SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Trading Stamkos and Bishop for assets! What does everyone think?

Créé par: Caphead
Équipe: 2016-17 Lightning de Tampa Bay
Date de création initiale: 14 déc. 2016
Publié: 14 déc. 2016
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
*Before you comment something dumb, please read the trade description!*
Transactions
TBL
  1. Desharnais, David
  2. Galchenyuk, Alex
  3. Sergachev, Mikhail
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2017 (MTL)
  5. Choix de 2e ronde en 2018 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
Montreal gives up a future 1/2C, a potential franchise/#1 D, and two 2nds.

I really don't want to include Desharnais because it messes up the value but he has one year left and the only way it would work is if he was included. IDK what Tampa does with him. Waive him if they can, if not then play him at 4C.
MTL
  1. Stamkos, Steven
Détails additionnels:
Tampa gives up a franchise C. Montreal then has a franchise C/D/G.
TBL
  1. Laughton, Scott
  2. Neuvirth, Michal
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2017 (PHI)
PHI
  1. Bishop, Ben (2 900 000 $ retained)
TBL
  1. Stone, Michael
Détails additionnels:
Arizona gets two young Russians, while giving up a good D that will probably leave them in FA anyways. Everyone in this trade has one-year left, that is why the value might be off.
ARI
  1. Namestnikov, Vladislav
  2. Nesterov, Nikita
Détails additionnels:
This is a side trade. The lightning have way too many LW's and they have good players sitting out. They need a good offensive D. Plus Vlad hasn't really grown into what he was supposed to be, but granted he's still very very young.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de MTL
Logo de PHI
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
Logo de TBL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2273 000 000 $66 968 335 $314 168 $3 757 500 $6 031 665 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 300 000 $$2M)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
4 766 667 $4 766 667 $
AD
UFA - 3
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
4 450 000 $4 450 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
686 667 $686 667 $ (Bonis de performance257 500 $$258K)
C, AD
UFA - 3
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
812 500 $812 500 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 4
2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 3
4 600 000 $4 600 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
G
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
3 700 000 $3 700 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 3
1 625 000 $1 625 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 déc. 2016 à 21 h 35
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,654
I think NMCs mean a lot, and SteveY doesn't even ask his players to waive them.
14 déc. 2016 à 21 h 44
Mactad
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8
As a philly fan Ill take that trade all day long
14 déc. 2016 à 21 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: déc. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4
Quoting: mcivitella
As a philly fan Ill take that trade all day long
Of course you will. But I can bet you when Stevie trades Bishop, it won't be for much considering he's a UFA and he's got 5m in him. Tampa takes a backup and a prospect/rookie and a pick.
14 déc. 2016 à 22 h 26
Hardcore Sabres fan
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,222
No way the Canadiens would trade Galchenyuk straight up for Stamkos, I know I wouldn't, and that's coming from a Sabres fan so I'm not biased in any way, I honestly think Galchenyuk is better than Stamkos is now or pretty darn close, and when you consider the $$$, I think Montreal would have to turn down a one for one Stamkos for Galchenyuk who is a point per game player, who will score 30 goals minimum and on a good year will score 40-50
14 déc. 2016 à 22 h 40
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,715
Stamkos is the man but his injury history will keep anyone away from over paying for him. If he never broke his leg and had the blood clot and whatever it is now he has, I'd be tempted but ever since his first major injury his overall effectiveness has fallen. I don't think he'll ever be the 50/60 goal guy he was before............. and that is the player I would want in return for all that mentioned above.
14 déc. 2016 à 22 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: F50marco
Stamkos is the man but his injury history will keep anyone away from over paying for him. If he never broke his leg and had the blood clot and whatever it is now he has, I'd be tempted but ever since his first major injury his overall effectiveness has fallen. I don't think he'll ever be the 50/60 goal guy he was before............. and that is the player I would want in return for all that mentioned above.
Yes you are completely right on the fact that teams wouldn't maybe want to overpay considering they don't know what their getting into (injury-wise). But Stammer isn't just a goal scorer, he's a full 200-foot guy now. He's developed his whole game after the injury. Which might be a blessing in disguise because teams (I think) would rather have a franchise two-way C than a franchise goal scoring C.
14 déc. 2016 à 23 h 0
Quoting: Caphead
Yes you are completely right on the fact that teams wouldn't maybe want to overpay considering they don't know what their getting into (injury-wise). But Stammer isn't just a goal scorer, he's a full 200-foot guy now. He's developed his whole game after the injury. Which might be a blessing in disguise because teams (I think) would rather have a franchise two-way C than a franchise goal scoring C.

I've got to see Stammer a lot lately with the playoff meetings between MTL and TBL and just from being in the same division and he still is a solid player, no doubt. Even with the added 2 way game though, we're losing a guy who will be producing pretty close to the same clip Stamkos will for the foreseeable future and he won't cost 9M for the next 8 years either. DD and the picks I could care less about obviously but where i start getting hesitant is Sergachev. I was a little disappointed the Habs took this kid with the 9th pick because I didn't really know enough about him but after seeing play and reading up about him, he reminds me a lot of another TB player. Victor Hedman. All the tools in the tool belt to be a top pairing guy and can play either side on defence to boot. With Galchenyuk looking like a potential pt/game calibre player and Sergachev a top quality dman a la Hedman, I honestly think the only player I'd be willing to trade those 2 for would be McDavid. Even if I'd be insane to pass up Stamkos, I'd rather take my chances with those two kids and live and die by both of them. Its a gamble either way but I'm too emotionally attached to those two see them both go in the same trade even for a player of Stamkos's magnitude.
14 déc. 2016 à 23 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Banni

I've got to see Stammer a lot lately with the playoff meetings between MTL and TBL and just from being in the same division and he still is a solid player, no doubt. Even with the added 2 way game though, we're losing a guy who will be producing pretty close to the same clip Stamkos will for the foreseeable future and he won't cost 9M for the next 8 years either. DD and the picks I could care less about obviously but where i start getting hesitant is Sergachev. I was a little disappointed the Habs took this kid with the 9th pick because I didn't really know enough about him but after seeing play and reading up about him, he reminds me a lot of another TB player. Victor Hedman. All the tools in the tool belt to be a top pairing guy and can play either side on defence to boot. With Galchenyuk looking like a potential pt/game calibre player and Sergachev a top quality dman a la Hedman, I honestly think the only player I'd be willing to trade those 2 for would be McDavid. Even if I'd be insane to pass up Stamkos, I'd rather take my chances with those two kids and live and die by both of them. Its a gamble either way but I'm too emotionally attached to those two see them both go in the same trade even for a player of Stamkos's magnitude.

What you said is right. But you said it yourself that you are too emotionally attached to them which is bad (I think you know why). The thing is that Chucky is going to be real good, lets get that out of the way here, but he's still young and Sergachev is very young. Price is what like 28/29? He's in his prime as we speak. Weber is 31? He''ll be getting out of his prime soon. This is the time to gogogogo. Stamkos is in his prime. I get your point in saying that Chucky might be as good as Stammer when he's the same age (which I'm not arguing on that because he might be, who knows) but you can't pass up on Stamkos if he's available (I know this is hypothetical but you get my point). Sergachev is only really going to make a big impact in like what 4-5 years. So yeah they give up their future (somewhat) but now's the time to cash in and you have to recognize that.
15 déc. 2016 à 0 h 14

What you said is right. But you said it yourself that you are too emotionally attached to them which is bad (I think you know why). The thing is that Chucky is going to be real good, lets get that out of the way here, but he's still young and Sergachev is very young. Price is what like 28/29? He's in his prime as we speak. Weber is 31? He''ll be getting out of his prime soon. This is the time to gogogogo. Stamkos is in his prime. I get your point in saying that Chucky might be as good as Stammer when he's the same age (which I'm not arguing on that because he might be, who knows) but you can't pass up on Stamkos if he's available (I know this is hypothetical but you get my point). Sergachev is only really going to make a big impact in like what 4-5 years. So yeah they give up their future (somewhat) but now's the time to cash in and you have to recognize that.

All fair points.

As for the "Now's the time to go for it" slogan that keeps being thrown about. Yeah sure, trade picks for rentals at the deadline. Trade prospects for right now roster players. But trade right now a really good player, prospect and picks? I just don't think Stammer is a big enough upgrade for it to be worth it. Like I said, if he were injury free these past couple years, I'd reconsider but his health is too much of risk at this point and making a big splash like this you better be sure you're getting 8 years of consistent hockey and not a player getting injured for months at a time. This trade has the potential to blow up in their face. Too much risk. Would rather play it safe.
15 déc. 2016 à 0 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Banni

All fair points.

As for the "Now's the time to go for it" slogan that keeps being thrown about. Yeah sure, trade picks for rentals at the deadline. Trade prospects for right now roster players. But trade right now a really good player, prospect and picks? I just don't think Stammer is a big enough upgrade for it to be worth it. Like I said, if he were injury free these past couple years, I'd reconsider but his health is too much of risk at this point and making a big splash like this you better be sure you're getting 8 years of consistent hockey and not a player getting injured for months at a time. This trade has the potential to blow up in their face. Too much risk. Would rather play it safe.
Would you have taken Crosby in the middle of his concussion streak for those type of assets?
15 déc. 2016 à 6 h 24
Shibbal18
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 9,013
Goalies are not a commodity, youre not going to get much back, the 2nd alone is over payment. MTL is not giving that much up for Stamkos, no one will.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage