SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

What teams would be interested in Carey Price and Shea Weber

26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 33
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,251
Buy pice out, its like 10 million for 5 years, then its nothing. I know it sounds crazy but You have primeau coming he'll be cheap sign a guy like bernier for 3 million or reup Allen for 4 million. You'll be paying 15 or 16 million for 2 goalies instead of 13 million with price but you'll be better without him.
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 34
Alexis Asternire
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 194
Quoting: Bmersereau73
Suzuki has got the remainder of this season and next, but then I would imagine Montreal rids themselves of the Byron and Chiarot contracts as well, which if they're smart they'll save to spend on Suzuki.

Yup, if they be smart ship the bad contracts off, and save for the youngster completely agree. Don't wanna get stuck in cap hell.
Bmersereau73 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 36
Démarrer sujet
BM73
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 196
Quoting: Lafszn
Yup, if they be smart ship the bad contracts off, and save for the youngster completely agree. Don't wanna get stuck in cap hell.

Montreal can still sign Suzuki to over 8 million, keeping Price and Weber and long as they are smart with the rest of their contracts, and they definitely need to dump Chiarot and Byron.
Rick_and_Laf_lol a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 37
Démarrer sujet
BM73
Quoting: Jfstompers
Buy pice out, its like 10 million for 5 years, then its nothing. I know it sounds crazy but You have primeau coming he'll be cheap sign a guy like bernier for 3 million or reup Allen for 4 million. You'll be paying 15 or 16 million for 2 goalies instead of 13 million with price but you'll be better without him.

Not a chance that happens, better off keeping him and waiting for him to return to being a average to good goaltender again rather than paying 10 million for absolutely nothing.
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 42
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,227
Webber is still quality, but his age and contract length are a bit scary.

PHI would gladly do a Ghost, 1st, 2nd and another (smallish) piece, but its hard to get equal value for a Webber, because as I said hes still a very good player, but the mileage on those tires with the contract lkength is a real risk....

Webber could maintain a high level of play until retirement is just as likely as the injuries and age catch up to him in another 2 years
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 44
Pop Pop
Not a chance that happens, better off keeping him and waiting for him to return to being a average to good goaltender again rather than paying 10 million for absolutely nothing.

Oh I know but moving him youd have to retain what 3 million and loose multipe assets if he'd even waive to move. Its a tough spot. Its too bad he was so good.
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 47
Démarrer sujet
BM73
Oh I know but moving him youd have to retain what 3 million and loose multipe assets if he'd even waive to move. Its a tough spot. Its too bad he was so good.

Price can still be a good goaltender, I think at that point it's likely not worth trading him if you have to give up salary and pieces to move on from him.
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 49
Pop Pop
Price can still be a good goaltender, I think at that point it's likely not worth trading him if you have to give up salary and pieces to move on from him.

Id just sit him for a few games, let allen have the net and hope he snaps back
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 50
Démarrer sujet
BM73
Quoting: Hammerwise
Webber is still quality, but his age and contract length are a bit scary.

PHI would gladly do a Ghost, 1st, 2nd and another (smallish) piece, but its hard to get equal value for a Webber, because as I said hes still a very good player, but the mileage on those tires with the contract lkength is a real risk....

Webber could maintain a high level of play until retirement is just as likely as the injuries and age catch up to him in another 2 years

Weber is really struggling right now, he's getting beat often because of his lack of mobility and footspeed, He can still be very effective if utilized properly, but is struggling in Montreal's system that's based on footspeed. It's hard to gage Weber's value since like you said, there is a lot of risk between age, mileage and injuries.
Hammerwise a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 50
Démarrer sujet
BM73
Id just sit him for a few games, let allen have the net and hope he snaps back

Probably what I would do as well.
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 54
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,738
Then Montreal shouldn't bother IMO, you don't want to retain salary on these guys, which probably makes them impossible to move.

None of the teams have desire in either of those player for full price..
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 57
Démarrer sujet
BM73
Quoting: SammyT_51
None of the teams have desire in either of those player for full price..

Then Montreal is stuck with them.
SammyT_51 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2021 à 9 h 59
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,227
Weber is really struggling right now, he's getting beat often because of his lack of mobility and footspeed, He can still be very effective if utilized properly, but is struggling in Montreal's system that's based on footspeed. It's hard to gage Weber's value since like you said, there is a lot of risk between age, mileage and injuries.

That's the rub, Webber will be traded for as a 1st pairing guy: 20+ minutes a night, ES/PK/PP veteran, not a player who needs to be "protected" or utilized correctly.

Based on his play at the moment, I'd have to think MTL thinks hard at that PHI offer (Ghost has been above average defensively upon his return from injuries, while playing out of position, as primarily a puck mover), and a late 1st and 2nd is not a bad return for Webber at his current level of play and concern over mileage.

Philly comes to mind, because they need a 20+ minute a night RD who can pair with capable Provorov or Sanheim, to provide sound defense and a bit of physicality.
26 févr. 2021 à 10 h 10
Démarrer sujet
BM73
Quoting: Hammerwise
That's the rub, Webber will be traded for as a 1st pairing guy: 20+ minutes a night, ES/PK/PP veteran, not a player who needs to be "protected" or utilized correctly.

Based on his play at the moment, I'd have to think MTL thinks hard at that PHI offer (Ghost has been above average defensively upon his return from injuries, while playing out of position, as primarily a puck mover), and a late 1st and 2nd is not a bad return for Webber at his current level of play and concern over mileage.

Philly comes to mind, because they need a 20+ minute a night RD who can pair with capable Provorov or Sanheim, to provide sound defense and a bit of physicality.

If Philly offered that for Weber, Montreal should take it and run, but I think it's unlikely that Philly would offer that.
26 févr. 2021 à 10 h 36
Subbanator
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,312
Price wold have to be Seattle, would sell jerseys and be a star to sell on the new team. Weber would actually be pretty easy to move as of this off season I believe when his actual salary drops and you can find an owner wanting his cap hit to meet the floor but not actually pay the player.
Bmersereau73 et mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2021 à 10 h 38
Démarrer sujet
BM73
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Price wold have to be Seattle, would sell jerseys and be a star to sell on the new team. Weber would actually be pretty easy to move as of this off season I believe when his actual salary drops and you can find an owner wanting his cap hit to meet the floor but not actually pay the player.

Yeah that's possible, not sure on the likelihood though, I think Weber is an easier piece to move than Price.
26 févr. 2021 à 11 h 35
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,265
Weber should stay here. He's still capable of playing top 4 time at the worst. Price shouldn't even be in the NHL
26 févr. 2021 à 11 h 58
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Weber should stay here. He's still capable of playing top 4 time at the worst. Price shouldn't even be in the NHL

Price should go to Seattle. Makes too much sense
26 févr. 2021 à 13 h 40
WentWughes
Quoting: mhockey91
Price should go to Seattle. Makes too much sense

Nobody in the league, including Seattle, will take that contract. Throw in Suzuki + Romanov + a couple of firsts and maybe it's worth it.
26 févr. 2021 à 13 h 46
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,980
Nobody in the league, including Seattle, will take that contract. Throw in Suzuki + Romanov + a couple of firsts and maybe it's worth it.

Have habs fans really soured on price that much in the last few months??
26 févr. 2021 à 13 h 47
WentWughes
Quoting: mhockey91
Have habs fans really soured on price that much in the last few months??

Look at his stats for the past 5 years. 1 great playoff run doesn't make up for those numbers. There was injury concerns and other excuses to make, but his play this year has really turned the tide.
mhockey91 a aimé ceci.
26 févr. 2021 à 13 h 49
Démarrer sujet
BM73

That's ridiculous.
26 févr. 2021 à 14 h 37
WentWughes
That's ridiculous.

Look at his contract and his stats. Not only is he not an NHL calibre goalie, he's also the highest paid one in the league. Nobody wants that contract and it's buyout proof.
27 févr. 2021 à 9 h 22
Démarrer sujet
BM73
Look at his contract and his stats. Not only is he not an NHL calibre goalie, he's also the highest paid one in the league. Nobody wants that contract and it's buyout proof.

Contract is bad, but to say he's not an NHL caliber goalie because of 12 games this season, not long after he just stole a series against Pittsburgh, and gave the Flyers a good run, is absolutely nonsensical.
27 févr. 2021 à 9 h 54
WentWughes
Contract is bad, but to say he's not an NHL caliber goalie because of 12 games this season, not long after he just stole a series against Pittsburgh, and gave the Flyers a good run, is absolutely nonsensical.

It goes far beyond this season. When was the last season where he actually had good number?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage