SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Montreal Canadiens Season Discussion Thread

13 janv. 2021 à 18 h 10
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Here’s a place where we can discuss anything to do with the habs season this year.
13 janv. 2021 à 22 h 23
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Montreal Canadiens 4 Toronto Maple Leafs 5 (OT)
Montreal played well but an unlucky bounce off a ref caused the loss imo. Anderson was so fun to watch and Suzuki is the real deal. Guess the Habs management kind of lied when they said Romanov was on the third pair...(He played 22:49, 2nd most on the team behind Weber). He had a great pass that led to a goal and he played well too. I liked KK and Toffoli had lots of good chances just couldn't finish (including an open shot in over time that he shot straight in the goalies chest) Overall a good but unlucky game for the Habs. Next up: Saturday vs EDM
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2021 à 1 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: HabsFan77
Montreal Canadiens 4 Toronto Maple Leafs 5 (OT)
Montreal played well but an unlucky bounce off a ref caused the loss imo. Anderson was so fun to watch and Suzuki is the real deal. Guess the Habs management kind of lied when they said Romanov was on the third pair...(He played 22:49, 2nd most on the team behind Weber). He had a great pass that led to a goal and he played well too. I liked KK and Toffoli had lots of good chances just couldn't finish (including an open shot in over time that he shot straight in the goalies chest) Overall a good but unlucky game for the Habs. Next up: Saturday vs EDM

Yeah, it was a good game, but the bounces didn’t go our way. And I don’t think that Romanov was meant to play so much. He just ended up playing a lot because of all the PP time, and got time on the PK because we have D in the box. He still spent most of his even strength time with Kulak. But he looked really good, and I could definitely see him playing higher in the lineup if they wanted to make the D pairs less even.

One of my takeaways is how good the powerplay looked. When they’re in the zone it isn’t too different, but the zone entries were exponentially better than they were last year. My only gripe would be that I would want KK to shoot more, rather than just trying to dish the puck away every time. Even if he’s taking a stationary wristlet, his shot is still deadly, and worst case scenario the puck has a better chance ending up on another hab’s stick than when he’s passing directly through the PKers.
nickthehabsfan a aimé ceci.
14 janv. 2021 à 11 h 35
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,559
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Yeah, it was a good game, but the bounces didn’t go our way. And I don’t think that Romanov was meant to play so much. He just ended up playing a lot because of all the PP time, and got time on the PK because we have D in the box. He still spent most of his even strength time with Kulak. But he looked really good, and I could definitely see him playing higher in the lineup if they wanted to make the D pairs less even.

One of my takeaways is how good the powerplay looked. When they’re in the zone it isn’t too different, but the zone entries were exponentially better than they were last year. My only gripe would be that I would want KK to shoot more, rather than just trying to dish the puck away every time. Even if he’s taking a stationary wristlet, his shot is still deadly, and worst case scenario the puck has a better chance ending up on another hab’s stick than when he’s passing directly through the PKers.

It's only a matter of time before he starts to shoot more
14 janv. 2021 à 12 h 8
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,291
I now like the Domi trade a lot more, Anderson did great, Romanov is definetly NHL ready, Price is in good form even though the stats don't reflect it, Toffoli did well, Suzuki will be 1c by the end of the season
nickthehabsfan et Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
16 janv. 2021 à 22 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Modifié 17 janv. 2021 à 0 h 5
Great game all around. Petry continues to burn his former team. Carey was just stellar tonight. He absolutely shut down Edmonton’s PP.

Edmundson looked good, and Romanov continues to impress. Anderson’s skating is very similar to McDavid’s, and his big body is going to make him real dangerous in the cut towards the net move that he likes to do.

Can’t wait for the rematch on Monday.
17 janv. 2021 à 0 h 21
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
@GMs @Blazingbat11 @MTLaveragefan @SevenLeg @math731 @Habs4ever @jpsnow13

I thought I’d tag some people so that you know that this exists. The team forum posts can get buried down pretty low in the forums section, so they don’t get seen as much. Anyways, this is probably an easier way to discuss habs games or news than it would be in the comments of AC-GM teams.

Also, feel free to tag anyone I forgot.
Habs4ever et Blazingbat11 a aimé ceci.
17 janv. 2021 à 6 h 24
Habs4ever
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,193
Great game all around. Petry continues to burn his former team. Carey was just stellar tonight. He absolutely shut down Edmonton’s PP.

Edmundson looked good, and Romanov continues to impress. Anderson’s skating is very similar to McDavid’s, and his big body is going to make him real dangerous in the cut towards the net move that he likes to do.

Can’t wait for the rematch on Monday.

Happy to see someone recognizes Edmundson is playing a good game. He is leading the team in blocked shots, plus/minus and is tied for the lead in Hits. He has come as advertised, nothing fancy but efficient in his own end.
17 janv. 2021 à 6 h 26
Habs4ever
Mentions "j'aime": 1,193
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I now like the Domi trade a lot more, Anderson did great, Romanov is definetly NHL ready, Price is in good form even though the stats don't reflect it, Toffoli did well, Suzuki will be 1c by the end of the season

I am glad someone else is seeing Toffoli is playing well. The points may not be there yet, but his wall work, passes and d-zone awareness are much better than I expected. I liked the Domi trade right away and Suzuki is a stud.
17 janv. 2021 à 10 h 8
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,441
Toffoli has been playing well, but it hasn't not translated in the scoresheets just yet. I really feel like Armia is slowing them down with his laziness & lack of implication. I'd try Byron on Kotkaniemi's LW for the next game.
17 janv. 2021 à 10 h 12
Quoting: SevenLeg
Toffoli has been playing well, but it hasn't not translated in the scoresheets just yet. I really feel like Armia is slowing them down with his laziness & lack of implication. I'd try Byron on Kotkaniemi's LW for the next game.

I agree with you i feel like Armia is more well suited for a grinder line than a scoring line, he’d do better with Evans and Lehkonen
17 janv. 2021 à 10 h 15
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,441
I agree with you i feel like Armia is more well suited for a grinder line than a scoring line, he’d do better with Evans and Lehkonen

100% agree
17 janv. 2021 à 11 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan

I cannot agree more. Armia on the 4th line is the best version of Armia.
17 janv. 2021 à 19 h 28
Molson beer is meh
Mentions "j'aime": 1,673
I cannot agree more. Armia on the 4th line is the best version of Armia.

Quoting: SevenLeg
100% agree

Yup all in agreement!! Armia on the 4th line with Lehky and Evans. Byron with more speed to compliment Toffoli and KK.

Evans and Edmundson really redeemed themselves after the Leafs game.
18 janv. 2021 à 10 h 49
@Campabee @habsfan01 if you want to discuss the habs season there is a thread

Also i feel like we should give Mete a chance
habsfan01 et Campabee a aimé ceci.
18 janv. 2021 à 10 h 52
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 6,238
@Campabee @habsfan01 if you want to discuss the habs season there is a thread

Also i feel like we should give Mete a chance

Romanov was recalled this morning I wonder if they would consider sitting Kulak for a game and running

Chiarot-Weber
Romanov-Petry
Edmundson-Mete
habsfan01 a aimé ceci.
18 janv. 2021 à 10 h 54
Quoting: Campabee
Romanov was recalled this morning I wonder if they would consider sitting Kulak for a game and running

Chiarot-Weber
Romanov-Petry
Edmundson-Mete

They only placed Romanov on the taxi squad to accumulate cap space but i do hope we play Mete sometime
Campabee et nickthehabsfan a aimé ceci.
18 janv. 2021 à 10 h 56
They only placed Romanov on the taxi squad to accumulate cap space but i do hope we play Mete sometime

I feel like playing Romanov with Petry would be more beneficial for the kid. Petry is one of the best 2 way defenders in the game.
18 janv. 2021 à 10 h 58
I feel like playing Romanov with Petry would be more beneficial for the kid. Petry is one of the best 2 way defenders in the game.

Well Edmunson has been doing well with Petry so i'd be hesitant to switch it, but maybe play him with Weber since Chiarot hasn't been great
18 janv. 2021 à 11 h 0
Well Edmunson has been doing well with Petry so i'd be hesitant to switch it, but maybe play him with Weber since Chiarot hasn't been great

These would be my proposed lines for next game https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/409758
18 janv. 2021 à 11 h 0
Banni
Rejoint: janv. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 264

Chiarot-Weber
Romanov-Petry
Edmundson-Mete

have the 2 PP as Romanov-Mete
18 janv. 2021 à 11 h 3
Quoting: habsfan01
have the 2 PP as Romanov-Mete

I don't see CJ doing this as it means 2 young guys on one unit, but IMO it would be the right move.
habsfan01 a aimé ceci.
18 janv. 2021 à 11 h 5
I don't see CJ doing this as it means 2 young guys on one unit, but IMO it would be the right move.

Well 2 kids on a powerplay unit isn't too bad and Mete has decent NHL experience
18 janv. 2021 à 11 h 8
Well 2 kids on a powerplay unit isn't too bad and Mete has decent NHL experience

I forgot KK so 3 Kids lol. I agree they should go with the best players but you know CJ and how set he is in his ways
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
18 janv. 2021 à 11 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan

What do you mean? They (Chiarot - Weber) have looked just as good as they have since they’ve been together, and their xGF% is 3rd out of D-pairings.

KSIxSKULLS a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage