Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    Logo de MIN
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $66 889 167 $0 $882 500 $14 610 833 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Wild du Minnesota
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
    C
    UFA - 8
    4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 5
    894 167 $894 167 $
    C
    RFA - 4
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    750 000 $750 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
    AG
    UFA - 1
    4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
    C
    UFA - 6
    3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 3
    975 000 $975 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    850 000 $850 000 $
    AD, C
    UFA - 1
    1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    725 000 $725 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    3 650 000 $3 650 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    725 000 $725 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DG
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
    DD
    RFA - 2
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    DG
    UFA
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    750 000 $750 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    4 mars 2021 à 20 h 53
    Rejoint: juin 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,130
    I think I'll jump into the Eriksson-Ek argument here. For what it's worth. I think he's done well enough to solidify himself as a legitimate 2C this year, but with the caveat that he's a low-end one. He's not a Cirelli or a Danault, or even a Koivu for that matter.

The current rub here, is points production, and until such time as he can crack a season above 40-50 points consistently, he's not going to get paid like a 2C. That's the bottom line. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The only way JEE sees a payraise north of $5M on his next contract is if he hits for 60+ points this year. Which would be a stretch.

Furthermore, a long term commitment would be foolhardy given our needs to re-sign Kaprizov and Fiala to long-term contracts as well. We simply can't afford to have that many long-term contracts on the roster if we want any future cap flexibility. I know your dismissive of and dislike Rossi @wabit, but if the kid hits, then when his ELC is up he's likely looking at least at Barzal level of money.

Right now, I don't give Eriksson-Ek anything more than a maximum of 4x$4M. He hasn’t earned anything above $4M yet in my eyes, and should be given a contract between $3-4M on a 3-4 year deal.
    jnowariak, Wqrrior et MNBassman a aimé ceci.
    4 mars 2021 à 21 h 2
    Rejoint: août 2020
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,794
    Quoting: RazWild
    I think I'll jump into the Eriksson-Ek argument here. For what it's worth. I think he's done well enough to solidify himself as a legitimate 2C this year, but with the caveat that he's a low-end one. He's not a Cirelli or a Danault, or even a Koivu for that matter.

The current rub here, is points production, and until such time as he can crack a season above 40-50 points consistently, he's not going to get paid like a 2C. That's the bottom line. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The only way JEE sees a payraise north of $5M on his next contract is if he hits for 60+ points this year. Which would be a stretch.

Furthermore, a long term commitment would be foolhardy given our needs to re-sign Kaprizov and Fiala to long-term contracts as well. We simply can't afford to have that many long-term contracts on the roster if we want any future cap flexibility. I know your dismissive of and dislike Rossi wabit, but if the kid hits, then when his ELC is up he's likely looking at least at Barzal level of money.

Right now, I don't give Eriksson-Ek anything more than a maximum of 4x$4M. He hasn’t earned anything above $4M yet in my eyes, and should be given a contract between $3-4M on a 3-4 year deal.

I think that’s a good bet to go 3-4 mil by 4 years. Like you said, he’s in that 2C conversation but still needs to put up the points. Let’s say he’s willing to go 4 mil by 6 years, do you do that term?
    4 mars 2021 à 21 h 12
    Rejoint: mai 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
    Modifié 4 mars 2021 à 21 h 17
    JEE is as good as peek Koivu in the d-zone. He's also scoring at the same or better rate than Koivu (30-35p/yr) has since he was in his 20s non-PP points.

To say he needs 60p to be worth over $4m is crazy.
    4 mars 2021 à 21 h 23

Furthermore, a long term commitment would be foolhardy given our needs to re-sign Kaprizov and Fiala to long-term contracts as well. We simply can't afford to have that many long-term contracts on the roster if we want any future cap flexibility. I know your dismissive of and dislike Rossi wabit, but if the kid hits, then when his ELC is up he's likely looking at least at Barzal level of money.

If he hits he gets paid, if he does then what?

It's 4 years before Rossi will need a new contract. This is a slide year for him, and he's on an ELC. When Rossi needs a new deal Zucc, Dumba, and Fiala are gone. Parise/Suter have 1 year left on their current deals. Brodin and Spurgeon are the only ones left with any term after that. Him maybe hitting big and getting paid shouldn't be a concern when it comes to the current players on the team.
    4 mars 2021 à 21 h 24
    Quoting: wabit
    What he's been this year:
    Confusedteep/https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F7e8b7078-2f61-47e3-b60a-213acfb30203_2211x888.png" alt="https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F7e8b7078-2f61-47e3-b60a-213acfb30203_2211x888.png">

Taken from here: [url=]https://hbanalytics.substack.com/p/analyzing-joel-eriksson-eks-breakout[/url]

Yeah, I get that JEE is having a career year but it’s still important to consider the sample size. He’s always been a great defensive C and he’s added some offense to his game this year, I would expect him to remain an elite defensive C for years to come but a 20 game sample isn’t enough to convince me that his offense is truly a hallmark of his game and not an outlier. That’s not saying he can’t continue his offense but we would be having a different conversation if he had flipped this years and last years offensive numbers. There’s a lot of decency bias at play here, he’s played 5 seasons and broken the 30 pt mark twice (if you assume he continues his current pace).

If JEE wants to bet on himself and go shorter term, he should. But that’s going to mean less money now. He’ll have to wait until UFA for that and risk that money on the bank.
    4 mars 2021 à 21 h 28
    If he hits he gets paid, if he does then what?

It's 4 years before Rossi will need a new contract. This is a slide year for him, and he's on an ELC. When Rossi needs a new deal Zucc, Dumba, and Fiala are gone. Parise/Suter have 1 year left on their current deals. Brodin and Spurgeon are the only ones left with any term after that. Him maybe hitting big and getting paid shouldn't be a concern when it comes to the current players on the team.

For what it’s worth, Boldy, Rossi, Kakhonen, and Addison will all be on new deals by that time all while having the 15 mil with Parise/Suter still on the books and it’s unclear whether the cap will have increased by then. It’s worth considering.
    4 mars 2021 à 21 h 42
    Quoting: jnowariak
    I think that’s a good bet to go 3-4 mil by 4 years. Like you said, he’s in that 2C conversation but still needs to put up the points. Let’s say he’s willing to go 4 mil by 6 years, do you do that term?

If I'm Guerin, yes, absolutely. If I'm Eazy-E's agent, not a chance.

Getting Eriksson-Ek on a long-term lower hit cap hit would be good for the team, less so for Eriksson-Ek himself. Despite what @wabit thinks, taking a lower cap hit on a mid-term length second bridge contract type deal is more beneficial to Eriksson-Ek now than asking for a payout he has yet to earn. It would give him a way to show that this year isn't a fluke and put up numbers that will earn that big boy contract when he will only be 28 years old. At the height of his prime and when he has a very decent chance to have a career as long as Koivu's.
    jnowariak a aimé ceci.
    4 mars 2021 à 21 h 45

Getting Eriksson-Ek on a long-term lower hit cap hit would be good for the team, less so for Eriksson-Ek himself. Despite what wabit thinks, taking a lower cap hit on a mid-term length second bridge contract type deal is more beneficial to Eriksson-Ek now than asking for a payout he has yet to earn. It would give him a way to show that this year isn't a fluke and put up numbers that will earn that big boy contract when he will only be 28 years old. At the height of his prime and when he has a very decent chance to have a career as long as Koivu's.

That’s a good point. It’ll be interesting to see the term on this deal though, I think it’ll tell us what JEE thinks of his own offensive ability.
    RazWild a aimé ceci.
    4 mars 2021 à 21 h 47

Getting Eriksson-Ek on a long-term lower hit cap hit would be good for the team, less so for Eriksson-Ek himself. Despite what wabit thinks, taking a lower cap hit on a mid-term length second bridge contract type deal is more beneficial to Eriksson-Ek now than asking for a payout he has yet to earn. It would give him a way to show that this year isn't a fluke and put up numbers that will earn that big boy contract when he will only be 28 years old. At the height of his prime and when he has a very decent chance to have a career as long as Koivu's.

Are we changing the name to Eazy-E now? Not sure how I feel about that.
    4 mars 2021 à 22 h 9
    Yeah, I get that JEE is having a career year but it’s still important to consider the sample size. He’s always been a great defensive C and he’s added some offense to his game this year, I would expect him to remain an elite defensive C for years to come but a 20 game sample isn’t enough to convince me that his offense is truly a hallmark of his game and not an outlier. That’s not saying he can’t continue his offense but we would be having a different conversation if he had flipped this years and last years offensive numbers. There’s a lot of decency bias at play here, he’s played 5 seasons and broken the 30 pt mark twice (if you assume he continues his current pace).

If JEE wants to bet on himself and go shorter term, he should. But that’s going to mean less money now. He’ll have to wait until UFA for that and risk that money on the bank.

I think we can all agree JEE shouldn't have been in the NHL his first 2 seasons. It hasn't just been 20 games this year, he was on this same trajectory last 50+ games of last season.

Last year FWDs 5v5 JEE finished (200 mins played min):
    -71st (tie) for 1st assists, 64th (tie) 1st a/60
    -52nd (tie) total assists, 44th (tie) a/60
    -113th (tie) total points, 105th (tie) in p/60
    -212th (tie) goals, 131st (tie) g/60

The top-6 points production was there last year 5v5. The production has held up so far this year too, he's just swapping goals for assists.

You can't compare his PP totals to anyone, because he had less than 7 mins of PP ToI. This year's PP has been a disaster, but that's on the coaches and their personnel choices and overall setup.
    4 mars 2021 à 22 h 19
    Are we changing the name to Eazy-E now? Not sure how I feel about that.

It's been his nickname and what we've called him over at HockeyWilderness for a couple of years now.

It derives from how at ease and relaxed/chill he looks all the time, especially whenever he's agitating the McDavid's, Mackinnon's, and the Eichel's of the league. Lol.

Plus it works in well with the EE aspect of his name too. It's win-win in my book.
    jnowariak a aimé ceci.
    4 mars 2021 à 22 h 24

A 2 year bridge deal takes him into UFA status. That would be great for him, and awful for the team. MN did that with Koivu, based on cap % that $6.75m/yr would be a $9.26m/yr contract with today's cap.

I don't understand how Wild fans are okay giving Spurgeon that albatross contract and yet won't pay JEE more than $4m/yr.
    4 mars 2021 à 23 h 0
    Modifié 4 mars 2021 à 23 h 29
    A 2 year bridge deal takes him into UFA status. That would be great for him, and awful for the team. MN did that with Koivu, based on cap % that $6.75m/yr would be a $9.26m/yr contract with today's cap.

I don't understand how Wild fans are okay giving Spurgeon that albatross contract and yet won't pay JEE more than $4m/yr.

Because Spurgeon is one of the best defenseman in the league and plays the game in such a way that it allows for long-term sustainability at a high-level, and signed that contract at the height of his prime. Is it a little high? Sure. But I think Guerin gave him that contract with the intention of always giving him the "C". In all honesty I'm only really concerned about the the final year of his contract, but it isn't the end of the world.

Again, Eriksson-Ek at 23 has yet to prove he deserves a contract at a higher cap hit. Those numbers you posted are right in line for someone who gets 3-4 million on their next contract, which is what current projections show him to likely get.
    jnowariak a aimé ceci.
    4 mars 2021 à 23 h 55
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: févr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,986
    A $4m x 2 would take him to UFA and that's less than Domi and Strome (NYR). No way he takes $4m x 6. Danault will get $6m this summer. Cirelli got a $4.8m bridge deal, with no arbitration rights. FFS Foligno just got a $3.1 x 3 deal.

JEE has bee a .5ppg player since early last season with basically 0 PP time. He's an adv stats darling 5v5 while playing the shutdown center role. He's have a career year in a contract year.

I still highly doubt Danault is getting 6m after his regression this year. If he does, it's on condensed term. Dadanov / Hoffman couldn't pull this number (yes I realize centers carry more value) despite having much better seasons.

Danault might grab 5m somewhere now but his best option was the contract offered to him before the season.
    jnowariak et RazWild a aimé ceci.
    5 mars 2021 à 9 h 1
    MNBassman
    Rejoint: mai 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,571
    Oof. That’s an over pay. Couts in PHI got 4.3 mil by 6 years and he had at least 3 consecutive 35 pt seasons in a row leading up to that. 6 year term, definitely, but I think he could be had at 4 mil or less.

I get your point, but Couturier’s contract is already yesterday’s news. Plus, I don’t think I would trade Ek for Couturier straight up...would you?
    jnowariak a aimé ceci.
    5 mars 2021 à 9 h 3
    MNBassman
    Rejoint: mai 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,571

In half a heartbeat!
    5 mars 2021 à 9 h 31
    Quoting: MNBassman
    I get your point, but Couturier’s contract is already yesterday’s news. Plus, I don’t think I would trade Ek for Couturier straight up...would you?

It was more comparison than anything. We both agree Coots is better but it’s who we want JEE to be. He came off his 5th year and 4 or 5 30 pt seasons and got that deal. Somebody said it would have been roughly 5 mil as a percentage of cap today. I really think 4 by 6 is a good compromise for both sides since it guarantees JEE his money and probably some trade protection and MIN takes the risk on these 2 seasons being slightly above what he is.

I see it this way. He gets 3 mil AAV over 2 years through an arb hearing. If the cap doesn’t go up then he can get between 4.5 and 5 mil as a UFA over 4 years. That puts his earnings at 26 mil over 6 years but there is the uncertainty of that next contract. If he goes 4 mil by 6 years with his next deal here, he still hits UFA at 30 as an elite shutdown C and possibly as one with offense plus he is guaranteed roughly the same amount of money and the cash structure could be enough to make it a no brainer.

As @RazWild said, a 6 year deal at the price isn’t ideal for JEE but I also think it’s not a no brainer for him to not take term.
    MNBassman a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage