Habs game 1 reaction and lineup for game 2

Créé par: Blazingbat11
Équipe: 2020-21 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 13 janv. 2021
Publié: 14 janv. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Habs standouts:

1st start - Anderson: It's been so long since the Habs had a player like him. Very refreshing.

2nd star - Suzuki: Absolute beast that can go toe to toe with the best. Showed elite skill with his goal and again when he completely undressed Reilly. Did take that bad penalty at the end of the 2nd though

3rd star - Romanov: Shaky 1st period imo (took that really long shift and got in a bit of hot water), but settled afterwards (apart from giving that Matthews breakaway post lol gonna take him a while to get used to that) and gave out big hits and a sick pass to Tatarrr, looks very promising. 1st game in the NHL and played just under 22minutes and played both special teams.

Honorable mention - Drouin: Played a great two-way game surprisingly. Was backchecking just like he did before he got hurt last season, and having someone like Anderson on his line is looking like a match made in heaven so far lol Drouin with open ice thanks to Anderson and gets 3 assists. Real bad luck on the Vesey goal, but I also think he could just gotten the puck out of the zone before instead of turning back to pass behind Price.

Negatives:
- That OT line change by Byron....absolutely brutal. I get he's gassed, but you can't do that.
- Face offs: Evans 1 for 6 and KK 1 for 8. That's going to have to change quick. Both guys got absolutely torched by Tavares in the face-off dot... KK we can be a bit more forgiving (for now), but Evans role will be defensive, so if he can't win a face-off, he's out. And for those complaining Danault being out in OT, it's because of this very reason. If KK didn't do so bad, we probably wouldn't have seen Danault on the ice to miss that breakaway.
- Edmundson: painfully average. Like the physicality though. Chiarot took a while to find his game last year. Here's hoping it's the same with Edmundson.

Side notes:

- KK and Toffoli both looked good even if kept off the score sheet, same for Armia even if he barely played. Habs top 9 is deep AF.
- Habs D core are really going to make things rough for other teams in their own zone. Got Matthews off of his game because of them, and Marner (apart from the PP) was almost non existent due to the physicality, and both played about 25 minutes.
- Probably not going to see a lineup change for the next game, but if I had to take 1 or two guys, Byron and Evans out. Perry and Poehling in.
Rachats de contrats
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de TBL
Logo de MTL
Logo de CHI
Logo de WSH
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de VGK
Logo de MTL
Logo de OTT
Logo de PHI
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de STL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
Logo de MTL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $73 216 309 $0 $3 987 500 $8 283 691 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 7
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
C
UFA - 1
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
C
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C, AG
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
DG
RFA - 2
7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
DD
UFA - 6
10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
G
NMC
UFA - 6
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
4 350 000 $4 350 000 $
G
UFA - 1
875 000 $875 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
925 000 $925 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
735 000 $735 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
750 000 $750 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C
UFA - 2
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $ (2 325 000 $$2M2 325 000 $$2M)
AG, AD
UFA - 3
771 666 $771 666 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
DD
RFA - 1
G
UFA - 1
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 janv. 2021 à 1 h 20
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
I agree with pretty much everything, except maybe the lineup changes.

It’s been one game for Byron, and he’s looked good in limited minutes. There’s nothing that would make me think about taking him out of the lineup. I’d be fine with taking Evans out of the lineup, but if his replacement is Poehling, it’s pretty much useless.

As for the D, I don’t think it’s worth it to change it up. Romanov looked great tonight, but I think it’s still good to have him as a threat on a pair separate from Petry & Weber. He can get time on ice by rolling our pairings, on the PP, and on the PK if another D is in the box. Plus it’s proven up to this point that Chiarot isn’t as effective when he isn’t playing with Weber. And from what CJ and Brett have said, Kulak is very uncomfortable on his offside. The only change I would consider making is swapping Edmundson for Kulak, but that doesn’t really do much at this point 1 game in.
Shanesaw9 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2021 à 1 h 21
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,158
Agree with you
Byron outside the OT, he had an ok game. The 4th line wasn’t really good, not horrible but they need to do better. Evans Poehling will definitely alternate, I would like to see Poehling against EDM Saturday.
Chiarot didn’t play that bad last year, it took him 6-7 games to get use to the system. Romanov needs to play top4, Edmundson 3rd pairing with Kulak or Mete.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2021 à 1 h 26
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: GMs
Agree with you
Byron outside the OT, he had an ok game. The 4th line wasn’t really good, not horrible but they need to do better. Evans Poehling will definitely alternate, I would like to see Poehling against EDM Saturday.
Chiarot didn’t play that bad last year, it took him 6-7 games to get use to the system. Romanov needs to play top4, Edmundson 3rd pairing with Kulak or Mete.

I feel like the problem with Chiarot was that for the first 14 games he was paired with Petry, Folin, and Fleury. It wasn’t until game 15 that he got paired with Weber, and it was a perfect match. I feel like he just needs to be with a D like Weber (or Byfuglien) to play effectively.
Blazingbat11, GMs et Shanesaw9 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2021 à 1 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,673
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I agree with pretty much everything, except maybe the lineup changes.

It’s been one game for Byron, and he’s looked good in limited minutes. There’s nothing that would make me think about taking him out of the lineup. I’d be fine with taking Evans out of the lineup, but if his replacement is Poehling, it’s pretty much useless.

As for the D, I don’t think it’s worth it to change it up. Romanov looked great tonight, but I think it’s still good to have him as a threat on a pair separate from Petry & Weber. He can get time on ice by rolling our pairings, on the PP, and on the PK if another D is in the box. Plus it’s proven up to this point that Chiarot isn’t as effective when he isn’t playing with Weber. And from what CJ and Brett have said, Kulak is very uncomfortable on his offside. The only change I would consider making is swapping Edmundson for Kulak, but that doesn’t really do much at this point 1 game in.

Yeah I agree with keeping Romanov separate from Weber for now. I don't think swapping Evans for Poehling would be useless, I think it continues to show the message that the #4C is still up for grabs, and if you can't do the job (win face-off, play well defensively), the other guy will get a shot to prove it.

Byron will probably stay in the line up, no doubt. But I did like the chemistry between Poehling and Perry at camp. and I just can't see Perry bumping anyone else in the lineup other than Byron.
GMs, Kotkaniemi15 et Shanesaw9 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2021 à 7 h 40
I post sometimes
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,611
Byron should stay, yes he made a bad change... but he is good. Evans was too soft. I'd put Poehling in.

Edmundson was soft for a guy his size. He reminds me of Folin... except he's paid 3.5M.
I would put Mete in with Romanov to create a super mobile unit. Then, put Kulak back with Petry, they complete each other well.
14 janv. 2021 à 8 h 48
Habs 2010
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 930
Only change i would make at this time is Armia to the 4th line - even if he just needs a wake up call. He was invisible on a line that is supposed to be a difference maker for MTL (easy matchups). I guess that means Byron or Lehkonen get a look there, or possibly Poehling at some point. Armia is a really strong player, but he does not make plays - his game is well suited for the 4th line and it would really help the young 4C's.

Romanov looked good but there was some mistakes, let him work those out before giving him too much. Same with edmundson give him a a few more games with Petry, he was really bad on the PK but fine otherwise I thought.
14 janv. 2021 à 9 h 31
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 301
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I feel like the problem with Chiarot was that for the first 14 games he was paired with Petry, Folin, and Fleury. It wasn’t until game 15 that he got paired with Weber, and it was a perfect match. I feel like he just needs to be with a D like Weber (or Byfuglien) to play effectively.

Quoting: MTLaveragefan
Byron should stay, yes he made a bad change... but he is good. Evans was too soft. I'd put Poehling in.
Edmundson was soft for a guy his size. He reminds me of Folin... except he's paid 3.5M.
I would put Mete in with Romanov to create a super mobile unit. Then, put Kulak back with Petry, they complete each other well.

Quoting: Shanesaw9
Only change i would make at this time is Armia to the 4th line - even if he just needs a wake up call. He was invisible on a line that is supposed to be a difference maker for MTL (easy matchups). I guess that means Byron or Lehkonen get a look there, or possibly Poehling at some point. Armia is a really strong player, but he does not make plays - his game is well suited for the 4th line and it would really help the young 4C's.
Romanov looked good but there was some mistakes, let him work those out before giving him too much. Same with edmundson give him a a few more games with Petry, he was really bad on the PK but fine otherwise I thought.

It's quite funny that the guys play their first game in like 4 months and people already want to trade or waive players who weren't at their best. There are a lot of new faces, and chemistry can be hard to build especially when there are no preseason games.

Be patient people. Edmunson doesn't play here the system he played in Carolina. As for Evans, he had a great camp so I would give him another shot. I liked an idea I heard to play more the first 3 centers and maybe skip a few of Evans' shifts.
PS: Boy that Suzuki line was good
Kotkaniemi15, MTLaveragefan, Shanesaw9 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage