SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

What's Joseph's ceiling?

10 févr. 2021 à 14 h 59
I want Gourde back
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,370
Do you think that Joseph can play top 6 next year, or is he a career bottom 6 player. If Lightning lose Killorn and Johnson in the off-season and only get back Kucherov than we're short a top 6 winger. I culd also see him taking Coleman's spot on the 3rd line if we retain Goodrow, but lose Coleman. Volkov could potentially grow into one of these roles next year also, but I'm mostly looking at Joseph here. Very much doubt someone like Raddysh or ABB is going to be playing top 6 next year. What do you think Joseph's ceiling is?

@CoopsTroops @Rangsey @Florida_Man_Maroon

Sorry for the tag, but most people don't look at forums
10 févr. 2021 à 15 h 29
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,887
I'm all about it tag me anytime. I've a Bolt fan in Canada for the last 12 years. I never get to talk about the Lightning.

Joseph has a ton of tools and he's an incredibly fast skater, but he doesn't have that one asset that really sets him apart that makes me think future top 6 guy. I think he'll be in the mix here and there but I just dont see it as a long term top 6 guy, similar with Volkov. We're kinda spoiled after the Triplets, then Point, then Cirelli just roll in and have massive success it's weird to not have that "next guy"
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 15 h 32
Démarrer sujet
I want Gourde back
Quoting: Rangsey
I'm all about it tag me anytime. I've a Bolt fan in Canada for the last 12 years. I never get to talk about the Lightning.

Joseph has a ton of tools and he's an incredibly fast skater, but he doesn't have that one asset that really sets him apart that makes me think future top 6 guy. I think he'll be in the mix here and there but I just dont see it as a long term top 6 guy, similar with Volkov. We're kinda spoiled after the Triplets, then Point, then Cirelli just roll in and have massive success it's weird to not have that "next guy"

What you say makes sense. I guess we'll see. 4 goals as a 4th liner through 11 games is pretty good and he's got speed. You're right though he's not really, really good at that one thing
10 févr. 2021 à 15 h 49
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,914
Same thing as Rangsey said, he doesn't have that one asset that sets him apart from everyone else. To me that screams Middle 6.

Assuming we have to part with 2 of 3 of Palat, Johnson, and Killorn, there will be an open spot in the Top 6 next season with Kucherov returning. Who fills it probably depends on who is actually moved and where Cooper wants to play Stamkos. I'm liking Joseph playing RW so he can take a one-timer, so, I'd prefer to have him at 2RW or 3RW. If Stamkos is moved up to 1LW then that opens up 2RW, but if Palat stays or if Cooper wants Gourde taking over 1LW (if Palat is moved), then Stamkos is likely at 2RW leaving 3RW as the open spot. I don't think Joseph at Center is a long-term play, but it works out ok for the 4th line.

As for you mentioning Raddysh and ABB, I doubt Raddysh is in the top 3 of Syracuse players to see playing time with us next year and I'm still thinking any expansion considerations trade to take Johnson is going to include ABB.
imawesome a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 15 h 52
Démarrer sujet
I want Gourde back
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Same thing as Rangsey said, he doesn't have that one asset that sets him apart from everyone else. To me that screams Middle 6.

Assuming we have to part with 2 of 3 of Palat, Johnson, and Killorn, there will be an open spot in the Top 6 next season with Kucherov returning. Who fills it probably depends on who is actually moved and where Cooper wants to play Stamkos. I'm liking Joseph playing RW so he can take a one-timer, so, I'd prefer to have him at 2RW or 3RW. If Stamkos is moved up to 1LW then that opens up 2RW, but if Palat stays or if Cooper wants Gourde taking over 1LW (if Palat is moved), then Stamkos is likely at 2RW leaving 3RW as the open spot. I don't think Joseph at Center is a long-term play, but it works out ok for the 4th line.

As for you mentioning Raddysh and ABB, I doubt Raddysh is in the top 3 of Syracuse players to see playing time with us next year and I'm still thinking any expansion considerations trade to take Johnson is going to include ABB.

I could see out top 9 next year looking something like this
Palat-Point-Kucherov
Stamkos-Cirelli-Joseph
Goodrow-Gourde-Volkov

That is significantly weaker than this year, but the cap is a problem
As for AHL players I have no idea which players could make the team next year, but you seem to follow the AHL team so you should keep us posted on that.
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 15 h 53
Quoting: imawesome
What you say makes sense. I guess we'll see. 4 goals as a 4th liner through 11 games is pretty good and he's got speed. You're right though he's not really, really good at that one thing

I dont think he can maintain it. He doesn't get that pp time in a closer game.
Side not. Has the goaltending in the central been off this season or at the Bolts just cruising?
imawesome a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 15 h 57
Palat-Point-Kucherov
Stamkos-Cirelli-Joseph
Goodrow-Gourde-Volkov

As for AHL players I have no idea which players could make the team next year, but you seem to follow the AHL team so you should keep us posted on that.

If we can keep the strength on the blueline we're still going to be in the mix. Do we try to keep ABB and float Hugo instead? I'm high on Gabe Fortier I really hope he pans out.
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 15 h 59
@BulinWall Bolts fans assemble!!! :-P
10 févr. 2021 à 16 h 16
Démarrer sujet
I want Gourde back
If we can keep the strength on the blueline we're still going to be in the mix. Do we try to keep ABB and float Hugo instead? I'm high on Gabe Fortier I really hope he pans out.

I'd rather have Hugo than ABB. I think that if ABB was gonna turn into anything he already would be in the lineup
10 févr. 2021 à 16 h 18
Rutta 4ever
Palat-Point-Kucherov
Stamkos-Cirelli-Joseph
Goodrow-Gourde-Volkov

My personal ACGM based on prevailing assumptions currently has the Top 9 as:
Gourde-Point-Kucherov
Killorn-Cirelli-Stamkos
Volkov-Stephens-Joseph

I know you're big on Palat, but I think Cooper & Co. like Killorn more than him. And he's a Free Agent anyway, so, he could come right back to us for 22-23 if we decide to move on from Killorn or Gourde. I still think Goodrow and Coleman are each going to have a nice windfall this postseason, so, I'm not factoring them into next year for us. I have Stephens as 3C because the guy can win faceoffs, but he needs the NHL reps for a little more offense and defense, so, hopefully he doesn't miss too much time and comes back this season in good health.

And yes there's something about hockey prospects and college football recruits that always captivates me. It's fun to think about the future, but trying not to miss out on our great team currently grin
To but it bluntly though, Raddysh looked out of touch with the pace of play at times during Syracuse's first game. I think I've said it before, but I think Katchouk, Colton, and Somppi are probably the most likely to stick in the bottom 6 for us if we have to call on some of the Syracuse guys next season. I never thought much of Somppi before, mainly because of a lack of offensive output, but his skating and defense looks good enough for a Bottom 6 role.

I don't think Hugo's value would be worth enough without any NA experience and results to make we want to consider trading him. ABB is only going to succeed in a Top 6 role, and I doubt we have one for him anytime soon. Fortier looked good Saturday night, but I think he's going to need another year in the AHL to practice playing a more physical game. I could see him at least getting a shot next year though with our cap situation.
10 févr. 2021 à 16 h 23
Démarrer sujet
I want Gourde back
My personal ACGM based on prevailing assumptions currently has the Top 9 as:
Gourde-Point-Kucherov
Killorn-Cirelli-Stamkos
Volkov-Stephens-Joseph

I know you're big on Palat, but I think Cooper & Co. like Killorn more than him. And he's a Free Agent anyway, so, he could come right back to us for 22-23 if we decide to move on from Killorn or Gourde. I still think Goodrow and Coleman are each going to have a nice windfall this postseason, so, I'm not factoring them into next year for us. I have Stephens as 3C because the guy can win faceoffs, but he needs the NHL reps for a little more offense and defense, so, hopefully he doesn't miss too much time and comes back this season in good health.

And yes there's something about hockey prospects and college football recruits that always captivates me. It's fun to think about the future, but trying not to miss out on our great team currently grin
To but it bluntly though, Raddysh looked out of touch with the pace of play at times during Syracuse's first game. I think I've said it before, but I think Katchouk, Colton, and Somppi are probably the most likely to stick in the bottom 6 for us if we have to call on some of the Syracuse guys next season. I never thought much of Somppi before, mainly because of a lack of offensive output, but his skating and defense looks good enough for a Bottom 6 role.

I don't think Hugo's value would be worth enough without any NA experience and results to make we want to consider trading him. ABB is only going to succeed in a Top 6 role, and I doubt we have one for him anytime soon. Fortier looked good Saturday night, but I think he's going to need another year in the AHL to practice playing a more physical game. I could see him at least getting a shot next year though with our cap situation.

If he progresses I think that ABB could be the 3rd line center if we keep him. As for Palat, Killorn, Gourde, Johnson. I'd keep them in this order
Gourde
Palat
Killorn

Johnson

I know, I know I'm really high on Gourde, but I think he is a lot more important than a lot of people realize. As for Palat vs Killorn I'd definitely take Palat, but i don't know what the organization thinks
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 16 h 28
I'd rather have Hugo than ABB. I think that if ABB was gonna turn into anything he already would be in the lineup

He's only a season behind 23yo Tyler Johnson. If we weren't so loaded he'd already be in the lineup. I wont be surprised if he takes the Marchessult route.
imawesome a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 16 h 37
Rutta 4ever
If he progresses I think that ABB could be the 3rd line center if we keep him. As for Palat, Killorn, Gourde, Johnson. I'd keep them in this order
Gourde
Palat
Killorn

Johnson

I know, I know I'm really high on Gourde, but I think he is a lot more important than a lot of people realize. As for Palat vs Killorn I'd definitely take Palat, but i don't know what the organization thinks

I think Gourde has redeemed himself this past year. He's the most offensively talented on the 3rd line and is just as defensively gifted as Coleman. I think he could practically play anywhere in the lineup.

I think there's a misconception with ABB. He's listed as a center here, but he predominantly plays wing for Syracuse.
Rangsey et imawesome a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 21 h 4
Démarrer sujet
I want Gourde back
I think Gourde has redeemed himself this past year. He's the most offensively talented on the 3rd line and is just as defensively gifted as Coleman. I think he could practically play anywhere in the lineup.

I think there's a misconception with ABB. He's listed as a center here, but he predominantly plays wing for Syracuse.

I've always liked Gourde, but you're right he's actually scoring this year. He's my favorite player
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 21 h 27
I've always liked Gourde, but you're right he's actually scoring this year. He's my favorite player

My problem with Gourde was never with him but with his contract. But he is now in the conversation of best 3c in the league.
CoopsTroops et imawesome a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 21 h 30
Rutta 4ever

I believe the contract was signed when it was looking like he could be a first line player. I think that promise is present once again, but he's a luxury (an expensive one) as far as 3C's go.
10 févr. 2021 à 21 h 42
I believe the contract was signed when it was looking like he could be a first line player. I think that promise is present once again, but he's a luxury (an expensive one) as far as 3C's go.

It's early in the season. But Auston Matthews is averaging 18:22mins a game.
Brayden Point is at 14:04.

Having Gourde in the lineup allows Tampa to roll their forward lines more than any other team in the league. We've made the cap work for now let's just enjoy it. :-D
imawesome a aimé ceci.
10 févr. 2021 à 21 h 43
Démarrer sujet
I want Gourde back

Yeah, but I honestly think he's worth 4M+ so maybe it's not that high.
10 févr. 2021 à 21 h 44
Démarrer sujet
I want Gourde back

At least we're not paying someone like Coyle or Pageau that much
11 févr. 2021 à 0 h 26
Rutta 4ever
At least we're not paying someone like Coyle or Pageau that much

I can't believe the Islanders chose to sign Pageau to that contract with their cap situation.
imawesome a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage