SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 3)

1 mars 2021 à 12 h 19
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Quoting: hanson493
Is nevada really an attractive state? I mean vegas has its perks but i wouldnt want to live there, im not sure many families would want to live there either. That being said. guys will still be available and teams will be looking to move bad contracts and every team will pay a premium to do so.

Now will they get nearly as good of a team right away. very unlikely. I think they will have a nice balance of good enough to be decent now but also building toward the future.

Quoting: mondo
I think Nevada's greatest appeal is that it's close to California without having to pay California taxes. Same reason why a lot of affluent people make their homes in Florida.

If you're 28 and making millions of dollars, being close to Las Vegas is as perfect as it gets.

What mondo said plus I have an aunt who lives there (moved from Canada to Vegas). She ain’t ever coming back and she’s starting her family there. She’s not a fan of the states politics/ issues but she’s got past that.

It’s a very nice place to live from personal word of mouth.
MitchMarner_16 et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 13 h 50
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Stalock got claimed by the Oilers, not sure why Smith and Koskinen have been doing good
1 mars 2021 à 14 h 6
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Stalock got claimed by the Oilers, not sure why Smith and Koskinen have been doing good

Insurance, I think - I like stalocks games from last year so its a good grab. I didn’t like smith last year in the playoffs so its a back up back up plan
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 14 h 6
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932

Goalie depth has been super important this season
yikes et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 18 h 24
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Yeah it’s interesting, so far I’d say teams like the Wild, Panthers, Blackhawks are the biggest surprises

Gotta throw the Kings in there, too. I'm pretty sure almost everyone on this site picked them to finish last in the West. I still think they'll miss the playoffs, but they've been playing way better than expected.
1 mars 2021 à 18 h 29
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Goalie depth has been super important this season

Taxi squad for now. Backup if Smith or Kosk gets hurt. Smart pickup by EDM, imo. Gotta think he'll see a few starts at some point.
1 mars 2021 à 19 h 11
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
The reason why so many prospects were signed today is this is the first day you can sign reserve list players to contracts that start next season
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 19 h 51
Still a Leafs Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 661
Hearing the leafs are looking West coast for Top 9 Forward strengthening. Eyes on players like Iafallo, Carter, Rakell and Marleau
1 mars 2021 à 20 h 21
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Hearing the leafs are looking West coast for Top 9 Forward strengthening. Eyes on players like Iafallo, Carter, Rakell and Marleau

You said top 9?
1 mars 2021 à 22 h 34
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Alright Edmonton fans which goaltender do you think the team should go after?
1 mars 2021 à 22 h 38
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231

Have you seen Koskinen's stats? Not really sure I'd call that good
Brian2016 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 22 h 38
This is exactly why they scooped up Stalock. If he gets healthy he's gonna play.
1 mars 2021 à 23 h 56
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Quoting: papishark
Too early to call anything, especially in the west division. LA and MIN are so flukey to be where they are

4-8 in the West was a tossup going into the season. STL is the surprise (not in a good way) in the West for me.
papishark a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 0 h 37
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
Quoting: wabit
4-8 in the West was a tossup going into the season. STL is the surprise (not in a good way) in the West for me.

The wild are my biggest surprise. I thought the blues were going to be worse losing Petro, but who wouldve bet the wild didnt need a single top 6 center to be good
2 mars 2021 à 0 h 41
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
The wild are my biggest surprise. I thought the blues were going to be worse losing Petro, but who wouldve bet the wild didnt need a single top 6 center to be good

JEE is a top-6 2-way center, just everyone thinks he's nothing more than a 3C for some reason.
2 mars 2021 à 0 h 42
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
Quoting: wabit
JEE is a top-6 2-way center, just everyone thinks he's nothing more than a 3C for some reason.

To me hes a fantastic 3C, but not the guy you want as a 2C on your playoff contender team.
2 mars 2021 à 0 h 45
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201

I'm gonna pat myself on the back here, and say I would've/did. I love the Wild, man. Obviously, they're still not the strongest at C even though JEE has taken a step, but I think they're a very good team that's missing one really important piece (bonafide 1C).
papishark a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 4 h 56
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 2 mars 2021 à 5 h 30
The San Jose Sharks win a game - with the best showing of their year. Multiple players, and lines standing out.

Karlsson stood out and shone, Kane-Cooch-Banc continue to be dynamic for the Sharks.
Martin Jones puts up a real good night - this time backed by offence which has been a real setback all year with dwindling away good performances. Jones comes up huge in the moments needed and overall puts up a great effort. With much of the team doing the same.

Will be interesting to see what the Sharks do because if they string together 3 more games like this; their chances of selling decrease as tonight was a complete team effort and showed the Sharks actually take hold of a game as opposed to just barely winning like most of our games.
2 mars 2021 à 6 h 15
EklundCelebriniSmith

Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 7 h 22
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Toronto Maple Leafs

Hutchinson is now 3rd in league save percentage (.943%) among goalies who have played 2+ games. He’s behind petr Mrazek (.955) and Jack Campbell (.951)

Joey Daccord and Alexi Melnichuk, but they have only played one game all year.

Didnt see that coming
2 mars 2021 à 7 h 23
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Current owner of Canada: Toronto Maple Leafs
2 mars 2021 à 8 h 29
If the regular season ended today: (points %)

TOR vs. MTL
WPG vs. EDM

TBL vs. CHI
FLA vs. CAR

PHI vs. NYI
BOS vs. WSH

VGK vs. STL
MIN vs. COL

MISSED:
Calgary
Vancouver
Ottawa
Dallas
Nashville
Columbus
Detroit
Pittsburgh
New Jersey
New York Rangers
Buffalo
Los Angeles
Arizona
San Jose
Anaheim
2 mars 2021 à 8 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Quoting: MitchMarner_16
Toronto Maple Leafs

Hutchinson is now 3rd in league save percentage (.943%) among goalies who have played 2+ games. He’s behind petr Mrazek (.955) and Jack Campbell (.951)

Joey Daccord and Alexi Melnichuk, but they have only played one game all year.

Didnt see that coming

? save percentage and GAA Heavily rely on more data. playing 3 games doesnt constitute you as the best goalie lol. just means you havent played enough games for it to influence your statline. one bad game and those numbers drop HEAVILY.
2 mars 2021 à 9 h 23
Quoting: hanson493
? save percentage and GAA Heavily rely on more data. playing 3 games doesnt constitute you as the best goalie lol. just means you havent played enough games for it to influence your statline. one bad game and those numbers drop HEAVILY.

I understand. Hutchinson has played four games, one of which against Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl. SV% is a pretty reliable stat and IMO should be counted once the goaltender has played three games, since the league leaders are all guys who have only played one game (Joey Daccord, Alexi Melnichuk). Petr Mrazek has very simliar stats an no one calls it a fluke.....

I think GAA is more of a team stat and not a goaltender's stat. Regardless of how you cut the cake, Hutchinson has stopped .943% of the shots he has faced this season, which is very good.

In no way am I eluding that he should be regarded as the best goalie, nor is he the best, but he has taken the opportunity he has been given and has surpassed all expectations. All I am trying to say, is he has done very well this year and if you cannot see that, you are very biased.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
2 mars 2021 à 11 h 36
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
So, are the Sens actually the pesky (and somewhat competitive) team that some people thought they’d be now that Matt Murray’s only putting up a below .900 save percentage for only half the games he plays as opposed to all of the games?

They’ll still likely finish last in the division, but they are giving TOR, MTL, and CGY fits right now.

And this pretty much lines up with where I thought they’d be at the start of the year. Competitive in games, and capable of playing spoiler, but still finishing last. And I knew Matt Murray was bad, and the most recent Matt Murray lines up with the bad and wildly inconsistent Murray we’ve come to expect, as opposed to the horrendous couldn’t save a beach ball Murray from the start of the season.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage