SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

how round 1 should have went

9 avr. 2021 à 14 h 38
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Quoting: Bigboi69
GAR is how many more goals a player scores over a replacement level player, a replacement level player is anyone who has an average amount of impact on the game and is very interchangeable, GAR helps to determine who’s goals are at a higher impact then replacement level

WAR is the same but with their affects on wins

But, my point is (pun intended this time), what is a "replacement level player". That's not a real thing you can measure. Hence an estimation stat. Rather use a stat that relies only on results.
9 avr. 2021 à 14 h 42
Boi
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 379
Quoting: Saskleaf
But, my point is (pun intended this time), what is a "replacement level player". That's not a real thing you can measure. Hence an estimation stat. Rather use a stat that relies only on results.

It actually is a replacement level player would be the Cedric paquettes or the jimmy vesseys of the nhl
9 avr. 2021 à 15 h 0
Go leafs go
It actually is a replacement level player would be the Cedric paquettes or the jimmy vesseys of the nhl

But how is that decided?
9 avr. 2021 à 15 h 54
Boi
But how is that decided?

Level of play, value to team and overall impact when in the ice
9 avr. 2021 à 16 h 26
Go leafs go
Level of play, value to team and overall impact when in the ice

But what stat? Because if it doesn't have a stat at it's roots you are really just using the old eye test.
9 avr. 2021 à 16 h 30
Boi
But what stat? Because if it doesn't have a stat at it's roots you are really just using the old eye test.

No analytics are truly based off stats they are based off computer collected data, algorithms and math
9 avr. 2021 à 16 h 36
Go leafs go
No analytics are truly based off stats they are based off computer collected data, algorithms and math

You're not selling me on this very well at all.
In fact, you are proving my point.
9 avr. 2021 à 16 h 58
Boi
You're not selling me on this very well at all.
In fact, you are proving my point.

I’m not trying to sell you on any thing you’re a lost cause, points are an extremely one dimensional stat that doesn’t show how effective or meaningful a player is to the game. You’re extremely ignorant and refuse to admit that their are analytics are a way to see how much a player actually affects the game
9 avr. 2021 à 17 h 51
Go leafs go
I’m not trying to sell you on any thing you’re a lost cause, points are an extremely one dimensional stat that doesn’t show how effective or meaningful a player is to the game. You’re extremely ignorant and refuse to admit that their are analytics are a way to see how much a player actually affects the game

Thanks anyway, I enjoyed this. Learned a bit about analytic through it (though I did learn they aren't even stats). Thanks again, I always enjoy arguing with others on this site.
Bigboi69 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage