Forums/Armchair-GM

Matthews vs McDavid

Créé par: mitchmarner16
Équipe: 2020-21 Équipe personnalisée
Date de création initiale: 3 mars 2021
Publié: 3 mars 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
On Sportsnet Central a person asked would you rather have McDavid or Matthews right now on ask the panel and Anthony Stewart said he would rather have Matthews!!!!
IMO as a leafs fan I would still rather have THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD CONNOR MCDAVID
Is stewy out of his mind??????
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2999 999 999 $24 140 250 $0 $0 $975 859 749 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 6
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
737 500 $737 500 $
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Panthers de la Floride
1 666 667 $1 666 667 $
C, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
730 833 $730 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG
RFA - 1
Logo de Predators de Nashville
803 333 $803 333 $
C, AG
RFA - 4
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
795 000 $795 000 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DD
RFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
810 000 $810 000 $
C
RFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
3 mars 2021 à 20 h 46
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,292
Quoting: Ryminister_27
It has nothing to do with what team I follow. In fact I never said what team I even follow the most. It's the fact that Matthews is a better defensive player and the offensive side isn't THAT big of a difference to say that McDavid's poor defence would still set him apart. You say McDavid can take over again, sure he can. But so can Matthews. And Matthews does it in different ways than just offence.

We can sit here and debate all night, but I'm not wasting my time on it. If you watch the game and look at the stats, Matthews is the far more complete player.

Debate what exactly? Your argument is simply wrong, like trying to argue the earth is flat.
3 mars 2021 à 20 h 47
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,915
Quoting: Isles777
"go look at the defensive metrics"

Okay, you showed me one graph. I didn't say Matthews was better in EVERY metric.
3 mars 2021 à 20 h 50
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,915
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Debate what exactly? Your argument is simply wrong, like trying to argue the earth is flat.

No it's not dude. You're just too damn arrogant to see anyone else's side of a debate other than your own.

Matthews is the more complete player. McDavid is the better offensive. Watch a game. Learn something about hockey. There's a reason why Matthews' name has been mentioned in Selke talks this year and McDavid's hasn't.

If you're gonna keep being this arrogant, please just block me. Don't have times for kids like you.
3 mars 2021 à 20 h 52
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
No it's not dude. You're just too damn arrogant to see anyone else's side of a debate other than your own.

Matthews is the more complete player. McDavid is the better offensive. Watch a game. Learn something about hockey. There's a reason why Matthews' name has been mentioned in Selke talks this year and McDavid's hasn't.

If you're gonna keep being this arrogant, please just block me. Don't have times for kids like you.

Matthews in Selke talks 🤣🤣🤣
Also how about you watch the game and stop being arrogant
Wadejos123 a aimé ceci.
3 mars 2021 à 20 h 52
Isles7
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Okay, you showed me one graph. I didn't say Matthews was better in EVERY metric.

RAPM xGA/60 (preventing quality shots against) and CA/60 (shot suppression) is one of the best measures of defensive impact.

You said Matthews is better defensively. Which metric shows that Matthews is better defensively?
3 mars 2021 à 20 h 55
Isles7
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299

"The Selke Trophy is always the most fascinating award, and in my piece I made penalty-killing time part of the criteria. The theory is that if a coach doesn’t play you on the penalty kill, are you really that good defensively? It’s not often a player wins the award without a role on the penalty kill, but sometimes a player is too good elsewhere that it’s probably best to save his strength. Perhaps we shouldn’t be so rigid?
I mention this for two players who probably wouldn’t normally get a sniff at this award: Sidney Crosby and yes, MCDAVID. They’ve played less than five minutes combined on the penalty kill this season.
If I’m a coach, there’s no way I’m wasting either player’s time with the penalty kill – they’re the best offensive options and saving them for those opportunities is more important than the penalty kill. That’s a job any fourth liner can do. At five-on-five though, both have a pretty decent case so far.
In terms of defensive impact (a mix of expected and actual goals against), Crosby is behind only Aleksander Barkov this season among top line players with the Penguins allowing under two expected and actual goals against per 60 with him on the ice. MCDAVID hasn’t had the same goaltending luck, but his expected goals against impact has been terrific on a porous team. He’s sandwiched between Crosby and Joel Eriksson Ek inside the top 10. "- Dom L (the athletic).

Pretty sure he's a leafs fan...
A_Habs_fan et Ledge_And_Dairy a aimé ceci.
3 mars 2021 à 20 h 57
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
Quoting: Isles777
RAPM xGA/60 (preventing quality shots against) and CA/60 (shot suppression) is one of the best measures of defensive impact.

You said Matthews is better defensively. Which metric shows that Matthews is better defensively?

Don’t worry about talking sense into him, he’s probably already put us on his ignore list for having a brain
Ledge_And_Dairy a aimé ceci.
3 mars 2021 à 21 h 13
Mentions "j'aime": 19,292

Arrogance?
1. You are literally the only person who is arguing Matthews over McDavid, even other Leafs fans aren't that dumb
2. Matthews game is not "more complete" as @Isles777 has pointed out numerous times now. Matthews wont be in the Selke conversation he might get a few votes but definitely won't be top 10.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
3 mars 2021 à 21 h 13
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,152
Until either win a cup, its still Crosby
3 mars 2021 à 21 h 24
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 434
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Anyone who says Matthews is insane, or just trying to be a contrarian. Or maybe theres some American bias from some people? I remember some lunatics saying eichel should go over McDavid in their draft year. Insane.

Matthews is an unreal player, but that’s how good McDavid is. It isn’t even close.

Before I get ripped I want to make it clear that I agree with everything you just said, but I think the perspective from Anthony Stewart was, finding finishers is much hard than finding setup players. The way I look at it is Edmonton has the best if not the two best players in the game but they have absolutely no one else who can finish on a supremely consistent basis like Matthews. Even when Matthews started his career playing with human and brown, neither one of those wingers are considered great playmakers but Matthews still turned out 40 goals. So I think what Anthony Stewart was saying is that you can surround a goal scorer with more options vs trying to find a great playmaker a great finisher. But I agree McDavid is the better player but I don't think the gap is as large as people make it out to be.
3 mars 2021 à 22 h 16
Bcarlo25
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,911
Quoting: TheOtherAuston
Before I get ripped I want to make it clear that I agree with everything you just said, but I think the perspective from Anthony Stewart was, finding finishers is much hard than finding setup players. The way I look at it is Edmonton has the best if not the two best players in the game but they have absolutely no one else who can finish on a supremely consistent basis like Matthews. Even when Matthews started his career playing with human and brown, neither one of those wingers are considered great playmakers but Matthews still turned out 40 goals. So I think what Anthony Stewart was saying is that you can surround a goal scorer with more options vs trying to find a great playmaker a great finisher. But I agree McDavid is the better player but I don't think the gap is as large as people make it out to be.

I don’t think you can really call McDavid a setup player. He’s pretty close to a half goal per game player, no?
3 mars 2021 à 22 h 31
I don’t think you can really call McDavid a setup player. He’s pretty close to a half goal per game player, no?

He is more of setup man than a goal scorer. Nobody can argue that. He is a 0.46 goals per game player. Vs the likes of matthews 0.58 goals per game.
3 mars 2021 à 22 h 32
Bcarlo25
He is more of setup man than a goal scorer. Nobody can argue that. He is a 0.46 goals per game player. Vs the likes of matthews 0.58 goals per game.

I mean, he’s probably a top 5 goal scorer in the NHL...he’s not a setup guy. He’s mcJesus.
3 mars 2021 à 22 h 42
I mean, he’s probably a top 5 goal scorer in the NHL...he’s not a setup guy. He’s mcJesus.

If you go to hockey reference and look at the leaders for all categories in the assist department McDavid leads, if you look at any category goal related Matthews leads. McDavid is a setup man more than goal scorer. I'm not saying he can't score I'm saying he's a better setup man and the goal scorer is more difficult to come by.
3 mars 2021 à 22 h 59
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,790
McDavid isn't the best player in the world: he's the best offensive player in the world. There's a big difference.

If you're starting a team today and want a more complete player, you take Matthews. Scores more goals (goals are valued more than assists), is better defensively, wins faceoffs, and plays more of a physical style (not a physical player but can use his strength better). McDavid is just the flashy stick handler and high end speed. Both are extremely valuable. But Matthews is the more complete player.

*Que all the hate from Oilers fans in here*

you might be one of the most homer leafs fans i've ever seen. Earlier you say kubalik isn't worth as much as sandin/robertson/amirov, now you say Mathews>Mcdavid
3 mars 2021 à 23 h 3
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Turns out they both suck.

0 points, -1.

They should learn from real elite players like Vesey and Nygard.
3 mars 2021 à 23 h 18
Bcarlo25
If you go to hockey reference and look at the leaders for all categories in the assist department McDavid leads, if you look at any category goal related Matthews leads. McDavid is a setup man more than goal scorer. I'm not saying he can't score I'm saying he's a better setup man and the goal scorer is more difficult to come by.

🙄
3 mars 2021 à 23 h 19
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Wadejos123
you might be one of the most homer leafs fans i've ever seen. Earlier you say kubalik isn't worth as much as sandin/robertson/amirov, now you say Mathews>Mcdavid

I think this guys got a lengthy list of posters that have him on ignore. He’s absurd.
Wadejos123 a aimé ceci.
4 mars 2021 à 0 h 13
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,847

You just gonna ignore the fact that McDavid is second in goals?
4 mars 2021 à 0 h 19
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Rangsey
You just gonna ignore the fact that McDavid is second in goals?

Yes. Apparently he is.
Rangsey a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage