Forums/Armchair-GM

Amazing What 16 Games Does to an Ego

Créé par: HatterTParty
Équipe: 2020-21 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 18 févr. 2021
Publié: 18 févr. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
After 3 years of being posers, I love how excelling in 14 of 16 games this year has managed to beef up a lot of hawks fans’ egos again. We’re back to being an unbearable fan base and it kinda pisses me off. So to any of my fellow hawks fans who choose to comment for any reason, be respectful and don’t antagonize. The same goes for fans of any other fan base, but I’m starting to really hate reading SOME hawk threads lately. Let’s all be respectful fans please.

Given the way the hawks are doing against SEVEN teams, not the league, there’s reason for pleasant, yet cautious optimism ahead. I still think there are plenty of moves yet to be made and in a full 82 game, 31 team season, the story would be totally different. At present though, one player that I would deem as trade bait at present has to be Boqvist. I like boqvist, I liked him when he was picked, but something is clearly off with his intelligence and awareness. The guy just doesn’t read and react the way mitchell or beaudin (how good has he been btw?!) have been able to. I’m not saying just up and trade him, but I’m wondering if their is a trade possible out there.
Transactions
CHI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (SJS)
SJS
  1. Nylander, Alexander
Détails additionnels:
Good bye......
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de SJS
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
Logo de CHI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $63 708 813 $1 090 244 $2 715 000 $17 791 187 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 3
3 700 000 $3 700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
842 500 $842 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG, C, AD
RFA - 2
562 500 $562 500 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AD
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
880 833 $880 833 $
AG
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 538 462 $5 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 3
800 000 $800 000 $
G
UFA - 2
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
G
UFA - 2
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG
UFA - 3
792 500 $792 500 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
DG
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA - 2
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C, AD
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
UFA - 2
880 833 $880 833 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD, C
RFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 37
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,582
Quoting: shmoeman
Canada is way deeper than the Central and Pacific has 3 really good teams. Central has 2 really good teams and a lot of meh after that, just my opinion tho

Fair enough. Both cup finalists are in the Central, CAR I'd put up against TOR in the playoffs any day. I hear ya. DET isn't anything special. OTT isn't either.
SociallyHawkward a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 851
Quoting: tkecanuck341
"You have a huge ego and are unbearable. Please be respectful and don't antagonize in your response."

squinty smile

😉 hey, whatever gets the message across
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Lenny7
Haha, I follow a funny goalie instagram account, and they just had one on there that said something along the lines of "When your 25 year old rookie goalie has more points than the next GOAT, Lafreniere" tears of joy

Exactly!!!!’
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 40
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,123
Quoting: Ryminister_27
Not gonna lie, Hawks fans have gotten way too overhyped this year for a team that's really not that good. They should look forward to sticking to the rebuild plan to make sure it's a contender for multiple years again, and not just make the playoffs this season to get swept out in the first round.

They're second in the division in terms of points, but really they're 4th. The e league has already said if they can't fit in all the games this season by May 8 then they're going by points percentage to determine playoff spots. Chicago has played 18 games which is tied for the most with Detroit & 4 of those have come against Detroit which should be an easy 8 points for any team. Despite all the talk, they're goal differential is still only +1 which is not good for a playoff team. The biggest overhype so far has been with Lankinen. Sure, he has spectacular stats so far this season. But it's only been 12 games which is a hot streak, not a telling of what he is. Of those 12 games, 3 of them have come against Detroit. That's 25% of his starts against one of the worst teams to play in history. Chill.

On the plus side, Kane's looked good and upped his play even more. Definitely in MVP consideration if Chicago can sneak into the playoffs. They're rookies have looked good and not overwhelmed, and have done so without Toews and Dach, major plus for the future.

Realistically, this team is likely to fall off once the league catches up in games played and all the hype talk will go away and the "oh well we won 3 cups half a decade ago" talk will come back from most Hawks fans. Which is a shame because there are good ones out there, but the arrogant ones usually get the headlines.

As for the trades, I wouldn't give up on Boqvist yet. He's young and d-man tend to take longer to develop properly anyways. He can be such a game changer with his skating and playmaking ability. The fact that he's a right handed d-man will explode his value when he takes off, so I'd wait on him. I've said it since he was drafted and I scouted him in London, he's the right handed version of Jake Gardiner. Love him when he's at his best, but when he's not he's very noticeable. But he'll be the guy to quarterback any power play in the league. Just be patient, which is the most important thing during a rebuild. Don't run your best young talent outta town before they get good or it'll be an even longer rebuild.

I dont necessarily think we will fall off this year because there are really only 2 top teams in our division right now (Florida and TB) so any regression will likely be masked by playing not great opponents, but I think next year if the schedule opens up again and we have to play teams like the Caps, Leafs, Habs, VGK, etc we will be exposed. The reason I think Hawks fans (myself included) have gotten overhyped this season is because its been a minute since we were able to care about hockey. The past two years have just been sad indifference, and now I get to care about games again and get upset when we lose and shout when we win. Most of us know at this point it would be dumb as hell to trade our 1st rounders or Reichel or some of our more ready prospects to get someone at the deadline, but if there is any year to root to sneak into the playoffs, its gonna be this one, because the draft this year is gonna be more of a crapshoot then normal.
Ryminister_27 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 40
exo2769
Quoting: HatterTParty
I still don’t believe the playoff experience is enough of an incentive yet until we actually round out our prospects at wing and center. A priority should still be at least one more sure fire 1C/top six LW or RW prospect. We don’t have the roster for the playoffs as it stands.

Which brings me to divisions. Central has been, to me, by far the worst. It’s not very close either. Pacific has 5 teams fighting for playoffs to the end, while the canadien division’s biggest disappointments by and large have been the Canucks and senators. I genuinely though ottawa would be a little better. But the central is just a mess. Dallas is showing they’re only a playoff team, Nashville is god awful, Detroit is.....Detroit, and what the hell is going on with Columbus?! Tampa and Florida (in Q we trust!) are both top class, even Florida was far from it last year, and Carolina is almost trying to make things harder on themselves. This division is doing all it can to GIVE Chicago a playoff spot.

I disagree on divisions. AZ is in the playoffs right now and it only has 3 teams that will even hope to contend. DAL and TBL made the finals last year. The Panthers and Hurricanes are good. Not saying they're playing their best hockey right now. CBJ is CBJ I'm not sure they'll ever dominate, but they always seem to contend.
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SlickWilly
I agree and disagree on Boqvist. Yes, Beaudin and Mitchell excelling makes him trade bait, especially if we decide to hold on to Murphy long term (which I think we should), but I disagree about his vision. His vision and awareness is phenomenal, the problem is his execution. He made a few flashy offensive plays last night, which show that he knows whats going on most of the time. The problem is, when he tries to make a nifty saucer pass and it doesnt get off the ice and goes right into the defenders stick. Thats his issue. He knows where players are in the defensive zone and knows what he needs to do, he just doesnt have the strength to do it. I think he will get there in another 2 years, and he shouldn't be in the NHL yet, but I dont think calling his intelligence is necessarily the correct analysis. I think if we can find a way to get a premium young forward for him, I make the move, but I dont trade him unless its a win because he still has plenty of upside.

Agree with your assessment overall. My rational with his intelligence is simply that never seems to find the easier way to do things and makes it harder on himself. It’ll take time but I just don’t want him to be another joker. Speaking of, remember how you said don’t trade unless it’s a win? I can only pray he truly doesn’t become another joker........
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 43
Lenny7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
Exactly!!!!’

I mean, I guess Lankinen has had 7 more years to develop his offensive game though, so there's that.
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: exo2769
I disagree on divisions. AZ is in the playoffs right now and it only has 3 teams that will even hope to contend. DAL and TBL made the finals last year. The Panthers and Hurricanes are good. Not saying they're playing their best hockey right now. CBJ is CBJ I'm not sure they'll ever dominate, but they always seem to contend.

I get it. At the beginning of the year, yea, I thought the pacific was probably weakest. At present though, I don’t see anyone as bad as the central.
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 44
exo2769
I get it. At the beginning of the year, yea, I thought the pacific was probably weakest. At present though, I don’t see anyone as bad as the central.

Do you think TOR has a real shot at winning the cup? They lack top tier talent IMO. They're just beating other meh teams. I think we can all agree the East is the hardest though.
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 45
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 930
Fair enough. Both cup finalists are in the Central, CAR I'd put up against TOR in the playoffs any day. I hear ya. DET isn't anything special. OTT isn't either.

yea i also think the Preds, Stars and Panthers (despite their hot start) arent that good. Carolina is unreal though
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 46
Agree with your assessment overall. My rational with his intelligence is simply that never seems to find the easier way to do things and makes it harder on himself. It’ll take time but I just don’t want him to be another joker. Speaking of, remember how you said don’t trade unless it’s a win? I can only pray he truly doesn’t become another joker........

Yeah that trade was definitely not a win. I thought trading Joki was a good idea, but ya know, not for a struggling prospect. Speaking of Nylander. I think once he gets back, he gets a really short leash. Kurashev and Suter have made him expendable. Now, I've been on Nylanders side for the past year if you can recall, because again, hes got all the speed and talent in the world, he just needs to fix his brain. But maybe having this competition will drive him to discover his potential. If not, well, see ya.
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 49
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,915
I dont necessarily think we will fall off this year because there are really only 2 top teams in our division right now (Florida and TB) so any regression will likely be masked by playing not great opponents, but I think next year if the schedule opens up again and we have to play teams like the Caps, Leafs, Habs, VGK, etc we will be exposed. The reason I think Hawks fans (myself included) have gotten overhyped this season is because its been a minute since we were able to care about hockey. The past two years have just been sad indifference, and now I get to care about games again and get upset when we lose and shout when we win. Most of us know at this point it would be dumb as hell to trade our 1st rounders or Reichel or some of our more ready prospects to get someone at the deadline, but if there is any year to root to sneak into the playoffs, its gonna be this one, because the draft this year is gonna be more of a crapshoot then normal.

100% agree with you about enjoying games and being able to care about them. It's tough when the team sucks but it just sucks how the arrogant and obnoxious Hawks fans on here overshadow the smart ones.

As for the first part, I think it's only a matter of time before they fall off. Florida and Tampa Bay are performing well, but you're also forgetting about Carolina who's playing well right now (just need a goalie soon), and Dallas (who've only played 12 games so far and still have Seguin and Bishop out). Both those teams are far superior to Chicago and will make playoffs before Chicago does. Not to mention that Columbus has proved that their style works and now they've added Laine to solve their goal scoring issues. Again, seems like only a matter of time before they take off. Nashville is the wild card, haven't performed well in years and were my pre-season pick to fall off this year. They have the potential to turn it around, but who knows. To me that leaves Chicago in at best 6th place in the division. Better than not finishing last (for fans to watch at least), but still not in the playoff picture. Be a good race, and undoubtedly having Chicago in the playoff picture helps the entire league (including my pay check lmao) but it doesn't seem plausible this season. Maybe 2 seasons away at this rate.
SlickWilly a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2021 à 13 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Do you think TOR has a real shot at winning the cup? They lack top tier talent IMO. They're just beating other meh teams. I think we can all agree the East is the hardest though.

I don’t really see it in the context of cup contenders. I tend to judge by what division has the best current teams. Under that, Toronto at present is very strong. And I do not like Toronto.
18 févr. 2021 à 14 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Yeah that trade was definitely not a win. I thought trading Joki was a good idea, but ya know, not for a struggling prospect. Speaking of Nylander. I think once he gets back, he gets a really short leash. Kurashev and Suter have made him expendable. Now, I've been on Nylanders side for the past year if you can recall, because again, hes got all the speed and talent in the world, he just needs to fix his brain. But maybe having this competition will drive him to discover his potential. If not, well, see ya.

I’ll be honest, given how well the youngsters have been this year, I don’t think nylander ever plays for us again, nor should he. Who’s he going to replace? I just think he had his chance and now try to get what we can for him, be it a 2nd or 3rd.
18 févr. 2021 à 14 h 3
I’ll be honest, given how well the youngsters have been this year, I don’t think nylander ever plays for us again, nor should he. Who’s he going to replace? I just think he had his chance and now try to get what we can for him, be it a 2nd or 3rd.

I would be fine with him replacing Janmark or Soderberg, and if its Janmark he could replace Carpenter or whoever for a couple games to see how Nylander does. His value probably isnt very high right now so I think teams would want to see how he performs after surgery, which would be the purpose of giving him a second chance
18 févr. 2021 à 14 h 20
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,797
I get that it was Detroit but I think Boqvist looked really good last night. Not time to give up on hium yet. Development is not the same for every player and it's not always linear. No need to sell nylander low eigther. We are very weak at RW and unless we sign a UFA theres a spot for him on the 3rd line next year
exo2769 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2021 à 14 h 28
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,861
What has even happened to Nylander lately? He hasn't played a single game this year, has he just gotten his spot stolen or is he just hurt?
18 févr. 2021 à 15 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: RawZuccSauce420
What has even happened to Nylander lately? He hasn't played a single game this year, has he just gotten his spot stolen or is he just hurt?

Season ending surgery back in January.
exo2769 et FunMustBeAlways a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2021 à 16 h 46
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,861
Season ending surgery back in January.

Ahh I see that sucks. How has he looked in Chicago so far? His point totals look okay but I don't watch many Hawks games so I'm unsure of his development status.
18 févr. 2021 à 17 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: RawZuccSauce420
Ahh I see that sucks. How has he looked in Chicago so far? His point totals look okay but I don't watch many Hawks games so I'm unsure of his development status.

I mean, respectfully, still kinda disappointing. He’s great amazing talent, but he always looks like he’s either trying too hard or he’s too lazy. There’s never a healthy in between where he just trusts himself and puts in the strong effort. He still has promise, but his time is running out.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage