Forums/Armchair-GM

Thoughts on the game

Créé par: Claesson4Norris
Équipe: 2020-21 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 15 janv. 2021
Publié: 15 janv. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
What a great return after 310 days of waiting. They looked exactly like they said they want to look this year. They played hard physically and out worked their competition. Granted they were against the softest team in the league, but it was still a great effort.

THOUGHTS:

The Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line came to play. Brady had a huge night with a goal and two assists, and was his usual asshole self, and Norris and Batherson both picked up a pair of apples. I thought Batherson was the best player on the ice tonight. He was dynamic and powerful, and looked like a huge threat.

Matt Murray looked really solid imo. I didn't love the Tavares goal, but it's John Tavares, and sometimes you get beat. I think overall he was in the right position and generally looked pretty composed. I still have some concerns with him, but that was about as good a start as you could really hope.

Stützle was pretty quiet, but didn't play much, and showed flashes of brilliance. Had a really beautiful post to Stepan, which didn't amount to much, but was a good sample of what he's going to be able to do. I've preached patience with him, and I think it might take him a few games before he really has a big showing, but there were some great signs to start.

The Defense: They had moments early where they looked overwhelmed, but generally I liked what I saw. They battled hard and generally did a good job keeping things to the outside. Zaitsev played probably his best game as a Senator, and that has nothing to do with his two assists. He played well relatively defensively all things considered, so hopefully he can build on that through the season. I really liked the Coburn-J.Brown pairing, and thought they did a great job of blocking out and taking the body. I'd expect Reilly to Draw in tomorrow, but if Coburn continues that kind of intensity, he'll see a lot of play this year. Wolanin had a few missteps, especially when he tried to force stretch passes a few times, but he looked so confident skating with the puck on his stick, which is what you want to see. He's probably rustier than most, so that he was as good as he was is probably a good sign even if he was far from perfect. Chabot took too many penalties, but he was very clearly Chabot, and I think he's going to hit a new level this year, especially defensively. Looked really engaged in his own zone and didn't shy away from physicality at all. I'm predicting he finishes top 10 in Norris votes. I also liked Gudbranson well enough.

The Power Play: by far the most impressive part of the game was how fresh that PP looked. The additions of Norris, Dadonov and Batherson to the 1st unit gave them way more options on entries, and it led to them being able to consistently enter the zone with possession, which is an issue that has plagued them for years. Batherson especially deserves a lot of credit on that front, as I thought he was great at entering with control, and that led to way more sustained pressure. I think they also did a much better job of moving their feet and creating dynamic chances. For years the issue has been that they would just cycle the puck without really moving to make new openings, and it made them easy to defend against. The changes were on full display on the first goal, where Norris and Chabot cycle around leading to Chabot opening a seam for Batherson to find a beautiful pass. Really didn't like the personnel on the 2nd unit, but once White is back in the lineup I think it will improve.

The Bottom Six: i thought Nick Paul was one of the best players on the ice tonight. He was a positive impact in all zones, and was creating chances and taking away pucks really well. Tierney and Brown were also very good tonight. I'll also give Watson some credit, as he made his presence known, and did a great job of punking out Simmonds which was fun.

The only players who really stood out negatively to me were Paquette and Anisimov. Anisimov looked slow, and made some big mistakes defensively, and Paquette similarly looked overwhelmed in his own end and took a stupid penalty that led to a goal. I would expect one will come out for White tomorrow.
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de SJS
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de TBL
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2481 500 000 $66 716 749 $0 $5 952 500 $14 783 251 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
3 600 000 $3 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 1
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
C
UFA - 2
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
730 833 $730 833 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG
RFA - 1
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 1
749 250 $749 250 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
UFA - 2
736 666 $736 666 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 687 500 $4 687 500 $
G
UFA - 4
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
DG
NTC
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
925 000 $925 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
768 333 $768 333 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 3
735 000 $735 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, C
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 janv. 2021 à 22 h 54
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 23,514
I thought the Leafs played like a team that relies only on skill to win and not much effort. It’s like they expect to win based off skill.
sensibleguy a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2021 à 22 h 56
GenericUsername489
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 259
Coburn should've got penalized for suplexing Mikheyev but he played way better than I thought he would.
15 janv. 2021 à 22 h 59
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Gonna be a bit salty and say that Andersen's -2.46 GSAx played a role in the Senators win tonight.
15 janv. 2021 à 23 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 11,894
Quoting: GenericUsername489
Coburn should've got penalized for suplexing Mikheyev but he played way better than I thought he would.

That was ****ing awesome. My only complaint is that he didn't hook the leg and go for the 3 count lol. I loved it
15 janv. 2021 à 23 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: mondo
Gonna be a bit salty and say that Andersen's -2.46 GSAx played a role in the Senators win tonight.

He definitely played like ass, but the Leafs weren't really that threatening considering the talent on that team. They still struggled to get to the middle of the ice,and one of the only guys who did, scored a goal that probably shouldn't have counted (though it was super close, and will basically never be called back). The better team tonight definitely won.

I'm hoping the Sens see a lot of Freddy this year.
15 janv. 2021 à 23 h 7
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,207
Quoting: csick
I thought the Leafs played like a team that relies only on skill to win and not much effort. It’s like they expect to win based off skill.

shhh TheLeafsSeason will come and blow this out of proportion if you say it too loud

Leafs dominated sometimes, sometimes broke down. Brodie and Andersen had tough games in particular.
15 janv. 2021 à 23 h 15
Serf
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,461
Modifié 15 janv. 2021 à 23 h 37
I saw more negatives than positives, but at least the leafs were worse.

Positives
Stuetzle will be good sooner than later. He wasn’t great, but he wasn’t bad either. Nice first game. He’ll improve quickly.
Murray was okay. One unlucky high goal, one bad goal.

Not positive or negative
Batherson, Tierney, CBrown, Paul, Tkachuk, Chabot, Zaitsev, Gudbranson as expected, mostly.
Coburn and JBrown were as expected, and played minutes reflective of that

Negatives
Stepan was slow, and didn’t show top6 skill, imo.
Dadonov was held back by Stuetzle’s inexperience and Stepan’s decline. He’ll be better though.
Norris looked overmatched, but he never gave up, which is kinda good, but not positive
4th line - Anisimov was okay, and Watson had some good moments, but Paquette was replaceable.
Wolanin looked overmatched as well

The PP was frustrating, but it’s been frustrating for years now
PK was as expected, maybe a little better than expected

It’s one game, but I would swap White in for Paquette, not sure if Reilly would be better than Wolanin.

We all see different things, because we’re all watching different things during the game.

Watson on pace for 112 goals, I say he gets it. This basically means, ignore who got goals and assists the first game, it’s the first game.

Edit: I swear I heard the broadcast team say Watson had his second. I wasn’t paying attention to who was scoring the goals, or assisting, I was focusing on specific players at specific times. As I mentioned earlier though, it doesn’t matter who scores in the first game. What matters is who’s consistently scoring or assisting.
15 janv. 2021 à 23 h 17
Démarrer sujet

Craig Button ripped them post game for exactly that lol. They tried to play pond hockey against a team that will make you miserable if you don't show up.

I was particularly disappointed in Wayne Simmonds, who was supposed to be brought in specifically for that reason, and who I thought looked intimated when confronted by a guy like Watson. He only wanted to get vocal with like 30 seconds left as he was heading to the bench. I want there to be hate in this rivalry, and thought Wayne Train was going to spark that, but he was a no show which was a let down.
sensibleguy et csick a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2021 à 23 h 18
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
Modifié 16 janv. 2021 à 0 h 10
You guys look legitimately competitive, what were the lines?
15 janv. 2021 à 23 h 23
KFTW
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
You guys look legitimateky competitive, what were the lines?

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Stepan-Dadonov
Paul-Tierney-C.Brown
Paquette-Anisimov-Watson

Galchenyuk, White

Chabot-Gudbranson
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Coburn-Brown
15 janv. 2021 à 23 h 25
Démarrer sujet
You guys look legitimateky competitive, what were the lines?

They went to the line blender a bit, but mostly it was

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-Tierney-C.Brown
Stützle-Stepan-Dadonov
Paquette Anisimov-Watson

Chabot-Zaitsev (started with Gudbranson)
Wolanin-Gudbranson(started with Zaitsev)
Coburn-J.Brown
sensibleguy a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2021 à 23 h 35
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,305
Think you're gonna have to change your name to
Zaitsev4Norris..
16 janv. 2021 à 0 h 8
Rangers 2023
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 5,430
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
They went to the line blender a bit, but mostly it was

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Paul-Tierney-C.Brown
Stützle-Stepan-Dadonov
Paquette Anisimov-Watson

Chabot-Zaitsev (started with Gudbranson)
Wolanin-Gudbranson(started with Zaitsev)
Coburn-J.Brown

How would you feel about brown on LW, white at 2RW and paul over paquette?
16 janv. 2021 à 0 h 21
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 8,968
Quoting: sensibleguy

Positives
Stuetzle will be good sooner than later. He wasn’t great, but he wasn’t bad either. Nice first game. He’ll improve quickly.

Not positive or negative
Batherson, Tierney, CBrown, Paul, Tkachuk, Chabot, Zaitsev, Gudbranson as expected, mostly.

Negatives
Dadonov was held back by Stuetzle’s inexperience and Stepan’s decline. He’ll be better though.
Norris looked overmatched, but he never gave up, which is kinda good, but not positive
4th line - Anisimov was okay, and Watson had some good moments, but Paquette was replaceable.

It’s one game, but I would swap White in for Paquette, not sure if Reilly would be better than Wolanin.

We all see different things, because we’re all watching different things during the game.

Watson on pace for 112 goals, I say he gets it. This basically means, ignore who got goals and assists the first game, it’s the first game.

Edit: I swear I heard the broadcast team say Watson had his second. I wasn’t paying attention to who was scoring the goals, or assisting, I was focusing on specific players at specific times. As I mentioned earlier though, it doesn’t matter who scores in the first game. What matters is who’s consistently scoring or assisting.

I think this is being pretty critical. I think Paul had a great game, and Watson did exactly what was expected of him and then some. Batherson looked great and Norris had his moments all around, can't expect him to be perfect right away but he was definitely better than I was expecting. I'd at least have Norris/Watson neutral, and Batherson/Paul positive, maybe Watson too. I also think Tkachuk was great obviously. At the end of the day we stuck around and won a game that looked like it shoulda been over in the first. I wouldn't expect a great result tomorrow, but we took 2 points from a favourite to win the division, and proved that we're a pesky, physical team that won't go down without a fight, with some talented young kids that will use this as a good development year.
16 janv. 2021 à 1 h 33
Démarrer sujet
How would you feel about brown on LW, white at 2RW and paul over paquette?

That would be my ideal. White is a good defensive forward with skill, and playing with two 40 points guys would be way better for him than playing on the 4th line. It won't happen but if you put Chlapik in over Anisimov as 4C, you've basically got my perfect lineup.
16 janv. 2021 à 2 h 7
Serf
Quoting: Alfie11
I think this is being pretty critical. I think Paul had a great game, and Watson did exactly what was expected of him and then some. Batherson looked great and Norris had his moments all around, can't expect him to be perfect right away but he was definitely better than I was expecting. I'd at least have Norris/Watson neutral, and Batherson/Paul positive, maybe Watson too. I also think Tkachuk was great obviously. At the end of the day we stuck around and won a game that looked like it shoulda been over in the first. I wouldn't expect a great result tomorrow, but we took 2 points from a favourite to win the division, and proved that we're a pesky, physical team that won't go down without a fight, with some talented young kids that will use this as a good development year.

You’re saying a lot of the same things I did.

Paul is a good shutdown forward. He’s not great, but he does his job well and is reliable. That’s what he did tonight. Paul played the way he was expected to. That’s not a negative, but it also isn’t a positive. He did his job as expected. When you do your job at work, do you expect a bonus for doing your job, as expected? Maybe a, well done you did what you we’re supposed to do? I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just putting it into perspective.

Watson did okay too. You want to throw flower wreaths around his neck for doing the job of a 4th line winger, as expected? He had his moments, just like any other 4th line winger does. The leafs playing poorly doesn’t make Watson a better player. He didn’t play well enough to be moved to the 3rd line, imo.

Batherson wasn’t great, that’s confirmation bias. He only had 23 NHL games last season, and he’s still young, and getting better, but he wasn’t great. I didn’t make any negative comments about Batherson, and he made a nice pass through the home plate that was pretty good, but he’s supposed to be able to do that. That’s his skill set. We’re going to see a lot more of those in the years to come.

Norris was dominated in the face off circle, losing 9 of 12 face offs, but he’s still young, and will get better, guaranteed. He was pushed around but he kept battling. He was never really able to use his speed, but that will come as he gets more acclimated.

I saw both Norris and Batherson looking around in the D zone at times, but I also saw Norris man to man checking a forward away from the puck really well in one sequence. He was with him like glue, not interfering, and not giving him any space to get open. It was the younger winger, I think he’s a winger, Mikheyev, iirc. So it’s not all negative, but he was out muscled enough throughout the game to tip the scales that way.

I really hope Norris becomes an above average 2C, and I think he’s on his way. Remember this was just his 4th NHL game.

Sure it’s nice to win the game, especially against Toronto, but it was more them losing than Ottawa winning, but I’ll take it, of course.
Alfie11 a aimé ceci.
16 janv. 2021 à 9 h 47
KFTW

Positives

Not positive or negative

Negatives

i dont know if we watched the same game. Tkachuk and Chabot looked like beasts. Nick Paul looked unstoppable. Drake Batherson looked like a 5 year old vet. Josh Norris looked like a solid 2 way player. I agree about the Stutzle-Stepan-Dadonov, they were invisible and need to play better. But the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line had 7pts and played amazing.
Claesson4Norris a aimé ceci.
16 janv. 2021 à 10 h 14
Serf
i dont know if we watched the same game. Tkachuk and Chabot looked like beasts. Nick Paul looked unstoppable. Drake Batherson looked like a 5 year old vet. Josh Norris looked like a solid 2 way player. I agree about the Stutzle-Stepan-Dadonov, they were invisible and need to play better. But the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line had 7pts and played amazing.

Apparently we didn’t. Try it without the rose coloured glasses.
16 janv. 2021 à 10 h 27
KFTW
Apparently we didn’t. Try it without the rose coloured glasses.

if you didnt see Paul, Batherson and Chabot as our 3 best players, idk what game you watched
16 janv. 2021 à 13 h 25
Serf
if you didnt see Paul, Batherson and Chabot as our 3 best players, idk what game you watched

Ottawa's 3 best players last night were Tkachuk, Chabot, and Connor Brown.

Chabot, was good, yes, although he had a couple of bad plays, but he was, as usual, the best D on the ice.

Paul was Paul, he wasn't any better, or worse than last season. Yes he's a beast, and I love the guy, but last night was his normal, and normal is being a beast. He was one of the best, almost top3, and the difference isn't enough to quibble over. I never posted anything negative about Paul, so I'm not really understanding why you need to defend him?

Batherson showed he belongs in the NHL, but he's not a beast, at least not yet.

Zaitsev was probably the second best D, followed by Gudbranson. As a squad, the D wasn't great, but they got the job done. It was great seeing the team play team defence.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage