Forums/Armchair-GM

If We Decide to Sell and Rebuild

Créé par: Jrader17
Équipe: 2020-21 Coyotes de l'Arizona
Date de création initiale: 2 mars 2021
Publié: 2 mars 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Please understand that this is team created by a dyed in the wool, die hard, life long Coyotes fan. I know more about this team than anyone you will ever meet. These opinions are informed by watching literally every Coyotes game as well as, as much hockey as I can get my eyes on. So with that said....

If we decide to sell and rebuild the goal should be the bolster and build around what is becoming an encouraging young core. Keller, Dvo, Schmaltz, Garland, and Chychrun are all under 25 and a part of the solution. Each is young, productive, and cost controlled, even in a rebuild you don't move that out. That core plus Hayton, Soderstrom, Jenik, and Maccelli are untouchables

The team's most valuable assets are as follows:
Darcy Kuemper, is flat out no questions asked one of the 5 best goalies in the league, and on any given night he is the league's best. He's big, athletic but doesn't use those things to cheat. He's a rebound vacuum, and routinely makes "how did he stop that saves." All of the advanced metrics back it up as well. He has another year at 4.5. Which for Vezina level play is a steal. Any team trading for him this year would get potentially 2 playoff runs out of him. He is worth at least a 1st round pick and good prospect/roster player.

Annti Raanta. The caveat is always "if he's healthy," but when he's in the crease there's no question what you're getting which is high end goalie play. He's a UFA at the end of the year which hurts his value, but a goalie needy team could certainly drop him in and know they are going to get good play. He's worth a mid round pick or okay prospect.

Alex Goligoski is a high end rental. He plays big heavy minutes, has proven himself to be a steady top 4 D man, and although he hasn't done it this year has produced offense in the past. He's won a cup and is the kind of veteran top 4 addition that many contenders, especially those who are thinner on the backend would love to have. At the deadline he is worth at least a 2nd rounder or decent prospect/young roster player (especially if we are willing to retain some of his salary)

Derrick Brassard aka "Big Game Brass" is the exact type of bottom six piece that cup contenders covet - he is worth a mid round pick as a deadline rental.

Lawson Crouse. Despite having 0 goals this year (he has hit 5 posts), Crouse is the kind of big body, hard nosed player with enough skill to play with better players that teams drool over. Think of him like the poor mans Tom Wilson. He's young, on an extremely reasonable 1.5 ticket and as recently as last season scored 15 goals. He's also a plus penalty killer. While I am not a fan of the idea of trading Crouser, he's a good change of scenery candidate and would no doubt interest contenders looking to add some snarl with the upside of offensive pop. He's worth a swap of change of scenery players or a 2nd/3rd round pick or a decent prospect.

Jordan Osterle. Quietly one of the most underrated players in the NHL. Despite overwhelming defensive zone starts, he's still produced well on offense with 8 points so far this season. He's shown he can be a PP2 quarterback. Personally, I think he's part of the solution but with being a pending UFA, the team could think his play has priced him out of AZ, and he'd be a really high end rental for a contending team (think Michal Kempny the year the Caps won the Cup) or a trade and extend candidate for a team. He is worth at least a good prospect or a 2nd round pick

As you'll see I chose not trade all of the assets, as I couldn't find fits or fair value. But I hope this post helps educate some other fan bases about the Yotes and our players.
Transactions
ARI
  1. Savoie, Carter [Liste de réserve]
  2. Skinner, Stuart
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Kuemper, Darcy (1 000 000 $ retained)
ARI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (WSH)
WSH
  1. Raanta, Antti (1 000 000 $ retained)
ARI
  1. Gawanke, Leon
  2. Perreault, Mathieu
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
ARI
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (BOS)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de EDM
Logo de ARI
Logo de CBJ
Logo de WPG
Logo de ARI
Logo de PIT
Logo de BOS
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de WSH
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
Logo de ARI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $70 144 450 $196 951 $0 $11 355 550 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
7 150 000 $7 150 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
5 850 000 $5 850 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 6
775 000 $775 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
AG, AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 800 000 $6 800 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
1 533 333 $1 533 333 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 7
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
G
UFA - 1
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 5
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
783 333 $783 333 $
G
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
5 275 000 $5 275 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
3 937 500 $3 937 500 $
DD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DD
UFA - 1
737 500 $737 500 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
2 mars 2021 à 10 h 30
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,760
Hard pass for the jets IMO. Gologoski would go for a 3rd. I guess Matty P would need to be included for cap reasons, but adding a D prospect and a second is way too much
2 mars 2021 à 10 h 33
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,450
Move at least 2 if not 3 of the five pending UFA D so you get more picks.
2 mars 2021 à 10 h 39
Bcarlo25
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,911
What about OEL? Kinda have to move that contract, no?
2 mars 2021 à 10 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 45
Quoting: bhavikp27
Move at least 2 if not 3 of the five pending UFA D so you get more picks.

Demers has been a healthy scratch the last 3 games... I don't think he has any value at this point. No reason to move a guy and uproot him for a 7th. Hjalmarsson has a NMC and has already said publicly that he will use it. Does not want to move his family.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 10 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Bcarlo25
What about OEL? Kinda have to move that contract, no?

I guess in a perfect world you do.. but his ticket is so large, and with his declining level of play I just don't know what a trade looks like at this point. He's a franchise icon, if you're not from AZ I really can't explain how much he means to the Valley and the team. So moving him out is tough, you need good compensation back, but you also have to factor in that you're moving only the 4th captain in team history, the best D man in team history and a legend in the city. Also he has a NMC and has been very vocal about where'd he accept a trade to
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 10 h 45
Bcarlo25
Mentions "j'aime": 6,911
Quoting: Jrader17
I guess in a perfect world you do.. but his ticket is so large, and with his declining level of play I just don't know what a trade looks like at this point. He's a franchise icon, if you're not from AZ I really can't explain how much he means to the Valley and the team. So moving him out is tough, you need good compensation back, but you also have to factor in that you're moving only the 4th captain in team history, the best D man in team history and a legend in the city. Also he has a NMC and has been very vocal about where'd he accept a trade to

True, and i don’t think either boston or Vancouver want him. Maybe with all their issues, vancouver could go for a major shake up. I just think if some team gets desperate and wants to add him, AZ should be all over it.
2 mars 2021 à 10 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: masterjuddi
Hard pass for the jets IMO. Gologoski would go for a 3rd. I guess Matty P would need to be included for cap reasons, but adding a D prospect and a second is way too much

Currently playing 22 minutes a night, has an 52% expected goals at even strength. I think he comes in and is immediately in the Jets top 4. Matty P has to be in to make the money work, and the prospect it's not like it's Ville Heinola.... prices get weird at the deadline. I do see your point though.
masterjuddi et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 10 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Bcarlo25
True, and i don’t think either boston or Vancouver want him. Maybe with all their issues, vancouver could go for a major shake up. I just think if some team gets desperate and wants to add him, AZ should be all over it.

You're completely right. If a team wants to a do it, we should do it. I just didn't want to throw out something nuts and have people ration me to death on here haha
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 11 h 56
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,604
Really great post. Informative Team Explanation even for those of us who are direct competitors. Very reasonable trade values. (Given Winnipeg's trade history, I think that they'd jump at Goligoski on those terms.)

Hope you weigh in on some of the Arizona rebuild constructions posted by outsiders.

Thanks!
Jrader17 a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 12 h 45
Mentions "j'aime": 262
Glad to see another Coyotes fan on here! I like some of the deals you made here but I can’t get behind that Keumper deal personally. You said it yourself he’s top 5 goalie, I’d like to see a real prospect come back in the deal, I feel like Carolina is a better trade partner for him
Jrader17 a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 13 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: desertdog111
Glad to see another Coyotes fan on here! I like some of the deals you made here but I can’t get behind that Keumper deal personally. You said it yourself he’s top 5 goalie, I’d like to see a real prospect come back in the deal, I feel like Carolina is a better trade partner for him

Hey! Go yotes! We definitely need more representation on these kind of forums and boards.

I think the goalie market is always a hard one to gauge. I don't like the idea of moving Kuemps at all, but in this hypothetical rebuild he's the crown jewel to move especially this season when the team acquiring him would get him for 2 playoff runs. To make this deal I used the Ryan Miller trade as an analog, Miller was actually 2 years older at 33 at the time but he was traded to St. Louis by Buffalo with Steve Ott for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, St. Louis' 1st round pick. In the case the prospect from EDM is similar to Carrier at the time. Recently, Scott Wheeler at the Athletic ranked Savoie as EDM's #6 prospect, and he's only 19and has been very productive at the University of Denver. Plus with Stuart Skinner you're getting a good pedigree goalie prospect, which given Arizona's investment in our goalie department and development could be a low risk, high high reward play.

Regardless, I appreciate you chiming in and I could see Carolina as a partner as well.
desertdog111 a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 13 h 7
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Really great post. Informative Team Explanation even for those of us who are direct competitors. Very reasonable trade values. (Given Winnipeg's trade history, I think that they'd jump at Goligoski on those terms.)

Hope you weigh in on some of the Arizona rebuild constructions posted by outsiders.

Thanks!

Thank you! I tried to do my best to lay out information about the Yotes, since I know that most fans don't watch us unless their team is playing against us (that goes for most national hockey media too sadly). Just trying to get information about the org out there. The returns are reasonable, nothing is worse than a trade where a fan base with no justification creates a completely nuts lopsided trade.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 13 h 12
Mentions "j'aime": 262
Quoting: Jrader17
Hey! Go yotes! We definitely need more representation on these kind of forums and boards.

I think the goalie market is always a hard one to gauge. I don't like the idea of moving Kuemps at all, but in this hypothetical rebuild he's the crown jewel to move especially this season when the team acquiring him would get him for 2 playoff runs. To make this deal I used the Ryan Miller trade as an analog, Miller was actually 2 years older at 33 at the time but he was traded to St. Louis by Buffalo with Steve Ott for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, St. Louis' 1st round pick. In the case the prospect from EDM is similar to Carrier at the time. Recently, Scott Wheeler at the Athletic ranked Savoie as EDM's #6 prospect, and he's only 19and has been very productive at the University of Denver. Plus with Stuart Skinner you're getting a good pedigree goalie prospect, which given Arizona's investment in our goalie department and development could be a low risk, high high reward play.

Regardless, I appreciate you chiming in and I could see Carolina as a partner as well.

Okay that’s a fair rationale. The proposed Carolina deals over seen floating around on other ACGMs is Keumper for Reimer, Dominik Bokk, and their first. I thought that Bokk was much better than Savoie but I had a Canes fan tell me yesterday that he was a “maybe” prospect, so perhaps this deal is actually better. In any case, I hope the boys can just pull it together and make a playoff run instead of having to sell at the TDL.
Jrader17 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 13 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: desertdog111
Okay that’s a fair rationale. The proposed Carolina deals over seen floating around on other ACGMs is Keumper for Reimer, Dominik Bokk, and their first. I thought that Bokk was much better than Savoie but I had a Canes fan tell me yesterday that he was a “maybe” prospect, so perhaps this deal is actually better. In any case, I hope the boys can just pull it together and make a playoff run instead of having to sell at the TDL.

You and me both man! I think the best thing for this group is to continue to play competitive meaningful games, hang around the 4 seed in the west. The short leash line, and DVO and Chyk's growth is so encouraging. If we can get some more contributors on a night to night basis, it's a competitive team. Making the playoffs and then wisely using some of the 30 mil in cap space we'll have next year is obviously my preferred route as well.
desertdog111 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage