Forums/Armchair-GM

Three Trade Options for the Top 6

Créé par: Eberles_Backcheck
Équipe: 2021-22 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 22 févr. 2021
Publié: 22 févr. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
From most to least likely based on the teams willingness to move the player, and cost.

Looked for players who fit the roster based on age, cap hit and term. These are the top 3 I came up with.
Transactions
OTT
  1. Jones, Caleb
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
NSH
  1. Lavoie, Raphael
  2. Samorukov, Dmitri
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
  4. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Dvorak, Christian
  2. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (ARI)
ARI
  1. Bear, Ethan
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ARI
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de PIT
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1481 500 000 $54 232 672 $669 339 $850 000 $27 267 328 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
3 600 000 $3 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
UFA - 5
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
1 175 000 $1 175 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
C
UFA - 4
Logo de Predators de Nashville
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 600 000 $5 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 24
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,981
Sens definitely decline
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 25
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 223
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
Sens definitely decline

So what is Brown worth then?
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 31
Quoting: Eberles_Backcheck
So what is Brown worth then?

I'd be asking for a 1st. He's a really versatile player on a really fair contract. The team clearly values him very highly, they probably wouldn't part with him for cheap.
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 33
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 48
Hard pass on Bear for Dvorak. That's a tragic return for a promising, young, puck mover who can defend, and is under team control on a value contract.
Bringer_Of_Snow et CD282 a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 34
Pistol Pete
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,479
I think the Dvorak trade is the most useful to edmonton. I like brown but he doesn't fit unless you dump Kassian. The Ardvidson trade is an absolute nonstarter too much to give and too much term on his contract. They are in need of a left shot LW that can play top line or a 3C not all these right shots that people want to play on the left.
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 34
Pistol Pete
Quoting: BornInAGretzkyJersey
Hard pass on Bear for Dvorak. That's a tragic return for a promising, young, puck mover who can defend, and is under team control on a value contract.

bear is more expendable than you think.
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 36
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 48
Quoting: Zmach

Blasphemy!
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 38
Bringer_Of_Snow
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 670
Not at all interested in Brown. IMO he's not a legit top 6 guy. He's a career 30 pt guy. People always bring up him playing with McDavid in junior, but that doesn't really matter. Not interested.

I like the idea of Arvidsson. Lavoie is one of our better forward prospects, Samorukov is one of the of our better d prospects, and the 2nd round is a decent pick. I would prefer only giving one of those 2 prospects, but Arvidsson also has a great contract so that might be the price you have to pay. I think there is certainly potential in the Arvidsson deal.

Not really interested in that Coyotes deal. Dvorak is decent and if he can be show more offence he would be worth his deal. But Bear is a valuable piece to our team. He had a slow start to this season then he got injured, but he has a high chance of being a top 4 man, like how he looked last season. With that package (cheap top 4 dman and a 1st), I'd want something more established in return.

Im only a fan of the Nashville deal.
Eberles_Backcheck et mk458 a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 38
Pistol Pete
Quoting: BornInAGretzkyJersey
Blasphemy!

I fully expect both Barrie and Larsson to be resigned and Bear to be traded for something useful or a high draft pick.
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 42
Bringer_Of_Snow
I think the Dvorak trade is the most useful to edmonton. I like brown but he doesn't fit unless you dump Kassian. The Ardvidson trade is an absolute nonstarter too much to give and too much term on his contract. They are in need of a left shot LW that can play top line or a 3C not all these right shots that people want to play on the left.

Arvidssons term is one of the best parts of the deal. He's a legitimate 30 goal scorer signed cheap long term. He's slightly cheaper than Dvorak and is much more established. I agree that two top prospects and a 2nd is a steep price, and ideally that price can be reduced a little, but I think Arvidsson would be a nasty fit playing with one of 29 or 97.
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 46
Bringer_Of_Snow
I fully expect both Barrie and Larsson to be resigned and Bear to be traded for something useful or a high draft pick.

IDK. I think lots of Oiler fans share that opinion, but theres a strong recency bias. Barrie is playing real nice right now, and Bear has been injured the majority of the season. Once Bear is healthy and returns, I think we will all remember how valuable his puck moving ability is.
I would be interested in resigning Barrie, but I am a little concerned about the what he will want. He took this deal to pump up his stats and sign one more big ticket.
Bouchard is obviously here to stay. So although I would prefer to keep Bear with the team, if Barrie and Larsson are resigned, there really isn't room for another righty on top of Bouchard
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 50
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I'd be asking for a 1st. He's a really versatile player on a really fair contract. The team clearly values him very highly, they probably wouldn't part with him for cheap.

I think I'd be happy with Jones and a 2nd for Brown. Yes he's versatile but he likely won't be around past this contract. Jones becomes the Sens #2 LD today and could be a solid #3 LD down the road behind Sanderson and Chabot.
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 51
Pistol Pete
Quoting: Bringer_Of_Snow
Arvidssons term is one of the best parts of the deal. He's a legitimate 30 goal scorer signed cheap long term. He's slightly cheaper than Dvorak and is much more established. I agree that two top prospects and a 2nd is a steep price, and ideally that price can be reduced a little, but I think Arvidsson would be a nasty fit playing with one of 29 or 97.

He vastly underperformed last year and this year so far. I'd be worried he's the next Kyle Turris. Ardvidson is also a right shot and with tippett's system he tries to stick to left shot on left and right shot on right. You don't want to be moving existing players that are on the right they are just fine it's the 1LW that needs a guy.
BornInAGretzkyJersey a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2021 à 13 h 58
Pistol Pete
IDK. I think lots of Oiler fans share that opinion, but theres a strong recency bias. Barrie is playing real nice right now, and Bear has been injured the majority of the season. Once Bear is healthy and returns, I think we will all remember how valuable his puck moving ability is.
I would be interested in resigning Barrie, but I am a little concerned about the what he will want. He took this deal to pump up his stats and sign one more big ticket.
Bouchard is obviously here to stay. So although I would prefer to keep Bear with the team, if Barrie and Larsson are resigned, there really isn't room for another righty on top of Bouchard

The biggest thing with Barrie is he can skate the puck up the ice where as Bear can't. If he could I would say no brainer bear. It's looking like Lagesson and Klefbom are the possibilities for 2LD so it would be nice to have someone who can skate in the 1-2RD. They will keep bear if they can't resign Barrie.
22 févr. 2021 à 14 h 2
Quoting: bf_hockey8
I think I'd be happy with Jones and a 2nd for Brown. Yes he's versatile but he likely won't be around past this contract. Jones becomes the Sens #2 LD today and could be a solid #3 LD down the road behind Sanderson and Chabot.

Jones isn't better than Brannstrom, in my opinion, and I don't really see him as more than a bottom pair guy. I don't think he'd be all that appealing for Ottawa given their depth at LD.
22 févr. 2021 à 14 h 31
Démarrer sujet
He vastly underperformed last year and this year so far. I'd be worried he's the next Kyle Turris. Ardvidson is also a right shot and with tippett's system he tries to stick to left shot on left and right shot on right. You don't want to be moving existing players that are on the right they are just fine it's the 1LW that needs a guy.

Just to respond to all the points you guys made....
The point I was making with these trades was to bring in a player WITH term on decent cap hits. I honestly think thats the better option than overpaying for a forward in UFA. They need one more guy up in that top 6, and Holloway is coming, but he's probably still 2 years away from making a huge impact. Arvidsson is still in his prime and will be until the end of his contract. He's 27, Turris is 31 so i wouldnt compare the two. And to the lefty righty thing.. I don't think it matters all that much. With passers like Leon and McDavid, if anything being on the off wing opens up a lot of one-time opportunities. So i wouldn't rule out an option to acquire a player solely based on the way they shoot. By all accounts and from what I've heard from asking around is that Arvidsson is playing well and has been one of their most consistent players. He's probably the option I'd like the most.

Regarding Bear, I'm not saying I'd be openly trying to move him, but if they want to re-sign Barrie, they have him, Bouchard and could likely sign Larsson to a 2-3 yr deal at around 2.5. Bear would have solid value in a deal, and they aren't trading Bouchard.. so I guess what I'm saying is if they decide to move one of the young blue, Bear would fetch the most in a deal. I'm all for keeping him however.
Bringer_Of_Snow a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2021 à 14 h 35
Pistol Pete
Just to respond to all the points you guys made....
The point I was making with these trades was to bring in a player WITH term on decent cap hits. I honestly think thats the better option than overpaying for a forward in UFA. They need one more guy up in that top 6, and Holloway is coming, but he's probably still 2 years away from making a huge impact. Arvidsson is still in his prime and will be until the end of his contract. He's 27, Turris is 31 so i wouldnt compare the two. And to the lefty righty thing.. I don't think it matters all that much. With passers like Leon and McDavid, if anything being on the off wing opens up a lot of one-time opportunities. So i wouldn't rule out an option to acquire a player solely based on the way they shoot. By all accounts and from what I've heard from asking around is that Arvidsson is playing well and has been one of their most consistent players. He's probably the option I'd like the most.

Regarding Bear, I'm not saying I'd be openly trying to move him, but if they wasnt to re-sign Barrie, they have him, Bouchard and could likely sign Larsson to a 2-3 yr deal at around 2.5. Bear would have solid value in a deal, and they aren't trading Bouchard.. so I guess what I'm saying is if they decide to move one of the young blue, Bear would fetch the most in a deal. I'm all for keeping him however.

There is something goofy with ardvidson, his shooting percentage and goals are way down the last couple of years.
22 févr. 2021 à 14 h 43
Démarrer sujet
There is something goofy with ardvidson, his shooting percentage and goals are way down the last couple of years.

After his 18-19 season (he scored at a 48 goal pace), he dropped down to 15 in 57 games. Still a 21 goal pace. I think you put him on the wing with 29 or 97 and you can expect 25-30 consistently for the guy.

Im also hesitant to take this season as a measure of productivity. Its a weird year and I'd be willing to give a 3 time 30 goal scorer the benefit on the doubt.
22 févr. 2021 à 15 h 3
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 385

Like Anthony Mantha? LW. Left shot. Decent term. Decent cap hit.
BornInAGretzkyJersey a aimé ceci.
22 févr. 2021 à 15 h 12
Pistol Pete
Quoting: SweetRevenge19

Mantha would be perfect yes.
22 févr. 2021 à 15 h 43
Démarrer sujet

I like Mantha, just don't think Detroit would move him. Would take an overpayment imo.
22 févr. 2021 à 16 h 55
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 385

I like Mantha, just don't think Detroit would move him. Would take an overpayment imo.

I do think Detroit would move him in a deal for the right futures. It probably would take a top prospect and a pick. Like Holloway plus a 2nd/3rd. Mantha next to McDavid would be lethal.
22 févr. 2021 à 16 h 58
Démarrer sujet
I do think Detroit would move him in a deal for the right futures. It probably would take a top prospect and a pick. Like Holloway plus a 2nd/3rd. Mantha next to McDavid would be lethal.

I really think Holloway is the piece the Oilers are least likely to move. Aside from Bouchard I guess. He's everything the team needs, big, fast, feisty, winger with skill who can crash and bang. Oilers aren't trading him, even for Mantha.
22 févr. 2021 à 17 h 0
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,726

Expendability isn't the point AT ALL. You don't trade a $100 for two $10's just because you have another $100 in your pocket. That's just stupid, but what I'd expect from a guy who obviously idolizes Chiarelli.
22 févr. 2021 à 17 h 14
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,726
Not at all interested in Brown. IMO he's not a legit top 6 guy. He's a career 30 pt guy. People always bring up him playing with McDavid in junior, but that doesn't really matter. Not interested.

I like the idea of Arvidsson. Lavoie is one of our better forward prospects, Samorukov is one of the of our better d prospects, and the 2nd round is a decent pick. I would prefer only giving one of those 2 prospects, but Arvidsson also has a great contract so that might be the price you have to pay. I think there is certainly potential in the Arvidsson deal.

Not really interested in that Coyotes deal. Dvorak is decent and if he can be show more offence he would be worth his deal. But Bear is a valuable piece to our team. He had a slow start to this season then he got injured, but he has a high chance of being a top 4 man, like how he looked last season. With that package (cheap top 4 dman and a 1st), I'd want something more established in return.

Im only a fan of the Nashville deal.

Even if the Nashville deal wasn't an overpay (it is), its largely pointless, as the Oilers have Puljujarvi and Yamamoto establishing themselves as top-6 RWers and Arvidsson hasn't been good this season or last.

The Coyotes trade is an INSANE overpay. Dvorak isn't worth either of those pieces, let alone both.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage