Bennett is not top 10
mk458 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 mars 2021 à 13 h 50
MK458
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 928
Quoting: Gmonwy
Bennett is not top 10

He isn't even top 20 for me tbh. I'd take Vrana, Fiala, Tuch, Olofsson, Kapanen, Toews, Schmaltz, Sorokin, Dvorak, and Merzlikins before him
Gmonwy et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 mars 2021 à 14 h 28
Boi
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 379
Point is easily better than Larkin and has a debate for 1st
4 mars 2021 à 15 h 6
Bcarlo25
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,911
Quoting: Bigboi69
Point is easily better than Larkin and has a debate for 1st

There’s definitely no case for him being first overall, but he’s better than Larkin.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
4 mars 2021 à 15 h 36
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
I think Ekblad falls no further than 7th and he could be a coinflip over either Ehlers or Nylander. He's a great defenceman and more a victim of just not being the best player in his class. It doesn't help he plays for the NHL team that gives him the least amount of exposure.

Echoing sentiments that Bennett and Virtanen should be outside the top-20. Hadyn Fleury could be in this range too. Not great but not awful.

I don't think Nick Richie goes within the first round if we're completely accounting for hindsight.
Saskleaf et SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
4 mars 2021 à 18 h 23
Boi
Quoting: Bcarlo25
There’s definitely no case for him being first overall, but he’s better than Larkin.

Their is 100% an argument for point being number 1, in the last 3 seasons excluding this one, points has generated 98% of the offensive chances and impact as drai and more than pasta while being in a whole nother universe defensively
4 mars 2021 à 18 h 23
Bcarlo25
Their is 100% an argument for point being number 1, in the last 3 seasons excluding this one, points has generated 98% of the offensive chances and impact as drai and more than pasta while being in a whole nother universe defensively

Cool. When he leads the league in goals or points, lets talk. Maybe if he’s ever higher than third on his team in points we can chat.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2021 à 8 h 58
Boi
Cool. When he leads the league in goals or points, lets talk. Maybe if he’s ever higher than third on his team in points we can chat.

Ohh I see you have the most basic understanding of hockey and either refuse to or are incapable of expanding your knowledge of the sport, have fun not knowing the difference between actual impact and just being a good finisher
5 mars 2021 à 9 h 16
Bcarlo25
Ohh I see you have the most basic understanding of hockey and either refuse to or are incapable of expanding your knowledge of the sport, have fun not knowing the difference between actual impact and just being a good finisher

Blah blah blah. Duh, the game isn’t about points, but leading the league in scoring or goals kindaaaa separates guys from someone who’s always third on their team in scoring.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2021 à 9 h 38
Boi
Blah blah blah. Duh, the game isn’t about points, but leading the league in scoring or goals kindaaaa separates guys from someone who’s always third on their team in scoring.

Once again showing your ignorance, generating chances doesn’t always get you points, aswell as generating more scoring chances for than against> scoring a bunch of points but letting the other team score a bunch while your out there
5 mars 2021 à 10 h 8
Bcarlo25
Once again showing your ignorance, generating chances doesn’t always get you points, aswell as generating more scoring chances for than against> scoring a bunch of points but letting the other team score a bunch while your out there

Talk about ignorance. Leaning on the fancy stats like a crutch. Watch the damn game buddy. You’ll learn a lot more.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2021 à 10 h 56
Boi
Talk about ignorance. Leaning on the fancy stats like a crutch. Watch the damn game buddy. You’ll learn a lot more.

Lol you act like I don’t watch point literally walk around entire teams defenses every game, he doesn’t put up points because he’s isn’t the best finisher in the league, but hey I’ll take math over you’re biased eyes any day
5 mars 2021 à 11 h 25
Bcarlo25
Lol you act like I don’t watch point literally walk around entire teams defenses every game, he doesn’t put up points because he’s isn’t the best finisher in the league, but hey I’ll take math over you’re biased eyes any day

Right. So he’s really good. No argument here. But as you said, he’s not the best finisher in the league. Maybe the guy that is arguably the best finisher in the league (he isn’t, but the argument can be made) should go ahead of him. Maybe the guy that just won an MVP should go ahead of him? It’s a bit out there i know.
5 mars 2021 à 11 h 37
Boi
Right. So he’s really good. No argument here. But as you said, he’s not the best finisher in the league. Maybe the guy that is arguably the best finisher in the league (he isn’t, but the argument can be made) should go ahead of him. Maybe the guy that just won an MVP should go ahead of him? It’s a bit out there i know.

Being a finisher but not generating any chances on your own or playing defense does not warrant a 1st overall pick(pasta), having the highest offensive impact in the league but being so bad at defense you make a negative impact when your on the ice does not warrant the 1st overall pick ( drai), having 98% of the offensive impact as drai and being above average defensively while being an average or slightly below average finisher warrants the first overall pick (point)
5 mars 2021 à 11 h 38
Bcarlo25
Being a finisher but not generating any chances on your own or playing defense does not warrant a 1st overall pick(pasta), having the highest offensive impact in the league but being so bad at defense you make a negative impact when your on the ice does not warrant the 1st overall pick ( drai), having 98% of the offensive impact as drai and being above average defensively while being an average or slightly below average finisher warrants the first overall pick (point)

You think pasta is bad defensively?
5 mars 2021 à 11 h 41
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

I love Point, and he's clearly 3rd in this draft, but it's absolutely ridiculous to say he's better than Drais or Pasta.
5 mars 2021 à 11 h 54
Go leafs go

Are you being serious right now? Sure sometimes he's ignorant, but you can't possibly tell me Point is better than the reigning Hart and Art Ross trophy winner, or the reigning Rocket Richard trophy winning (partly anyway).
5 mars 2021 à 11 h 58
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Saskleaf
Are you being serious right now? Sure sometimes he's ignorant, but you can't possibly tell me Point is better than the reigning Hart and Art Ross trophy winner, or the reigning Rocket Richard trophy winning (partly anyway).

I may be arrogant, but it will be very hard to find instances of ignorance from me.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
5 mars 2021 à 12 h 12
Go leafs go
I may be arrogant, but it will be very hard to find instances of ignorance from me.

You did just tell me MacAvoy is the best right d in the league...
5 mars 2021 à 12 h 12
Bcarlo25
You did just tell me MacAvoy is the best right d in the league...

Who’s better?
5 mars 2021 à 12 h 18
Go leafs go
Who’s better?

Just gave you a nice list in that other thread.

Makar
Carlson
Pietro
Hamilton
Jones
Heiskanen

Last 3 are certainly very debatable, but he's at best 4th right now.
5 mars 2021 à 12 h 24
Bcarlo25
Just gave you a nice list in that other thread.

Makar
Carlson
Pietro
Hamilton
Jones
Heiskanen

Last 3 are certainly very debatable, but he's at best 4th right now.

Just responded. To summarize:
Maybe
No
Two years ago
Lol
Dude
Cmon
5 mars 2021 à 12 h 29
Go leafs go
Just responded. To summarize:
Maybe
No
Two years ago
Lol
Dude
Cmon

If you actually think Macavoy is better than Makar, I don't know what to tell you.
5 mars 2021 à 12 h 33
Bcarlo25
If you actually think Macavoy is better than Makar, I don't know what to tell you.

I’ve given you my logic. You ignored it. Oppose it? Show your work.
5 mars 2021 à 12 h 38
Go leafs go
I’ve given you my logic. You ignored it. Oppose it? Show your work.

Don't have the stats to measure defense. I will tell you this though: McAvoy is better defensively.

But it really doesn't matter to me.
Have you seen this Makar guy? He got almost a point per game (50 in 57) in his ROOKIE SEASON. This year he's as close as you can get to not being a point per game, with 14 in 15. And he's younger than McAvoy, only 22 years old? I take Makar 10 times out of 10.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage