SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Winnipeg Jets

Winnipeg Jets 2021 season preview

8 janv. 2021 à 18 h 14
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
After adding Stastny and extending DeMelo, they are trying to come back to that 2018 level.

Let's start with their x factor: someone, ANYONE, needs to step up in that D-core. Their right side is set with Pionk, DeMelo and Poolman. Morrissey is a very underrated defender but someone needs to help these 4. Samberg, Niku and Heinola are all quality options for that spot.

Their offense is very set, especially if Roslovic comes back.

I do wonder why Brossoit was brought back. I do not believe he is a good NHL goalie at all, I think they could've used a quality backup yet GMKC didn't add anyone. Brossoit will need to provide Hellebuyck some help

Here's how I'd build their lineup if Roslo comes back:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Stastny-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Roslo
Harkins-Perreault-Appleton

Morrissey-DeMelo
x-factor-Pionk
Forbort/Beaulieu/Niku-Poolman

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

@masterjuddi
@bunzy1034
@tsyls
@MisstheWhalers
masterjuddi a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2021 à 19 h 38
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,353
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
After adding Stastny and extending DeMelo, they are trying to come back to that 2018 level.

Let's start with their x factor: someone, ANYONE, needs to step up in that D-core. Their right side is set with Pionk, DeMelo and Poolman. Morrissey is a very underrated defender but someone needs to help these 4. Samberg, Niku and Heinola are all quality options for that spot.

Their offense is very set, especially if Roslovic comes back.

I do wonder why Brossoit was brought back. I do not believe he is a good NHL goalie at all, I think they could've used a quality backup yet GMKC didn't add anyone. Brossoit will need to provide Hellebuyck some help

Here's how I'd build their lineup if Roslo comes back:

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Stastny-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Roslo
Harkins-Perreault-Appleton

Morrissey-DeMelo
x-factor-Pionk
Forbort/Beaulieu/Niku-Poolman

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

@masterjuddi
@bunzy1034
@tsyls
@MisstheWhalers

Roslovic isn't coming back unfortunately and even if he did come back he doesn't fit where you put him cause those other two are stonehands with little offensive iq though that's where Maurice would stick him as thats where he spent quite a bit of time last season which is why he wants out imo.

The X factor you're talking about is going to be Forbort, I've been predicting all along he'd be Pionk's partner and so far in camp that's where he's been slotted, what they'll do with Heinola and Samberg I'm not sure but I assume the Moose or back to Finland for Heinola.

Brossoit is fine, he just needs to play more to be better but he won't get the games due to Helly wanting to play every game and Maurice typically running one goalie heavily, this year is way different so maybe Brossoit will get more starts.

I don't see them as being nearly as good as the 17-18 team, the Canadian division will be pretty wide open though so maybe they can make some noise.
tsyls, arafay et masterjuddi a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2021 à 19 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Roslovic isn't coming back unfortunately and even if he did come back he doesn't fit where you put him cause those other two are stonehands with little offensive iq though that's where Maurice would stick him as thats where he spent quite a bit of time last season which is why he wants out imo.

The X factor you're talking about is going to be Forbort, I've been predicting all along he'd be Pionk's partner and so far in camp that's where he's been slotted, what they'll do with Heinola and Samberg I'm not sure but I assume the Moose or back to Finland for Heinola.

Brossoit is fine, he just needs to play more to be better but he won't get the games due to Helly wanting to play every game and Maurice typically running one goalie heavily, this year is way different so maybe Brossoit will get more starts.

I don't see them as being nearly as good as the 17-18 team, the Canadian division will be pretty wide open though so maybe they can make some noise.

Seriously... WHY HASN'T GMKC FIRED PAUL MAURICE YET????????? BLOWS MY MIND
8 janv. 2021 à 19 h 58
MisstheWhalers
Seriously... WHY HASN'T GMKC FIRED PAUL MAURICE YET????????? BLOWS MY MIND

What part of my comment got that reaction from you?.. Lol

Idk, I think ownership really likes Maurice so that's a huge factor plus I think it's hard to get coaches to come to Winnipeg just like it is free agents so there's that as well, he's entrenching himself in the community too so that goes a long way with ownership, I don't see Maurice going anywhere for awhile.
tsyls et arafay a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2021 à 20 h 23
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
What part of my comment got that reaction from you?.. Lol

Idk, I think ownership really likes Maurice so that's a huge factor plus I think it's hard to get coaches to come to Winnipeg just like it is free agents so there's that as well, he's entrenching himself in the community too so that goes a long way with ownership, I don't see Maurice going anywhere for awhile.

The fact that his coaching pretty much pushed Roslo out the door
MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2021 à 20 h 35
Cold spaghetti
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,134
Ville Heinola is really good and should seriously be getting a look on the roster, but again its Paul Maurice, so I would not be suprised.
KakkoForMauriceRichardAward, tsyls, MisstheWhalers and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2021 à 20 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: bunzy1034
Ville Heinola is really good and should seriously be getting a look on the roster, but again its Paul Maurice, so I would not be suprised.

Maurice is so awful man
bunzy1034 et MisstheWhalers a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2021 à 20 h 39
Cold spaghetti
Maurice is so awful man

Yeah anyone who thinks Tucker Poolman deserves top pairing minutes has actual issues
8 janv. 2021 à 20 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Brace for the Storm
Yeah anyone who thinks Tucker Poolman deserves top pairing minutes has actual issues

Tbf Poolman's pretty solid and reliable but yeah he's a number 6
bunzy1034 a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2021 à 21 h 2
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 4,825
Tbf Poolman's pretty solid and reliable but yeah he's a number 6

Yeah, as you can probably see from all these comments that Maurice is not a great coach. The way he runs his lines make 0 sense, he plays the stone hands 3rd line for like 20 mins, he pushes Roslovic out too. It’s just ridiculous. He runs the same systems year to year and makes 0 changes. It annoys me
8 janv. 2021 à 21 h 23
MisstheWhalers

Quoting: tsyls
Yeah, as you can probably see from all these comments that Maurice is not a great coach. The way he runs his lines make 0 sense, he plays the stone hands 3rd line for like 20 mins, he pushes Roslovic out too. It’s just ridiculous. He runs the same systems year to year and makes 0 changes. It annoys me

Have either of you heard who the bottom two lines have been at camp? Honestly unless an injury happens(which likely will) it seems like one of Harkins or Appleton is going to be watching from the press box.
tsyls a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2021 à 21 h 25
Cold spaghetti
Have either of you heard who the bottom two lines have been at camp? Honestly unless an injury happens(which likely will) it seems like one of Harkins or Appleton is going to be watching from the press box.

Today it was:
Copp-Lowry-Appleton
Harkins-Thompson-Perrault
8 janv. 2021 à 21 h 37
MisstheWhalers
Today it was:
Copp-Lowry-Appleton
Harkins-Thompson-Perrault

Thought I heard Harkins was hurt, Lewis is gonna be the 4th line RW I bet.
tsyls a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2021 à 21 h 47
NO GOD NO, SAMBERG REPLACES NIKU IN GROUP A

I’m not upset about Samberg joining group A, but putting Niku back? That makes 0 sense @arafay @MisstheWhalers @bunzy1034 @Birtle34
arafay a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2021 à 22 h 56
Bandwagon fairweathe
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,250

I’m not upset about Samberg joining group A, but putting Niku back? That makes 0 sense @arafay @MisstheWhalers @bunzy1034 @Birtle34

I got a bad feeling about this season, mostly the hype of a older stasny and a lack of anyone behind him, and also the patchwork of the blueline and rushing the so called saviours and casting away the youth that has been around a while. A injury to stasny, or pionk/morrisey/demelo and this squad in major chaos. But most teams can’t withstand too much in a salary cap era
MisstheWhalers, arafay et tsyls a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2021 à 23 h 4
MisstheWhalers

Niku was in the B group today?
tsyls a aimé ceci.
9 janv. 2021 à 23 h 15
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384

Niku was in the B group today?

Yes, niku was in group 2 today. However, I think it’s just to get Samberg some time playing with the big guys since sbisa and niku will be the extras on the roster and they don’t necessarily need to play with the opening night lineup rn.

I think Niku is maurice’s 7th d right now. When heinola comes in, make that 8th. Still leaves him some opportunity to get into the lineup in case of injury, though I’d love to see him be a regular over poolman tbh
tsyls a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2021 à 15 h 16
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: arafay
Yes, niku was in group 2 today. However, I think it’s just to get Samberg some time playing with the big guys since sbisa and niku will be the extras on the roster and they don’t necessarily need to play with the opening night lineup rn.

I think Niku is maurice’s 7th d right now. When heinola comes in, make that 8th. Still leaves him some opportunity to get into the lineup in case of injury, though I’d love to see him be a regular over poolman tbh

You ever get the feeling that Chevy still believes in Niku and Maurice is thinking this kid can f*ck off to the minors or anywhere else for all he cares?

I'm seeing Maurice's same patterns in his camp lineups, nothing is changing with him.
10 janv. 2021 à 17 h 55
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,384
You ever get the feeling that Chevy still believes in Niku and Maurice is thinking this kid can f*ck off to the minors or anywhere else for all he cares?

I'm seeing Maurice's same patterns in his camp lineups, nothing is changing with him.

Idk, I think Maurice just doesn’t trust niku enough to be a regular. Maurice knows he can make plays but he’s god awful against the rush. I think that’s a serious thing maurice just can’t get over
10 janv. 2021 à 18 h 6
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: arafay
Idk, I think Maurice just doesn’t trust niku enough to be a regular. Maurice knows he can make plays but he’s god awful against the rush. I think that’s a serious thing maurice just can’t get over

That or he's still holding the blowup Niku had with Huddy against him, the internal politics of the team and favoritism/pettiness is a real thing, not some made up conspiracy theory.

We'll see, idk if Niku has what it takes but I'd sure like to see him be given the chance to prove himself one way or another.
I haven't seen any of the scrimmages, wonder how Niku is doing with the extra weight/muscle he apparently put on, would think it'd help him defend against the rush.
arafay a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2021 à 19 h 17

Oh boy even more nonsense. I get you need vets. But not the whole bottom 6. Go check out that interview.

https://fullpresshockey.com/2021/01/10/jets-coach-maurice-emphasizes-importance-of-veteran-bottom-six/?fbclid=IwAR1oge5nQ5I_SRxD5h5_ft90rgBLqc7QJmVjKccurUxmcZKtKUB6u4AfSnM
10 janv. 2021 à 20 h 22
Bandwagon fairweathe
Oh boy even more nonsense. I get you need vets. But not the whole bottom 6. Go check out that interview.

https://fullpresshockey.com/2021/01/10/jets-coach-maurice-emphasizes-importance-of-veteran-bottom-six/?fbclid=IwAR1oge5nQ5I_SRxD5h5_ft90rgBLqc7QJmVjKccurUxmcZKtKUB6u4AfSnM

He doesn’t get it, this team heading for a dumpster fire, miracle kids too young to make a legit difference to the older nucleus and the scheifeles and wheeler led squad of a 3 year window could be some ugly separations coming possibly sooner. But hopefully just the pessimist talking
tsyls, MisstheWhalers et arafay a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2021 à 20 h 45
Quoting: Birtle34
He doesn’t get it, this team heading for a dumpster fire, miracle kids too young to make a legit difference to the older nucleus and the scheifeles and wheeler led squad of a 3 year window could be some ugly separations coming possibly sooner. But hopefully just the pessimist talking

I agree with everything that you said LOL, I’m sure @MisstheWhalers agrees too
10 janv. 2021 à 21 h 11
MisstheWhalers

Checked it out, yeah I'm pretty sure that was taken from Maurice's interviews on Thursday or Friday I think, he expressed his admiration for these veteran 4th liners and knowing his tendencies they'll be in the lineup and we haven't seen Toninato yet, he's a factor as well.

After hearing this is it any surprise Roslovic is wanting out? How long before Vesalainen(though he may be a bust idk) requests a trade? These young guys with offense in their games see a top 6 that's a tough one to crack, a 3rd line with two stonehands on it and a 4th line of veteran grinders, they can see their opportunities and earning potential going down the toilet and say get me out of here. I get you need some veterans around and gawd knows Lewis and Thompson will likely be better then Letestu and Bourque but if these drafted kids are so important to this organization that no one wants to play for why do they keep throwing so many road blocks(veterans/plugs) in front of them? I get there needs to be competition and these young guys need to "earn their spot/ice time" but it's beyond that at
this point.

Too funny though, Lewis, Thompson and Toninato were all as productive as Lowry was last season... 😂
SevenLeg, tsyls et Birtle34 a aimé ceci.
10 janv. 2021 à 22 h 35
Bandwagon fairweathe
Checked it out, yeah I'm pretty sure that was taken from Maurice's interviews on Thursday or Friday I think, he expressed his admiration for these veteran 4th liners and knowing his tendencies they'll be in the lineup and we haven't seen Toninato yet, he's a factor as well.

After hearing this is it any surprise Roslovic is wanting out? How long before Vesalainen(though he may be a bust idk) requests a trade? These young guys with offense in their games see a top 6 that's a tough one to crack, a 3rd line with two stonehands on it and a 4th line of veteran grinders, they can see their opportunities and earning potential going down the toilet and say get me out of here. I get you need some veterans around and gawd knows Lewis and Thompson will likely be better then Letestu and Bourque but if these drafted kids are so important to this organization that no one wants to play for why do they keep throwing so many road blocks(veterans/plugs) in front of them? I get there needs to be competition and these young guys need to "earn their spot/ice time" but it's beyond that at
this point.

Too funny though, Lewis, Thompson and Toninato were all as productive as Lowry was last season... 😂

I’m not sure that Maurice truly understands where he is, he’s not on the leafs or even Carolina no longer, no ufas to save u. The kids need to be the difference in status quo or progression or regression. He seems to shoot for status quo and got some progression out of the top end talent there, but without solid kids being developed, and a theory of mediocre to bad leaf teams of early 00s and pre salary cap. Setup roadblock galore in front of the youth and alienate them on the farm or skating in the black aces, instead of ice and developing by making mistakes one year to be ready the next or later. 15 sweep by Anaheim why was enstrom/other dman can’t remember his name in the lineup. Knowing full well that neither with the team a season later. Sorry for the rant, but some simple common sense needed. Jets fan since eagles/taglianetti and the late great hawerchuk/. But damn this squad deserves better

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage