SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Tampa Bay Lightning

Game 1 vs Blackawks and season outlook

14 janv. 2021 à 11 h 14
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 2,848
They looked rusty and still strolled past the Chicago (who look like they'll be in for a long year)
Foote is going to take a little time adjusting to the NHL. Johnson has to come back in but would it be better to leave Johnson down and bring up Shenn and go 11-7 and manage Foote's minutes more effectively? I know long term Johnson has to play so he can get moved but thinking Longer term is Foote's development more important? Probs not but it's a thought.

Are they going to run into trouble like they did two years ago? With an easier division Tampa and Carolina may lock up playoff births quicker than everyone else without too much adversity. Is it going to bring lead feet come playoff time?

@imawesome @Florida_Man_Maroon @CoopsTroops @matulix

Sorry for the tag but people never look this far down the forums. :-P
14 janv. 2021 à 12 h 32
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 918
Quoting: Rangsey
They looked rusty and still strolled past the Chicago (who look like they'll be in for a long year)
Foote is going to take a little time adjusting to the NHL. Johnson has to come back in but would it be better to leave Johnson down and bring up Shenn and go 11-7 and manage Foote's minutes more effectively? I know long term Johnson has to play so he can get moved but thinking Longer term is Foote's development more important? Probs not but it's a thought.

Are they going to run into trouble like they did two years ago? With an easier division Tampa and Carolina may lock up playoff births quicker than everyone else without too much adversity. Is it going to bring lead feet come playoff time?

About Foote, I feel I personally maybe placed too high of expectations on him prior to the season simply because he was a high draft pick. However after last nights game it is clear he is still adjusting to NHL speed and at this point may not be able to display his full skill set as he needs a few games (maybe more than a few) in order to get up to speed. I can remember a specific play where he gave up a breakaway, which doesn’t concern me, but shows me that he’s got some learning to do. I am a big fan of Schenn and his game so it’ll be interesting to see what the Bolts do once Schenn is available. To your point about running into trouble like we did two years ago because of a potential quick playoff birth, I think we’ve really learned from that and as we saw last year, we took all measures to make sure the same thing didn’t happen again. I believe we will have that same mindset coming into this season which is why I’m not too worried about that (while of course I’ll be traumatized for life over those 4 games)
14 janv. 2021 à 12 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Florida_Man_Maroon
About Foote, I feel I personally maybe placed too high of expectations on him prior to the season simply because he was a high draft pick. However after last nights game it is clear he is still adjusting to NHL speed and at this point may not be able to display his full skill set as he needs a few games (maybe more than a few) in order to get up to speed. I can remember a specific play where he gave up a breakaway, which doesn’t concern me, but shows me that he’s got some learning to do. I am a big fan of Schenn and his game so it’ll be interesting to see what the Bolts do once Schenn is available. To your point about running into trouble like we did two years ago because of a potential quick playoff birth, I think we’ve really learned from that and as we saw last year, we took all measures to make sure the same thing didn’t happen again. I believe we will have that same mindset coming into this season which is why I’m not too worried about that (while of course I’ll be traumatized for life over those 4 games)

Hedman took some time to figure out the speed of the NHL. His first season he made a ton of mistakes. Foote will be fine if they develop him proberly and be patient with him. Let's hope they don't handle him like they did Koekkoek.
imawesome et Florida_Man_Maroon a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2021 à 13 h 4
I want Gourde back
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,350

I'd worry more about Johnson because if he doesn't play they'd have to give up a ton to get rid of him. Not to mention he's a good player. Foote probably has to high of expectations, but if he starts playing really bad you can just switch him and Schenn. I personally am not a fan of the 11-7. One other note is Cernak looked really good. And can we just take a minute to appreciate Cirelli's amazing goal (special thanks to Chicago for leaving him wide open).
Florida_Man_Maroon a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2021 à 13 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: imawesome
I'd worry more about Johnson because if he doesn't play they'd have to give up a ton to get rid of him. Not to mention he's a good player. Foote probably has to high of expectations, but if he starts playing really bad you can just switch him and Schenn. I personally am not a fan of the 11-7. One other note is Cernak looked really good. And can we just take a minute to appreciate Cirelli's amazing goal (special thanks to Chicago for leaving him wide open).

Cernak is a beast. His contract is going to be a steal these next few years. The only thing stopping him from finishing second on the team in ice time is the powerplay. Joseph ahead on Volkov on the depth chart again, solid game by him.
imawesome et Florida_Man_Maroon a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2021 à 13 h 41
I want Gourde back
Did I mention that I now hate pinball machines. Vasilevskiy definitely deserved a shutout. It went from Strome's stick to Cernak's skate to Vasilevskiy's stick to Vasilevskiy's pad to the net. What an unfortunate turn of events
14 janv. 2021 à 14 h 27
I want Gourde back

One last question. Can someone explain to me why Tampa was allowed to play when Kucherov, Gaborik, and Nilsson weren't on LTIR? They were 16 mil over the cap
14 janv. 2021 à 14 h 49
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
One last question. Can someone explain to me why Tampa was allowed to play when Kucherov, Gaborik, and Nilsson weren't on LTIR? They were 16 mil over the cap

I believe the option to put players on LTIR opened Tuesday when opening night rosters had to be set.
14 janv. 2021 à 14 h 49
I want Gourde back
Quoting: CoopsTroops
I believe the option to put players on LTIR opened Tuesday when opening night rosters had to be set.

But they aren't on LTIR
14 janv. 2021 à 15 h 1
Rutta 4ever
I see no reason to go 11-7 during the regular season. Foote was highly protected by Cooper last night, and really only looked bad playing defense in our zone. We got like 16 more games against Detroit and Chicago, and I'd probably have him play all of those games and some others. Schenn would be good for 15 minutes against the tougher teams.

Carolina will give us a run for the division, so, I think we'll have enough competitive games this year. Plus, Dallas is still here, but I don't think they're going to be as good this year.
14 janv. 2021 à 15 h 1
Rutta 4ever
But they aren't on LTIR

Where are you seeing that?
14 janv. 2021 à 15 h 9
I want Gourde back
Quoting: CoopsTroops
Where are you seeing that?

Go to the CapFriendly homepage. Click on injuries. Change the team to the Lightning. The last thing there is about Jan Rutta a few months ago. And if you got to create an Armchair GM team they still are in IR. Also on the main page it says the Lightning's cap hit is 98.something
14 janv. 2021 à 15 h 27
Rutta 4ever
Go to the CapFriendly homepage. Click on injuries. Change the team to the Lightning. The last thing there is about Jan Rutta a few months ago. And if you got to create an Armchair GM team they still are in IR. Also on the main page it says the Lightning's cap hit is 98.something

On the Lightning team page of CF they have the ACSL calculated. Running behind maybe.
imawesome a aimé ceci.
15 janv. 2021 à 8 h 24
Rejoint: août 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 381
I was not able to watch the game cuz of work but I'll be ready for game 2 tonight. Cant wait to see the boys.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage