SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season! (part 2)

1 févr. 2021 à 0 h 6
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Quoting: TanSor
Agreed. You could say that about every game he has played in which is why it is so imperative we get him a 1C. He turned it on when it mattered

He doesn't need a 1C. Just give him another good wing and a center and he'll be like Kane in CHI, or Gabby in MN for years. Or Strome in NYR the last couple of years. MarJo, Bonino, Parise, and Rask are the opposite of what he needs.

I'd be fine with JEE x2 as the top-6 centers. Put Fiala and Kaprizov on different lines. Greenway and Boldy as the other wings. It's not the McDavid/Drais sexy 1C/2C combo by any means, but it'll win a lot of games and is made for the Playoffs. Ir would be like having Koivu x2 instead of Granny as the 2C in the 12-13 thru 14-15 years. That would have been enough to get past the Hawks and play even with LA.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 0 h 26
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,986
Quoting: wabit
He doesn't need a 1C. Just give him another good wing and a center and he'll be like Kane in CHI, or Gabby in MN for years. Or Strome in NYR the last couple of years. MarJo, Bonino, Parise, and Rask are the opposite of what he needs.

I'd be fine with JEE x2 as the top-6 centers. Put Fiala and Kaprizov on different lines. Greenway and Boldy as the other wings. It's not the McDavid/Drais sexy 1C/2C combo by any means, but it'll win a lot of games and is made for the Playoffs. Ir would be like having Koivu x2 instead of Granny as the 2C in the 12-13 thru 14-15 years. That would have been enough to get past the Hawks and play even with LA.

Are you opposed to a guy like Bennett? He seems similar to Ek; at least his projection. CGY uses him differently and that seems to be why he is upset.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 1 h 47
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
One away from breaking that record.

McDavid is also the greatest player on the planet

Draisaitl is #2 on the planet. Just my opinion. I know we all love the Great Nate.
1 févr. 2021 à 5 h 32
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
Quoting: Wqrrior
Are you opposed to a guy like Bennett? He seems similar to Ek; at least his projection. CGY uses him differently and that seems to be why he is upset.

Not opposed, but I wouldn't give up much to get him.
1 févr. 2021 à 7 h 14
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Sure why’s he such a POS

Asked him, didn’t answer but I learned 2 things this story is fake ( obviously) and he’s getting help from a PR expert ( makes sense )
1 févr. 2021 à 9 h 41
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Asked him, didn’t answer but I learned 2 things this story is fake ( obviously) and he’s getting help from a PR expert ( makes sense )

Yeah I saw what Greg Wyshinski (or however u say his last name) from ESPN saying the K’Andre Miller story is fake. Idk what to believe anymore lol. Weird situation
1 févr. 2021 à 11 h 25
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
LMAO I just saw a FB post that read «Edmonton Oilers team picture»

And you only had McDavid, Draisaitl, Holland, Tippett and the Mascot
MitchMarner_16 et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 11 h 26
Pettersson_40
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 63
Quoting: leafs101

Canucks thoughts?
1 févr. 2021 à 11 h 30
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
LMAO I just saw a FB post that read «Edmonton Oilers team picture»

And you only had McDavid, Draisaitl, Holland, Tippett and the Mascot

too accurate haha
1 févr. 2021 à 11 h 37
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
Quoting: hockeyman2006
Canucks thoughts?

getting a lot better but also have to remember its Ottawa so we'll see if they can beat playoff teams consistently (yea they beat WPG just need to see more of that). Reminds me of the young inconsistent leafs
MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 12 h 3
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Yeah I saw what Greg Wyshinski (or however u say his last name) from ESPN saying the K’Andre Miller story is fake. Idk what to believe anymore lol. Weird situation

Well from what I understand Deangelo had an altercation with Georgiev, Kreider punched him and Miller broke it up, Deangelo May have the puck for Miller’s first goal
AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 12 h 10
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Well from what I understand Deangelo had an altercation with Georgiev, Kreider punched him and Miller broke it up, Deangelo May have the puck for Miller’s first goal

I heard that too but idk if the puck thing is true. Either way, not a good situation
1 févr. 2021 à 15 h 28
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,817
Modifié 1 févr. 2021 à 15 h 37
I heard that too but idk if the puck thing is true. Either way, not a good situation

I highly doubt the puck thing is true. Its been denied by multiple sources with bigger names and even those with smaller names. I think people just assumed he stole the puck because of his past/ potential beef with Miller. The clip didnt look like he did anything wrong and there's no evidence other than people saying the equipment staff has the puck; which only makes sense since that happens with every "special moment" puck.

Miller broke up the fight and a few sources have now said it was Georgiev who punched Deangelo. Not anyone else. Deangelo made a sarcastic comment (no ones said what it was) and Georgiev took offence and a argument broke out which quickly resulted in Georgiev punching Deangelo (Not Kreider). K'Andre broke it up (which is why twitter is no praising K'Andre, not Kreider anymore).

Id assume the facts are still incorrect or misplaced; seeing as everything including what I said keep changes and will probably change again.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/31/tony-deangelo-alex-georgiev-got-physical-after-rangers-loss/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=twitter_app

most of this is from Larry Brooks who I saw a lot of NYR people relying on so it seems like a good source.

And a couple good comments/ info on the situation from the boys at SN:

Friedman and Marek

Anthony Stewart and Bourne
AndrewLadd et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 16 h 55
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: yikes
I highly doubt the puck thing is true. Its been denied by multiple sources with bigger names and even those with smaller names. I think people just assumed he stole the puck because of his past/ potential beef with Miller. The clip didnt look like he did anything wrong and there's no evidence other than people saying the equipment staff has the puck; which only makes sense since that happens with every "special moment" puck.

Miller broke up the fight and a few sources have now said it was Georgiev who punched Deangelo. Not anyone else. Deangelo made a sarcastic comment (no ones said what it was) and Georgiev took offence and a argument broke out which quickly resulted in Georgiev punching Deangelo (Not Kreider). K'Andre broke it up (which is why twitter is no praising K'Andre, not Kreider anymore).

Id assume the facts are still incorrect or misplaced; seeing as everything including what I said keep changes and will probably change again.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/31/tony-deangelo-alex-georgiev-got-physical-after-rangers-loss/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=twitter_app

most of this is from Larry Brooks who I saw a lot of NYR people relying on so it seems like a good source.

And a couple good comments/ info on the situation from the boys at SN:

Friedman and Marek

Anthony Stewart and Bourne

Honestly terminate his contract. The sooner it is done the better
yikes a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 17 h 5
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191

There probably isn't a justifiable reason to do so, or not one that is clear cut.
BuFfaLOFaN et yikes a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 17 h 6
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,223

I don't think it can be a unilateral decision unless there are specific breaches they can point to.
yikes a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 17 h 36
EklundCelebriniSmith
Modifié 1 févr. 2021 à 17 h 43
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I don't think it can be a unilateral decision unless there are specific breaches they can point to.

Quoting: mondo
There probably isn't a justifiable reason to do so, or not one that is clear cut.

I thought they would too since brooks said there's an exception about breaching team code of conduct and morals which I posted about yesterday in this thread probably on page 7 or 8.

But as Friedman and Marek (both more recent and imo reliable sources) pointed out in my links - there likely wont be a scenario with a termination.
Think teams that could have really used Deangelo (OTT or ANA for example) for free; knew it wasn't worth grabbing to possibly disrupt their teams and so theres a possible trade and buyout coming: and since there's no claim hell likely be in the AHL (were I doubt hell show up but who knows) or be bought out by a team maybe (team gets assets for helping the rangers out with the buyout)..

The likely reality of what happened is what I saw some discussions about.

It was the "straw" that broke the camels back and as Anthony Stewart said; this wasn't the first problem internally. This one just got out to the media due to such a bizarre waiving of a former 60point d man.

Its assumed there was so much internal issues the team had enough and the team chose to back the morally right cause which was waiving Deangelo not getting rid of K'Andre and Georgiev. As many other reporters said the rangers have obviously been backing Deangelo for a long time knowing the internal issues and now theyre finally realizing they cant back him and decided while Georgiev isnt apart of the teams long term future the team will be better losing Deangelo. There was a rift between the team of those supporting getting rid of him and those who didn't have a problem with him (includg a couple teammates who definitely are on DeAngelo's side supposedly). So Id say hell be bought out unless Deangleo agrees to a contract termination (which I mean do you really see him wanting to lose his entire 10m contract??). We'll probably have to wait longer to find out what happens.
1 févr. 2021 à 17 h 52
I thought they would too since brooks said there's an exception about breaching team code of conduct and morals which I posted about yesterday in this thread probably on page 7 or 8.

But as Friedman and Marek (both more recent and imo reliable sources) pointed out in my links - there likely wont be a scenario with a termination.
Think teams that could have really used Deangelo (OTT or ANA for example) for free; knew it wasn't worth grabbing to possibly disrupt their teams and so theres a possible trade and buyout coming: and since there's no claim hell likely be in the AHL (were I doubt hell show up but who knows) or be bought out by a team maybe (team gets assets for helping the rangers out with the buyout)..

It was the "straw" that broke the camels back and as Anthony Stewart said; this wasn't the first problem internally. This one just got out to the media due to such a bizarre waiving of a former 60point d man.

Its assumed there was so much internal issues the team had enough and the team chose to back the morally right cause which was waiving Deangelo not getting rid of K'Andre and Georgiev. As many other reporters said the rangers have obviously been backing Deangelo for a long time knowing the internal issues and now theyre finally realizing they cant back him and decided while Georgiev isnt apart of the teams long term future the team will be better losing Deangelo. There was a rift between the team of those supporting getting rid of him and those who didn't have a problem with him (includg a couple teammates who definitely are on DeAngelo's side supposedly). So Id say hell be bought out unless Deangleo agrees to a contract termination (which I mean do you really see him wanting to lose his entire 10m contract??). We'll probably have to wait longer to find out what happens.

Zibanejad and, specifically Trouba's comments are a little eyebrow raising.
1 févr. 2021 à 18 h 0
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Zibanejad and, specifically Trouba's comments are a little eyebrow raising.

got a link?
1 févr. 2021 à 18 h 8
got a link?

No, saw them last night. Guess I shouldn't be too quick to come to conclusions in case it's not accurate, but here's the gist of the alleged quotes:

Zibanejad: Tony's our teammate and you don't want to see anyone put in that situation (waivers).

Trouba: Not happy about it as players. Tony is one of our friends.
1 févr. 2021 à 18 h 48
How did McD not get 1st star of the week? 4-8-12 in 4 games, lol. No disrespect to Demko, but averaging 3 ppg for a week is nothing less than ridiculous. I want a recount.
BuFfaLOFaN et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
1 févr. 2021 à 18 h 54

How does K'Andre fit into this. He wasn't involved in the altercation. I've heard no reports of Tony's dismissal having anything to do with K'Andre. The thing about the puck is nonsense. What else am I missing here? People are trying to create a racial aspect to this story when there's absolutely zero evidence.
1 févr. 2021 à 18 h 56
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,268
Quoting: Brian2016
How does K'Andre fit into this. He wasn't involved in the altercation. I've heard no reports of Tony's dismissal having anything to do with K'Andre. The thing about the puck is nonsense. What else am I missing here? People are trying to create a racial aspect to this story when there's absolutely zero evidence.

I saw a twitter comment that said K'Andre is the one who broke up the fight between DeAngelo and Georgiev
1 févr. 2021 à 19 h 3
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I saw a twitter comment that said K'Andre is the one who broke up the fight between DeAngelo and Georgiev

Ok. So that's a good thing.
1 févr. 2021 à 19 h 18
Brace for the Storm
What is the NHL Covid protocol list??

Kakko is on it...

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage