended to hurt Carlo? Like, unless people in Boston are much better at reading minds than people where I'm from?

Another parallel between the Sunqvist hit and this hit is that Carlo lowers his own head after he sees that Wilson is coming to hit him. If you flinch downward while someone is about to hit you at the right height for it to e somewhat safe, then the hit can stay at what should be that safe height, and land high. The NHL might need to start training all its players and prospects on how to take a hit. But that's not a reason to suspend Tom Wilson.

Jack edwards is a homer lunatic. That said, Wilson has a history. That’s a hit to a vulnerable player. He went high. He certainly could have avoided that kind of contact. If backstrom throws that hit, this isn’t a conversation. But it’s Tom Wilson. If marchand did something similar, there would be similar cries. If Bergeron did, there wouldn’t be. Reputations are earned.

Carlo also isn’t okay. He was taken to the hospital.
5 mars 2021 à 23 h 58
B
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
Intent to injure 5 times a game = Wilson. Period.
Cocaine is a hell of a drug. Or steroids? Whatever
6 mars 2021 à 1 h 40
Caps fan idk why
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,354

I think he gets suspended bc Carlo got hurt and only bc he got hurt. Carlo head goes down as Wilson hits him. Not a smart hit and definitely avoidable but hardly an intentional headshot as the point of contact isn’t the head
Octopus_Guy a aimé ceci.
6 mars 2021 à 2 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Capitalfail67
I think he gets suspended bc Carlo got hurt and only bc he got hurt. Carlo head goes down as Wilson hits him. Not a smart hit and definitely avoidable but hardly an intentional headshot as the point of contact isn’t the head

Reckless, and predatory. 9 times out of 10 it’s probably a glancing blow and not a big deal, but that’s a hit they want to get out of the game.
6 mars 2021 à 11 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25

Well we have a partial answer. “In person,” (zoom) hearing, which means it will be minimum five games.
6 mars 2021 à 11 h 14
Caps fan idk why
Reckless, and predatory. 9 times out of 10 it’s probably a glancing blow and not a big deal, but that’s a hit they want to get out of the game.

Reckless is putting your head down when expecting a hit. Wilson is wrong but Carlo is a moron and did himself no justice.... that hit falls into the 9/10 if Carlo learns to take a hit. WTF would you look at the ice lol. Wilson willget a suspension and i wont argue but it should be 1-3 not 5-10. AND thats only bc this kid got hurt
6 mars 2021 à 11 h 16
Démarrer sujet
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Reckless is putting your head down when expecting a hit. Wilson is wrong but Carlo is a moron and did himself no justice.... that hit falls into the 9/10 if Carlo learns to take a hit. WTF would you look at the ice lol. Wilson willget a suspension and i wont argue but it should be 1-3 not 5-10. AND thats only bc this kid got hurt

“In person,” hearing. Meaning its minimum 5.

Carlo lowered his head like an inch. He’s 6’6”. That’s a ridiculous excuse.
6 mars 2021 à 11 h 30
Caps fan idk why
“In person,” hearing. Meaning its minimum 5.

Carlo lowered his head like an inch. He’s 6’6”. That’s a ridiculous excuse.

watch the video.... at 3second in wilson is engaging the hit... Carlo head is up then at 4second Carlo head is ducked shoulder/chest level. Also is idiotic to bring height into the conversation... Wilson is 6'.4".... its not like wilson is 5'.10" and jumped they are bascially the same height and lowering your head inches towards the chest is simply dumb....draw a line where his head would be if its up and this hit misses his head completely. we are also talking about 1 second in slowmotion.....
Eli a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage