SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Montreal Canadiens Season Discussion Thread

27 mai 2021 à 21 h 43
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,693
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
We’re going to be like Edmonton aren’t we? Ducharme’s decision to forgo a third pairing is really not looking good with extra time on the way.

I understand that we probably wouldn’t have won the series anyways, but if we lose because a linesman called an icing where there wasn’t one is the reason for the habs getting eliminated, I’ll be ****ing furious.

That non call is the least of the issues IMHO.
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2021 à 21 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: F50marco
That non call is the least of the issues IMHO.

I know, but it’s still annoying.
27 mai 2021 à 21 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
WOOOOOOO!
lucal2228, F50marco et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2021 à 21 h 59
was lebronisdagoat
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 265
SUZUKI CAUFIELD 🤩
Kotkaniemi15, F50marco et A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2021 à 22 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Now Ducharme better smarten up and put Romanov or Kulak in for Gustafsson, because it would be ideal for the habs to have a half-decent 3rd pair next game.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2021 à 22 h 48
Now Ducharme better smarten up and put Romanov or Kulak in for Gustafsson, because it would be ideal for the habs to have a half-decent 3rd pair next game.

I actually didnt mind Gus. I think we could really use him on the pp. Weber is useless there now. Romanov in for Merrill imo. Cant stand Merrill and kulak.
KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2021 à 6 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
I actually didnt mind Gus. I think we could really use him on the pp. Weber is useless there now. Romanov in for Merrill imo. Cant stand Merrill and kulak.

Is Gustafsson really that much of an upgrade over anyone else on the PP though? Ducharme clearly doesn’t trust him at 5-on-5, and I don’t think it’s a good idea to play Ben Chiarot for half the game again.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2021 à 9 h 14
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442

28 mai 2021 à 9 h 14
Is Gustafsson really that much of an upgrade over anyone else on the PP though? Ducharme clearly doesn’t trust him at 5-on-5, and I don’t think it’s a good idea to play Ben Chiarot for half the game again.

He can transition the puck unlike everyone else this series. Weber should not be on another PP ever again. His shot, which was why he was on the PP to begin with is no longer a threat. Take his shot away and hes only slowing the unit down. He can't make quick passes, can't transition. So if not him and Petry is literally the only other guy, who else?

Gus is a liability defensively for sure but I don't know if you noticed but so were the other 6 dman in this series. At least Gus will do a couple things well, transition the puck up towards the other end of the ice and you know....make a tape to tape pass for once. The other 6 have been hopeless this series in this regard.
A_Habs_fan et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2021 à 10 h 13
Habs fan somehow
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 80

Hey Marco, I mistakenly added Kotkaniemi15 to my ignore list. How can I undo that?
28 mai 2021 à 10 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
He can transition the puck unlike everyone else this series. Weber should not be on another PP ever again. His shot, which was why he was on the PP to begin with is no longer a threat. Take his shot away and hes only slowing the unit down. He can't make quick passes, can't transition. So if not him and Petry is literally the only other guy, who else?

Gus is a liability defensively for sure but I don't know if you noticed but so were the other 6 dman in this series. At least Gus will do a couple things well, transition the puck up towards the other end of the ice and you know....make a tape to tape pass for once. The other 6 have been hopeless this series in this regard.

I agree he’s way better than Weber as a QB, although I’m not sure what Gustafsson brings that Romanov doesn’t. Sure he’s a slightly better passer, but every other part of Romanov’s game is better. And even if Romanov isn’t in the lineup, I don’t know why they aren’t trying someone like Tatar on the point in the absence of Drouin.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2021 à 10 h 20
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: gm_jeanguy
Hey Marco, I mistakenly added Kotkaniemi15 to my ignore list. How can I undo that?

You go to profile, then click ignore list and then you can click the checkmark beside the name and it will undo the action
28 mai 2021 à 13 h 3
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
You go to profile, then click ignore list and then you can click the checkmark beside the name and it will undo the action

@gm_jeanguy Yep I think its as simple as that. If not let me know.
28 mai 2021 à 13 h 10
I agree he’s way better than Weber as a QB, although I’m not sure what Gustafsson brings that Romanov doesn’t. Sure he’s a slightly better passer, but every other part of Romanov’s game is better. And even if Romanov isn’t in the lineup, I don’t know why they aren’t trying someone like Tatar on the point in the absence of Drouin.

Romanov has been decent in his first season but I think taking the blinders off, the second half of the year he made lots of mistakes and was not generating any offence from his play at all. During the season you can let things like that slide but in the playoffs you need consistency and I think he may have made mistakes similar to how Toronto's Sandin has. Lets not make any mistake about, Habs would have been eliminated already if it weren't for Sandin. Many of MTL's goals came from his errors. I think Romanov may have had the same fate and given the Habs already have a bunch of other options, I can see the logic in Romanov not playing. There was a difference up front with KK and CC as they were literally the better options. I don't mind putting Romanov in because experience is so valuable for him but for a team with cup aspirations, I can see why Romanov was left off the starting roster.
A_Habs_fan et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2021 à 14 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Romanov has been decent in his first season but I think taking the blinders off, the second half of the year he made lots of mistakes and was not generating any offence from his play at all. During the season you can let things like that slide but in the playoffs you need consistency and I think he may have made mistakes similar to how Toronto's Sandin has. Lets not make any mistake about, Habs would have been eliminated already if it weren't for Sandin. Many of MTL's goals came from his errors. I think Romanov may have had the same fate and given the Habs already have a bunch of other options, I can see the logic in Romanov not playing. There was a difference up front with KK and CC as they were literally the better options. I don't mind putting Romanov in because experience is so valuable for him but for a team with cup aspirations, I can see why Romanov was left off the starting roster.

I’m fine with Romanov not playing in the opening lineup, because Kulak and Merrill are better all-around defensemen than Romanov right now. What I don’t agree with is Gustafsson playing ahead of Romanov though, since he’s bad 5-on-5, and IMO not that much better than Romanov is on the man advantage.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
28 mai 2021 à 17 h 34
I’m fine with Romanov not playing in the opening lineup, because Kulak and Merrill are better all-around defensemen than Romanov right now. What I don’t agree with is Gustafsson playing ahead of Romanov though, since he’s bad 5-on-5, and IMO not that much better than Romanov is on the man advantage.

"not that much better than Romanov is on the PP"

Romanov has never in his career been an offensive threat. Never. He is a solid two way dman at his best.

Gustafsson once scored 60 points in a season as a dman. Romanov will never be close to what Gustafsson is in that regard. Thats ok though, he doesnt need to be but Romanov is very very far from what Gus is as a pure offensive threat.

So no, hes pretty far from it actually. Habs are 0-15 or something like that in this series on the PP. We absolutely need a threat on the PP badly.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
29 mai 2021 à 11 h 17
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Evans appears to be a game tying decision for today, while Merrill is injured so Kulak slots back in
29 mai 2021 à 12 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Evans appears to be a game tying decision for today, while Merrill is injured so Kulak slots back in

That sucks. At least we have Kulak back in the lineup, but unless Romanov also slots in, the habs will probably continue using mostly 2 pairings, and since Kulak never plays special teams, he’ll barely play at all.
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
29 mai 2021 à 19 h 43
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Fix You, Cheering, and Michel Lacroix. Goosebumps.
29 mai 2021 à 19 h 49
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
I forgot that habs fans have a habit of booing our former players.
29 mai 2021 à 21 h 56
Habs fan somehow
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 80
At last, the playoffs are back on Habsland. By far the best game of the series.
Kotkaniemi15 et nickthehabsfan a aimé ceci.
29 mai 2021 à 22 h 57
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,442
That was... something
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
29 mai 2021 à 23 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: SevenLeg
That was... something

Montréal’s worst period of the season ends with the greatest moment of the season.
29 mai 2021 à 23 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan

This is crazy.
29 mai 2021 à 23 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan

I’d like to report a murder.