Forums/Armchair-GM

Gambling on centers at TDL

Créé par: zreich4
Équipe: 2020-21 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 31 janv. 2021
Publié: 31 janv. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Gamble on 2 centers that have not panned out so far but a change of scenery could help.

Patrick + Ghost trade: Patrick has had a injury plagued career so far but has looked good this season and when healthy could grow into a #1 center. Conditional 1st gives some insurance if the injuries come back.
Adding Ghost for cap reasons and the Wild keep an offensive D man to help with PP.

Bennett trade: Bennett always seems like a player that could use a change of scenery to me and he finally came out and said it. Bonino allows Calgary to stay competitive for the year and gets an additional 3rd.
Could add if not enough.

Both players are high 1st overalls that can try to rejuvenate their careers in a new place. When Rossi is ready both are able to play the wing and can shift there.

Also BG should be selling off rentals at the TDL no matter the position in the standings and keep building for the future. This season should be considered a stepping stone season and have the young players develop. Especially with no fans.

Seattle Expansion: 7-3-1
FWDs: Parise, Zucc, Fiala, Ek, Patrick, Bennett, Greenway/Foligno
DEF: Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin
G: Kaapo
Transactions
MIN
  1. Gostisbehere, Shayne
  2. Patrick, Nolan
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2022 (PHI)
Détails additionnels:
Conditional 1st around around Patrick plays x amount of games.
CGY
  1. Bonino, Nick (2 000 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (PIT)
MIN
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (VAN)
MIN
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2021 (OTT)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de VAN
Logo de MIN
Logo de OTT
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de PHI
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de SJS
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2081 500 000 $70 598 549 $0 $925 000 $10 901 451 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
874 125 $874 125 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Flames de Calgary
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
C
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 487 500 $1 487 500 $
C
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
785 000 $785 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Équipe de réserve
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, C
UFA - 1
C, AD
UFA - 1
DD
UFA - 1
DG/DD
UFA - 1
C
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
31 janv. 2021 à 2 h 24
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Too much for Dumba. Patrick is closer to a 1-for-1 than PAtrick+1st, even with Ghost as a cap dump.

If all MN is getting is a couple of 3rds, a 4th, and Bennett for their rentals, just keep them and go for 4th in the Division. Really it would be closer to a 5th and a 4th, and a 3rd with how they've played so far.

GMBG needs to go. This changes he's made to the team have been garbage. All the FWDs he's brought in would have been fighting for the 12th FWD/pressbox spot on last year's team. He set the team up to fail, and he even failed at that, by not keeping Dub and riding him for 45 games this year. The only positive thing he's done is fleecing PIT in the Zucker trade.
31 janv. 2021 à 2 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 32
Modifié 31 janv. 2021 à 2 h 45
Have to disagree about GMBG. I don’t think we are set up that bad still. I wasn’t a fan of either the Staal or Kunin trades but they were more lateral than anything. We are set up fine for a 4-4 protection and if we move Dumba we can go 7-3 and protect everyone. We also have a ton of money coming off the books after this season. I see this season as a wash and it should be treated that way. Get past the expansion draft and than load up with Fiala, Ek, and Kaprisov all on new deals and Rossi ready for the show. Plus we should have some money to play with still.

Also I do want to add that the Dumba trade’s 1st would be conditioned based on Patrick’s games played the next season. Just built in insurance if injuries keep happening.
31 janv. 2021 à 3 h 19
Quoting: zreich4
Have to disagree about GMBG. I don’t think we are set up that bad still. I wasn’t a fan of either the Staal or Kunin trades but they were more lateral than anything. We are set up fine for a 4-4 protection and if we move Dumba we can go 7-3 and protect everyone. We also have a ton of money coming off the books after this season. I see this season as a wash and it should be treated that way. Get past the expansion draft and than load up with Fiala, Ek, and Kaprisov all on new deals and Rossi ready for the show. Plus we should have some money to play with still.

MarJo is a huge downgrade from Staal. One is a quality center the other is a bottom-6 wing. The team has been screaming for competent centers and has been forever.

Bonino is a downgrade from Kunin as a player. He can win FOs and thats about it.

MN was fine before with a 4-4 expansion draft. The would have lost one of Kunin, Greenway, Soucy, or Donato. No big deal, they still have the other 3. Now they've already lost 2 of those players, and will lose one of Greenway or Soucy. So that is 3 young players gone for 2 x 3rds, and a 2nd + whatever Bonino gets in trade (if he's traded).

FFS JEE is leading the team in goals, and Greenway is leading the team in points from the 3rd line. Fiala and Kaprizov have been playing on a lines by themselves in the o-zone. Strum might be the 2nd best center on the team.

Would you trade Kunin + Greenway + Donato/Soucy + 4th for 2 x 3rds and a 2nd, maybe add another late 2nd (at best for Bonino)?

Staal > MarJo (both rentals, Staal makes a lot less)
Koivu (re-signed for cheap) = Bonino (both rentals, Koivu makes a lot less)
Kunin > Bjugstad (roughly the same cap hit)
Donato > 3rd (for roster purposes) As an added bonus Hunt wouldn't be playing FWD and Rask (decent this year) would be the pressbox FWD.

The PP would better and more balanced; which is not hard to say when it's scoring at a 5.6% rate. Last year it was 21.3% and that was without Kaprizov.
31 janv. 2021 à 3 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 32
Can’t argue with that really.

I guess it’s just too early to call for GMBG’s head for me. He wanted to shake up the roster and he did. I’ll agree it’s not better than what we had. But the Wild were stagnant and something needed to change. I went into this season knowing that it was practically a wash. The nexts years draft is supposedly weak so I really don’t care for them to tank either. A win for me is Ek, Fiala, and Kaprisov making improvements.

However if GMBG handles the TDL and off-season poorly I will have no problem joining the front lines calling for his head.
31 janv. 2021 à 11 h 6
MNBassman
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 3,569
Quoting: wabit
MarJo is a huge downgrade from Staal. One is a quality center the other is a bottom-6 wing. The team has been screaming for competent centers and has been forever.

Bonino is a downgrade from Kunin as a player. He can win FOs and thats about it.

MN was fine before with a 4-4 expansion draft. The would have lost one of Kunin, Greenway, Soucy, or Donato. No big deal, they still have the other 3. Now they've already lost 2 of those players, and will lose one of Greenway or Soucy. So that is 3 young players gone for 2 x 3rds, and a 2nd + whatever Bonino gets in trade (if he's traded).

FFS JEE is leading the team in goals, and Greenway is leading the team in points from the 3rd line. Fiala and Kaprizov have been playing on a lines by themselves in the o-zone. Strum might be the 2nd best center on the team.

Would you trade Kunin + Greenway + Donato/Soucy + 4th for 2 x 3rds and a 2nd, maybe add another late 2nd (at best for Bonino)?

Staal > MarJo (both rentals, Staal makes a lot less)
Koivu (re-signed for cheap) = Bonino (both rentals, Koivu makes a lot less)
Kunin > Bjugstad (roughly the same cap hit)
Donato > 3rd (for roster purposes) As an added bonus Hunt wouldn't be playing FWD and Rask (decent this year) would be the pressbox FWD.

The PP would better and more balanced; which is not hard to say when it's scoring at a 5.6% rate. Last year it was 21.3% and that was without Kaprizov.

You really, really, really need to learn to look at the long-term health of this franchise and not the now! Right now, the Wild are a crappy team. They’ve been a mostly crappy team for 20 years. And they will be a mostly crappy team for the next 20 years unless drastic changes continue to be made...to everything and every way this crappy franchise has dealt with things in the past!
Staal sucks!
Kunin was a bottom 6 wing.
Donato wouldn’t touch the ice for a legit Cup contender.
While I agree the additions are putrid, but the subtractions are only going to benefit the long-term health of this franchise. Making the 4th seed in the West will only accomplish 2 things: lining idiot owner, Craig Leipold’s wallet with money, and perpetuating the crappiness of this franchise.
zreich4 a aimé ceci.
31 janv. 2021 à 13 h 0
Quoting: MNBassman
You really, really, really need to learn to look at the long-term health of this franchise and not the now! Right now, the Wild are a crappy team. They’ve been a mostly crappy team for 20 years. And they will be a mostly crappy team for the next 20 years unless drastic changes continue to be made...to everything and every way this crappy franchise has dealt with things in the past!
Staal sucks!
Kunin was a bottom 6 wing.
Donato wouldn’t touch the ice for a legit Cup contender.
While I agree the additions are putrid, but the subtractions are only going to benefit the long-term health of this franchise. Making the 4th seed in the West will only accomplish 2 things: lining idiot owner, Craig Leipold’s wallet with money, and perpetuating the crappiness of this franchise.

They'll be the 4th team even with this putrid roster. SJS, LA, ANA, and AZ are in the same or worse condition.

Long term health isn't giving up on 24 yo RFA that haven't even played 150 games. You do what Fenton did: sell them as 27 yo with 300+ games when you know what they are as players and know they aren't core players. Long term health isn't having 4-5 FWD spots open up and maybe 2 prospects to fill them. Long term health isn't giving $6m+ contracts to 30+ players like Zucc and Spurgeon. Long term health isn't giving all the old guys prime playing time when they don't deserve it anymore. This is just bad roster building from top to bottom. Add in a clueless coach and "this is your Minnesota Wild, Wild, Wild"

Staal doesn't suck. Watch any game this year and the guys (outside of JEE) playing center suck. Warm body Koivu is an upgrade to them; which is sad to say.

PIT, STL, WSH, LA, TB, and CHI all won Cups with Dontoa/Kunin quality players on their roster. Vegas' entire team is Dontao/Kunin type of players. All these teams had elite talent players. MN has had the depth, but not the elite talent players. Now they have Fiala/Kaprizov that could be in the group of elite talent players, but no depth to make the team work (EDM, BUF).
31 janv. 2021 à 15 h 0
MNBassman
They'll be the 4th team even with this putrid roster. SJS, LA, ANA, and AZ are in the same or worse condition.

Long term health isn't giving up on 24 yo RFA that haven't even played 150 games. You do what Fenton did: sell them as 27 yo with 300+ games when you know what they are as players and know they aren't core players. Long term health isn't having 4-5 FWD spots open up and maybe 2 prospects to fill them. Long term health isn't giving $6m+ contracts to 30+ players like Zucc and Spurgeon. Long term health isn't giving all the old guys prime playing time when they don't deserve it anymore. This is just bad roster building from top to bottom. Add in a clueless coach and "this is your Minnesota Wild, Wild, Wild"

Staal doesn't suck. Watch any game this year and the guys (outside of JEE) playing center suck. Warm body Koivu is an upgrade to them; which is sad to say.

PIT, STL, WSH, LA, TB, and CHI all won Cups with Dontoa/Kunin quality players on their roster. Vegas' entire team is Dontao/Kunin type of players. All these teams had elite talent players. MN has had the depth, but not the elite talent players. Now they have Fiala/Kaprizov that could be in the group of elite talent players, but no depth to make the team work (EDM, BUF).

Most of what you said here is the pastor preaching to the choir. We agree on most things concerning the Wild, but...Staal does suck! I would have helped him pack his bags! Kunin and Donato are easily replaced and I completely expect Khusnutdinov to be a far superior player than Kunin could ever dream of being...not that that would take much...

All the players acquired for the departing worthlessness are nothing more than yo fill a roster for the purpose of tanking. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, the CA teams and AZ might be do bad the Wild can’t even tank the season properly... We all need to evaluate these moves in 3-5 years and see what the draft picks turn into. This season was s a wasted season anyway...
I am all for any strategy that might possibly get the Wild elite talent because I am sick and tired of 20 years of a predictably crappy team!
Whew! I feel better now.
zreich4 a aimé ceci.
31 janv. 2021 à 15 h 25
Most of what you said here is the pastor preaching to the choir. We agree on most things concerning the Wild, but...Staal does suck! I would have helped him pack his bags! Kunin and Donato are easily replaced and I completely expect Khusnutdinov to be a far superior player than Kunin could ever dream of being...not that that would take much...

All the players acquired for the departing worthlessness are nothing more than yo fill a roster for the purpose of tanking. Unfortunately, as you pointed out, the CA teams and AZ might be do bad the Wild can’t even tank the season properly... We all need to evaluate these moves in 3-5 years and see what the draft picks turn into. This season was s a wasted season anyway...
I am all for any strategy that might possibly get the Wild elite talent because I am sick and tired of 20 years of a predictably crappy team!
Whew! I feel better now.

You're betting 100% that the guys drafted by a team that isn't great at drafting. This new guy isn't any better than what MN had before. Hitting on top-10 picks and not much else and he's getting lauded as the draft savior. The old Wild staff; that everyone hated; has a similar/better track record with non top-10 picks than VAN has since 2007.

Staal is a 20g, 50p center in his sleep. Seeing the team without him makes me realize how good he really was.

If I'm Fiala and Kaprizov, I'm looking for a way off this team as soon as possible. If I'm Boldy, 2 more years of college is looking better and better.
MNBassman a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 12 h 57
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,880

Whew! I feel better now.

I've been following your posts on here and I think you'd be a great addition to the GM Game here on CapFriendly. The game is basically a season long Arm-Chair team where you get to make trades, draft, etc. and we have a formal scoring system for playoffs. If you are interested and want to know more, just quote and reply to this post and I'll answer any questions you've got. We've got some openings for assistant GMs that would involve you helping GMs by offering input on all aspects of the game.
1 févr. 2021 à 13 h 38
MNBassman
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I've been following your posts on here and I think you'd be a great addition to the GM Game here on CapFriendly. The game is basically a season long Arm-Chair team where you get to make trades, draft, etc. and we have a formal scoring system for playoffs. If you are interested and want to know more, just quote and reply to this post and I'll answer any questions you've got. We've got some openings for assistant GMs that would involve you helping GMs by offering input on all aspects of the game.

Thanks for the kind words, but I don’t know if i have the time required to participate in this the way I would want to.
1 févr. 2021 à 13 h 44
MNBassman
You're betting 100% that the guys drafted by a team that isn't great at drafting. This new guy isn't any better than what MN had before. Hitting on top-10 picks and not much else and he's getting lauded as the draft savior. The old Wild staff; that everyone hated; has a similar/better track record with non top-10 picks than VAN has since 2007.

Staal is a 20g, 50p center in his sleep. Seeing the team without him makes me realize how good he really was.

If I'm Fiala and Kaprizov, I'm looking for a way off this team as soon as possible. If I'm Boldy, 2 more years of college is looking better and better.

I am 100% confident that it wont take a drafting savant to find players with higher ceilings than Kunin and Donato.

As for Staal...is he better than anyone the Wild currently have not named Ek? Without a doubt! Is he something the Wild can build an honest to goodness, bonafide Cup contending team around? Not even close! The only thing to really consider between Staal and Johansson is who will get more at the TDL...and that is tbd. This season doesn’t matter for anything other than draft position...with, or without Eric Staal.
1 févr. 2021 à 14 h 10
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,880
Thanks for the kind words, but I don’t know if i have the time required to participate in this the way I would want to.

Alright well if you change or mind or just want to dip your toes in as an Assistant GM, head on over to this thread:https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/406387
MNBassman a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage