Forums/Armchair-GM

Pens Adding a D

Créé par: Coleharborcrosby
Équipe: 2020-21 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 22 janv. 2021
Publié: 22 janv. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I like Zadorov to fill a bottom pairing role. Adds a size/physical element I think this team is lacking on D.

Chicago gets Ceci and Riikola for depth plus a 2nd. Ceci could be flipped at deadline for a late round pick if they wanted.

If this happens then I think they look to move MP or Matheson closer to deadline. POJ is there as well and can step in.

Pens are in unfortunate situation with Matheson as I fear he is going to struggle to come back from injury and make a positive impact.
Transactions
CHI
  1. Ceci, Cody
  2. Riikola, Juuso
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2021 (PIT)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de WSH
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $79 656 842 $0 $1 700 000 $1 843 158 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
2 940 000 $2 940 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 3
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA - 2
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
UFA - 6
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
863 333 $863 333 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AD, C, AG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DD
UFA - 1
DG
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
22 janv. 2021 à 15 h 44
I want Gourde back
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,370
He's certainly a big, physical force
22 janv. 2021 à 15 h 47
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 367
Quoting: imawesome
He's certainly a big, physical force

Yes and that`s what I think the Pens lack right now. They don`t need a "goon" but having a big, physical force on bottom pairing would be nice. It`s not like Zadorov is offensively inept either.

I would really like this add. Other targets could be Dermott or Merrill but I would much rather add Zadorov even if it meant giving up a bit more.
imawesome a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2021 à 16 h 22
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,300
Modifié 22 janv. 2021 à 16 h 30
Hawks won't give up Zadarov for essentially a 2nd round pick as the other two players don't have much of any value to the Hawks plans. So what you're suggesting is Hawks moved Saad for a 2nd round pick, never will happen.

Calvin De Haan, at age 29, is probably not a part of the Hawks rebuild plans and would align better with the Pens age. He's also a way better defender then Zadarov.
exo2769 et Wadejos123 a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2021 à 17 h 16
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,676
Quoting: ChiHawk
Hawks won't give up Zadarov for essentially a 2nd round pick as the other two players don't have much of any value to the Hawks plans. So what you're suggesting is Hawks moved Saad for a 2nd round pick, never will happen.

Calvin De Haan, at age 29, is probably not a part of the Hawks rebuild plans and would align better with the Pens age. He's also a way better defender then Zadarov.

I was thinking this exact thing. Maybe Zadarov fits what PIT wants, but he's not someone that Hawks are looking to trade away. If there was interest in DeHaan, then I'm sure something can be done there and for a lower cost.
Wadejos123 et ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2021 à 18 h 52
Banni
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
A. giving up a lot for a rental because he's gone come Expansion draft.
B. it sucks up all the cap space. Which is going to cause huge problems if they try to improve the forward group. As there isn't much cap space there to send out.
It would basically be a one and final move, I'm not sure I want to do that because I'm not sure that 3rd line is the answer.
23 janv. 2021 à 14 h 41
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: pharrow
A. giving up a lot for a rental because he's gone come Expansion draft.
B. it sucks up all the cap space. Which is going to cause huge problems if they try to improve the forward group. As there isn't much cap space there to send out.
It would basically be a one and final move, I'm not sure I want to do that because I'm not sure that 3rd line is the answer.

Yes I agree they may want to tweak the forward group as well. If they make this trade and Zadorov fits then they can use MP or Matheson to bring in another F. POJ looks good and they can afford to trade another D if they need/want
23 janv. 2021 à 14 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: exo2769
I was thinking this exact thing. Maybe Zadarov fits what PIT wants, but he's not someone that Hawks are looking to trade away. If there was interest in DeHaan, then I'm sure something can be done there and for a lower cost.

I think the Hawks are better off trading Zadorov and using the cap space for a FA in offseason.

I doubt Zadorov wants to play in Chicago through a rebuild.
23 janv. 2021 à 15 h 31
Banni
Quoting: ChampEddy
Yes I agree they may want to tweak the forward group as well. If they make this trade and Zadorov fits then they can use MP or Matheson to bring in another F. POJ looks good and they can afford to trade another D if they need/want

what are you really gaining then if you are just going to swap one defenseman for another. MP is a good defenseman. You give up to swap and then end up giving up again to get a forward.
Sometimes it's best to let things play out. If your issue is the 3rd pairing, just play POJ and you got 5 quality defensemen. Not that I think POJ showed he was really ready yet, I don't think he is. But that was one game. But his shot is completely wild, and he turns the puck over. I mean his first realy play with the puck he passed it right back to NYI players and caused a 3 on 2.
The forwards ended up going back to get the puck from him or the defenseman taking it away from him so he didn't have to make that play. So he has a ways to go yet.
I think they have options. I think they have 6 potentially good, if not more defensemen on the roster. And it might not work out that way this year, but come next year, I think this team will be pretty deep on defense.
23 janv. 2021 à 16 h 53
Démarrer sujet
what are you really gaining then if you are just going to swap one defenseman for another. MP is a good defenseman. You give up to swap and then end up giving up again to get a forward.
Sometimes it's best to let things play out. If your issue is the 3rd pairing, just play POJ and you got 5 quality defensemen. Not that I think POJ showed he was really ready yet, I don't think he is. But that was one game. But his shot is completely wild, and he turns the puck over. I mean his first realy play with the puck he passed it right back to NYI players and caused a 3 on 2.
The forwards ended up going back to get the puck from him or the defenseman taking it away from him so he didn't have to make that play. So he has a ways to go yet.
I think they have options. I think they have 6 potentially good, if not more defensemen on the roster. And it might not work out that way this year, but come next year, I think this team will be pretty deep on defense.

I like POJ in a depth role until he proves himself more but Sullivan seemed pretty impressed with his game yesterday.

I just think the Pens are lacking a big, physical presence on D. I think adding a Zadorov type of player would be a good idea. They try and use MP in that role but that isn`t who he is. Would be a help to the goalies. Teams are having their way in front of the net.
23 janv. 2021 à 17 h 8
Banni
I like POJ in a depth role until he proves himself more but Sullivan seemed pretty impressed with his game yesterday.

I just think the Pens are lacking a big, physical presence on D. I think adding a Zadorov type of player would be a good idea. They try and use MP in that role but that isn`t who he is. Would be a help to the goalies. Teams are having their way in front of the net.

A. The coach isn't going to talk bad about the players. He's not Torts.
B. One guy is not going to change the team. We know this. It takes a full team commitment. But they just really aren't built like that.
C. That's what Matheson is suppose to be. Truth be told, MP is a better defenseman than Z, who is slow and wouldn't really fit the system they want to run.
This team has it's issues but truth is, size on defense isn't really it. No they don't have a 6'6 guy back there. But The only small one they have is Letang.
MP is 6'3
Marino is listed at 6'1 and 6'2
Ceci is 6'2
Maniscalco is 6'2
Dumo is 6'4
Matheson is 6'2

They aren't "small" on defense. It's not like they got Krug back there. But the mentality of the game is what it is, and that's on the coach and Z would probably get the Cole treatment if he started taking penalties.
23 janv. 2021 à 17 h 26
Démarrer sujet
A. The coach isn't going to talk bad about the players. He's not Torts.
B. One guy is not going to change the team. We know this. It takes a full team commitment. But they just really aren't built like that.
C. That's what Matheson is suppose to be. Truth be told, MP is a better defenseman than Z, who is slow and wouldn't really fit the system they want to run.
This team has it's issues but truth is, size on defense isn't really it. No they don't have a 6'6 guy back there. But The only small one they have is Letang.
MP is 6'3
Marino is listed at 6'1 and 6'2
Ceci is 6'2
Maniscalco is 6'2
Dumo is 6'4
Matheson is 6'2

They aren't "small" on defense. It's not like they got Krug back there. But the mentality of the game is what it is, and that's on the coach and Z would probably get the Cole treatment if he started taking penalties.

I don`t think Matheson is that kind of player at all. He hardly hits or blocks shots. More of a quick, offensive type of dman which is fine but I still think they need a physical presence back there and those aren`t that easy to get. Not a goon, but a big, tough dman who can skate well enough to not hurt you. There aren`t many Zadorovs in the league. There are plenty of Mathesons and MP`s.
23 janv. 2021 à 17 h 57
Banni
I don`t think Matheson is that kind of player at all. He hardly hits or blocks shots. More of a quick, offensive type of dman which is fine but I still think they need a physical presence back there and those aren`t that easy to get. Not a goon, but a big, tough dman who can skate well enough to not hurt you. There aren`t many Zadorovs in the league. There are plenty of Mathesons and MP`s.

Matheson is known for his rough play. He's not 6'6 but he will put guys on their but. Hell game one showed that when a guy went after Malkin, He hit the guy and sent him head first in the boards a second later.
And that + ability to skate well is why they got him.

The problem with Z is he has no legs. How's he gonna jump in the play and get back aka their system. He's not fast enough to do it.
At the end of the day you have to play hockey because guys like Oshie and OV are on the way out and the newer generation of players aren't trying to play that way.
That's an old dying breed much like you see in CBJ. It's not a "Tortz: team anymore. It's about getting faster and more skilled.
While I agree it works, it's needed, it's harder to find because most guys can't do both. Which is why defensemen are getting smaller.
The penguins skated all over WSH, they will continue to do so. Much like some of the other teams who try to play that way. You just need a few willing guys who are of normal size to hit.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage