SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 3)

27 févr. 2021 à 19 h 12
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Chucky as in Alex Galchenyuk ?

Yes
27 févr. 2021 à 19 h 51
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
Willy Nylander be like
https://images.app.goo.gl/tcg389aZYov7hbGTA
to steve simmonds
27 févr. 2021 à 19 h 53
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Justin Holl gets no penalty after sucker punching Ennis. If the NHL goes based on the precedent they’ve sent, it should be a fine or suspension, but considering how inconsistent they’ve been it’ll probably be nothing.
A_Habs_fan et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2021 à 20 h 31
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Dallas Stars

Oh for f*ck's sake.

Half of the game against TB played and we're trailing 4-0. I'm done with the sh*tshow.

I can't even see what's the big problem here. They haven't played particularly bad, but somehow this team just looks so anemic.

Maybe a coach change is in order. Something to lift up this team's morale. They can't succeed in anything right now.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2021 à 20 h 42
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Toronto's been looking fine without Matthews, but there's a still a period and a bit to go and McDavid's gonna be pissed off the longer the Oilers go without being on the board.
27 févr. 2021 à 20 h 51
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
😐
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2021 à 21 h 39
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Toronto Maple Leafs

First shutout! Oilers didn't look great but I'm glad the team stepped up without having Matthews.
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2021 à 21 h 39
Bo Horvat enjoyer
All of Kris Letang’s goals this year r against us wtf
27 févr. 2021 à 21 h 40
Jinx god
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Dallas Stars
neutral
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2021 à 21 h 42
Isles7
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,299
Quoting: AndrewLadd
All of Kris Letang’s goals this year r against us wtf

Isles have outplayed the pens every game this season and still lose lol
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2021 à 21 h 43
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Isles777
Isles have outplayed the pens every game this season and still lose lol

We’ve let in the softest goals against the pens this year it’s crazy
27 févr. 2021 à 21 h 45
Isles7
We’ve let in the softest goals against the pens this year it’s crazy

I dont care if the refs don’t call anything as long as it’s for both teams. I feel like it was one sided tonight. Weak boarding calls on barzal and wahlstrom.
27 févr. 2021 à 21 h 47
Bo Horvat enjoyer
I dont care if the refs don’t call anything as long as it’s for both teams. I feel like it was one sided tonight. Weak boarding calls on barzal and wahlstrom.

Isles don’t wear black and white but the pens do 🤷‍♂️
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2021 à 22 h 6
Isles7
Isles don’t wear black and white but the pens do 🤷‍♂️

Oh well...at least wahlstrom was impressive. 3 game pt streak.
27 févr. 2021 à 22 h 8
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Oh well...at least wahlstrom was impressive. 3 game pt streak.

He’s so good I’m glad he earned Trotz’s trust
Isles777 a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2021 à 0 h 55
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Dubnyk 7GA And he's still between the pipes! Although, if Jones went in it could be even worse.
28 févr. 2021 à 6 h 29
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
NHL to Sharks and Blues: so how many goals do you want
Sharks and Blues: Yes

Man that was a high scoring game and after Binnington was pulled he punched 3 sharks players before going off the ice 😂
MitchMarner_16 et yikes a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2021 à 8 h 15
@yikes How do you feel about the Sharks game last night ?
yikes a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2021 à 9 h 1
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152
Toronto Maple Leafs
Excellent game by the leafs. Not only did they shut out Edmonton, but they did it without Auston Matthews. Good to know if Matthews or someone else is out this team is capable of playing without them. Very reassuring.
28 févr. 2021 à 12 h 2
EklundCelebriniSmith
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Modifié 28 févr. 2021 à 12 h 14
yikes How do you feel about the Sharks game last night ?

Unfortunately I did not catch the game live haha - but kept up with it and what not. I think while the sharks did a lot right they gave away a win. A good team will win that game and while the Blues won they weren’t really the team that won/ lost that game. The sharks handed them multiple goals basically and while showing they coulda won the game they never really took a strangle hold of the game and instead just gave away the win. So they lost to a better team who they played better then actually and still lost due to their own faults.

Also the Binner thing was kinda funny. Personally doesn’t upset me so I just laughed at it.

But the Sharks continue to be there own enemy even when they get some good performances ( @RawZuccSauce420 @papishark @klara ) may have better opinions/ more in depth if that matters but I just think it continues to show the sharks don’t know how to lockdown games like good teams should. Even with good showings.

Since I didn’t catch the game @ my @‘s did Karlsson first game back look good?

At least the Sharks got a record??? Lol😬
Last nights Sharks vs Blues game tied the regular season history record for most game tying goals exchanged in a game.
FunMustBeAlways a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2021 à 12 h 11
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,847
Quoting: justaBoss
Dallas Stars

Oh for f*ck's sake.

Half of the game against TB played and we're trailing 4-0. I'm done with the sh*tshow.

I can't even see what's the big problem here. They haven't played particularly bad, but somehow this team just looks so anemic.

Maybe a coach change is in order. Something to lift up this team's morale. They can't succeed in anything right now.

They need reps. You can tell they haven't played consistently. They didn't do too much wrong it's just, the second something happened that you can't replicate at practice it ended up in the net.
justaBoss a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2021 à 12 h 49
Alex Stalock and Brett Connolly are on waivers, any team needing a goalie picks up Stalock, Connolly clears because that contract
28 févr. 2021 à 13 h 19
Bad Take Bot v1.02
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,879
yikes How do you feel about the Sharks game last night ?

Quoting: yikes
Unfortunately I did not catch the game live haha - but kept up with it and what not. I think while the sharks did a lot right they gave away a win. A good team will win that game and while the Blues won they weren’t really the team that won/ lost that game. The sharks handed them multiple goals basically and while showing they coulda won the game they never really took a strangle hold of the game and instead just gave away the win. So they lost to a better team who they played better then actually and still lost due to their own faults.

Also the Binner thing was kinda funny. Personally doesn’t upset me so I just laughed at it.

But the Sharks continue to be there own enemy even when they get some good performances ( RawZuccSauce420 papishark klara ) may have better opinions/ more in depth if that matters but I just think it continues to show the sharks don’t know how to lockdown games like good teams should. Even with good showings.

Since I didn’t catch the game my ‘s did Karlsson first game back look good?

Last nights Sharks vs Blues game tied the regular season history record for most game tying goals exchanged in a game.

The offense was absolutely fantastic, which has been the sharks biggest issue, but there were so many defensive breakdowns (especially on the rush) that left easy goals available. It's hard to say if any particular player was bad, even Dubnyk, there were just individual defensive mistakes:

Goal 1: Balcers tries to backhand it to Meier for a breakout, but misses giving Scandela a slap shot through traffic.
Goal 2: Labanc tries to pass for a breakout, blocked by O'Rielly, Dunn has the puck at the point, Vlasic misses his assignment on Blais in the front of the net, leaving an easy goal for him.
Goal 3: Perron across to Schenn for a one timer from far out, Dubnyk has to have that.
Goal 4: Sanford beats Gambrell down low, drives to the net and somehow gets the puck above the pad, but below the arm. Not much Gambrell is going to be able to do against Sanford. No bad plays, just an unfortunate match-up.
Goal 5: Couture fails to get the puck up to the point leading to a 2 on 1, Burns dives too early, easy pass, easy goal.
Goal 6: Rebound and a million deflections later, O'Reilly right place, right time.
Goal 7: Karlsson commits to getting a puck he doesn't get, Both Chmelevski and Simek leave the front of the net, expecting Chmelevski to take his place (which was a bad move anyway), No one blocks the pass to the slot, easy goal.

Just every single defensive mistake cost them a goal, really only 2-3 goals you can expect Dubnyk to save. #1 thing I think that needs to change is something I've noticed a lot this season, they aren't guarding the net very much, its been way to easy for opposing forwards to find themselves open in front of the net, or drive to it with little resistance.

The offense was fantastic though, I'd say Meier and Labanc were the best, but Kane, Couture, and Balcers were noticeable too:
- Every time Meier was in the offense zone he was dominating puck battles, getting to good ice, and utilizing his best skill, shooting.
- Labanc was actually playing like Labanc, being where he needs to be ALWAYS, and feeding the puck to the front of the net.
- Even though Kane had two goals, they were kind of lucky, 1st goal is puck dropping to him in front of the net, 2nd was Binnington forgetting how to play Goalie.
- Couture is Couture... He is very consistent, not much to say.
- Balcers was showing skill, and didn't look out of place playing on the "2nd" line.
- Other than the one bad play on the 2 on 1, his kryptonite, Burns continues to play well, he's out there constantly, he is flying, and still working great as a blue line quarterback.
- Donato was good, but no finish, he had a large volume of shot attempts, but no real high danger opportunities.

As far as Karlsson, he himself looked good, he was skating really well, and making his way into the offensive zone, there just wasn't much he could do once he got into the zone, which is why he had so many shots because there was no one to pass to.

This loss was mostly because of how they were playing Defence, lax breakouts, no battling for control in front of the net, not something you want to see for a team whose heavy on offensive defencemen.
AndrewLadd, yikes, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2021 à 15 h 25
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,861
Quoting: yikes

But the Sharks continue to be there own enemy even when they get some good performances ( RawZuccSauce420 papishark klara ) may have better opinions/ more in depth if that matters but I just think it continues to show the sharks don’t know how to lockdown games like good teams should. Even with good showings.

Since I didn’t catch the game my ‘s did Karlsson first game back look good?

Pretty accurate. It’s just funny cause this team just can’t put it all together for the life of them. Offense firing on all cylinders? Defense craps itself and goaltending is horrid. Goaltending is amazing? Can’t score a goal. Never have a solid 60 minutes played by the entire team. But I feel slightly better knowing that I wasn’t wrong about Dubnyk being an awful solution to the goaltending issue. Tons of people were like “hE wIlL bOuNcE bAcK”. And as much as I would have loved to be wrong, the Dubnyk I expected was in net last night.

Karlsson looked good but what I think his issue is is that he’s a puck rushing defenseman. He’s best when he’s moving his feet through the neutral zone creating space. This team is not good off the rush - especially compared to a team like the Oilers. Hard for Karlsson to utilize that skill with a bunch of guys standing still who immediately turn it over once they get a pass entering the zone lol. The way he plays in his own zone just pains me as well. He’s never the first to pucks on the walls and he always chickens out from getting hit cause he’s afraid to get hurt. Don’t get me wrong I understand that from his injury history, but it’s just really sad to watch because the puck turns over so much because he refuses to move his feet and maybe get hit once or twice. He looked good otherwise though.
yikes a aimé ceci.
28 févr. 2021 à 15 h 31
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Pavel Zacha now owns the longest active scoring streak in the NHL spanning 10 games. And given the Devils 2 week pandemic pause, Zacha has gone exactly 1 month since not scoring at least 1 point in a game. Finally, the 2015 #6 overall pick is breaking out.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage