Forums/GM Game 2019-20

GM Game Recruitment

29 mar à 10 h 22
Go Jackets
Rejoint: jan 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,618
Quoting: csick
csick613

Would you be interested in joining Ottawa as an AGM?
29 mar à 10 h 42
KFTW
Rejoint: jui 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 8,526
Quoting: matt59
Would you be interested in joining Ottawa as an AGM?

Yes
matt59 a aimé ceci.
29 mar à 10 h 44
Go Jackets
Rejoint: jan 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,618
Quoting: csick
Yes

Sweet, we’d love to have you. I’ll follow you on Twitter and get back to you there.

Just followed you, don’t think i can DM you until you follow back tho
csick a aimé ceci.
1 avr à 9 h 51
murrayforvezina
Rejoint: mar 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
No, this is a thing that happens all year long, if you have Twitter (preferably) follow @joshhanson9, he’ll get you started

alright thank you, i followed him. do i just wait?
hanson493 a aimé ceci.
1 avr à 10 h 02
Rejoint: jun 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,671
Quoting: jackson
alright thank you, i followed him. do i just wait?

sent you a dm. i will give a brief overview of the game, how it works etc on twitter and then go from there? sound good?
1 avr à 10 h 14
i apologize if youve already been tagged in this just wanted to see if you were interested in joining gm game? i can explain more if interested. It doesnt REQUIRE twitter but its nice if you have twitter for trade negotiations and such. @esoyeezus69 @aedoran @bmersereau73
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 avr à 10 h 18
Comeau 1st round KO
Rejoint: sep 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,245
Quoting: hanson493
i apologize if youve already been tagged in this just wanted to see if you were interested in joining gm game? i can explain more if interested. It doesnt REQUIRE twitter but its nice if you have twitter for trade negotiations and such. esoyeezus69 aedoran bmersereau73

I would like to know how it works, to see if I'm interested.
1 avr à 10 h 32
GM GameV4 Arizona GM
Rejoint: oct 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,516
Quoting: EsoYeezus69

If you have twitter, follow @joshhanson9, he'll explain the rules and tell you which teams are looking for an AGM if you're interested
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 avr à 10 h 40

essentially its 32 arm chair gms pulled together. we have 32 different CF users that man the gm spots for each team (we did the expansion draft in 2019...). We do everything similar to real life but earlier for more enjoyment, we have an entry draft, we sign rfa's that get negotiated with the games board of governors, have a ufa period which is a blind bidding process, etc. Our stats are compiled monthly using a formula one of our members designed off of dom lycznznznznzs game score. Each player gets a value based on production and then that gets added to a cumulative total for the year. top 16 teams make the playoffs. Once we get to the playoffs we have it set up where the gms vote to see whos team is "better" in all areas, powerplay, pk, 5v5 offense, etc, we also have luck built in to keep it from always being the highest scoring team or the highest seeded team always wins. We know playoffs arent a perfect system as is and as we get further into gm game we can add nuances and other factors to make the process more fun and better all around. But its basically a sim of managing a team irl and going from there. Our pages are listed in the gm game section of the forums and each page is our roster, shows all the moves we have done etc. Pretty fun process, its really what you put into it with how your experience would be. Its not all that time consuming, especially if you check twitter enough. We do alot of trade negotiations via twitter to get privacy on deals as there isnt a messaging platform in the forums here but as i said it isnt a requirement just makes it a little harder to communicate as 95% of us have and use twitter on a regular basis.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 avr à 10 h 52
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mar 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,029
@BenjaminWalder has anyone hired you as an assistant? If not, I'd hire you as an assistant for the Sharks.
1 avr à 10 h 53
Comeau 1st round KO
Rejoint: sep 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,245
Quoting: hanson493
essentially its 32 arm chair gms pulled together. we have 32 different CF users that man the gm spots for each team (we did the expansion draft in 2019...). We do everything similar to real life but earlier for more enjoyment, we have an entry draft, we sign rfa's that get negotiated with the games board of governors, have a ufa period which is a blind bidding process, etc. Our stats are compiled monthly using a formula one of our members designed off of dom lycznznznznzs game score. Each player gets a value based on production and then that gets added to a cumulative total for the year. top 16 teams make the playoffs. Once we get to the playoffs we have it set up where the gms vote to see whos team is "better" in all areas, powerplay, pk, 5v5 offense, etc, we also have luck built in to keep it from always being the highest scoring team or the highest seeded team always wins. We know playoffs arent a perfect system as is and as we get further into gm game we can add nuances and other factors to make the process more fun and better all around. But its basically a sim of managing a team irl and going from there. Our pages are listed in the gm game section of the forums and each page is our roster, shows all the moves we have done etc. Pretty fun process, its really what you put into it with how your experience would be. Its not all that time consuming, especially if you check twitter enough. We do alot of trade negotiations via twitter to get privacy on deals as there isnt a messaging platform in the forums here but as i said it isnt a requirement just makes it a little harder to communicate as 95% of us have and use twitter on a regular basis.

I'll think about it.
hanson493 a aimé ceci.
1 avr à 10 h 58
I'll think about it.

game is a continual process so we will be here
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
1 avr à 21 h 52
FLA V4 AGM
Rejoint: nov 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 864
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
@BenjaminWalder has anyone hired you as an assistant? If not, I'd hire you as an assistant for the Sharks.

I have been hired already by the panthers
rangersandislesfan, hanson493, LeafsFanZay and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
8 avr à 16 h 42
Mentions "j'aime": 38
Hey all, is it too late in the season to get in on this action? If so I can definitely wait until next season.
8 avr à 17 h 10
GM GameV4 Arizona GM
Quoting: BlindMilwaukee
Hey all, is it too late in the season to get in on this action? If so I can definitely wait until next season.

It’s never too late, this is an all year round thing, if you have Twitter (preferably) follow @joshhanson9, he’ll tell you the rules and list the teams looking for an AGM
BlindMilwaukee a aimé ceci.
8 avr à 17 h 20
Mentions "j'aime": 38
It’s never too late, this is an all year round thing, if you have Twitter (preferably) follow joshhanson9, he’ll tell you the rules and list the teams looking for an AGM

Awesome thanks for the quick reply. I just went and followed Josh.
12 avr à 21 h 29
MyHabsteam1975
Rejoint: avr 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Interesting joining GM Game, how does it work?
12 avr à 21 h 37
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: MyH
Interesting joining GM Game, how does it work?

Each team has a GM (and some teams have AGMs) and we make trades/signings/etc like we're the GM of an NHL team.
12 avr à 21 h 38
Black Lives Matter
Each team has a GM (and some teams have AGMs) and we make trades/signings/etc like we're the GM of an NHL team.

But unlike armchair-GM, we discuss deals with other GMs.
20 avr à 12 h 42
Mentions "j'aime": 6
But unlike armchair-GM, we discuss deals with other GMs.

how can we join in?
20 avr à 13 h 06
GM GameV4 Arizona GM
Quoting: justsenay
how can we join in?

Do you have Twitter? All the discussion happens there
20 avr à 13 h 08
Mentions "j'aime": 6