SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

A Way to soon 2020 ReDraft with WJC Considerations

A Way to soon 2020 ReDraft with WJC Considerations

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: dls9
Publié: 6 janv. 2021 à 14 h 4
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Rangers de New York-I don't think think any changes would be made here - I know it's a 'WJC' ranking but If Lafreniere were playing he would have been the best in the tournament, after being the tournament MVP year ago.
2Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Stuetzle was the best player in the WJC. Hands down. He was the best player in every game and looks to be ready now.
3Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseIf you gave me the choice between who I could have in the lineup for the gold metal game, Lundell or Byfield, I would have chosen Lundell. Worries of 'Lack of offensive upside' can be disregarded. Very strong 200 ft game. I think Lundell is ready now.
4Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-This was tough. Raymond is probably still strongly considered, but I don't think Detroit could pass on the skating ability on the back end from Drysdale. Arguably Canada's best defenceman - the Byram-Drysdale duo was equally contributed to by Drysdale, although Byram seemed to have gotten more praise from TSN commentators. Drysdale looked to be an ELITE puck moving D.
5Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Obviously a long shot (but its fun so to keep with the rules of this mock draft) - I know Sanderson is still on the board ..... but how could you not take Topi Niemela - Advertised as a defensive player (which Ottawa wanted in Sanderson), but showed he could produce offensively as well. **NOTE: Niemela will be the only player I take from outside of guys expected to go in the first round. I think trying to rank guys like Mysak or Simontaival against guys like Jarvis would be unfair, as they didn't get the same opportunity - Niemela was just had such a great tournament I couldn't skip him.
6Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-I think Sanderson performed exactly as expected during this tournament. He isn't flashy, he doesn't put up points, but he is hard to play against and is a very good defensive D-man, makes very little mistakes. I think he would learn lots and be a very similar player to Josh Manson.
7Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Byfield had to be better. I was pretty underwhelmed by his performance this tournament. Besides one game where he put up 6 points against the second worst team, he was just a 3rd line power forward who really couldn't make plays happen. If you were to give me the option of Byfield or some of the guys even lower than 7th to win a game this weekend, I'd probably pick some of the other players ahead of Byfield *still* ... but I think there is something to be said about a 6'4" 220 18 year old that could still complement a team like NJ well, who's future seems to be filled with small, speedy forwards (Hughes, Bratt, Hischier, etc). Obviously he still has a high ceiling, but the theme of this 'ReDraft' is based on WJC performance, and Byfield didn't really perform.
8Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-I think what the Sabres were looking for in the Jack Quinn pick, Noel Gunler delivered. A raw sniper who could play with a good playmaker. 4 goals in 5 games is probably what Buffalo was looking to see from Jack Quinn, who was rather underwhelming playing a good chunk of the tournament with Cozens/Newhook. I think if Buffalo could only use this tournament to make a decision on what sniper they want to ride shotgun with Eichel for the next 5 years, Gunler would be the choice.
9Logo de Wild du Minnesota-I'm going to be honest - I didn't watch any of Austria's games. I didn't hear anything about Rossi - positive or negative. I think it would be unfair to move him from 9.
10Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-In this WJC Bias draft, JJ Peterka probably could have been a little higher. 5 points in 10 games is really impressive but I have to wonder how much of that came from riding shotgun with the best player in the tournament. Still, 10 points for Germany is impressive and if all Winnipeg had to go on was ths WJC, I think they take the player with a 2 ppg average over Perfetti (6 in 7).
11Logo de Predators de Nashville-I feel like I've been a little rough on Lucas Raymond. He didn't have a bad tournament, but he didn't shine like some of his other peers I mentioned 2-5. I think Raymond probably had a better all around tournament than Byfield/Gunler but I think specific parts of their game fit better with the teams I chose for them , definitely a better tournament than Rossi. Maybe 10 is a little low but whatever. I would say at this point Raymond is probably the "best player available" from the tournament out of his fellow first round picks.
12Logo de Panthers de la Floride-I think these next two picks are a toss up - Amirov and Perfetti. I think they both had a better tournament than Holtz but both benefitted from playing with a really good C (Podzolkin and Cozens on the PP), and Askarov is not considered as Florida already has Spencer Knight AND Devon Levi. I think I give the edge to Amirov. I found him to be in the play more than Perfetti, who I think had a good PP showing with Canada but not much else, but we'll see what you think.
13Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoSee previous pick explanation. It could be either or.
14Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-I have a hard time assessing goalies in drafts. He played well vs Finland, brutal vs Canada. Sometimes bad bounces go in. Spencer Knight had a brutal game 1 but was great vs Canada. Yeah, this is a lazy pick, sorry. To me, trying to compare goalies vs players is like comparing apples to oranges. Did Askarov have a worse tournament than Holtz? No idea.
15Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Penguins de PittsburghDawson Mercer was great. He's defensive, he's able to play whatever role is needed - Powerplay? Sure. PK? Sure. Shutdown 4th line? Happy to. He isn't the biggest guy but he throws the body and gets to gritty areas of the ice. As Mike Babcock would say, he's 6'5 every time he steps on the ice. I think he's exactly the player the Leafs would love to have. Another Zach Hyman, but more skilled. Full disclosure, I think he should be higher on this list based on WJC performance - but as a Leaf fan I just loved the fit too much to pass on.
16Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Holtz could probably go here, but I'm going to use some prior bias knowing that Montreal wanted a D-man to keep the pick they originally made. I think Guhle was as advertised this tournament - big strong and defensive. Some flashes of offence were nice too (same point count as Holtz as a D). I think Guhle performed exactly as he should have as a 16th overall pick.
17Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-In fairness, maybe Reichel would have kept his spot if he played. But since he didn't - Holtz. Similar to Byfield, 1G 2A in 5 games isn't the worst ... but I expected more from the 6th overall pick on a decent team. I had hoped that Holtz and Raymond would be a super fun duo to watch and run away with the point count similar to Stuetzle and Peterka, but it didn't happen.
18Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
Jack Quinn (-10 )
I think Jack Quinn probably performed exactly as we would have expected if he wasn't the surprising 8th overall pick. But the OHL's elite sniper from 2019-2020 had one empty net goal and 4 assists - and it wasn't for the lack of opportunity. He wasn't awful, he wasn't great - but he definitely didn't have a top 10 performance out of his fellow 2020 draft class peers.
19Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Flames de CalgarySimilar to Guhle - Schneider was exactly what we expected. Big, physical and defensive. Exactly what NY thought they were getting with pick 19. No complaints.
20Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Canucks de VancouverI think I've gotten to the end of the list of the top drafted 2020 players who are worthy of evaluation. Like I said above, Yeah there were guys like Simontaival, Ponomarov, Hirvonen who had good tournaments, but I'm not going to tank guys who were drafted that much later than the 1st round. As for the rest of these guys, Zary, Holloway, Chinakhov, Mukhamadullin, Brisson, etc., I found them all to have a mediocre tournament and I'm not going to decide who had a more mediocre performance. I'll just rank them as they were drafted to round out the 1st round.
21Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-
22Logo de Capitals de WashingtonLogo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
23Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-
24Logo de Flames de CalgaryLogo de Capitals de Washington
25Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-
26Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
27Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de Boston
28Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New York
29Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-My bad. Faber had a good tournament too. Maybe he'd sneak into the top 20.
30Logo de Stars de Dallas-
Jan Mysak (+18 )
31Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
6 janv. 2021 à 14 h 10
dls9
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 41
I guess my description didn't upload but basically I'm re drafting based on the assumption that teams only had this years World Junior Championship to make decisions on players.
6 janv. 2021 à 18 h 11
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 108
I see the shark's still drafting Ozzy at 31. nothing in Kuznetsov game has changed drastically in the last 3 months for me to rate him any higher.
6 janv. 2021 à 18 h 26
Démarrer sujet
dls9
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 41
Yeah, I only picked players who played in the WJC in this list. Same reason as Jarvis isn’t on this list.

It was more of a ranking of 2020 draftees that played in the WJC
7 janv. 2021 à 16 h 38
MK458
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 928
Fair analysis, but I personally thought Byfield looked pretty good. He didn't rack up a lot of points, but his raw skill impressed me. I didn't know he could skate or handle the puck like that. I also think it's worth noting that he's quite a bit younger than some of those other guys. I'd still have him going at 3 or 4 in my opinion

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage