SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season!

Did you watch or leave this thread?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 janv. 2021 à 8 h 23
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Just thinking out loud here the aftermath of the yesterday's Dubois-Laine swap...think it was the first time the 2nd and 3rd overall picks of the same year got traded to each other. Just thinking, how different would certain teams out of last 10 years in the past have looked like if the teams had traded these said picks together...and would it have ever been a fair trade. or would it have been a total rip off from the get-go. The trades naturally would have had to happened 5 years after the draft, but naturally in some cases that would have been impossible as some of the players had already been traded by that point...but just think how weird would it have been to see, for instance, Drew Doughty in Winnipeg during his prime.

The hypothetical 2nd and 3rd overall pick trades between 2006-2016 (not including the latter ones since they're too young to this example
2005 - ANA trades Bobby Ryan to CAR in exchange to Jack Johnson - could've probably worked actually
2006 - PIT trades Jordan Staal to CHI in exchange to Jonathan Toews - well PIT obviously wins here lol
2007 - PHI trades James Van Riemsdyk to PHX in exchange to Kyle Turris - this would've actually been possible and a relatively fair trade back then
2008 - LA trades Drew Doughty to ATL in exchange to Zach Bogosian - LMAO
2009 - TB trades Victor Hedman to COL in exchange to Matt Duchene - Oof that would've been a major hit for TB
2010 - BOS trades Tyler Seguin to FLA in exchange to Erik Gudbranson - Jesus christ this was a bad idea...
2011 - COL trades Gabriel Landeskog to FLA in exchange to Jonathan Huberdeau - why COL always wins these lol
2012 - CBJ trades Ryan Murray to MTL in exchange to Alex Galchenyuk - another move that could've been possible and a relatively fair trade.
2013 - FLA trades Aleksander Barkov to TB in exchange to Jonathan Drouin - major hit for FLA as well
2014 - BUF trades Sam Reinhart to EDM in exchange to Leon Draisaitl - oh dear god...
2015 - BUF trades Jack Eichel to ARI in exchange to Dylan Strome - getting even worse...

This is naturally just useless speculating, but it would have been fun to see something like this happen.
MitchMarner_16, nickthehabsfan, AndrewLadd and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 8 h 43
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,360
Quoting: justaBoss
Just thinking out loud here the aftermath of the yesterday's Dubois-Laine swap...think it was the first time the 2nd and 3rd overall picks of the same year got traded to each other. Just thinking, how different would certain teams out of last 10 years in the past have looked like if the teams had traded these said picks together...and would it have ever been a fair trade. or would it have been a total rip off from the get-go. The trades naturally would have had to happened 5 years after the draft, but naturally in some cases that would have been impossible as some of the players had already been traded by that point...but just think how weird would it have been to see, for instance, Drew Doughty in Winnipeg during his prime.

The hypothetical 2nd and 3rd overall pick trades between 2006-2016 (not including the latter ones since they're too young to this example
2005 - ANA trades Bobby Ryan to CAR in exchange to Jack Johnson - could've probably worked actually
2006 - PIT trades Jordan Staal to CHI in exchange to Jonathan Toews - well PIT obviously wins here lol
2007 - PHI trades James Van Riemsdyk to PHX in exchange to Kyle Turris - this would've actually been possible and a relatively fair trade back then
2008 - LA trades Drew Doughty to ATL in exchange to Zach Bogosian - LMAO
2009 - TB trades Victor Hedman to COL in exchange to Matt Duchene - Oof that would've been a major hit for TB
2010 - BOS trades Tyler Seguin to FLA in exchange to Erik Gudbranson - Jesus christ this was a bad idea...
2011 - COL trades Gabriel Landeskog to FLA in exchange to Jonathan Huberdeau - why COL always wins these lol
2012 - CBJ trades Ryan Murray to MTL in exchange to Alex Galchenyuk - another move that could've been possible and a relatively fair trade.
2013 - FLA trades Aleksander Barkov to TB in exchange to Jonathan Drouin - major hit for FLA as well
2014 - BUF trades Sam Reinhart to EDM in exchange to Leon Draisaitl - oh dear god...
2015 - BUF trades Jack Eichel to ARI in exchange to Dylan Strome - getting even worse...

This is naturally just useless speculating, but it would have been fun to see something like this happen.

People forgot Jack Johnson was a 3rd overall pick and was traded 2 times
24 janv. 2021 à 8 h 47
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
People forgot Jack Johnson was a 3rd overall pick and was traded 2 times

This guy's career is full of issues
MitchMarner_16 et yikes a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 14 h 30
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,246
Anybody else seeing Craig Button making a clown of himself on twitter?
24 janv. 2021 à 14 h 31
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Anybody else seeing Craig Button making a clown of himself on twitter?

What’d he do
24 janv. 2021 à 14 h 51
Quoting: TheFlamingC
What’d he do

The way he's defending his blatantly wrong take about Winnipeg having the best Center ice position in the North and probably the league (while assuming that Stastny is moved to the wing, no less). Reaching back 5 years to compare p/g between Scheifele and Matthews as if that far back is relevant to what any player is today, let alone a guy who was in his rookie year. Completely ignoring per60 basis in his points evaluation because it basically destroys his stance. Replying to people who obviously have holes in their arguments, yet turning a blind eye to those who actually have good points that all but prove him wrong. Just kind of embarrassing for a guy like that, imo.
TheFlamingC a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 14 h 53
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
The way he's defending his blatantly wrong take about Winnipeg having the best Center ice position in the league (while assuming that Stastny is moved to the wing, no less). Reaching back 5 years to compare p/g between Scheifele and Matthews as if that far back is relevant to what any player is today, let alone a guy who was in his rookie year. Completely ignoring per60 basis in his points evaluation because it basically destroys his stance. Replying to people who obviously have holes in their arguments, yet turning a blind eye to those who actually have good points that all but prove him wrong. Just kind of embarrassing for a guy like that, imo.

Matthews Tavares
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 14 h 55
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
Matthews Tavares

McDavid Draisaitl

Edit: And people will say 'two guys isn't depth'. Button claims that Scheifele, Dubois, and Lowry is the best 1-2-3. McDavid, Draisaitl, and anybody is still better.
LeafsFan4Ever34 a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 14 h 58
The way he's defending his blatantly wrong take about Winnipeg having the best Center ice position in the league (while assuming that Stastny is moved to the wing, no less). Reaching back 5 years to compare p/g between Scheifele and Matthews as if that far back is relevant to what any player is today, let alone a guy who was in his rookie year. Completely ignoring per60 basis in his points evaluation because it basically destroys his stance. Replying to people who obviously have holes in their arguments, yet turning a blind eye to those who actually have good points that all but prove him wrong. Just kind of embarrassing for a guy like that, imo.

Oh ok. I did think it was strange that he was arguing with random fans and talking about 5 year point per game. 2 years is the max I'd ever go to. The Oilers, Penguins, Leafs and debatably the Avalanche all have way better centre cores. I want some of what he's smoking. And what's with this weird obsession he has with Adam Lowry at 3C?
24 janv. 2021 à 15 h 0
Also, I'd be curious to hear the viewership ratings on the Blackhawks-Red Wings game that just wrapped. 6-2 and was an early afternoon game. I'd be surprised if anyone watched start to finish

Chicago Blackhawks Detroit Red Wings
24 janv. 2021 à 15 h 6
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,532
The way he's defending his blatantly wrong take about Winnipeg having the best Center ice position in the North and probably the league (while assuming that Stastny is moved to the wing, no less). Reaching back 5 years to compare p/g between Scheifele and Matthews as if that far back is relevant to what any player is today, let alone a guy who was in his rookie year. Completely ignoring per60 basis in his points evaluation because it basically destroys his stance. Replying to people who obviously have holes in their arguments, yet turning a blind eye to those who actually have good points that all but prove him wrong. Just kind of embarrassing for a guy like that, imo.

Well hold on, their center depth is very good now. Also Scheifele is one of the most consistent players in the entire league. His ppg over the last 3 years has a range of 0.028. He's pretty much guaranteed to get just over a ppg again.

I dont agree they have the best 1-2 in the divison though, that obviously belongs to Edmonton.
LeafsFanForSomeReason et yikes a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 15 h 15
Oh ok. I did think it was strange that he was arguing with random fans and talking about 5 year point per game. 2 years is the max I'd ever go to. The Oilers, Penguins, Leafs and debatably the Avalanche all have way better centre cores. I want some of what he's smoking. And what's with this weird obsession he has with Adam Lowry at 3C?

Yeah, man idk. I like Lowry, but the dude had an awful year last season and to say that he's easily better than Kerfoot is, uh... something.

Also, I'd be curious to hear the viewership ratings on the Blackhawks-Red Wings game that just wrapped. 6-2 and was an early afternoon game. I'd be surprised if anyone watched start to finish

Yeah, tough to say. I forgot there was an early game today. Not sure if I even got it. Have to check the PVR later.
24 janv. 2021 à 15 h 17

People doubted me on Suter.
24 janv. 2021 à 15 h 23
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Well hold on, their center depth is very good now. Also Scheifele is one of the most consistent players in the entire league. His ppg over the last 3 years has a range of 0.028. He's pretty much guaranteed to get just over a ppg again.

I dont agree they have the best 1-2 in the divison though, that obviously belongs to Edmonton.

I'm not saying it's not good; it's real good. Not even really criticizing him for his take, though I do thoroughly disagree. More so criticizing the support that he used to try and prove his point being pretty weak and his blind defense of his opinion, as well as his ignorance towards the people who refute his point with solid reasoning, yet he gladly replied to people who he thought he had the upper hand on.
24 janv. 2021 à 15 h 25
People doubted me on Suter.

Did they? He was quite highly touted. Was hoping the Leafs would nab him.
24 janv. 2021 à 15 h 25

As for viewership, the game ended right before football so it didnt loose viewers to another sport
TheFlamingC a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 15 h 26
I'm not saying it's not good; it's real good. Not even really criticizing him for his take, though I do thoroughly disagree. More so criticizing the support that he used to try and prove his point being pretty weak and his blind defense of his opinion, as well as his ignorance towards the people who refute his point with solid reasoning, yet he gladly replied to people who he thought he had the upper hand on.

Oh dont get me wrong, Button is a complete clown. Take his words with a grain of salt. Im just pointing how consistent Scheifele is.
24 janv. 2021 à 15 h 33
Did they? He was quite highly touted. Was hoping the Leafs would nab him.

not actual GM's or anything. A lot of people on this site did. I said how Suter basically repeated what Kubalik did in Switzerland the year prior and people would just say things like "well Kubalik is an exception, Suter won't pan out"
24 janv. 2021 à 15 h 37
not actual GM's or anything. A lot of people on this site did. I said how Suter basically repeated what Kubalik did in Switzerland the year prior and people would just say things like "well Kubalik is an exception, Suter won't pan out"

I figured not actual GM's lol. Just didn't think it was a secret that there was something there with this guy. I think Kubalik level is a bit optimistic, but he should be solid.
24 janv. 2021 à 17 h 39
Calgary Flames vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Really close game so far after 2. Lots of back and forth with no clear domination from either side. Marner's still got the running hot, Gaudreau looking like 18/19 still. Could go either way.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 18 h 1
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,191
Matthews gets the lamest goal on Calgary to have now scored on every team in the league.
24 janv. 2021 à 18 h 2
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,360
Quoting: mondo
Matthews gets the lamest goal on Calgary to have now scored on every team in the league.

And now I’m pissed at myself for not taking him off of IR before the deadline for him to be eligible to be on my fantasy roster for tonight
24 janv. 2021 à 18 h 7
What a shot by Lindholm wow
24 janv. 2021 à 18 h 12
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
What a shot by Lindholm wow

Granted, that was a fantastic shot.
Ledge_And_Dairy a aimé ceci.
24 janv. 2021 à 18 h 23
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Calgary Flames

Giordano is right mad.

Also, i saw a PRETTY obvious grab of the stick by tkachuk that wasnt called, so i dont feel too bad gio didnt draw a penalty.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage