Forums/Armchair-GM

Zuccarello returns

Créé par: jnowariak
Équipe: 2020-21 Wild du Minnesota
Date de création initiale: 26 janv. 2021
Publié: 26 janv. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Just a thought to try and jump start production when Zuccarello returns. It accomplishes 3 things,

1.) #freeerikssonek
2.) puts Bonino into a role he can succeed in to raise his trade value
3.) puts Johansson into a role he can succeed in to raise his trade value
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de PIT
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de SJS
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
Logo de MIN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $79 424 424 $0 $925 000 $2 075 576 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
2 050 000 $2 050 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
AG
UFA - 1
1 487 500 $1 487 500 $
C
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 875 000 $2 875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
725 000 $725 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 538 462 $7 538 462 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
7 575 000 $7 575 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 7
3 666 667 $3 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
4 166 667 $4 166 667 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 1
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
725 000 $725 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
3 450 000 $3 450 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
785 000 $785 000 $
G
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, C
UFA - 1
DD
UFA - 1
DG/DD
UFA - 1
C
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 0
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
To be fair, Ek has been playing phenomenally on that 3rd line so why fix something that is broken? But he definitely has played like he deserves to be in the top 6. If that line gets scored on I won't be surprised if he's moved up. I do like Bonino on that line though.

This center depth is just atrocious. Every time I look at the lineup I get frustrated. Something needs to give.
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 8
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,641
I'm been thinking of:
Greenway/JEE/Kaprizov
Fiala/Bonino/Zucc
Parise/Strum/Foligno
MarJo (Bjugstad)/Rask/Hartman
OutCold13, jnowariak, TanSor and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,794
Quoting: TanSor
To be fair, Ek has been playing phenomenally on that 3rd line so why fix something that is broken? But he definitely has played like he deserves to be in the top 6. If that line gets scored on I won't be surprised if he's moved up. I do like Bonino on that line though.

This center depth is just atrocious. Every time I look at the lineup I get frustrated. Something needs to give.

Sure, but it ain’t changing. The name of the game is putting the players into positions to look good and produce. The way both JEE and Greener have played means they should get a shot with KK at least until Zucc gets back.

The 3rd line being good shouldn’t dictate whether that makes your top 6 worse, as is the case now. If it doesn’t work, out the old lines back together and watch them jump right back to it.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 14
Hockey Fan13
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,487
Quoting: wabit
I'm been thinking of:
Greenway/JEE/Kaprizov
Fiala/Bonino/Zucc
Parise/Strum/Foligno

I'm pretty much with you on this with the possibility of flipping Parise and Zuccarello around depending upon who works better together. Parise and Fiala have played well together in the past, as you know.
jnowariak et mnwild1790 a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 14
Démarrer sujet
I'm been thinking of:
Greenway/JEE/Kaprizov
Fiala/Bonino/Zucc
Parise/Strum/Foligno

Hard to see Parise out of the top 6 and I think Bjugstad has played his way into top 6 minutes at this point. But otherwise I really like the JEE/Greener/KK line. I think having some heavies on his line could help him out.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 15
Quoting: jnowariak
Sure, but it ain’t changing. The name of the game is putting the players into positions to look good and produce. The way both JEE and Greener have played means they should get a shot with KK at least until Zucc gets back.

The 3rd line being good shouldn’t dictate whether that makes your top 6 worse, as is the case now. If it doesn’t work, out the old lines back together and watch them jump right back to it.

The 3rd line has been the 1st line in terms of 5v5 ToI, or at least were before last game.
jnowariak, TanSor et mnwild1790 a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 21
Démarrer sujet
The 3rd line has been the 1st line in terms of 5v5 ToI, or at least were before last game.

Which probably explains how we’ve managed to control play. But the top line needs an offensive component that line just doesn’t have. KK is responsible enough defensively and will elevate the offensive game of JEE and Greener. Can’t let KK keep playing with Bonino and MoJo.
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071

Not saying he shouldn't get a shot in the top 6, just saying I get why someone could reason that they shouldn't mess with that line.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: TanSor
Not saying he shouldn't get a shot in the top 6, just saying I get why someone could reason that they shouldn't mess with that line.

I get it too, and I’m not a coach in NHL, but that Bonino/MoJo line just feels off. We read about MoJo being force fed at C last year, but what if he’s just a great depth guy rather than a top 6 talent? It really doesn’t help that we’re as high in the standings as we are to make it look like things are fine.

I’ve also been of the persuasion that this is the year to figure it out. Can JEE and Greenway play in the top 6? Is Kahko a goalie of the future? This is a tailor made opportunity for that to happen.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,130
Modifié 26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 50
I'm been thinking of:
Greenway/JEE/Kaprizov
Fiala/Bonino/Zucc
Parise/Strum/Foligno

I really dislike any line that moves Fiala back to LW. Experience has shown he is far more dominant and just simply, better, playing his offwing. Otherwise he was horrendous when playing on the left for us, and doesn't brim me with confidence. Given his breakout last year and his play so far this year, sure, maybe he won't be as bad. But, again, I have doubts.

Furthermore, because Zuccarello strictly plays the right as well. I don't see Fiala and him being a good match. If anything, I would suggest switching Kaprizov to LW and play opposite Zuccarello which could actually work. Especially if you move Eriksson-Ek up between them.

Parise-Bjugstad-Fiala
Kaprizov-JEE-Zuccarello
Greenway-Bonino-Foligno
Sturm-Rask-Hartman

Additional thoughts,

Big Rig has looked good so far this year, keep him on the 3rd line where he's excelled.

Moose has looked good on the right as our 3RW, keep him there and resist the urge to switch wing positions with Greenway when they're both playing well enough where they are.

Just my opinion, but food for thought none the less.
jnowariak a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2021 à 17 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: RazWild
I really dislike any line that moves Fiala back to LW. Experience has shown he is far more dominant and just simply, better, playing his offwing. Otherwise he was horrendous when playing on the left for us, and doesn't brim me with confidence. Given his breakout last year and his play so far this year, sure, maybe he won't be as bad. But, again, I have doubts.

Furthermore, because Zuccarello strictly plays the right as well. I don't see Fiala and him being a good match. If anything, I would suggest switching Kaprizov to LW and play opposite Zuccarello which could actually work. Especially if you move Eriksson-Ek up between them.

Parise-Bjugstad-Fiala
Kaprizov-JEE-Zucarello
Greenway-Bonino-Foligno
Sturm-Rask-Hartman

Additional thoughts,

Big Rig has looked good so far this year, keep him on the 3rd line where he's excelled.

Moose has looked good on the right as our 3RW, keep him there and resist the urge to switch wing positions with Greenway when they're both playing well enough where they are.

I’m on board for everything you said, especially the part about letting Kevin be Kevin. The real question though, Mojo or Rask? I find it hard to believe MoJo won’t be playing and I really like the idea of him on that 4th line.
26 janv. 2021 à 18 h 14

Parise-Bjugstad-Fiala
Kaprizov-JEE-Zuccarello
Greenway-Bonino-Foligno
Sturm-Rask-Hartman

Additional thoughts,

I'm not worried about Fiala on the LW. He had a 20g season in NSH as a LW. Him on the RW was because the team had all LHS wings.
26 janv. 2021 à 18 h 26
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,130
I’m on board for everything you said, especially the part about letting Kevin be Kevin. The real question though, Mojo or Rask? I find it hard to believe MoJo won’t be playing and I really like the idea of him on that 4th line.

To be honest, I completely spaced out on Mojo when thinking out the roster there. 😆

But after mulling it over, I don't think the answer will be a popular one. But let me try to explain my reasoning here anyway.

The main issue at hand, is the same as it's always been, an overabundance of wingers and not enough roster spots. Ironically we don't have enough right now with Lizard out of the lineup and as we saw when Sturm was out do to sickness. Hunt played LW for us.

That's a problem. But it'll be the opposite once Zuccarello's back, so how do we balance everyone and who do we play.

For me, Sturm's earned the right to play on this roster. He's been absolutely rock solid out there and looked fantastic doing it. Tradition says he's the odd man out, but I wouldn't do it. Keep the kid in there, we need his energy.

Rask? He hasn't been great the last few games and that comes as no surprise. But here's the unpopular bit, I play him over Mojo right now. I'll say why below...

Hartman? He's been an absolute stud, bottom line is he's not coming out.

Overall that 4th line has looked great so far this year. I don't know what it is. Chemistry? Overall fit? But right now it just works, don't mess with it.

Here's what I propose, in order to keep Mojo in the lineup. It relies heavily on his positional flexibility and why I think he's perfect for the role.

One thing we know for certain is this season is going to be an absolute grind, and we're already seeing the effects of playing a baseball type style season. The wear and tear on players is real. Especially our players that are currently over 30 years old.

After Zuccarello gets back into the lineup, rotate one of Parise, Zuccarello and Bonino and give them a night off every third game. Mojo plays in their place.

Mojo stays in the lineup and the Old Guys stay rested.

Thoughts?
jnowariak et MNBassman a aimé ceci.
26 janv. 2021 à 18 h 31
To be honest, I completely spaced out on Mojo when thinking out the roster there. 😆

But after mulling it over, I don't think the answer will be a popular one. But let me try to explain, my reasoning here anyway.

The main issue at hand, is the same as it's always been, an overabundance of wingers and not enough roster spots. Ironically we don't have enough right now with Lizard out of the lineup and as we saw when Sturm was out do to sickness. Hunt played LW for us.

That's a problem. But it'll be the opposite once Zuccarello's back, so how do we balance everyone and who do we play.

For me, Sturm's earned the right to play on this roster. He's been absolutely rock solid out there and looked fantastic doing it. Tradition says he's the odd man out, but I wouldn't do it. Keep the kid in there, we need his energy.

Rask? He hasn't been great the last few games and that comes as no surprise. But here's the unpopular bit, I play him over Mojo right now. I'll say why below...

Overall that 4th line has looked great so far this year. I don't know what it is. Chemistry? Overall fit? But right now it just works, don't mess with it.

Here's what I propose, in order to keep Mojo in the lineup. It relies heavily on his positional flexibility and why I think he's perfect for the role.

One thing we know for certain is this season is going to be an absolute grind, and we're already seeing the effects of playing a baseball type style season. The wear and tear on players is real. Especially our players that are currently over 30 years old.

After Zuccarello gets back into the lineup, rotate one of Parise, Zuccarello and Bonino and give them a night off every third game. Mojo plays in their place.

Thoughts?

To me it's a choice between MarJo, Bjugstad, and Rask for the pressbox (Hartman and Strum have played themselves into the lineup):
-I don't think the GM won't let MarJo be pressboxed, it makes his Staal trade look even more awful.
-Rask is Rask but I think he's outplayed MarJo.
-Bjugstad can be pressboxed and say we're trying to save our conditional 7th? He's outplayed both Rask and MarJo.
26 janv. 2021 à 18 h 53
Démarrer sujet

But after mulling it over, I don't think the answer will be a popular one. But let me try to explain my reasoning here anyway.

Thoughts?

I don’t hate it, I’ll tell you that much. I’ve overlooked how important rest will be down the stretch too.

As for the 4th line, I think MoJo’s skating would better serve Sturm and Hartman (who I agree have been fantastic). Maybe Sturm goes back to C or MoJo gets some reps in getting the hang of it again. The other thing I like about this is it showcases MoJo in the role he will play on a Playoff team, which really should matter right now. I understand there’s a risk of ruining some line chemistry but I’m willing to take that. I’m also confident in Rask coming off the bench if MoJo does rotate up in the lineup.

I like the idea of MoJo rotating, but I’m less sold on the idea of Rask playing over him for the time being.
27 janv. 2021 à 13 h 45
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 459
I'm tired of Mojo stick checking and being out of position. It's time to cut bait with him. When I can honestly say that Rask is the better player, there's something definitely wrong. So I'd do it like this

Fiala Bonino Zuccarello
Greenway Ek Kaprizov
Parise Bjugstad Foligno
Sturm Rask Hartman

Bonino has been our best guy on the faceoffs this year. Parise and Foligno together could be really tough to play against. We lose a clear shutdown line, but the lack of chances from the top two lines has been embarrassing. They need to be broken up. Also I like the way that Greenway and Ek clear space for Kaprizov to work.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage