Forums/Armchair-GM

Chicago and Nashville swaps

Créé par: arafay
Équipe: 2021-22 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 22 févr. 2021
Publié: 25 févr. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Notable exposures: Stanley, harkins, berdin. Jets pay demelo for them to stay off the trio.

Plenty of cap space so I think they should try to get a useful player on a high priced contract for cheap, like stastny this year. Only a one year contract though so the jets can take a run at a guy like Pulock or Ristolainen in 2022 FA
In the trade the hawks get a solid player in harkins who is more of a user thing than nylander. Nylander has issues in the defneseib zone whereas harkins doesn’t. In fact, harkins is a very good two way player who can play anywhere In the lineup much like Nylander. Niku on the other hand, has loads of potential but the jets just aren’t the right team. They aren’t in the position to let a kid make as many mistakes in the defensive end as he does. Chicago on the other hand could afford to establish him in the nhl and work through his growing pains. In the end, this is an exchange of 3 established nhlers. Nylander is the most valuable because of his upside. However, harkins can play the role Nylander plays now with little to no drop off, but doesn’t have the same potential as a top 6 guy. Niku on the other hand is a huge wild card. The kid will breakout of a team gives him a chance, mark my words. In the end, this could be very beneficial for both teams. At best, the jets get a dynamic offensive top 6 forward, and the hawks get a reliable and versatile middle 6 guy (who can play anywhere and still produce), and a dynamic offensive defensemen with a mean streak. I think this trade could be very good for both teams long term.

Now to teach Nylander to stay engaged and the defensive side of the game, the jets play him with copp. Plain and simple. Perfetti and Nylander can handle the offence while copp can handle the defensive side of things.

As for smith, I recently watched a game of his and I think he’s ready for the nhl game. Man are jets fans gonna love this kid. It’s fast, feisty, and soooo skilled. This kid could end up as a 4th liner or could become a first liner imo. Only time will tell.

I really like the future of both the forward core and the d-core. I would try hard to bring in pulock or ristolainen over free agency in 2022 to completely solidify the back end but the future looks brighter than ever in Winnipeg. Now if only Maurice will play the young guys.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
54 000 000 $
65 900 000 $
2750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
33 200 000 $
43 500 000 $
Transactions
WPG
    Seattle
    WPG
    1. Ekholm, Mattias
    2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (NSH)
    Détails additionnels:
    2021 trade deadline
    NSH
    1. Gustafsson, David
    2. Stanley, Logan [Droits de RFA]
    3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (WPG)
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de NSH
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de CBJ
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de WPG
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2181 500 000 $73 581 313 $145 122 $1 600 000 $7 918 687 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    900 000 $900 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    7 142 857 $7 142 857 $
    AG
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
    AG, C
    RFA - 3
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AD, AG
    RFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AG, AD
    RFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    925 000 $925 000 $
    C
    RFA - 2
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
    C
    UFA - 5
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    Logo de Predators de Nashville
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    5 900 000 $5 900 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    6 250 000 $6 250 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 7
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    6 166 667 $6 166 667 $
    G
    UFA - 3
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    863 333 $863 333 $
    DG
    RFA - 3
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance250 000 $$250K)
    DG
    RFA - 2
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    750 000 $750 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
    5 291 667 $5 291 667 $
    C, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    25 févr. 2021 à 17 h 13
    Go Preds
    Rejoint: juin 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 450
    Stanley is intriguing but Nashville declines
    villenash a aimé ceci.
    25 févr. 2021 à 17 h 18
    exo2769
    Rejoint: juill. 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,582
    I don't envision the Hawks trade going down. Value aside which is debatable for both parties. The Hawks have too many Dmen right now. To the point where they're likely listening to trade offers for one of two of them. The shouldn't acquire a Dman right now.
    ChiHawk et arafay a aimé ceci.
    25 févr. 2021 à 17 h 23
    Rejoint: nov. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,123
    If Maurice didn't like Laine he's not gonna wanna fix Nylander either
    25 févr. 2021 à 17 h 54
    Number 1 Kahun Fan
    Rejoint: avr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,010
    Nylander is younger and has more production than Niku and Harkins combined. We have too many young dman looking to get a spot to play and putting another one in the mix makes 0 sense. Harkins has 0 points and I assume hes a fourth liner which is what we also have a lot of not to mention more young kids in the wings waiting to play. Easy pass.
    ChiHawk et masterjuddi a aimé ceci.
    25 févr. 2021 à 22 h 3
    MisstheWhalers
    Rejoint: janv. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 12,309
    Wouldn't bother with the Preds trade, wouldn't bother with any of this to be honest.
    26 févr. 2021 à 0 h 18
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,205
    Quoting: exo2769
    I don't envision the Hawks trade going down. Value aside which is debatable for both parties. The Hawks have too many Dmen right now. To the point where they're likely listening to trade offers for one of two of them. The shouldn't acquire a Dman right now.

And yet Jets fans never learn despite all our comments multiple times a week and keep pushing Niku traded to the Hawks....don't get it
    26 févr. 2021 à 0 h 59
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: mars 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
    Quoting: exo2769

Fair enough, didn’t really know that. I would think the hawks were trying to get younger on d (and frankly better on the left side) during this retool (which I would argue is still going on despite the recent success). But fair point and thanks for the input.

Quoting: ChiHawk
    And yet Jets fans never learn despite all our comments multiple times a week and keep pushing Niku traded to the Hawks....don't get it

I mean, I don’t think there’s that many niku to hawks trade but I could see 2-3 a week. But between the amount of jets ACGMs, that’s not really a lot.

And for “just not getting it” not ones really explained the hawks d situation like @exo2769 just did, at least not to me. I mean, as an outsider, I would I think they are trying to get younger on d (mainly on the left side) so a flyer like niku would be good. However, I guess if they have too many d-men that makes sense. Same with the jets, they just have too many d-men but not enough top 4 guys so I understand that.

Again, thanks for the constructive criticism @exo2769
    26 févr. 2021 à 1 h 3
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: CFMan
    Nylander is younger and has more production than Niku and Harkins combined. We have too many young dman looking to get a spot to play and putting another one in the mix makes 0 sense. Harkins has 0 points and I assume hes a fourth liner which is what we also have a lot of not to mention more young kids in the wings waiting to play. Easy pass.

As I’ve said above, didn’t really think the hawks had too many nhl guys but it makes sense as I don’t know a whole lot about the team.

However, harkins isn’t really a fourth liner. I mean he is on the jets cause of their depth but he’s above an average 4th liner in the nhl. 0 Points??? Damn, I couldn’t believe it until I looked it up myself. The kids buzzing every time he’s on the ice. Surprising to me. But I guess it makes sense, he is only about 30 games into his nhl career and he doesn’t get much opportunity (not to mention Maurice’s constant line changing which is plainly aggravating tbh). Let me tell you, harkins is more than a 4th liner already and he’s only going to get better.
    26 févr. 2021 à 1 h 12
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: SlickWilly
    If Maurice didn't like Laine he's not gonna wanna fix Nylander either

Maurice didn’t not like laine. He simply likes wheeler too much. Nylander won’t necessarily have the same problem. Also, he would need to fix his defensive game but both buff and laine fixed theirs under Maurice so I think he can too. Maurice is better coach then most think imo. Just makes some questionable decisions. And he has this weird obsession with inferior vets. Like way more so than other coaches.
    SlickWilly a aimé ceci.
    26 févr. 2021 à 2 h 32
    Number 1 Kahun Fan
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,010
    Quoting: arafay
    As I’ve said above, didn’t really think the hawks had too many nhl guys but it makes sense as I don’t know a whole lot about the team.

However, harkins isn’t really a fourth liner. I mean he is on the jets cause of their depth but he’s above an average 4th liner in the nhl. 0 Points??? Damn, I couldn’t believe it until I looked it up myself. The kids buzzing every time he’s on the ice. Surprising to me. But I guess it makes sense, he is only about 30 games into his nhl career and he doesn’t get much opportunity (not to mention Maurice’s constant line changing which is plainly aggravating tbh). Let me tell you, harkins is more than a 4th liner already and he’s only going to get better.

Looked up Harkins draft and he was a second so saying hes a fourth liner might be harsh, just wasnt seeing the production in his numbers to warrant giving up Nylander. Off topic but since youre a jets fan how has PLD been doing for you guys?
    26 févr. 2021 à 8 h 31
    Wpgman
    Rejoint: févr. 2019
    Mentions "j'aime": 452
    Quoting: MisstheWhalers
    Wouldn't bother with the Preds trade, wouldn't bother with any of this to be honest.

I would think exposing and losing DeMelo to Seattle would get your approval. Sure the hell gets my approval.
    26 févr. 2021 à 10 h 19
    Rejoint: févr. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,760
    Quoting: MisstheWhalers

I was thinking the same. Giving up too much for a small window...bad asset management if you ask me.
    What do you think it would take to get EIlis out of Nashville? RSD with term. Ive always liked his game and fills a need for the jets. He's smaller, but doesnt play that way
    MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
    26 févr. 2021 à 10 h 31
    Démarrer sujet
    Quoting: CFMan
    Looked up Harkins draft and he was a second so saying hes a fourth liner might be harsh, just wasnt seeing the production in his numbers to warrant giving up Nylander. Off topic but since youre a jets fan how has PLD been doing for you guys?

He’s been very good these past couple of games. He’s only played 4 games but ever since coming back from injury he’s been great. Really miss laine though. Not because there’s been a drop off or anything, just cause he’s laine. Imo, no matter what this trade is gimme bite the jets just a bit because he’s bound to score 50-60 at least once in his career
    CFMan a aimé ceci.
    26 févr. 2021 à 12 h 18
    MisstheWhalers
    Quoting: Wpgman
    I would think exposing and losing DeMelo to Seattle would get your approval. Sure the hell gets my approval.

Yeah I'm fine with that but it was the least important part of this post so didn't bother getting into any detail about it.. Lol
    Wpgman a aimé ceci.
    26 févr. 2021 à 12 h 23
    MisstheWhalers
    Quoting: masterjuddi
    I was thinking the same. Giving up too much for a small window...bad asset management if you ask me.
    What do you think it would take to get EIlis out of Nashville? RSD with term. Ive always liked his game and fills a need for the jets. He's smaller, but doesnt play that way

Yeah its too many 1sts, former 1sts and 2nds for short term help and I get Nylander is a RW but just play a guy on his offhand, would rather do that with Harkins.

As for Ellis idk, that contract scares me, good player but not sure if that deal will age well and even though he plays bigger then his size he's still smallish, think I'd pass.
    masterjuddi a aimé ceci.
    26 févr. 2021 à 17 h 54
    Mentions "j'aime": 9,205
    Quoting: arafay
    Fair enough, didn’t really know that. I would think the hawks were trying to get younger on d (and frankly better on the left side) during this retool (which I would argue is still going on despite the recent success). But fair point and thanks for the input.

I mean, I don’t think there’s that many niku to hawks trade but I could see 2-3 a week. But between the amount of jets ACGMs, that’s not really a lot.

And for “just not getting it” not ones really explained the hawks d situation like exo2769 just did, at least not to me. I mean, as an outsider, I would I think they are trying to get younger on d (mainly on the left side) so a flyer like niku would be good. However, I guess if they have too many d-men that makes sense. Same with the jets, they just have too many d-men but not enough top 4 guys so I understand that.

Again, thanks for the constructive criticism exo2769

The Niku trades have been going on since the end of last season for various assets. Hawks have plenty of bottom 4 options in the prospect pool on the left side with Beaudin, Vlasic, Carlsson, and Kalynuk and then vets like De Haan and Zadarov and Keith at this point is really a 2nd liner himself. What the Hawks really need is a top line LHD player/prospect first and foremost and a top 6 RW secondly. Giving up Big Z or De Haan is not going to get that done necessarily but that's where the 1st round pick can be added and potentially other assets. Nylander could still turn into a top 6 RW which is why we probably wouldn't sell low on him given his injury this year. However, after Nylander we Reichel and that's it.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage