SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Montreal Canadiens Season Discussion Thread

13 juill. 2021 à 14 h 34
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Quoting: SevenLeg

A post like this means he's 99% not coming back.

I don't think anyone thought he was
SevenLeg, A_Habs_fan et lucal2228 a aimé ceci.
13 juill. 2021 à 18 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516

Laval has a 6th D now. Right-handed, 24 years old, had 2 assists in 19 games for Grand Rapids this past year. If they don’t sign anyone else he’ll likely be the 6th defenseman until one of Guhle, Norlinder, and/or Harris join the team.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 15 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
There’s 3 days until Montréal needs to submit their expansion draft protection list. Before then they need to sign one of:
- Phillip Danault
- Corey Perry
- Michael Frolík
- Joel Armia
- Tomáš Tatar
- Eric Staal

If none of them are signed by Saturday, they will need to expose (in addition to Byron), one of Anderson, Toffoli, Drouin, Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, or Evans.

I’m guessing/hoping that Perry is re-signed before then, and he asks Seattle not to pick him. (Like Spezza will do in Toronto, although the Kraken aren’t picking him anyways) If they can’t get that done they really have to hope that Seattle doesn’t fancy Evans/Lehkonen ahead of Chiarot/Allen.
14 juill. 2021 à 15 h 30
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
There’s 3 days until Montréal needs to submit their expansion draft protection list. Before then they need to sign one of:
- Phillip Danault
- Corey Perry
- Michael Frolík
- Joel Armia
- Tomáš Tatar
- Eric Staal

If none of them are signed by Saturday, they will need to expose (in addition to Byron), one of Anderson, Toffoli, Drouin, Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen, or Evans.

I’m guessing/hoping that Perry is re-signed before then, and he asks Seattle not to pick him. (Like Spezza will do in Toronto, although the Kraken aren’t picking him anyways) If they can’t get that done they really have to hope that Seattle doesn’t fancy Evans/Lehkonen ahead of Chiarot/Allen.

I think Montreal is trying to trade Allen and get a back a goalie under contract, a forward under contract, and a pick
14 juill. 2021 à 15 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: HabsFan77
I think Montreal is trying to trade Allen and get a back a goalie under contract, a forward under contract, and a pick

Is this from a source, or just speculation? Because Montréal really doesn’t need another forward, and trading for one just for the expansion draft isn’t cost effective when you could just sign Frolík for free.

As for trading Allen, that’s an interesting idea, but if you trade him before the expansion draft that just makes it all the more likely that Seattle picks Chiarot. And now we’re losing 2 players instead of 1. It would probably be better to just let Seattle pick who they pick.
14 juill. 2021 à 15 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Assuming the habs protect:
F: Drouin, Anderson, Kotkaniemi, Toffoli, Evans, Lehkonen, Gallagher
D: Petry, Weber, Edmundson
G: Price

This is the order in which I think the habs would be ok with Seattle taking, from best case scenario to worst-case scenario:

1. Michael Pezzetta/Tomáš Tatar/Michael Frolík/Eric Staal/Erik Gustafsson/Gustav Olofsson/Charles Hudon/Brandon Baddock
2. Joel Armia/Jon Merrill/Alex Belzile/Joseph Blandisi
3. Xavier Ouellet/Lukas Vejdemo/Laurent Dauphin
4. Paul Byron
5. Brett Kulak
6. Cale Fleury
7. Jake Allen
8. Ben Chiarot
9. Phillip Danault
*Corey Perry*

Danault is so low (despite the fact that he’s a UFA) because if they pick him, it means that Seattle is almost certainly signing him.
A_Habs_fan et lucal2228 a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 15 h 38
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,329

This is the order in which I think the habs would be ok with Seattle taking, from beat case scenario to worst-case scenario:

1. Michael Pezzetta/Tomáš Tatar/Michael Frolík/Eric Staal/Erik Gustafsson/Gustav Olofsson/Charles Hudon/Brandon Baddock
4. Paul Byron
5. Brett Kulak
6. Cale Fleury
7. Jake Allen
8. Ben Chiarot
9. Phillip Danault
*Corey Perry*

Danault is so low (despite the fact that he’s a UFA) because if they pick him, it means that Seattle is almost certainly signing him.

I’d prefer losing Chiarot over Allen, we probably will sign Danault and let Lehkonen be our 2nd forward requirement
14 juill. 2021 à 15 h 42
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I’d prefer losing Chiarot over Allen, we probably will sign Danault and let Lehkonen be our 2nd forward requirement

I’m just thinking that Allen’s position is more easily replaceable.

Also if Danault is staying I don’t see why he can’t wait 4 days to sign. Corey Perry can meet the exposure requirements, and we know he’s willing to come back.
14 juill. 2021 à 15 h 44
I’m just thinking that Allen’s position is more easily replaceable.

Also if Danault is staying I don’t see why he can’t wait 4 days to sign. Corey Perry can meet the exposure requirements, and we know he’s willing to come back.

Good point, I don’t think MB wants to lose Chiarot but it makes sense, also yeah Perry’s probably the other player
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 16 h 7
Is this from a source, or just speculation? Because Montréal really doesn’t need another forward, and trading for one just for the expansion draft isn’t cost effective when you could just sign Frolík for free.

As for trading Allen, that’s an interesting idea, but if you trade him before the expansion draft that just makes it all the more likely that Seattle picks Chiarot. And now we’re losing 2 players instead of 1. It would probably be better to just let Seattle pick who they pick.

It's from a rumor, I'm pretty sure on the 31 thoughts podcast, that Montreal doesn't want lose Allen for nothing. I'm speculating the return. And as for losing Chiarot that frees up decent cap space, which this offseason is crucial because of everyone available.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 16 h 9

This is the order in which I think the habs would be ok with Seattle taking, from best case scenario to worst-case scenario:

4. Paul Byron
5. Brett Kulak
6. Cale Fleury
7. Jake Allen
8. Ben Chiarot
9. Phillip Danault
*Corey Perry*

I would leave Weber unprotected. Nobody is taking his contract for free, and it lets them protect Kulak or Fluery.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 16 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
It's from a rumor, I'm pretty sure on the 31 thoughts podcast, that Montreal doesn't want lose Allen for nothing. I'm speculating the return. And as for losing Chiarot that frees up decent cap space, which this offseason is crucial because of everyone available.

Freeing up cap space is all well and good, but we have to use the cap space to fill the hole left by Chiarot. And there’s only so many players available, so there’s no guarantees we’re able to land a D, and we’re left short a top 4 D. Although I guess since he’s a UFA now, if we’re sure that we could land Suter it would be fine to lose Chiarot.
nickthehabsfan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 16 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
I would leave Weber unprotected. Nobody is taking his contract for free, and it lets them protect Kulak or Fluery.

Kulak is likely gone no matter what. Fleury isn’t worth protecting. Weber had a good playoffs and the team wouldn’t be able to function without him, there’s no reason why we wouldn’t protect him.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 16 h 18
WentWughes
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 10,259
Kulak is likely gone no matter what. Fleury isn’t worth protecting. Weber had a good playoffs and the team wouldn’t be able to function without him, there’s no reason why we wouldn’t protect him.

We wouldn't protect Weber because Seattle isn't touching that contract. If they do it's a massive W. Would be a good opportunity to pick up a good defender for cheap that another team can't protect. Also there's 0 chance Montreal protects Drouin. He won't even play for the team and has 0 value with that contract.
14 juill. 2021 à 16 h 25
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
We wouldn't protect Weber because Seattle isn't touching that contract. If they do it's a massive W. Would be a good opportunity to pick up a good defender for cheap that another team can't protect. Also there's 0 chance Montreal protects Drouin. He won't even play for the team and has 0 value with that contract.

We can’t know that for sure until we know what’s going on with Drouin but he has value to the team and we should keep him
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 17 h 8
WentWughes
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
We can’t know that for sure until we know what’s going on with Drouin but he has value to the team and we should keep him

I just don't think it's worth it to protect a player who doesn't (allegedly) want to play here. It's 5.5 Million and let's face it, he's not that good anyways.
14 juill. 2021 à 17 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
I just don't think it's worth it to protect a player who doesn't (allegedly) want to play here. It's 5.5 Million and let's face it, he's not that good anyways.

Who’s giving these allegations then?
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 17 h 56
WentWughes
Who’s giving these allegations then?

That's the perception I've gotten from people on twitter, there's not a lot about it so I'm going on whT I've heard/seen
14 juill. 2021 à 18 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
That's the perception I've gotten from people on twitter, there's not a lot about it so I'm going on whT I've heard/seen

People on twitter? I’m assuming these are people that are close to Jo, because if not, that isn’t exactly reliable by any means.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 19 h 54
WentWughes

A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 20 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan

So Montréal saw what Tampa Bay did and decided to copy them.

But in all seriousness, what the f*ckity, f*ck? His best hockey of the year was in the playoffs, and a finger injury couldn’t take him out for an entire year. If that’s true, 1 that’s terrible, and 2 Montréal’s in for a ridiculous offseason.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 20 h 4
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,705
@Poehling

Post this stuff here.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-shea-webers-career-threatened-lingering-foot-ankle-problems/
Poehling a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 20 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
So, Dougie Hamilton? Because Montréal is badly in need of good defensemen, and they have a bunch of cap space.
SevenLeg, F50marco et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 20 h 8
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,483
So, Dougie Hamilton? Because Montréal is badly in need of good defensemen, and they have a bunch of cap space.

I've got mixed feelings about this tbh. Weber is the captain and all but is not nearly the $8M defender he's paid to be. I'd say go big on Hamilton or Pulock the year after.
Poehling et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
14 juill. 2021 à 20 h 12
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,705
Quoting: SevenLeg
I've got mixed feelings about this tbh. Weber is the captain and all but is not nearly the $8M defender he's paid to be. I'd say go big on Hamilton or Pulock the year after.

With Weber most likely done, the team is now very weak on the RH. Petry's age means he will decline....eventually. After that we got Cale Fleury....... So yeah, its Hamilton time!
Poehling et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage