SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

how round 1 should have went

5 mars 2021 à 17 h 34
Boi
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 379
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Don’t watch hockey then. It’s all on the websites right? All on the stat sheet after all. What’s on the ice doesn’t matter. Better yet, buy an xbox, run a bunch of sims. You’ll get to experience like 25 seasons a year. How easy is that!

Pathetic. This isn’t baseball. Later nerd.

Lol I can tell your a flat earther justly the way you get offended by math, if you actually played hockey you would know that the flashy kid who scored a bunch but always plays garbage D is the most useless kid on the team all they do is inflate the games score they don’t add anything
5 mars 2021 à 17 h 56
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
Quoting: Bigboi69
I can tell your a casual fan so I won’t be too hard on you but if you are giving up as many or more goals than you score you are not making an impact so you are not the most valuable player in your team, much less the league, and the hart trophy isn’t even given to the mvp anymore the league has just made it an extension of the art Ross, and they aren’t “little stats” they are complex math equations

If Point had even point per game production then it would be close. But Point has one season at over a point per game (in 2018-19), the rest he's been below that, including this season. His average is below a point per game, maybe in 3 years this will not be the case, but who knows.

Draisitl, on the other hand, over the last 3 seasons plus this one has had 1.25 points per game. Reminder Point had some 0.97 over the same time. It's not even really close. We are talking 103 point vs 80 points. 20 more points per season is significantly better.
5 mars 2021 à 18 h 2
Boi
Quoting: Saskleaf
If Point had even point per game production then it would be close. But Point has one season at over a point per game (in 2018-19), the rest he's been below that, including this season. His average is below a point per game, maybe in 3 years this will not be the case, but who knows.

Draisitl, on the other hand, over the last 3 seasons plus this one has had 1.25 points per game. Reminder Point had some 0.97 over the same time. It's not even really close. We are talking 103 point vs 80 points. 20 more points per season is significantly better.

I can tell you aren’t understating my words here but drai scored 110 points but still had a -13 for plus/minus, it shows that when he goes out there he lets in more goals than he creates, I can use analytics or I can use basic stats I’m still right
5 mars 2021 à 18 h 8
Go leafs go
I can tell you aren’t understating my words here but drai scored 110 points but still had a -13 for plus/minus, it shows that when he goes out there he lets in more goals than he creates, I can use analytics or I can use basic stats I’m still right

You must be joking. You're actually going to tell me plus minus is more important than points?
23 mars 2021 à 12 h 24
Boi
You must be joking. You're actually going to tell me plus minus is more important than points?

Plus minus is a garbage stat but I know you aren’t going to understand analytics and I assumed dude to the fact that you think points are the only important thing u would understand that
23 mars 2021 à 12 h 26
Go leafs go
Plus minus is a garbage stat but I know you aren’t going to understand analytics and I assumed dude to the fact that you think points are the only important thing u would understand that

If plus minus is so garbage, why show it?
23 mars 2021 à 12 h 27
Boi
If plus minus is so garbage, why show it?

Becuase you wouldn’t understand GAR,WAR,GA/60,xGA/60, it’s the closet thing to the basic mindset you have
23 mars 2021 à 12 h 37
Go leafs go
Becuase you wouldn’t understand GAR,WAR,GA/60,xGA/60, it’s the closet thing to the basic mindset you have

No I don't understand them. I like the old eye test better, it's a lot more simple. Sometimes you just have to watch a game seeing Drais dominate another team to understand.
1 avr. 2021 à 9 h 15
Boi
No I don't understand them. I like the old eye test better, it's a lot more simple. Sometimes you just have to watch a game seeing Drais dominate another team to understand.

If your going to say that eye test is more accurate then math then this conversation is useless
1 avr. 2021 à 10 h 3
Go leafs go
If your going to say that eye test is more accurate then math then this conversation is useless

It's more the fact that you think defense is more important than offense for a forward.
9 avr. 2021 à 11 h 42
Boi
It's more the fact that you think defense is more important than offense for a forward.

When did I say that? Point has 98% of the offensive impact that drai does while actually being good defensively, offense means nothing if your so bad defensively that you always get scored on, say you have player A who always goes out and scores a goal for his team then that same shift is the reason the opposing teams score a goal or two, now you have player B who goes out and scores for his team every other shift but rarely lets the other team score on him, who would you rather have
9 avr. 2021 à 12 h 22
Go leafs go
When did I say that? Point has 98% of the offensive impact that drai does while actually being good defensively, offense means nothing if your so bad defensively that you always get scored on, say you have player A who always goes out and scores a goal for his team then that same shift is the reason the opposing teams score a goal or two, now you have player B who goes out and scores for his team every other shift but rarely lets the other team score on him, who would you rather have

Point has 98% of the offensive impact of Drais?!?!?! Are you ok?
9 avr. 2021 à 12 h 26
Boi
Point has 98% of the offensive impact of Drais?!?!?! Are you ok?

Math doesn’t lie
9 avr. 2021 à 12 h 44
Go leafs go
Math doesn’t lie

Ya, you are right.
Over the past 4 years including this one,
Point-0.95 P/PG
Draisitl- 1.27 Points per game

So which math are you refering to may I ask?
9 avr. 2021 à 12 h 46
Boi
Ya, you are right.
Over the past 4 years including this one,
Point-0.95 P/PG
Draisitl- 1.27 Points per game

So which math are you refering to may I ask?

GAR,WAR,xGAR,xWAR, GA/60,XGA/60,GF/60,xGF/60,CF/60 I could go on
9 avr. 2021 à 12 h 48
Go leafs go
GAR,WAR,xGAR,xWAR, GA/60,XGA/60,GF/60,xGF/60,CF/60 I could go on

And why is this more relevant than points and points per game, both of which Draisitl absolutely blows Point out of the water?
9 avr. 2021 à 13 h 27
Boi
And why is this more relevant than points and points per game, both of which Draisitl absolutely blows Point out of the water?

Maybe because points are a stat that takes nothing into account other than did the puck go in, it doesn’t take into account the quality of the shot, the quality of the completion, the quality of the linemates, how big of a part in the goal a player was, how hard they had to work to get the goal, if they are consistently having an impact on the game even if they aren’t scoring. Their is so much more to hockey then just points and maybe one day you will realize that
9 avr. 2021 à 13 h 35
Go leafs go
Maybe because points are a stat that takes nothing into account other than did the puck go in, it doesn’t take into account the quality of the shot, the quality of the completion, the quality of the linemates, how big of a part in the goal a player was, how hard they had to work to get the goal, if they are consistently having an impact on the game even if they aren’t scoring. Their is so much more to hockey then just points and maybe one day you will realize that

Last I checked, there no WAR or G/60 trophy, etc, but there is a points trophy, the Art Ross.....

No excuses for Point. He plays on a great team and often exceptional line mates. I'm not denying he's an excellant player, but saying he's 98% of the Offensive player as the reigning Art Ross (AND Hart) trophy winner is completely ridiculous.
9 avr. 2021 à 13 h 39
Boi
Last I checked, there no WAR or G/60 trophy, etc, but there is a points trophy, the Art Ross.....

No excuses for Point. He plays on a great team and often exceptional line mates. I'm not denying he's an excellant player, but saying he's 98% of the Offensive player as the reigning Art Ross (AND Hart) trophy winner is completely ridiculous.

When my claims is backed by factual mathematical evidence it is a completely justified statement
9 avr. 2021 à 13 h 44
Go leafs go
When my claims is backed by factual mathematical evidence it is a completely justified statement

Forget it, if you actually think all those complicated stats are better than the ones that actually matter, than there is no point (hahaha, pun was not intended) to this.
9 avr. 2021 à 13 h 48
Boi
Forget it, if you actually think all those complicated stats are better than the ones that actually matter, than there is no point (hahaha, pun was not intended) to this.

I’m mean those stats do actually matter just ask JBBand Steve yzerman who built a cup winning team based off of analytics, and then theirs the GMs who sign players based off points like Jim benning and look at his bottom 6
9 avr. 2021 à 13 h 57
Go leafs go
I’m mean those stats do actually matter just ask JBBand Steve yzerman who built a cup winning team based off of analytics, and then theirs the GMs who sign players based off points like Jim benning and look at his bottom 6

Maybe I'm going crazy but last I checked you win games by having the most goals and not having the best WAR or CF/60.
9 avr. 2021 à 14 h 6
Boi
Maybe I'm going crazy but last I checked you win games by having the most goals and not having the best WAR or CF/60.

You know what WAR means? Do you know what GAR means? Because if you did we wouldn’t be having this conversation
9 avr. 2021 à 14 h 15
Go leafs go
You know what WAR means? Do you know what GAR means? Because if you did we wouldn’t be having this conversation

Wins above replacement
Goals above replacement

I'm no expert, but I know that these are estimation stats, they are not always completely accurate.
9 avr. 2021 à 14 h 19
Boi
Wins above replacement
Goals above replacement

I'm no expert, but I know that these are estimation stats, they are not always completely accurate.

GAR is how many more goals a player scores over a replacement level player, a replacement level player is anyone who has an average amount of impact on the game and is very interchangeable, GAR helps to determine who’s goals are at a higher impact then replacement level

WAR is the same but with their affects on wins

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage