SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Should the NHL Increase the Size of the net?

Increase size of net by 2" wider and 2" taller?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

21 févr. 2021 à 1 h 30
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,205
There has been on and off debate for awhile now about increasing the size of the net in the NHL as the goalies are much bigger in the NHL then decades earlier and it would open the game up more, create more scoring, and less jams in front of the net thus in theory increasing viewership. The NFL changed rules similarly to increase scoring, should the NHL do the same?
22 févr. 2021 à 4 h 55
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Honestly, I would rather see the NHL go to 4on4 permanently before they changed the nets. It would be like moving the pitcher's mound back 10 feet or moving the 3-point line 3 feet closer to increase offense. I think NHL hockey is amazing the way it is and they've already taken many steps over the years to increase scoring b/c, like you said, Goalies are bigger, stronger, and more athletic than they were at any point in league history. Imagine Ben Bishop in the 1950's. His GAA would be under 1.00 the way the game used to be played.
22 févr. 2021 à 11 h 28
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
i think theres multiple rule changes that could be made without increasing the net size that could result in more 5v5 hockey. Open up the defenses ability to actually play more yknow allow some of those big open ice hits get rid of charging, and stop calling some of the ticky tac stuff that happens for powerplays. The offsides rule change helped loads, so im pretty pumped about that being changed because a skate blade not being on the ice but above the blue line isnt such an advantage to take goals off the board.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage