Forums/Armchair-GM

Helping Detroit With An Expansion Issue While Adding Rentals

Créé par: bruinsdude77
Équipe: 2020-21 Bruins de Boston
Date de création initiale: 27 janv. 2021
Publié: 27 janv. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I stumbled upon this looking at Expansion stuff earlier: Detroit has a unique problem when it comes to defense and the Expansion Draft. You need to expose a defensemen in the draft that is under contract for next season and have played the requisite number of games. Currently, the Red Wings have two defensemen under contract beyond this season period: Danny DeKeyser and Troy Stecher. Of course, RFA's Filip Hronek and Dennis Cholowski will get extensions, but Hronek is obviously not a player that Detroit wants to expose and Cholowksi, if extended in time, may be protected as well. If he’s not and they decide they want to protect DeKeyser (if he's not already traded) and Stecher, who is relatively young and on a reasonable deal, then you’re at zero defenseman who meet the exposure requirement. It's worth noting that DeKeyser is still 20 games away from meeting the games played requirement too. So what are they to do? They could re-sign a UFA like Patrik Nemeth, Marc Staal, Jon Merril, or Alex Biega prior to the draft, though those players would also have to want to return as their selection would be unlikely. Or they could make sure that RFA Christian Djoos plays 24 games this season then sign and expose him, but that might be a stretch too.

For both Expansion purposes and also simply building next year's roster, it seems Detroit needs a defenseman with term. The Bruins have an underutilized defenseman who fits the bill in John Moore. I like Moore and wish he would play more, but the young defensemen have looked good so far this season and there might not be much opportunity. Also, when Grz was out Cassidy played Clifton on his off side rather than give Moore a shot. Moore is being paid too much and frankly is too good to be a permanent bench player. In Detroit, he could be a starter for the remainder of his contract. He solves the Expansion problem, upgrades the Red Wings D, and provides a long-term veteran presence on the back end.

As a rebuilding team, the Red Wings would also be interested in another Bruin on the block. Anders Bjork is struggling to perform and find his role on the team right now. When current injured players come back, he seems like the odd man out and possibly not even the first man up at forward. Another player on a multi-year deal being paid too much to do nothing, I don't blame the Bruins if they trade Bjork. However, he does have upside, versatility, and defensive talent and Detroit could definitely give him a fair shake over the next few years.

The return? Well, a replacement for Moore as injury insurance to start. And honestly and upgrade in my book. I really like Patrik Nemeth. On a bad Detroit team, he has been very steady through last year and early this year. He's solid at even strength and on the PK and has been Detroit's best possession defenseman. He may not have gaudy offensive or defensive stats, but he can play big minutes and get the job done. As an option to step into the lineup in case of injury or to spell players down the stretch, he's a great add for the B's. With that said, I think the value that Detroit is getting in Moore over the next two years and as an Expansion asset is at least equal to the Bruins renting Nemeth. Even throwing in another rental - I chose Glendening over Gagner but would take either - doesn't really cover it in my mind. The B's could use another two-way, versatile veteran option up front in case of injury. I think Glendening is an upgrade to Lindholm or McKegg, but still not worth that much at this point in his career and definitely doesn't cover Bjork. Luckily, with a deep pipeline and plenty of draft picks, Detroit can spare a pick too. They have a first, three seconds, and two thirds and may end up adding another early pick for Bobby Ryan at the deadline. They can spare one of their thirds.

And after all that, the Bruins still have room to make another sizeable rental addition in case of emergency and don't have to worry about Moore and Bjork on the books moving forward either.
Transactions
BOS
  1. Glendening, Luke
  2. Nemeth, Patrik
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (DET)
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de DET
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de TOR
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
Logo de BOS
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $76 867 314 $964 222 $2 300 000 $4 632 686 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
6 666 667 $6 666 667 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 675 000 $3 675 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 498 925 $1 498 925 $
AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
C, AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
Logo de Bruins de Boston
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Bruins de Boston
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
3 687 500 $3 687 500 $
DG
UFA - 4
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 850 000 $2 850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $ (Bonis de performance1 250 000 $$1M)
G
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
725 000 $725 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $ (Bonis de performance750 000 $$750K)
DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
Équipe de réserve
Logo de Bruins de Boston
769 167 $769 167 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance107 500 $$108K)
AD, C
RFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
725 000 $725 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
850 000 $850 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, C
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C, AG
UFA - 1
Logo de Bruins de Boston
894 167 $894 167 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
Logo de Bruins de Boston
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 janv. 2021 à 23 h 36
Buffbry
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,309
Wings pass, moore is a cap dump, bjork is nothing yet but injury prone. We are giving up 2 guys who can get us 3rds.+ A 3rd to help boston. Absolutely a pass from wings
aedoran a aimé ceci.
27 janv. 2021 à 23 h 41
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
I like the your analysis of the draft protection necessities but this trade favours the Bruins too much. Wings will be able to sign a player at some time to be "selection draft compliant". Maybe the Bruins just give Moore to the Wings in the off season....it will help the Bruins cap.
27 janv. 2021 à 23 h 53
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 847
You're overthinking this a lot.

Detroit Protects the Following.
Forwards: Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Namestkinov, Smith.
Defense: Hronek, Lindstrom, Stecher
Goal: Greiss

I take Lindstrom over Cholowski. He can at least play Defense and has some edge. Cholowski gets all his points on the PP and can't do much 5v5 and is atrocious in his own zone. Seattle can have him if they want. Stecher over Dekeyser. Seattle unlikely to take DD anyway as he's 30+ and overpaid.
BStinson a aimé ceci.
28 janv. 2021 à 0 h 16
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,509
Quoting: Old_Snowman
You're overthinking this a lot.

Detroit Protects the Following.
Forwards: Larkin, Mantha, Bertuzzi, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Namestkinov, Smith.
Defense: Hronek, Lindstrom, Stecher
Goal: Greiss

I take Lindstrom over Cholowski. He can at least play Defense and has some edge. Cholowski gets all his points on the PP and can't do much 5v5 and is atrocious in his own zone. Seattle can have him if they want. Stecher over Dekeyser. Seattle unlikely to take DD anyway as he's 30+ and overpaid.

This is the exact protection I have in the ACGM I’m creating at the moment. Some will scoff at Lindstrom but he is a perfect cost controlled third pairing defensive D. Same goes with Smith but fourth liner instead and soon to be fan favorite.
Spaceman et buffbry a aimé ceci.
28 janv. 2021 à 1 h 8
Pop Pop
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,213
Well first off you only need to expose 1 dman who has played the minimums and is under contract not 2. 2 is for the forwards. So dekeyser if he doesn't get hurt gets exposed because they won't take him. We don't want Moore, you keep him.
buffbry a aimé ceci.
28 janv. 2021 à 2 h 40
John 3 16
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,618
How about:

Graves for Bernier + Nemeth + 3rd, with Detroit retaining 50% to balance salary.

Avs get a backup/3rd goalie who can cover for Francouz while he is on IR, along with a replacement for Graves - both of who are on expiring contracts and who can seamlessly fit into the club as former Avs.

Whilst Nemeth is worse and older than Graves, he actually fits the 3rd pairing PK role a little better than Graves, since Graves is better suited to playing as the defensive Dman on an offensive D pairing than on a purely defensive pairing.

Detroit get the best player in the trade: a LHD with some term and 1st pair experience who can partner Hronek or Seider in the top 4.

I made an AGM for this trade here btw: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2202802
28 janv. 2021 à 8 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 54
Quoting: buffbry
Wings pass, moore is a cap dump, bjork is nothing yet but injury prone. We are giving up 2 guys who can get us 3rds.+ A 3rd to help boston. Absolutely a pass from wings

I just disagree with all of this.

Moore is not a cap dump. He is arguably better than every defenseman the Red Wings have right now not named Hronek or Nemeth. He just simply hasn’t had opportunity on a better, deeper Bruins team.

Bjork is certainly more than “nothing”, especially on a team that counts Robby Fabbri as one of their best players. That’s laughable.

You are definitely not getting a 3rd for Glendening and his 9 points and -32 in his past 67 games. More like a 6th or 7th in the flat cap climate.

I agree that Nemeth is worth a 3rd. So you wouldn’t give up two 3rds and a 6th for two players locked in as starters for the next two years (at least) including one who could be a top-six winger?
Silkysmooth42 a aimé ceci.
28 janv. 2021 à 10 h 59
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,266
Quoting: bruinsdude77

Moore is not a cap dump. He is arguably better than every defenseman the Red Wings have right now not named Hronek or Nemeth. He just simply hasn’t had opportunity on a better, deeper Bruins team.

Bjork is certainly more than “nothing”, especially on a team that counts Robby Fabbri as one of their best players. That’s laughable.

You are definitely not getting a 3rd for Glendening and his 9 points and -32 in his past 67 games. More like a 6th or 7th in the flat cap climate.

I agree that Nemeth is worth a 3rd. So you wouldn’t give up two 3rds and a 6th for two players locked in as starters for the next two years (at least) including one who could be a top-six winger?

This is all true (though people will disagree because they hate the bruins) ... and this is why this trade is bad for the bruins lol. No reason to give up Bjork for nothing in return. Dont want or need Nameth (they want to stick with the young guys). Certainly no need for glendenning (too many middle/bottom 6 guys already)...
BruinsCharlies a aimé ceci.
28 janv. 2021 à 12 h 24
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 847
Quoting: BStinson
This is the exact protection I have in the ACGM I’m creating at the moment. Some will scoff at Lindstrom but he is a perfect cost controlled third pairing defensive D. Same goes with Smith but fourth liner instead and soon to be fan favorite.

I predict we're going to lose Hirose. Sucks but gotta lose somebody. I take Smith over Hirose because he can forecheck, fight and bulldoze his way to the net. Hirose is a skilled player but more of a perimeter player. We have Jonatan Berggren tearing it up in the SHL. He's also a skilled perimeter play and will replace Hirose. Not to mention Lucas Raymond coming up. We don't have much of a replacement for what Smith brings. You're right that Detroit fans will love this guy.
BStinson a aimé ceci.
28 janv. 2021 à 12 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 54
Quoting: Silkysmooth42
This is all true (though people will disagree because they hate the bruins) ... and this is why this trade is bad for the bruins lol. No reason to give up Bjork for nothing in return. Dont want or need Nameth (they want to stick with the young guys). Certainly no need for glendenning (too many middle/bottom 6 guys already)...

I just think there’s some value for the Bruins in moving out long-term contracts in exchange for rentals. With a number of RFA’s and questions regarding the future in goal and replacing whoever is lost in Expansion, I think the Bs can use as much cap space as they can get this summer.

In the short-term, Nemeth is an upgrade to Moore and Clifton as the next man up on defense this season. And Glendening fills the next man up role at forward better than Bjork in that he can play center as well as wing and has more experience. I wouldn’t rule out adding another offensive depth addition up front too.

At the end of the day, the Bruins move young forwards once they stall and Bjork has reached that point. They got a 3rd for Vatrano a few years ago. I think they would take a third and two rentals for Bjork and Moore and be even happier about it next year.
28 janv. 2021 à 12 h 44
Buffbry
Rejoint: août 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,309
Quoting: bruinsdude77

You can disagree and I disagree with you and that's why this is a free country.

Lgd brings way more then what you are saying, he's like a barclay goodrow type who got a first. He can play 3rd or 4th line for a team that is a cup favorite and brings faceoffs, leadership and some light scoring, he's not as young or as good as goodrow but brings the same qualities, a 3rd is not unreasonable for him and that's what we will be looking to get.

Moore is not better then people on the wings, he's a cap dump and we will not be taking him unless you are paying us to take him, he does not fit with our timeline and massive amount of dmen coming in next season.

Bjork has been hurt nonstop and hasn't showed anything, we have plenty of forwards who are around his age who are nhl ready and don't have a need for bjork.

We aren't trading any picks at this time so that's another pass.

You can have nemeth for a 3rd this year and a 4th next year and that is about all we would agree about on this trade.

Gotta look at it from a wings point of view and wings fans who pay attention to what yzerman had been saying will know what I'm saying is more true then false. You can argue all you want but ultimately this trade you made is a pass from our side

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage