SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season!

Did you watch or leave this thread?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 janv. 2021 à 22 h 37
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,448
Dallas Stars

HOLY SH*T WHAT A STEAL BY DOBBY ON ARVIDSSON.

Honestly if the guy keeps playing like this he'll be in Vezina talks. Two amazing games right there.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 22 h 41
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Modifié 24 janv. 2021 à 22 h 58
sharks.svgsharks.svgsharks.svgsharks.svg

SJS vs MIN Series Wrap

Game notes:

We needed a win tonight and we got one - great effort and a huge win.

What a game by Burns - my first star.

- Burnzie🥵 undressing an entire team🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 GAME WINNER - goal of the year candidate!

- I love these lines finally
- Donato has been DAMN good for us. He’s had the feel of “great a lot then a not great play” all season so far and tonight it’s been all great
- Vlasic had moments of failure and redemption
- Good showing from the defence overall
- Ferraro had a okay night. Had moments of being real good but wasn’t his best night overall.

SO FAR:

Martin Jones has been BACK in form; that of an actual goalie. I’d love to hear others thoughts. He did have 1 goal I woulda liked to see stopped but it was a PP rocket from Fiala. @TanSor @OutCold13 @papishark @RawZuccSauce420 @jfrojelin

But I’ve been thoroughly enjoying Jones’ effort and play so far. Must continue but he’s been good.

Final notes:
- Kane Labanc Meier all had underwhelming starts this year; they’re trying and it’s starting to workout for them. Not amazing games tonight (Meier had moments of frustration, Kane as well) but definitely improvements and played well.
- Gambrell and Gregor deserve to stay and run that 3rd line for now.
- Knyzhov continues to be solid.
- Can Sorensen be done - he’s taking way to many penalties for my liking from a 4th liner.
papishark, OutCold13 et TanSor a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 22 h 43
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,963
Any sharks or Kings fans able to comment on their teams..? Do the Sharks key players look like they are bouncing back? Does Doughty look like he is recovering from a down season? Both teams look pretty alright so far.

edit: yikes literally posted a massive review of the sharks the second i posted this, but i guess maybe expand

lastly how do you prunounce Knyzhov? (sharks and kings are two of few teams i havent watched any gameplay of this year)
yikes a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 22 h 47
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Wqrrior
Any sharks or Kings fans able to comment on their teams..? Do the Sharks key players look like they are bouncing back? Does Doughty look like he is recovering from a down season? Both teams look pretty alright so far.

edit: yikes literally posted a massive review of the sharks the second i posted this, but i guess maybe expand

Haha.

Umm here’s a very quick breakdown for SJS.

Meier = needs to still step up (similar to Labanc)
Labanc = mixed; bringing good and bad each night
Kane = same thing basically lol
Couture = indifferent
Hertl = still our best player
Karlsson = getting better every game, I’ll say he’s “elite” right now but still has room for a lot of improvement
Burns = been struggling but a HUGE GAME TONIGHT
Vlasic = garb
Ferraro = huge improvements he’s made
Donato = been awesome but still could be better
Dubnyk = good
Jones = is this a different Martin Jones, cause someone stole old 19/20 Jones. He’s been great.

A lot of our young guys are stepping up (knyzhov, Ferraro, Gregor, gambrell, Leonard)
Wqrrior et ConnorMcHellebucyk a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 22 h 50
Quoting: yikes
Haha.

Umm here’s a very quick breakdown for SJS.

Meier = needs to still step up (similar to Labanc)
Labanc = mixed; bringing good and bad each night
Kane = same thing basically lol
Couture = indifferent
Hertl = still our best player
Karlsson = getting better every game, I’ll say he’s “elite” right now but still has room for a lot of improvement
Burns = been struggling but a HUGE GAME TONIGHT
Vlasic = garb
Ferraro = huge improvements he’s made
Donato = been awesome but still could be better
Dubnyk = good
Jones = is this a different Martin Jones, cause someone stole old 19/20 Jones. He’s been great.

A lot of our young guys are stepping up (knyzhov, Ferraro, Gregor, gambrell, Leonard)

nice; thanks. how about the "new" faces? That defenseman, Leonard, Nieto, Gambrell, Gregor?
yikes a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 22 h 51
This whole forum thread just reminds me of how much I wish there was a CF discord server to discuss hockey on the fly....

Have made threads here loads about trying to start one up but requires the permission of the higher ups.

For now, since I can't directly advertise a channel link due to the rules here, feel free to add me w/ Wqrrior#5827 and I can try and link us together. (if this too isn't allowed tell me and ill remove it)
yikes a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 22 h 54
EklundCelebriniSmith
nice; thanks. how about the "new" faces? That defenseman, Leonard, Nieto, Gambrell, Gregor?

Knyzhov (lol idk how to type it pronunciation wise but Randy Hahn has been pronouncing it the way I thought it would be said); he’s been really impressing especially since he came outta nowhere and took the job and he’s keeping it.

Gregor shoulda not been scratched the other day but he made the coach eat it with a goal tonight (a nice one)

Leonard has been stellar most fans would say. He hasn’t gotten many points or a goal yet but he’s just real good/ fun to watch and makes the right plays mostly (especially for a rookie). Points should follow but if they don’t his play speaks louder than his production.

Gambrell and Nieto both been great, they both bring energy whenever they’re on.

Meier and Kane need to stop trying so hard I think and play like those two (Gambrell and Nieto), they have the skill to put up points but they’re trying to do too much. Come in and play with energy and more points will come (they still had points/ goals tonight but doesn’t mean I don’t have criticism for them).
24 janv. 2021 à 22 h 59
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226

lastly how do you prunounce Knyzhov? (sharks and kings are two of few teams i havent watched any gameplay of this year)

Most of the sharks are back. Hertl looks amazing, Meier and Kane have been on and off but overall good, Burns looks good. Donato is actually really good so far. Karlsson struggled for a while but now looking great in the O zone, D is still meh though. Vlasic is still Vlasic sadly, Jones is too early to tell.

Kin-ej-ov I think
yikes a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 23 h 2
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
This whole forum thread just reminds me of how much I wish there was a CF discord server to discuss hockey on the fly....

Have made threads here loads about trying to start one up but requires the permission of the higher ups.

For now, since I can't directly advertise a channel link due to the rules here, feel free to add me w/ Wqrrior#5827 and I can try and link us together. (if this too isn't allowed tell me and ill remove it)

Yes, I have to say, talking and debating hockey is my favorite part of this site, we need to keep this thread active post-season
yikes a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 23 h 14
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,292

There is a CF discord its just pretty dead

Edit, you are in it too
24 janv. 2021 à 23 h 42
Winnipeg Jets Edmonton Oilers

Why is Nikolaj Ehlers so good? That Stastny-Ehlers combo is lethal. Pulju showed flashes of why he was a 4th overall pick today. McDavid is obviously amazing, but I feel he has more to give. He's dominant and obviously the best in the NHL by a wide margin but if his off-puck play was better, he could be even better.
ConnorMcHellebucyk a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 23 h 44
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
As a bills fan, pain.
yikes et ConnorMcHellebucyk a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 23 h 45
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Thank god there wasn’t another 3 point game in the Canadian division. The Oilers and habs fan in me both rejoice.
24 janv. 2021 à 23 h 50
We are almost 1/8 done the season already flushed cheeks
24 janv. 2021 à 23 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,292
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Thank god there wasn’t another 3 point game in the Canadian division. The Oilers and habs fan in me both rejoice.

Only took Edmonton 7 games to pass Calgary in the standings
25 janv. 2021 à 0 h 24
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071

SJS vs MIN Series Wrap

Game notes:

- Burnzie🥵 undressing an entire team🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 GAME WINNER - goal of the year candidate!

- Donato has been DAMN good for us. He’s had the feel of “great a lot then a not great play” all season so far and tonight it’s been all great
- Ferraro had a okay night. Had moments of being real good but wasn’t his best night overall.

SO FAR:

Martin Jones has been BACK in form; that of an actual goalie. I’d love to hear others thoughts. He did have 1 goal I woulda liked to see stopped but it was a PP rocket from Fiala. @TanSor @OutCold13 @papishark @RawZuccSauce420 @jfrojelin

But I’ve been thoroughly enjoying Jones’ effort and play so far. Must continue but he’s been good.

Final notes:
- Kane Labanc Meier all had underwhelming starts this year; they’re trying and it’s starting to workout for them. Not amazing games tonight (Meier had moments of frustration, Kane as well) but definitely improvements and played well.
- Can Sorensen be done - he’s taking way to many penalties for my liking from a 4th liner.

In other news... The Wild need a top 6 center
OutCold13, yikes, AndrewLadd and 2 others a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2021 à 0 h 33
Hockey Fan13
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,487

SJS vs MIN Series Wrap

Game notes:

SO FAR:

Final notes:

Knyzhov looks like a solid find, the Minnesota announcers were pronouncing it Nize-ov not sure that it is the right way to pronounce his name but just another piece of information.

EK, Burns, Hurtl, and Kane all look like they are playing well. Donato honestly needed a opportunity he isn't hard on the puck and not particularly good on defense but he is a offensive weapon. Meier didn't show up at all, so that's concerning. Leonard and Gregor look they belong in the NHL. Couture looked like he was on cruise control, not helping or hurting the team.

Dubnyck looked better than he did last year so that's a bonus.
Jones isn't back but I think he is better, from what I've seen in my small sample size. He looks calm and collected, but I don't think his hands are as fast as they use to be. At least if he is playing under control he can give you average goaltending the last couple I think he was getting out of position a lot and that hurt him so in that way he looks a lot better.

This series here seemed like the Sharks possessed the puck a good majority of the time, I'm not sure if that's because the Sharks are that good or if it is because the Wild are that bad, but it seemed worth noting.
TanSor, papishark, yikes and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2021 à 0 h 43
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: TanSor
In other news... The Wild need a top 6 center

Is that the reason the Wild hardly had possession in this series? I mean that's what I felt like I saw in these last two games.

Also I want to talk about Kahkonen. What I'm seeing is a goalie who has good quickness/ reflexes. I don't want to say his fundamentals are bad but I see a few spots that need work. His first game this season his glove looked weak it looked better these last two appearances so not sure that's a issue. He really sits back in the net I would like to see him out a bit further cutting off angles and I think he goes down pretty quick like he is more comfortable playing on his knees but I'm not sure that's a problem in his game because it helps him take away a lot down low but he will have to keep his knees together better. He looks like a good athlete who may need more polish. Do you have any thoughts on him?
yikes et TanSor a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2021 à 2 h 13
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,226
Quoting: OutCold13
Is that the reason the Wild hardly had possession in this series? I mean that's what I felt like I saw in these last two games.

Also I want to talk about Kahkonen. What I'm seeing is a goalie who has good quickness/ reflexes. I don't want to say his fundamentals are bad but I see a few spots that need work. His first game this season his glove looked weak it looked better these last two appearances so not sure that's a issue. He really sits back in the net I would like to see him out a bit further cutting off angles and I think he goes down pretty quick like he is more comfortable playing on his knees but I'm not sure that's a problem in his game because it helps him take away a lot down low but he will have to keep his knees together better. He looks like a good athlete who may need more polish. Do you have any thoughts on him?

PLD shouldve been top priority for the wild if I was that GM. I know they wouldnt want to deal Rossi but it would change the fate of that team so much
yikes et OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2021 à 10 h 26
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: papishark
PLD shouldve been top priority for the wild if I was that GM. I know they wouldnt want to deal Rossi but it would change the fate of that team so much

I just don't think the Wild had what Jarmo was looking for.
25 janv. 2021 à 11 h 38
Quoting: papishark

Not sure I would have been too comfortable with that and if I'm Jarmo I'd rather have Laine than Fiala anyways
OutCold13, papishark et yikes a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2021 à 11 h 40
Quoting: OutCold13

I like what we've seen from Kahkonen. He's young and could use some refinement but I could see him being a really good backup for us at the least, average starter at best.
OutCold13 a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2021 à 12 h 36
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: TanSor
I like what we've seen from Kahkonen. He's young and could use some refinement but I could see him being a really good backup for us at the least, average starter at best.

I think he will definitely be a quality back up I guess I'm just thinking that the Wild fan base, myself included, may need to cool our jets on him a bit and let him develop a bit more the quickness and athletic ability I've seen makes me think he could be very good but at his age not sure how much of the technical stuff can still be fixed.
TanSor a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2021 à 13 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,201
Quoting: mondo
I hope the injury isn't serious.

Tkachuk is a punk for kneeling on his back in the closing minute. Otherwise a good game. Think the Toronto/Calgary games are going to be close and entertaining.

I'm late to this, but it wasn't even just kneeling. He straight up lifted and drove his left knee into Campbell's back/neck area. Piece of **** move.
MitchMarner_16 et leafs101 a aimé ceci.
25 janv. 2021 à 14 h 7
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
NHL

League suspends John Chayka for the rest of the season after his dispute with the coyotes.

What a joke of a franchise
yikes et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage