SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 3)

28 févr. 2021 à 16 h 46
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
Modifié 28 févr. 2021 à 16 h 54
Bob Boughner;
Calls out Vlasic and has a talk with him; saying has been below average for a long while now - he’s challenged him to step up and prove he deserves to play. Instead of keeping Knyzhov or Simek promoted to the second pair he’s playing Vlasic - Karlsson as a “last shot” (I’d assume/ hope). Verbally saying Vlasic basically has been bad.

Everyone’s known this for a while now (that Vlasic sucks) and Vlasic being called out/ given a seemingly “final” chance for now atleast is at the least good to hear (meaning of more terrible play continues we should see Knyzhov or Simek take a full time top 4 role).

Still woulda liked to see this sooner but atleast it’s been done.

Additionally we could see Melnichuk making more NHL starts in his early career - could see this happening within the next two months or so if the Sharks begin movement internally or selling.
28 févr. 2021 à 21 h 32
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Well as of right now, it’s looking like there are exactly five teams that are in the running for the playoffs in each division. The teams that are likely done:

ANA
ARI
BUF
CBJ
DET
NSH
NJD
NYR
OTT
SJS
VAN
28 févr. 2021 à 21 h 34
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Well as of right now, it’s looking like there are exactly five teams that are in the running for the playoffs in each division. The teams that are likely done:

ANA
ARI
BUF
CBJ
DET
NSH
NJD
NYR
OTT
SJS
VAN

Yeah it’s interesting, so far I’d say teams like the Wild, Panthers, Blackhawks are the biggest surprises
BuFfaLOFaN et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2021 à 21 h 36
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Yeah it’s interesting, so far I’d say teams like the Wild, Panthers, Blackhawks are the biggest surprises

Well the Wild haven’t really been surprising at all, but yeah, CHI and FLA have been much better than expected.
28 févr. 2021 à 22 h 45
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514

ANA
ARI
BUF
CBJ
DET
NSH
NJD
NYR
OTT
SJS
VAN

Sabres, NSH, CBJ are only 3 I can see breaking in to the playpffs
1 mars 2021 à 2 h 45
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN

Too early to call anything, especially in the west division. LA and MIN are so flukey to be where they are
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 9 h 4
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173

Columbus, yes, Nashville, maybe, Buffalo, no.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 9 h 5
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Quoting: Saskleaf

With the talent on Buffalo... you never know
Saskleaf et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 9 h 13
Quoting: TheFlamingC
With the talent on Buffalo... you never know

They are in a group of death, they won’t make it with who they have compared to other teams
1 mars 2021 à 9 h 14
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: Saskleaf

Yeah, Buffalo ain’t doing anything until Soccer guru Ralph Krueger is fired
Saskleaf, MitchMarner_16, BigDaddyOvech and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 9 h 20
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: AndrewLadd

They could hire babcock, *wink wink* *smirk*
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 9 h 28
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Quoting: MitchMarner_16

*Everyone on the team suddenly turns on Eichel*
AndrewLadd et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 9 h 32
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
*Everyone on the team suddenly turns on Eichel*

If babs was hired he'd play eichel 16mins a night and put eric staal on when the sabres are down a goal late in the game
1 mars 2021 à 10 h 18
Former Hockey Fan

Maybe Buffalo if they were in another division. I’d have a hard time believing they’d pass two of the top 5 teams in the east. And I guess Chicago could fall back down to earth, but it would be crazy to see NSH/CBJ ahead of Dallas.
A_Habs_fan et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 10 h 31
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: AndrewLadd

I’m shocked no one has hired Gallant. I wish the sharks did; I wish half the league did. I truly don’t know why he’s been jobless so long.

He’s quite literally what Buffalo needs; a kick in the ass from Gallant.
1 mars 2021 à 10 h 36
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: yikes
I’m shocked no one has hired Gallant. I wish the sharks did; I wish half the league did. I truly don’t know why he’s been jobless so long.

He’s quite literally what Buffalo needs; a kick in the ass from Gallant.

Well since Gallant has been hired, only 2 external coaches have been hired (Laviolette and Ruff). Otherwise it’s just interim head coaches being good enough to keep the job. I think he (and maybe the teams) are waiting for the right fit.
1 mars 2021 à 10 h 49
EklundCelebriniSmith
Well since Gallant has been hired, only 2 external coaches have been hired (Laviolette and Ruff). Otherwise it’s just interim head coaches being good enough to keep the job. I think he (and maybe the teams) are waiting for the right fit.

But that’s the mind boggling thing - just good enough isn’t the best obviously and it’s not how to win games/ playoffs. A multitude of teams should have Gallant behind the bench and Buffalo SPECIFICALLY should have him IMO. I think he’d be perfect. He’s bringing not only a new culture/ look but he’s bringing a winning mentality. He won’t settle for less as his last team is/ was a cup contender and I’d assume like most of he’d see the potential in Buffalo and know they need to make it work because they got some pieces and they could win games if they were handled correctly.
1 mars 2021 à 10 h 54
Save Ukrane, end war
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 783
Quoting: MitchMarner_16

Babs just got hire to coach the University of Sask Huskies, no way he'd want to give that up to coach Eichel.
1 mars 2021 à 11 h 4
But that’s the mind boggling thing - just good enough isn’t the best obviously and it’s not how to win games/ playoffs. A multitude of teams should have Gallant behind the bench and Buffalo SPECIFICALLY should have him IMO. I think he’d be perfect. He’s bringing not only a new culture/ look but he’s bringing a winning mentality. He won’t settle for less as his last team is/ was a cup contender and I’d assume like most of he’d see the potential in Buffalo and know they need to make it work because they got some pieces and they could win games if they were handled correctly.

I think Gallant goes to Seattle to try to replicate the Vegas start
1 mars 2021 à 11 h 19
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I think Gallant goes to Seattle to try to replicate the Vegas start

While true I personally hope (for Seattle’s sake) to focus on future rather than present. Put together a decent team, help a few teams with covid cap, draft high in 2021, draft high again in 2022 hopefully with a couple extra picks. I think that’ll provide them with a stacked future. Grab a elite level D in 2021 and maybe a few prospects from expansion help, then grab near franchise (expectations) player in Wright, Lambert, Savoie. I think that’s the best route personally imo. Vegas was a slightly lucky and single scenario we likely won’t see again.
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 mars 2021 à 11 h 31
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
While true I personally hope (for Seattle’s sake) to focus on future rather than present. Put together a decent team, help a few teams with covid cap, draft high in 2021, draft high again in 2022 hopefully with a couple extra picks. I think that’ll provide them with a stacked future. Grab a elite level D in 2021 and maybe a few prospects from expansion help, then grab near franchise (expectations) player in Wright, Lambert, Savoie. I think that’s the best route personally imo. Vegas was a slightly lucky and single scenario we likely won’t see again.

I think you might, i mean some teams were borderline dumb with who they exposed or gave up to protect someone else. Panthers, ducks, etc. But i think there will be some names available in the expansion draft that will shock you, or players traded to protect other players etc.
1 mars 2021 à 11 h 38
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: hanson493
I think you might, i mean some teams were borderline dumb with who they exposed or gave up to protect someone else. Panthers, ducks, etc. But i think there will be some names available in the expansion draft that will shock you, or players traded to protect other players etc.

The panthers gave up two potential top6 forward who clearly became that. The ducks left the better guy open and he’s become an elite guy. The jackets chose to leave Karlsson who ended up becoming a stellar top 6 guy. They also grabbed tuch. They followed that up with fleury. Adding on top of that they have the Vegas draw and the tax draw. They were able to trade for Stone and extend, get lehner and extend. Get Patches and extend. Sign AP. Keep anyone they’ve basically wanted.

I mean the list goes on; anything Vegas has wanted they’ve gotten because they’re Vegas. Tax benefits and beautiful weather adding to you get to live in really nice areas (outside of downtown Vegas) and also be able to go to the Vegas strip/ experience.

I doubt Seattle will ever get as lucky as Vegas, nor do they have nearly the same appeal. I’m not trashing Seattle but that’s life. Vegas is arguably the most appealing location in the NHL on paper and geographically for most people. On paper you get that tax, then you got a good team and management. Then you got the location and area.
1 mars 2021 à 11 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
The panthers gave up two potential top6 forward who clearly became that. The ducks left the better guy open and he’s become an elite guy. The jackets chose to leave Karlsson who ended up becoming a stellar top 6 guy. They also grabbed tuch. They followed that up with fleury. Adding on top of that they have the Vegas draw and the tax draw. They were able to trade for Stone and extend, get lehner and extend. Get Patches and extend. Sign AP. Keep anyone they’ve basically wanted.

I mean the list goes on; anything Vegas has wanted they’ve gotten because they’re Vegas. Tax benefits and beautiful weather adding to you get to live in really nice areas (outside of downtown Vegas) and also be able to go to the Vegas strip/ experience.

I doubt Seattle will ever get as lucky as Vegas, nor do they have nearly the same appeal. I’m not trashing Seattle but that’s life. Vegas is arguably the most appealing location in the NHL on paper and geographically for most people. On paper you get that tax, then you got a good team and management. Then you got the location and area.

Is nevada really an attractive state? I mean vegas has its perks but i wouldnt want to live there, im not sure many families would want to live there either. That being said. guys will still be available and teams will be looking to move bad contracts and every team will pay a premium to do so.

Now will they get nearly as good of a team right away. very unlikely. I think they will have a nice balance of good enough to be decent now but also building toward the future.
1 mars 2021 à 11 h 56
Former Hockey Fan

Well Krueger’s only been there for a season and a bit, so you can’t really blame them for not firing him yet. Plus they’ve only been playing extremely poorly for the last 2 weeks after they got back from dealing with COVID.
1 mars 2021 à 12 h 15
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
Quoting: hanson493
Is nevada really an attractive state? I mean vegas has its perks but i wouldnt want to live there, im not sure many families would want to live there either. That being said. guys will still be available and teams will be looking to move bad contracts and every team will pay a premium to do so.

Now will they get nearly as good of a team right away. very unlikely. I think they will have a nice balance of good enough to be decent now but also building toward the future.

I think Nevada's greatest appeal is that it's close to California without having to pay California taxes. Same reason why a lot of affluent people make their homes in Florida.

If you're 28 and making millions of dollars, being close to Las Vegas is as perfect as it gets.
yikes, AndrewLadd, BigDaddyOvech and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage