SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season!

Did you watch or leave this thread?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

21 janv. 2021 à 19 h 23
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: Brian2016
Blackwood is out tonight. He has an even strength save % of .987 through first 3 games. Absolutely absurd!

Blackwood has been just amazing. The Devils will be hurting without him, especially since Comrie & Dell are still in quarantine.
Brian2016 et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 19 h 38
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Blackwood has been just amazing. The Devils will be hurting without him, especially since Comrie & Dell are still in quarantine.

Yeah. They also need Nico, Bratt, and Sami back ASAP.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 19 h 46
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,293
Quoting: yikes
I get what youre saying 100% and youre right honestly. But my opinion is; look at Vegas they got so damn close and they still are so close. They may even win this year. But Vegas also got very lucky. Some poor expansion choices (were looking at your ducks and florida), and some real good trades (were looking at stone). I dont think theres gonna be as many good looks as Vegas had. I mean I dont see Seattle getting all of Tuch, March, Karlsson, Smith, Theodore like Vegas did from expansion ALONE. I think theyll put together a decent team but nothing like Vegas.

plus this; everything went prefect for vegas, which i doubt repeats for seattle.

If Im Seattle's GM i say this:

**** eh we did spend 650m but look at this, COVID Cap till atleast 2022 probably 23 or 24. You got 25% or more of the league needing CAP help by the time Seattle joins. Colordao, Tampa, Vegas, Vancouver, Philly, NYI, Toronto, EDM, Montreal, PIT ; all teams who could use some help if Seattle offers a hand. On top of this 2021 is a real good draft were sleeping on and 2022 should be the next "superstar" draft.

VAN: picks for Eriksson
NYI: theres a ton of choices to help them get some relief
Tampa: no explanation needed they will want help
Vegas: would love seeing patches 7 mil gone
NJD: i could see subban being taken
SJS: hey you want burns

and so on.

Seattle could easily have as deep of a prospect pool as Ottawa or LA by the end of 2022. If they choose to be a middling team and go big in 2022 draft - I argue theyll be better than Vegas and most of the league by 2022/23.

Thats my opinion atleast. Stock up on D in 2021/ and load up on star power in 2022 and youll be an elite team in 2022 or by 2023. Thats just my "take" but Id prefer to load up with Powers/Hughes/Lambos + other picks acquired for 21 debut draft and grab Wright, Lambert, Lavoie + others in 2022 than hoping to put together a rag tag team that could be Vegas 2.0. Because I dont think there will be another vegas run for Seattle.

I think the expectations for Seattle will be high based on what Vegas has accomplished since their inception. They set the bar really high. Everything went perfect for them, but the flat cap could be really advantageous for Seattle as they build assets from around the league. I wouldn't be shocked if they were a playoff contender right from the jump.

First of all, Seattle is expansion exempt so only way Patches gets moved is through trade. Secondly, I've gone through potential expansion teams numerous times and every single time I end up with a stacked defense core and solid goaltending. The forward core is usually questionable but that is also fixable too.

Goalies to choose from - Holtby, Allen, Khudobin, Kuemper/Hill, Talbot/Stalock/Kahkonen, Ingram/Saros, Hoberg
Potential Defense - Burns, Giordano/Tanev, Manson/Shattenkirk, Miller/Risto, Skjei/Gardiner/Fleury/Bean, De Haan, Graves, C. Jones, Ekholm(?), Gostisbehere, Matheson, Dunn/Faulk, C. Foote, Holl/Dermott, Schultz/Jensen
BuFfaLOFaN et Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 20 h 30
Devils new Goalie combo: Black-Wedge
21 janv. 2021 à 20 h 32
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Devils new Goalie combo: Black-Wedge

Oof with the name
21 janv. 2021 à 21 h 48
TT for Rocket?!?!
21 janv. 2021 à 21 h 54
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Nate Schmidt
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 22 h 25
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Columbus Blue Jackets

Dubois played 4 minutes tonight; being benched through most of the game. Apparently he was putting no effort in.

Don't think that's gonna attract many suitors.
BuFfaLOFaN et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 22 h 31
Quoting: mondo
Columbus Blue Jackets

Dubois played 4 minutes tonight; being benched through most of the game. Apparently he was putting no effort in.

I hope Torts realizes that he’s the expendable one. If CBJ are outside of a playoff spot at the 35 game mark, he’s probably getting fired. Coaches can be replaced. 1st line C’s cannot.
yikes a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 22 h 32
Columbus Blue Jackets

I don't think it will have much effect, a similar thing happened with Drouin and RyJo, and they still returned a solid player/prospect
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 22 h 33
I hope Torts realizes that he’s the expendable one. If CBJ are outside of a playoff spot at the 35 game mark, he’s probably getting fired. Coaches can be replaced. 1st line C’s cannot.

1st line centers of PLD's caliber are replaceable, Texier is already on his way to doing that, and Domi is also capable of playing those top 6 minutes
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 22 h 35
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169

I believe Tortorella was in the right tonight. This was the last shift he went out on:

AndrewLadd, TanSor et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 22 h 44
I believe Tortorella was in the right tonight. This was the last shift he went out on:

I only saw last part of that shift originally. After seeing the whole thing now I would also be furious
TanSor et yikes a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 22 h 48
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,932
Columbus Blue Jackets

Did you see that last shift tho 😬. Dubois is quickly gonna become one of the most hated players in the league
TanSor, leafs101 et yikes a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 22 h 49
Mentions "j'aime": 7,071
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
I only saw last part of that shift originally. After seeing the whole thing now I would also be furious

I don't know who would want him after that shift unless he and his agent can do some serious convincing it won't happen again. I really wanted the Wild to get him but after that.... Eh
yikes a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 23 h 20
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
1st line centers of PLD's caliber are replaceable, Texier is already on his way to doing that, and Domi is also capable of playing those top 6 minutes

Domi is not capable of playing those minutes. Obviously you haven't watched the games if you think he can
21 janv. 2021 à 23 h 23
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Domi is not capable of playing those minutes. Obviously you haven't watched the games if you think he can

Domi is perfectly capable of playing top 6 minutes. He is not a first line guy but he is definitely a solid 2nd line player
21 janv. 2021 à 23 h 37
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,231
Domi is perfectly capable of playing top 6 minutes. He is not a first line guy but he is definitely a solid 2nd line player

I guess I misunderstood what you meant when you said those top 6 minutes
21 janv. 2021 à 23 h 43
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I guess I misunderstood what you meant when you said those top 6 minutes

I guess that's my mistake, I am fully aware Domi is not a 1C, or really a 1st line player for that matter. However, my point was PLD is not a Crosby level player where he can't be replaced. I would be very surprised if any team would offer much more than picks/prospects and a middle 6 winger/center for him right now
21 janv. 2021 à 23 h 48
Former Hockey Fan
I know it doesn’t mean much, but that Sutter goal was filthy.
21 janv. 2021 à 23 h 56
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Modifié 22 janv. 2021 à 0 h 10
bluejackets.svgbluejackets.svgbluejackets.svg

@everyone

Maybe my word doesn’t mean much but hear me out...

If you’re PLD; you deserved to be benched and you deserved to be put in check; by more then torts but your team/ friends.

YOURE JOB IS TO PLAY HOCKEY; a literal game.
You’re being paid more then most people could imagine ever seeing or touching. You’re some peoples icon, people pay to in part see you, PEOPLE PAY for YOUR JERSEY, your very own jersey on a NHL team. Yeah **** sucks sometimes but your being paid to play a game and have the financials of your life be taken care of with a extreme amount of cash.

Tough luck you got benched. You played like you’re working a 9-5 desk job and it was a “grind” to talk to your “boss”...

We all don’t get to play a game we love for 10 million dollars. It’s all parties faults involved (torts and PLD); but show up at the very least and don’t take things for granted. We all show up for ****ty jobs throughout our lives and put in work. Except most of us don’t get paid 10 million dollars. He got what he deserved.

PLD needs to be traded - but he doesn’t need to give a 10% effort. He needs to do his job; you can be upset and still work. Most people in the world do.
TanSor, Wqrrior, Ledge_And_Dairy and 3 others a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2021 à 0 h 35
Modifié 22 janv. 2021 à 0 h 43

I get your point but neither are anywhere near PLD’s level. He’s by far their best Forward. At least he was before the season began, lol.
Wqrrior et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2021 à 0 h 40
Do you guys think a trade is actually imminent? How can Jarmo possibly give in to this kind of demand. It would set a horrible precedent for the league, especially if he got fleeced in the trade. This is an impossible no-win situation for Jarmo and Torts.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2021 à 0 h 42
I get your point but neither are anywhere near PLD’s level.

True, I expect CBJ will likely get a center prospect or decent pick back. highly doubt a current center above Ryan Strome caliber would be offered
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
22 janv. 2021 à 0 h 44
Former Hockey Fan
Do you guys think a trade is actually imminent? How can Jarmo possibly give in to this kind of demand. It would set a horrible precedent for the league, especially if he got fleeced in the trade. This is an impossible no-win situation for Jarmo and Torts.

I think Jarmo is going to have to sit down with Torts and talk about this. From reports it seems like Jarmo wanted to see how the season plays out and then figure out how to deal with Dubois, depending on the Blue Jackets’ play. Tortorella seems like he’s completely done with PLD and is just waiting until he gets traded. So Jarmo’s probably going to have to convince John to play Pierre-Luc, or Kekalainen needs to trade him ASAP, although that doesn’t seem like the best course of action.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage