Forums/Armchair-GM

The Cowtown Temper Tantrum

Créé par: PhatRas
Équipe: 2020-21 Flames de Calgary
Date de création initiale: 18 févr. 2021
Publié: 18 févr. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The doom and gloom temper tantrum from Flames fans is crazy right now. Cool off though, they're a notoriously slow starting team that goes through this every single year for the past decade, it sucks but it's cause of the core not the coach. Monahan has the worst shooting percentage he has had in his career, Tkachuk hasn't found it yet and they found another top 6 C in Lindholm. Markstrom is a disgusting human being who I accept as my lord and saviour as well as Tanner Pearson's dad.

Three points back of third with games in hand and two games coming up against the team in third, Win% wise it's even tighter than that. They haven't had a single game against Ottawa yet, Ottawa isn't to be overlooked as they are rounding into form but you should expect to take 12-15 points from those games. 9 games against Ottawa, 9 games against Edmonton, 5 against the Canucks. The Flames have shown that they're a team that either plays up to their competition or down to it, they can compete with Montreal, Toronto and Winnipeg those have been some of their best games of the year, it's when they play down to the level of a Canucks team that they should bury that they get into trouble.

No one is firing a coach when you're expected to compete in a 56 game season, it is hard enough in an 82 game season let alone 56.

Gaudreau is firing right now, Tkachuk need a return to his line from last year, Monahan needs to not play against the other teams top lines and Giordano needs less ice time and reduced special teams time.

NOW, FOR THE SAM BENNETT SAGA. The only reason he is in the line up is because Derek Ryan got hurt. Everyone wants to be a fan of Bennett now because they think he deserves a shot and never got one.. He is bad at hockey, his defensive zone is psychotic bad and he is 39% in the faceoff circle. Everyone wanting him to slot in at 3/4C wants this team to be blatantly unsuccessful, he plays well between Dube and Lucic because they refuse to start them in the D Zone and Lucic can hem a team below the goal line while Dube can retrieve pucks, there is zero Sam Bennett effect on that line. As mentioned elsewhere, he isn't getting traded because teams are likely offering skate laces and pucks for him while he's too valuable in the playoffs, he's also who the Flames will be ecstatic to let Seattle pick, no loss.

Tanev and Hanifin have been fantastic, they need to log more minutes and they need more supported minutes from Valimaki and Andersson. Giordano should shelter Mackey and they should get 80% O Zone starts, it's the only way we see Giordano succeed this year. Ideally for me he goes to Seattle and that cap hit is gone for next year.

Valimaki is showing flashes on the powerplay and likely fits better with the top unit than Andersson because of his skating but he's just not there thinking the game, trying to do too much too soon, Andersson back on that top unit with a bbomb of a shot with Tkachuk in front. Valimaki on the PP2 with Dube, Mangiapane, Lucic is a much more chip and chase system with a bunch of guys that are good at puck retrieval.

They need to get going here and sort it out because we are going to be seeing a lot more Rittich in the coming weeks and they need to score 4 to win a lot of those games.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de EDM
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $67 826 666 $0 $882 500 $13 673 334 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flames de Calgary
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 4
778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
AG, AD, C
RFA - 1
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 4
2 425 000 $2 425 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
6 375 000 $6 375 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
875 000 $875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
1 237 500 $1 237 500 $
DG
UFA - 4
1 125 000 $1 125 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
RFA - 1
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
G
UFA - 1
3 375 000 $3 375 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
787 500 $787 500 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG/DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD
UFA - 1
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $ (1 475 000 $$1M1 475 000 $$1M)
C
UFA - 1
AD, AG
UFA - 1
AD
UFA - 1
DG
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1
AG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 févr. 2021 à 10 h 58
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 46
Honestly, props for making me more optimistic over my morning coffee. I was ready to commit a horrible crime this morning.

Only major things I disagree with are the lines. While I agree getting Monahan especially away from top competition is needed, I we have never seen Johnny and Sean thrive apart, ever. I think Samuel can still offer us something in the bottom six. I do agree he add's nothing on that Dube/Lucic line, they need someone like Backlund/Monahan/Mangiapane who can bury after they put in the work and retrieve the puck.
18 févr. 2021 à 11 h 3
CGY
Rejoint: déc. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,064
This isn't a very good team and that's not a hot take. Very high highs and very low lows. A very average team.

They may be good enough to make the playoffs, but make no mistake, this isn't a team that's a threat.

I think there are issues in that room as well.
18 févr. 2021 à 11 h 8
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 305
Quoting: ChuckyCheese
Honestly, props for making me more optimistic over my morning coffee. I was ready to commit a horrible crime this morning.

Only major things I disagree with are the lines. While I agree getting Monahan especially away from top competition is needed, I we have never seen Johnny and Sean thrive apart, ever. I think Samuel can still offer us something in the bottom six. I do agree he add's nothing on that Dube/Lucic line, they need someone like Backlund/Monahan/Mangiapane who can bury after they put in the work and retrieve the puck.

Fair enough, I think my thought process here is keep Johnny going and get Lindholm to the point that Monahan has been with Gaudreau. Monahan can play a lesser Backlund role and powerplay, I know what you mean about splitting them up. Consistency in line ups is also a problem I will say that about the coaching.

Quoting: ItWasIn
This isn't a very good team and that's not a hot take. Very high highs and very low lows. A very average team.

They may be good enough to make the playoffs, but make no mistake, this isn't a team that's a threat.

I think there are issues in that room as well.

I wouldn't doubt it, it almost seems like Tkachuk has a problem with someone and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Giordano, polar opposite kind of guys, Tkachuk likely in line for the captaincy and Giordano on a slippery slope.
18 févr. 2021 à 11 h 11
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,637
Thanks for your analysis. Just make the playoffs and then take your chances.

You mentioned Ottawa. If Ottawa played the Leafs for entire 82 game schedule they would. have 41 wins. But must say, Ottawa when playing their best seem organized and enthusiastic.
18 févr. 2021 à 11 h 14
CGY
Rejoint: déc. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 2,064
Quoting: PhatRas

I wouldn't doubt it, it almost seems like Tkachuk has a problem with someone and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Giordano, polar opposite kind of guys, Tkachuk likely in line for the captaincy and Giordano on a slippery slope.

Yes, there are absolutely, 100% issues. If it's because the the leadership group is told Tkachuk to dial it back, it's a bad look.
PhatRas a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2021 à 11 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: palhal
Thanks for your analysis. Just make the playoffs and then take your chances.

You mentioned Ottawa. If Ottawa played the Leafs for entire 82 game schedule they would. have 41 wins. But must say, Ottawa when playing their best seem organized and enthusiastic.

Get to the dance, go home alone, whine about it all summer and try again next year, sounds about status quo for this team!

I chalk a lot of that up to Ottawa vs Toronto. Similar to Calgary vs. Edmonton or the best example is Pittsburgh vs Baltimore in the NFL.
It doesn't matter what those rosters look like on wither side it will all come out in the wash and end up close to .500, rivalries are funny that way and I think it's one of the best parts of sports. I played a period with Kamloops and the games against Kelowna, no matter if it was the first of the season, last of the season, second night of a back to back those two small towns would buzz and whatever the roster or the record looked like you were coming out to win every one of those games.
18 févr. 2021 à 16 h 20
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 184
This team is incredibly average. 8 wins in 16 games with 45 gf and 45 ga. I don't know what screams average more than that. And last time i checked average hockey teams don't win very many cups.

This team has a problem with it's core group and coaching staff. You say Monahan hasnt been getting match-ups and that's why his performance is lacking. Isn't that the coaches job?

Tkachuk literally laying on the ice for 4 seconds in his own zone watching the other team score screams that there is a divide on this team. Ever since the alleged players only meeting that he was told to "tone it down" his game has dropped off a cliff.

This team desperately needs a new leadership core and a new coach to lead the ship.

Saying we have the worst team in the NHL coming up as a saving grace is the exact problem. Slide into the last playoff spot to be decimated in the first round....again.

🤦🤦🤦🤦
18 févr. 2021 à 16 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Tkachuckyyy
This team is incredibly average. 8 wins in 16 games with 45 gf and 45 ga. I don't know what screams average more than that. And last time i checked average hockey teams don't win very many cups.

This team has a problem with it's core group and coaching staff. You say Monahan hasnt been getting match-ups and that's why his performance is lacking. Isn't that the coaches job?

Tkachuk literally laying on the ice for 4 seconds in his own zone watching the other team score screams that there is a divide on this team. Ever since the alleged players only meeting that he was told to "tone it down" his game has dropped off a cliff.

This team desperately needs a new leadership core and a new coach to lead the ship.

Saying we have the worst team in the NHL coming up as a saving grace is the exact problem. Slide into the last playoff spot to be decimated in the first round....again.

🤦🤦🤦🤦

The coaching carousel doesn't stop in Calgary, this core has had 4 different coaches with the same results over and over again. It's the same as players in FA, they don't want to sign with a team that will dispose of them right away, why would any elite coach even consider Calgary?

Monahan is slumping as hard as he ever has, shooting percentage through the floor and there are things he can't help, there needs to be a coaching adjustment a new coach coming in will look at what has worked in the past because it's mid season and go right back to 12 and 23 together. No coach has had their finger prints on this team completely since Bob Hartley and that's never going to create an identity or stability that this team is seriously lacking.

Having the worst team in the league coming up means keep your shorts on, see what the team looks like and the deadline is still a month and a half away, no coaching change is changing this team this year and the bed wetters that are crying about it all over the internet are beyond dumb
19 févr. 2021 à 17 h 8
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 184
Quoting: PhatRas
The coaching carousel doesn't stop in Calgary, this core has had 4 different coaches with the same results over and over again. It's the same as players in FA, they don't want to sign with a team that will dispose of them right away, why would any elite coach even consider Calgary?

Monahan is slumping as hard as he ever has, shooting percentage through the floor and there are things he can't help, there needs to be a coaching adjustment a new coach coming in will look at what has worked in the past because it's mid season and go right back to 12 and 23 together. No coach has had their finger prints on this team completely since Bob Hartley and that's never going to create an identity or stability that this team is seriously lacking.

Having the worst team in the league coming up means keep your shorts on, see what the team looks like and the deadline is still a month and a half away, no coaching change is changing this team this year and the bed wetters that are crying about it all over the internet are beyond dumb

Same results? they won the western conference 2 seasons ago...
19 févr. 2021 à 18 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Tkachuckyyy
Same results? they won the western conference 2 seasons ago...

Same results, as in the product on the ice is tremendously inconsistent and mediocre, late starts to games, the coach seems to lose the room a season and a half in, when the star players are clicking nothing else is when the secondary scoring is firing the stars are invisible.
They won the conference having five guys outscore their career highs by 15, 18, 33, 28 and 18 respectively, if you don't see that as an outlier season and not the norm then you're completely out to lunch, they were 11-9 at the end of the first month and below .500 for a good part of that month. Let's not act like that conference winning team came out dominated the division and ran away with the West, they were the exact same team this year with back to norm shooting % and stats.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage