SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season!

Did you watch or leave this thread?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

20 janv. 2021 à 21 h 37
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,077
Quoting: mondo
The penalty in the third right after the Toronto goal lost the game, Oilers player tripped his own teammate and Muzzin got called.

Im telling you. tonight was bounces and bad calls. leafs played well, im impressed even though the freaking ref was walking around blindfolded and vesey forgot which team he was playing for
20 janv. 2021 à 21 h 37
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs Ottawa Senators
I didn’t watch either game

Alright cool.
yikes a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2021 à 21 h 38
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Alright cool.

Confused just admitting it in case I’m missing something but I think you got to look past that their your favourite team and see that the results (SO FAR) aren’t replicating what I believe was misplaced hype
20 janv. 2021 à 21 h 45
torontos finest
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Confused just admitting it in case I’m missing something but I think you got to look past that their your favourite team and see that the results (SO FAR) aren’t replicating what I believe was misplaced hype

I've been disappointed with the start to Toronto's season but 5 games doesn't shape the entire campaign and the problems I believe they have are entirely resolvable.
TheFlamingC et MitchMarner_16 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2021 à 21 h 50
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
I've been disappointed with the start to Toronto's season but 5 games doesn't shape the entire campaign and the problems I believe they have are entirely resolvable.

That's true. I still do believe that they will finish top 2/3 but I don't think that they are the runaway they were made out to be
20 janv. 2021 à 22 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
The caps have been fined 100 000$ for violating Covid protocol and Alex Ovechkin, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Dmitri Orlov and Ilya Samsonov have all been placed in Covid protocol otherwise known as Russian gang being mask-less together

Sheesh! Sabres are gonna get a win...win an AHL goalie?🙄😐
20 janv. 2021 à 22 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
**** game. Maybe Friday will be better,

These first few games haven't inspired that much confidence.

So much for the leafs dynasty...lol I hate when ppl especially some leafs fans say this.

Albeit most leafs fans especially on here are sensible but, there is so many that there is an over abundance of Leafs are a Dynasty...
20 janv. 2021 à 23 h 42
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
It appears that the referees across the league have decided to call everything that could be remotely construed as close to a penalty now. Some of the calls in the TOR vs. EDM and MTL vs. VAN games have been ridiculous.
20 janv. 2021 à 23 h 46
EklundCelebriniSmith
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,816
Modifié 20 janv. 2021 à 23 h 53
sharks.svg
Game notes: SJS @ STL
@papishark @jfrojelin @RawZuccSauce420

/blues series wrap up/

Highlights:

- Karlsson; shutting up sharks fans who cried after one game about him. He’s played very well tonight with some great plays in both ends. Interesting “stat” is from Kurz Twitter; “Erik Karlsson’s best game so far. His Corsi is only 22.2, (after 2 periods) though, in the latest example of advanced stats can often be total garbage.” per Kevin Kurz. Easily the sharks best player tonight he looked amazing.

- Ferraro; this kid is developing at a insane pace. If the NHL had a most improved player award (like the NBA); he would have my vote right now. He’s a stud.

- Jones; Very good, something I haven’t said in long time. Very impressive start to the year compared to the past. He’s actually making KEY saves, a lot of times I see a shot and wince as old Jones would allow certain shots that needed to be saved and right now I’m still being surprised by some huge saves. He was the key piece to tonight’s win.

Side notes:

- Kane... I mean man he had a frustrating game. Wasn’t bad in the first couple games but he’s had a tough series here. No excuses he hurt the team tonight. 4 penalties, tied for his career most in a game..

- Bottom 6 finally gets a point/ goal. They played good tonight.

- Leonard is so damn close to putting up multiple points each night, hopefully he’ll start getting some luck. Quiet night for him compared to the last few.

- Special Teams are actually special so far, nice improvements. Need more PP goals (0-7 tonight😬) but they’ve been solid on both.

- Hertls elite no🧢

Sharks played well against a high tier team, hopefully they can build off their mistakes and take this into the next series; because they’ve shown they can play with good teams and beat them but at the same time shown why they were a bottom tier team last year. We are definitely a different team from last though.
20 janv. 2021 à 23 h 55
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,963
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
It appears that the referees across the league have decided to call everything that could be remotely construed as close to a penalty now. Some of the calls in the TOR vs. EDM and MTL vs. VAN games have been ridiculous.

As a canucks fan, I can agree that the calls to both teams have been very weak (Roussel "interference" for merely existing, Kulak for holding nothing).
Kotkaniemi15 et yikes a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2021 à 23 h 57
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Wqrrior
As a canucks fan, I can agree that the calls to both teams have been very weak (Roussel "interference" for merely existing, Kulak for holding nothing).

Agree with this; calls are very weak right now, from the sharks games I’ve watched I’ve seen very weak/ unnecessary calls (not just for the sharks, but for all involved ((the Sharks, Yotes and Blues))).
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
20 janv. 2021 à 23 h 58
Former Hockey Fan

It’s crazy. People were complaining about the non-calls on the cross-checks, and the refs appear to have done a complete 360 to start calling every possible penalty.
BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 0 h 15
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,861
Quoting: yikes
sharks.svg
Game notes: SJS @ STL
@papishark @jfrojelin @RawZuccSauce420

/blues series wrap up/

Highlights:

- Karlsson; shutting up sharks fans who cried after one game about him. He’s played very well tonight with some great plays in both ends. Interesting “stat” is from Kurz Twitter; “Erik Karlsson’s best game so far. His Corsi is only 22.2, (after 2 periods) though, in the latest example of advanced stats can often be total garbage.” per Kevin Kurz. Easily the sharks best player tonight he looked amazing.

- Ferraro; this kid is developing at a insane pace. If the NHL had a most improved player award (like the NBA); he would have my vote right now. He’s a stud.

- Jones; Very good, something I haven’t said in long time. Very impressive start to the year compared to the past. He’s actually making KEY saves, a lot of times I see a shot and wince as old Jones would allow certain shots that needed to be saved and right now I’m still being surprised by some huge saves. He was the key piece to tonight’s win.

Side notes:

- Kane... I mean man he had a frustrating game. Wasn’t bad in the first couple games but he’s had a tough series here. No excuses he hurt the team tonight. 4 penalties, tied for his career most in a game..

- Bottom 6 finally gets a point/ goal. They played good tonight.

- Leonard is so damn close to putting up multiple points each night, hopefully he’ll start getting some luck. Quiet night for him compared to the last few.

- Special Teams are actually special so far, nice improvements. Need more PP goals (0-7 tonight😬) but they’ve been solid on both.

- Hertls elite no🧢

Sharks played well against a high tier team, hopefully they can build off their mistakes and take this into the next series; because they’ve shown they can play with good teams and beat them but at the same time shown why they were a bottom tier team last year. We are definitely a different team from last though.

Hit the nail on the head on all counts here.

I was absolutely giving it to Karlsson last game. He was awful. I was so mad. I’m glad to say apparently he heard that and adjusted accordingly. 🖕to @RawZuccSauce420 from 2 nights ago you got ****ing owned by EK65, kiddo. Let’s hope he keeps it up because he looked elite tonight. Hands down the best player out there in the second half of the game.

Kaner...buddy you NEED to stop with the idiotic penalties. Most of them came from being lazy/not moving his feet. Totally avoidable. Not to mention the Binnington penalty which is inexcusable. I expect him to be in the box a fair bit but this was disappointing.

Hertl = 🐐

Joner had a quietly SOLID night. Like he was SUPER focused between the pipes. The Schenn goal was not his fault whatsoever. Give the man some good defense, and good things happen.

Let’s keep it up boys.
yikes et papishark a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 0 h 19
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: RawZuccSauce420

I was absolutely giving it to Karlsson last game. He was awful. I was so mad. I’m glad to say apparently he heard that and adjusted accordingly. 🖕to @RawZuccSauce420 from 2 nights ago you got ****ing owned by EK65, kiddo. Let’s hope he keeps it up because he looked elite tonight. Hands down the best player out there in the second half of the game.

Kaner...buddy you NEED to stop with the idiotic penalties. Most of them came from being lazy/not moving his feet. Totally avoidable. Not to mention the Binnington penalty which is inexcusable. I expect him to be in the box a fair bit but this was disappointing.

Hertl = 🐐

Joner had a quietly SOLID night. Like he was SUPER focused between the pipes. The Schenn goal was not his fault whatsoever. Give the man some good defense, and good things happen.

Let’s keep it up boys.

We all were mad with Karlsson last game (rightfully so) but too much overreaction and exaggerating and hating. Tonight he was simple but still threw his own flair out there a ton.

Hertl keeps being the kid that sharks fans fell in love with. And Jones is definitely battling with Dubnyk to earn the net; which is exciting to say.

I wonder others thoughts on Leonard, Donato, and Labanc?
(Meier been good enough but needs to be better).

Leonard i said my piece on.

Donato I’m so mixed on right now, great plays than dumb plays, good plays then mistakes, great chance then something goes wrong.

Labanc is about the same as Donato I feel... flashes of the Labanc we’ve praised about, than the Labanc we see too often.
FunMustBeAlways a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 0 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,292
@RawZuccSauce420 @yikes @papishark ( <-- remove the names here before hitting "submit" if you quote this)

I'm curious on your thoughts for the upcoming expansion draft. As Seattle will certainly be a division rival what do you think the play is. Personally I feel like it has be around them attempting to move Burns, With Merkley on way and a lot of uncertainty with the direction of the team getting that cap flexibility seems important. Mind you I do see SJ being the 4th playoff team this year, or at least will be competing with MIN for the final spot.
21 janv. 2021 à 0 h 54
Quoting: yikes
We all were mad with Karlsson last game (rightfully so) but too much overreaction and exaggerating and hating. Tonight he was simple but still threw his own flair out there a ton.

Hertl keeps being the kid that sharks fans fell in love with. And Jones is definitely battling with Dubnyk to earn the net; which is exciting to say.

I wonder others thoughts on Leonard, Donato, and Labanc?
(Meier been good enough but needs to be better).

Leonard i said my piece on.

Donato I’m so mixed on right now, great plays than dumb plays, good plays then mistakes, great chance then something goes wrong.

Labanc is about the same as Donato I feel... flashes of the Labanc we’ve praised about, than the Labanc we see too often.

Leonard I thought was a bit quiet as well but almost every time had the puck he was making a smart play. He’s not a crazy play driver yet but he’s pretty smart. He’ll be cemented in the lineup in a permanent top 9 role next year imo.

Donato has a great sense of where to be when. He has a good shot too. He wasn’t perfect by any means this game, but I felt pretty confident about his game. That OT goal would have been his if it counted. If he moves his feet more and battles a little harder I think he’ll have a lot of success. Hes got all the tools to be a very solid contributor. Just needs to clean it up.

Labanc is just...I dunno okay. He’s not a bad player by any means but there’s just nothing about his game that completely impresses me. He’s not a fantastic skater, doesn’t have a quick release, isn’t a great shooter, isn’t physical, and is sometimes a defensive and penalty liability. That’s not to say he’s a bad player by any means because he isn’t but when considering the contract Wilson just gave him, I can’t help but want more out of him.
yikes a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 0 h 57
Standouts from the MTL/VAN game

VAN:

- Boeser: is off to a good start this season; his shot looks like it did in his rookie year
- Myers: Really strong game. Saved a few certain goals.
- Pettersson: Remains invisible
- Schmidt appeared to get his signals crossed playing LD. Keep him RD

MTL:
- Toffoli: duh. I'm still not convinced that taking him over Schmidt was the best route to go tho
- Anderson: Bad game. A few dumb penalties. Played a goon role tonight and did it poorly.
- Suzuki: Now that I've watched 60 mins of habs hockey, I see more of why he's so amped up. I used to compare him to Hertl... but he might be more than that
(Both goalies had poor games, but Holtby was great from the 5th goal onwards)
- Romanov and Chatfield played pretty similar. I still see both as having not much more than third pair potential
21 janv. 2021 à 1 h 2
Former Hockey Fan
Standouts from the MTL/VAN game

VAN:

- Boeser: is off to a good start this season; his shot looks like it did in his rookie year
- Myers: Really strong game. Saved a few certain goals.
- Pettersson: Remains invisible
- Schmidt appeared to get his signals crossed playing LD. Keep him RD

MTL:
- Toffoli: duh. I'm still not convinced that taking him over Schmidt was the best route to go tho
- Anderson: Bad game. A few dumb penalties. Played a goon role tonight and did it poorly.
- Suzuki: Now that I've watched 60 mins of habs hockey, I see more of why he's so amped up. I used to compare him to Hertl... but he might be more than that
(Both goalies had poor games, but Holtby was great from the 5th goal onwards)
- Romanov and Chatfield played pretty similar. I still see both as having not much more than third pair potential

Dumb penalties? 1 was an unlucky puck over glass penalty, and the other one Hughes just fell over while they were skating together. If you’re going to criticize a habs player for bad penalties tonight, it would be Tatar or Chiarot.

And Romanov didn’t have a chance to shine tonight, since the habs were short handed so much. He’s clearly a 3rd pair D (or better) right now, but he didn’t get much of an opportunity to show anything tonight.
nickthehabsfan et BuFfaLOFaN a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 1 h 4
Dumb penalties? 1 was an unlucky puck over glass penalty, and the other one Hughes just fell over while they were skating together. If you’re going to criticize a habs player for bad penalties tonight, it would be Tatar or Chiarot.

And Romanov didn’t have a chance to shine tonight, since the habs were short handed so much. He’s clearly a 3rd pair D (or better) right now, but he didn’t get much of an opportunity to show anything tonight.

Putting the puck over the glass is far from smart. I saw Anderson more as a liability tonight so I was glad whenever he was on the ice as it improved VAN's chances.

Just what I picked up. If you are happy with his play, then all's good.
21 janv. 2021 à 1 h 14
Former Hockey Fan
Putting the puck over the glass is far from smart. I saw Anderson more as a liability tonight so I was glad whenever he was on the ice as it improved VAN's chances.

Just what I picked up. If you are happy with his play, then all's good.

Anderson certainly wasn’t able to get a break and get chances off of his speed tonight, but he certainly didn’t hurt the habs in any way. And I have no idea how a puck over glass penalty can be called stupid, when it’s based solely on puck luck, and the fact that every player in the NHL does it at one point or another.
21 janv. 2021 à 1 h 30
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
@RawZuccSauce420

I'm curious on your thoughts for the upcoming expansion draft. As Seattle will certainly be a division rival what do you think the play is. Personally I feel like it has be around them attempting to move Burns, With Merkley on way and a lot of uncertainty with the direction of the team getting that cap flexibility seems important. Mind you I do see SJ being the 4th playoff team this year, or at least will be competing with MIN for the final spot.

It's kind of tough because it's hard to know how the team will look like at the end of this season.

With the forward group, at this rate, I would protect Couture, Kane, Hertl, Meier, Labanc, Donato. Last protection at F could be Balcers, or Gambrell, or maybe someone else if we get someone else by the end of the year who has played enough games to be eligible. We also need to sign two forwards for 2021-22 who can be selected by Seattle cause we currently don't have any extras.

We know Vlasic and Karlsson have to be protected because of their NMC's barring any unexpected waiving. 3rd defenseman I would protect is Simek personally. I love Burnzy and he's done a ton for the org, but wasting a protection on a 36 year old who is poor defensively making $8M until he's 40 is just a bad idea. Especially when we already have Karlsson and Merkley is in the pipelines nearly ready to make the jump. Not saying Burns WILL get selected, but there's no point in protecting him in my view.

If Jones plays good this year maybe we protect him? I dunno. There's no harm in not protecting any goalies at all too if everyone sucks lol. Highly doubt Seattle takes a gamble on Jones @5.75M for 3 more years if he sucks this year and is left unprotected.

I agree with you though I think the fight is gonna be MIN and SJ fighting for that last playoff spot.
yikes a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 2 h 25
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
What's up with Pettersson? He's not very engaged offensively. He looks like Nylander after he came back from his hold out? Very perimeter based right now. I think he has 1 point in 5 games. What gives?
Wqrrior a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 2 h 27
John Leonard Viewer
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 444
Quoting: RawZuccSauce420

Hertl = 🐐

Let’s keep it up boys.

We had a great night defensively, not too many odd man rushes. If we combined this with our offense of the first three games, we are better than Minnesota, the question is can we? This next series is gonna totally be revealing for the Sharks, toughest competition for the 4th playoff spot.
21 janv. 2021 à 2 h 29
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
So much for the leafs dynasty...lol I hate when ppl especially some leafs fans say this.

Albeit most leafs fans especially on here are sensible but, there is so many that there is an over abundance of Leafs are a Dynasty...

If losing in the 1st round every year qualifies as a dynasty the Leafs are gonna be looking for 5 straight this post-season. lol.
BuFfaLOFaN et AndrewLadd a aimé ceci.
21 janv. 2021 à 2 h 57
Quoting: Brian2016
What's up with Pettersson? He's not very engaged offensively. He looks like Nylander after he came back from his hold out? Very perimeter based right now. I think he has 1 point in 5 games. What gives?

Yeah, this is concerning within the canuck fanbase. Some are loosely but potentially with reason pointing the issue on him taking up gaming. Who knows... I'm not going to push the panic button yet, but he has been one of the worst canucks thus far.

To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage