Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 9,205
Thin prospect pool
22 janv. 2021 à 11 h 43
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Quoting: ChiHawk
Thin prospect pool

Not really. Especially considering Sandin is by all means still a prospect.
22 janv. 2021 à 11 h 47
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason

Robertson is probably a middle 6 winger. Sandin is hardly a lock for a 1st liner. Given that's the Leafs best prospects, none are top liners which makes the system a bit weak.
22 janv. 2021 à 11 h 54
Robertson is probably a middle 6 winger. Sandin is hardly a lock for a 1st liner. Given that's the Leafs best prospects, none are top liners which makes the system a bit weak.

Robertson and Amirov are both solid bets to be top 6 guys (though I'm not as high on Amirov yet as some people seem to be). Sandin has done nothing but impress since being drafted, looks like his floor is a good 2nd pair Dman. The high end is average at worst and the depth is good. It's a pretty solid prospect pool.
22 janv. 2021 à 11 h 58
Robertson and Amirov are both solid bets to be top 6 guys (though I'm not as high on Amirov yet as some people seem to be). Sandin has done nothing but impress since being drafted, looks like his floor is a good 2nd pair Dman. It's a pretty solid prospect pool.

Compared to other teams, it's an okay prospect pool. Robertson being the best prospect isn't as good as half the teams or more in the NHL when looking at their top prospects.
22 janv. 2021 à 12 h 24
Modifié 22 janv. 2021 à 12 h 40
Compared to other teams, it's an okay prospect pool. Robertson being the best prospect isn't as good as half the teams or more in the NHL when looking at their top prospects.

One prospect doesn't determine the quality of a pool. Look at Carolina; Jarvis as their top guy is middle of the pack, yet they have a top 5 (depending on who you ask) system in the league. Not saying the Leafs prospect pool is elite or anything, but it's pretty solid. Average at worst.
22 janv. 2021 à 13 h 46
Démarrer sujet
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196

I didn't make this
22 janv. 2021 à 14 h 46
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
I didn't make this

I'm aware.
22 janv. 2021 à 16 h 17
One prospect doesn't determine the quality of a pool. Look at Carolina; Jarvis as their top guy is middle of the pack, yet they have a top 5 (depending on who you ask) system in the league. Not saying the Leafs prospect pool is elite or anything, but it's pretty solid. Average at worst.

Carolina is a bad example. Leafs pool is average at best. Compare them to LA, Chicago, Colorado, OTT, Vegas, NYR, MTL, list goes on and on
22 janv. 2021 à 17 h 6
Modifié 22 janv. 2021 à 17 h 13
Carolina is a bad example. Leafs pool is average at best. Compare them to LA, Chicago, Colorado, OTT, Vegas, NYR, MTL, list goes on and on

Carolina was a perfect example. I wasn't comparing them to the Leafs, I was pointing out that the level of a pools #1 prospect doesn't determine the overall quality, which you seemed to be heavily suggesting. As for comparing them to those teams - why? I've already said I'm not claiming that they have an elite prospect pool, but to call it thin is just frankly incorrect.

Chicago also does not belong on that list.
22 janv. 2021 à 17 h 41
Carolina was a perfect example. I wasn't comparing them to the Leafs, I was pointing out that the level of a pools #1 prospect doesn't determine the overall quality, which you seemed to be heavily suggesting. As for comparing them to those teams - why? I've already said I'm not claiming that they have an elite prospect pool, but to call it thin is just frankly incorrect.

Chicago also does not belong on that list.

Kirby Dach, Adam Boqvist, Ian Mitchell are all better then Sandin and Robertson

Leafs are average or slightly below average in the league but not above average for sure
22 janv. 2021 à 18 h 27
Kirby Dach, Adam Boqvist, Ian Mitchell are all better then Sandin and Robertson

Leafs are average or slightly below average in the league but not above average for sure

Dach and Boqvist became full time NHL'ers last year - not really prospects. Ian Mitchell... Very good prospect, as are Sandin (and if you don't want to count him as a prospect because he's not Calder eligible, fine) and Robertson, but to declare that Mitchell is objectively the best is just homerism.
22 janv. 2021 à 20 h 53
Dach and Boqvist became full time NHL'ers last year - not really prospects. Ian Mitchell... Very good prospect, as are Sandin (and if you don't want to count him as a prospect because he's not Calder eligible, fine) and Robertson, but to declare that Mitchell is objectively the best is just homerism.

Mitchell is better then Sandin right now, without question. Robertson is a question comparably as we've only seen him in 1 game.
22 janv. 2021 à 21 h 34
Modifié 22 janv. 2021 à 21 h 41
Mitchell is better then Sandin right now, without question. Robertson is a question comparably as we've only seen him in 1 game.

Based on what?

And regardless, the measure of a prospects quality in comparison with another, especially when there's an age gap, isn't determined solely by who's better at a given moment in time.
22 janv. 2021 à 23 h 4
Based on what?

And regardless, the measure of a prospects quality in comparison with another, especially when there's an age gap, isn't determined solely by who's better at a given moment in time.

It is when you are considering the strength of the prospect system. 1 year age difference with Sandin having 2 years of prior pro experience versus Mitchell zero. Based on play in 5 games, Ian Mitchell is fitting into the NHL like he's been playing in it for a year or two, not looking out of place at all. Mitchell right now is the better prospect. Could that change in a year or 3 or at the end of their careers? Of course, but right now, Mitchell is a stronger prospect IMO and a reason he was one of the hottest defenders turning pro this season.
23 janv. 2021 à 1 h 15
Modifié 23 janv. 2021 à 1 h 28
It is when you are considering the strength of the prospect system. 1 year age difference with Sandin having 2 years of prior pro experience versus Mitchell zero. Based on play in 5 games, Ian Mitchell is fitting into the NHL like he's been playing in it for a year or two, not looking out of place at all. Mitchell right now is the better prospect. Could that change in a year or 3 or at the end of their careers? Of course, but right now, Mitchell is a stronger prospect IMO and a reason he was one of the hottest defenders turning pro this season.

The strength of the prospect system is irrelevant to that point. Having two years of successful pro experience before the age of 20 is nothing but a credit to Sandin. You can say the exact same thing about Sandin fitting into the NHL as you did about Mitchell, except Sandin was doing it at 19 compared to 22. Where's the evidence that Mitchell is currently the better player or the better prospect? You're presenting pure conjecture/opinion as fact without any type of support.
23 janv. 2021 à 11 h 51
The strength of the prospect system is irrelevant to that point. Having two years of successful pro experience before the age of 20 is nothing but a credit to Sandin. You can say the exact same thing about Sandin fitting into the NHL as you did about Mitchell, except Sandin was doing it at 19 compared to 22. Where's the evidence that Mitchell is currently the better player or the better prospect? You're presenting pure conjecture/opinion as fact without any type of support.

Simply watching the two play, Sandin, like Boqvist, are not nearly looking as good as Mitchell has in his first 5 games. Yes, age is part of that with both those two not being ready but Mitchell clearly is ready. Speaks a lot about Mitchell.
23 janv. 2021 à 14 h 27
Simply watching the two play, Sandin, like Boqvist, are not nearly looking as good as Mitchell has in his first 5 games. Yes, age is part of that with both those two not being ready but Mitchell clearly is ready. Speaks a lot about Mitchell.

Ah, yes, 'watching them play'... Okay man.

There's clearly an unwavering bias here and consequently does not seem to be a point in continuing the conversation any further. Have a good one.
23 janv. 2021 à 22 h 44
Ah, yes, 'watching them play'... Okay man.

There's clearly an unwavering bias here and consequently does not seem to be a point in continuing the conversation any further. Have a good one.

I've watched Sandin like you plenty of times in the NHL. He's been clearly overwhelmed more often then not so far. All I'm saying, is as of now, that has not been the case with Mitchell which clearly shows Mitchell is the better player right now....not rocket science man
24 janv. 2021 à 1 h 54
Modifié 24 janv. 2021 à 2 h 0
I've watched Sandin like you plenty of times in the NHL. He's been clearly overwhelmed more often then not so far. All I'm saying, is as of now, that has not been the case with Mitchell which clearly shows Mitchell is the better player right now....not rocket science man

I said good day!

No, but seriously, I may have gotten a little heated; apologies. My main issue with this is the proclamation of what is clearly your own perception/opinion as the naked truth.

I have seen both of them play as well. I can say that Mitchell has been clearly overwhelmed (I don't think he has) whereas Sandin hasn't (I don't think he has) and therefore Sandin is undoubtedly the better player/prospect. Why should my word on that be gospel? See what I mean?

I'm not saying that Mitchell is a bum and Sandin is God; not even saying that Sandin is better. But who are either of us to say "I've seen them both play and conclusively decided that this is the way it is"? It's not like we're comparing Crosby to Joe Nobody. These are two good, young players, neither of whom have played significant time, and each with their own strengths and weaknesses (i.e From what I've seen of Mitchell he's been great at tracking his man in his own zone and even though he's not the biggest guy, is good in physical situations - pinning guys/winning pucks along the boards, sticks to his man in front and ties the stick/doesn't give up body position - he's mobile, but I'd like to see him utilize his feet more in the O-zone by exploring the ice a bit to make himself and his teammates more dangerous with puck possession, and he could more often take the extra half second when making a breakout/transition pass, because when he does have that patience he makes spot on passes that bring play the right direction, but when he doesn't it more often then not results in a turnover or dead play. Sandin I found to be the almost opposite - Got out-muscled more often then you'd like even though he's usually in the right position though at times he did get puck watching, but very rarely rushed a play and had great O-zone awareness - actively found ways to involve himself in the play to create chances). Tough to draw from that, that one player is objectively superior to the other, no questions asked.

Idk. I think we've both wasted a sufficient amount of time/thought this; I know I have. They're both great young Dmen and it'll be exciting to see their careers pan out. I'm just gonna leave it at that.
ChiHawk a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 23 h 54
I said good day!

No, but seriously, I may have gotten a little heated; apologies. My main issue with this is the proclamation of what is clearly your own perception/opinion as the naked truth.

I have seen both of them play as well. I can say that Mitchell has been clearly overwhelmed (I don't think he has) whereas Sandin hasn't (I don't think he has) and therefore Sandin is undoubtedly the better player/prospect. Why should my word on that be gospel? See what I mean?

I'm not saying that Mitchell is a bum and Sandin is God; not even saying that Sandin is better. But who are either of us to say "I've seen them both play and conclusively decided that this is the way it is"? It's not like we're comparing Crosby to Joe Nobody. These are two good, young players, neither of whom have played significant time, and each with their own strengths and weaknesses (i.e From what I've seen of Mitchell he's been great at tracking his man in his own zone and even though he's not the biggest guy, is good in physical situations - pinning guys/winning pucks along the boards, sticks to his man in front and ties the stick/doesn't give up body position - he's mobile, but I'd like to see him utilize his feet more in the O-zone by exploring the ice a bit to make himself and his teammates more dangerous with puck possession, and he could more often take the extra half second when making a breakout/transition pass, because when he does have that patience he makes spot on passes that bring play the right direction, but when he doesn't it more often then not results in a turnover or dead play. Sandin I found to be the almost opposite - Got out-muscled more often then you'd like even though he's usually in the right position though at times he did get puck watching, but very rarely rushed a play and had great O-zone awareness - actively found ways to involve himself in the play to create chances). Tough to draw from that, that one player is objectively superior to the other, no questions asked.

Idk. I think we've both wasted a sufficient amount of time/thought this; I know I have. They're both great young Dmen and it'll be exciting to see their careers pan out. I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Fair statement
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage