SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

TV Show/Movie Recommendations

3 janv. 2021 à 0 h 18
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,221
Sick of playing the age old game of looking for something to watch for an hour only to then put on something I've already seen.

Any good shows or movies out there that you guys think are worth a watch?
BuFfaLOFaN et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2021 à 19 h 15
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,485
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Sick of playing the age old game of looking for something to watch for an hour only to then put on something I've already seen.

That's an old post but :

https://ici.tou.tv/demain-des-hommes/S01E01?lectureauto=1

This is one of the best shows I've ever watched. It's heavily hockey-oriented, but it also focuses on what it's like to be a junior hockey player with a family, etc. The matter is that it's only available in French, or with French subtitles, but I really recommend it.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2021 à 23 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: SevenLeg
That's an old post but :

https://ici.tou.tv/demain-des-hommes/S01E01?lectureauto=1

This is one of the best shows I've ever watched. It's heavily hockey-oriented, but it also focuses on what it's like to be a junior hockey player with a family, etc. The matter is that it's only available in French, or with French subtitles, but I really recommend it.

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out one of these days. Is that link that you posted the outlet that you watched it from?
SevenLeg a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2021 à 7 h 42
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,485
Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out one of these days. Is that link that you posted the outlet that you watched it from?

Yes. You can use a one month free trial
26 mars 2021 à 4 h 52
EST.1986
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1
I just decide on what to watch based on what's the popular meme currently. I don't really like wasting my time on experimental series that 'may or may not be good'. I learned the hard way with Heroes.
29 avr. 2021 à 23 h 5
Please win the cup
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 187
Lord Of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars (1-6, don't get me started on 7-9, I don't like them) I like old 50's and 60's sitcoms, more original then it's is nowadays with forced humor, The Andy Griffith show and Leave It To Beaver
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
29 avr. 2021 à 23 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MapleLeafsfan2003
Lord Of the Rings, The Hobbit, Star Wars (1-6, don't get me started on 7-9, I don't like them) I like old 50's and 60's sitcoms, more original then it's is nowadays with forced humor, The Andy Griffith show and Leave It To Beaver

Lol I forgot about this thread. I've seen the Tolkien adaptations as well as Star Wars (though I've never been a big fan). Can't say I've seen either of the shows you mentioned; not really a fan of older sitcoms.
MapleLeafsfan2003 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
29 avr. 2021 à 23 h 23
Please win the cup
Mentions "j'aime": 187
Lol I forgot about this thread. I've seen the Tolkien adaptations as well as Star Wars (though I've never been a big fan). Can't say I've seen either of the shows you mentioned; not really a fan of older sitcoms.

I liked the older ones because of original humor, and they are quite clean episodes, though the occasional Seinfeld epi is awesome
29 avr. 2021 à 23 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: MapleLeafsfan2003
I liked the older ones because of original humor, and they are quite clean episodes, though the occasional Seinfeld epi is awesome

Yeah, idk, just never really been my thing.
MapleLeafsfan2003 a aimé ceci.
27 mai 2021 à 22 h 12
sbinalla
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 357

simpsons
25 oct. 2021 à 14 h 52
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 25,010

I said this in belated response to another interesting thread in which you participated (Favorite Movies), but this time I'll say it directly to you since you clearly have a great take on film: try Big Night, with Stanley Tucci, Tony Shalhoub (as brothers operating an Italian restaurant in Brooklyn NY in the 1950's), Ian Holm as their "Caesar's Pizza" competitor, and Isabella Rossellini as the latter's wife.
25 oct. 2021 à 17 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I said this in belated response to another interesting thread in which you participated (Favorite Movies), but this time I'll say it directly to you since you clearly have a great take on film: try Big Night, with Stanley Tucci, Tony Shalhoub (as brothers operating an Italian restaurant in Brooklyn NY in the 1950's), Ian Holm as their "Caesar's Pizza" competitor, and Isabella Rossellini as the latter's wife.

I'll have to check it out. I've really liked Stanley Tucci in anything I've seen him in.
25 oct. 2021 à 17 h 34
Once a Kings Fan Too
I'll have to check it out. I've really liked Stanley Tucci in anything I've seen him in.

And there are two French romantic comedy films that would make my All-Time Top Ten List: And Now My Love (1974), where the two main characters don't actually meet until the very last scene, which contains one of the greatest sight gags in cinematic history, and Cousin, Cousine (1975), which was remade by Hollywood with Ted Danson and Isabella Rossellini (coincidence) as "Cousins" in 1989.
25 oct. 2021 à 21 h 45
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,630
There are probably good TV shows, but I haven't seen to found them
So I stick the oldies.......Bull, the Canadian series Murdock Mysteries, Survivor (I'm an addict since day one) and for news/education, GPS on CNN Sunday morning.
10 nov. 2021 à 11 h 1
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Two sports movies I couldn't recommend more are Greater and Bleed for this.
11 nov. 2021 à 12 h 17
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Two sports movies I couldn't recommend more are Greater and Bleed for this.

What did you think of "Goon" with Liev Schreiber?
EsoYeezus69 et aedoran a aimé ceci.
11 nov. 2021 à 13 h 16
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Quoting: OldNYIfan
What did you think of "Goon" with Liev Schreiber?

It was a good movie, a little bit gory depending on what you like.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
23 févr. 2022 à 18 h 46
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,239
Living in Europe has opened up a whole new world of amazing shows, even beyond Money Heist (which is one of my 10 favorite shows of all time, easy). Of course, many have subtitles, but this does not bother me (can;t stand dubbed, though, it's unwatchable to me).

Anyway, here are some killer shows you may not have even heard of (and the countries they're from). I've put asterisks on the subtitled shows:

Beforeigners (Norway)*
Dark (Germany)*
Chestnut Man (Denmark)*
Misfits (England)
The Wrong Mans (England)
All Of Us Are Dead (South Korea)*
You, Me and the Apocalypse (England)
The Capture (England)
The Rain (Denmark)*
Spy (England - note: 1st season is friggin' top shelf, the 2nd isn't quite as good)

There's probably more I'm not thinking of at the moment, and we always explore new ones, so I'm sure I'll be back with more.
5 avr. 2022 à 10 h 10
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753
i don't really know anyone that hasn't watched the Star Wars prequels, but if you haven't, i highly recommend it

there have been so many memes made from the prequels that you could find the entire series, line by line, in clip form on youtube. that should show you how good the series is
Saskleaf, TheFastAndTheFleuryous, oilersguy and 2 others a aimé ceci.
7 avr. 2022 à 14 h 15
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,173
Quoting: Bobcat205
i don't really know anyone that hasn't watched the Star Wars prequels, but if you haven't, i highly recommend it

there have been so many memes made from the prequels that you could find the entire series, line by line, in clip form on youtube. that should show you how good the series is

1 and 2 are ok, and this is coming from a big Star Wars fan. Definitely the worst 2 episodes. I love 3 though.
10 avr. 2022 à 22 h 24
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225

If you like the mystery/thriller genre, would HIGHLY recommend the series "Strike" (known in some parts as "CB Strike"), based on the terrific novels of J.K. Rowling (writing as Robert Galbraith) featuring ex-army-veteran-turned-private-investigator Cormoran Strike and his partner Robin Ellacott. The performances of Tom Burke and Holliday Grainger as the leads are PHENOMENAL, you would think the series was written before the books if you didn't know better, and the plots are deliciously complicated and thrilling. Terrific series, it's available for streaming on multiple platforms.
11 avr. 2022 à 7 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
If you like the mystery/thriller genre, would HIGHLY recommend the series "Strike" (known in some parts as "CB Strike"), based on the terrific novels of J.K. Rowling (writing as Robert Galbraith) featuring ex-army-veteran-turned-private-investigator Cormoran Strike and his partner Robin Ellacott. The performances of Tom Burke and Holliday Grainger as the leads are PHENOMENAL, you would think the series was written before the books if you didn't know better, and the plots are deliciously complicated and thrilling. Terrific series, it's available for streaming on multiple platforms.

Oh, I didn't realize there was a show based on those books. I'll have to check it out.
11 avr. 2022 à 20 h 37
Rutta 4ever
Mentions "j'aime": 3,914
Squid Games mania came and went but if you enjoyed it then you should definitely watch Alice in Borderland on Netflix.

Somewhat the same idea as Squid Games but better IMO.
oilersguy et mokumboi a aimé ceci.
30 juin 2022 à 23 h 48
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 1
severance was awesome
1 juill. 2022 à 2 h 45
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
For Television: Moon Knight, Daredevil, Avatar the Last Airbender, Stranger Things, The Witcher

For Movies: Encanto, Spirited Away, The Batman, Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse

To name a few

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage