Nick Robertson should have a HUGE jump. At least top 10
Tomasino higher
Newhook should be rising wtf
McMicheal higher
Broberg should DROP
Cam York should be dropping not rising
Kakko was awful but dropping 4 is harsh,

The rest is great, I like it.

Yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said looking back at it. The only reason I had Newhook dropping (even though I love his game) is just cause I see some guys that might be better options in the long haul.
XQOM a aimé ceci.
6 janv. 2021 à 7 h 51
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,289
Quoting: XQOM
Nick Robertson should have a HUGE jump. At least top 10
Tomasino higher
Newhook should be rising wtf
McMicheal higher
Broberg should DROP
Cam York should be dropping not rising
Kakko was awful but dropping 4 is harsh,

The rest is great, I like it.

Tobertson should jump into the top 30 but hes no where near top 10 I would heavily argue Kaliyev is still ahead of him
6 janv. 2021 à 16 h 13
Xavier
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Tobertson should jump into the top 30 but hes no where near top 10 I would heavily argue Kaliyev is still ahead of him

Bro what...
Robertson vs Kaliyev (If they both played 57 games)
Goals - 68 vs 44
Points - 107 vs 98
Robertson had the most goals per game in the OHL since Eric Lindros, played the PP and the PK (highest shorthanded goals pace in the history of the league)
He was able to keep up with NHL players in his call up.
6 janv. 2021 à 16 h 47
Bro what...
Robertson vs Kaliyev (If they both played 57 games)
Goals - 68 vs 44
Points - 107 vs 98
Robertson had the most goals per game in the OHL since Eric Lindros, played the PP and the PK (highest shorthanded goals pace in the history of the league)
He was able to keep up with NHL players in his call up.

That doesn't make him top 10 in the draft lol, there are at least 15 other players I am taking before him. He's a fine prospect but he has not earned that top 10 spot in a redraft yet
6 janv. 2021 à 20 h 40
Xavier
That doesn't make him top 10 in the draft lol, there are at least 15 other players I am taking before him. He's a fine prospect but he has not earned that top 10 spot in a redraft yet

Just based on his performance he should've been top 10 (IMO 8th)
Gimme those 15 names. And arguments why.
6 janv. 2021 à 20 h 50
Just based on his performance he should've been top 10 (IMO 8th)
Gimme those 15 names. And arguments why.

Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Byram, Turcotte, Seider, Cozens, Broberg, Zegras, Podkolzin, Soderstrom, Knight, Caufield, Newhook, Harley, Heinola, McMichael. All 17 have higher potential. Thinking otherwise based on a 4 game call up is completely biased
6 janv. 2021 à 20 h 57
Xavier
Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Byram, Turcotte, Seider, Cozens, Broberg, Zegras, Podkolzin, Soderstrom, Knight, Caufield, Newhook, Harley, Heinola, McMichael. All 17 have higher potential. Thinking otherwise based on a 4 game call up is completely biased

If you are talking about high potential ceilings, then ya I can agree, they are all skilled.
But based on performance wise only the NHLers, and Byram did arguably better.
So if you combine potential and their D +1 seasons saying Robertson is 8th is not a stretch.
6 janv. 2021 à 21 h 0
If you are talking about high potential ceilings, then ya I can agree, they are all skilled.
But based on performance wise only the NHLers, and Byram did arguably better.
So if you combine potential and their D +1 seasons saying Robertson is 8th is not a stretch.

Outside of the top 3 none of them are NHLers yet... Some will be soon and for others their teams can afford to shelter their development
7 janv. 2021 à 16 h 56
Xavier
Outside of the top 3 none of them are NHLers yet... Some will be soon and for others their teams can afford to shelter their development

When I said the "NHLers" I meant Hughes, Kakko, Dach.
There isn't a person in junior hockey who had a better season than Nick Robertson in North America other than Marco Rossi
7 janv. 2021 à 17 h 31
When I said the "NHLers" I meant Hughes, Kakko, Dach.
There isn't a person in junior hockey who had a better season than Nick Robertson in North America other than Marco Rossi

Tomasino had 100 points in the exact same league, Zegras and Newhook were both over a ppg in the NCAA, Byram was over a ppg in the WHL, Cozens had 85 in 51 in the WHL, McMichael had a higher ppg than Robertson in the OHL, Dustin Wolf won 3 goalie of the year awards. Sorry to tell you but Robertson's only stand out thing was his goal scoring

In a redraft right now nobody but you is taking Robertson in the top 10
7 janv. 2021 à 18 h 52
Xavier
Tomasino had 100 points in the exact same league, Zegras and Newhook were both over a ppg in the NCAA, Byram was over a ppg in the WHL, Cozens had 85 in 51 in the WHL, McMichael had a higher ppg than Robertson in the OHL, Dustin Wolf won 3 goalie of the year awards. Sorry to tell you but Robertson's only stand out thing was his goal scoring

In a redraft right now nobody but you is taking Robertson in the top 10

You realize Robertson only played 46 games.
If Robertson played the same amount of games as Tomasino he was on pace for 116 points
If Robertson played the same amount of games as Cozens he was on pace for 95

(Full OHL season) Robertson was on pace for 81 GOALS, >>>> PPG in NCAA

Only one thats close is McMicheal (adjusted to the same about of games)
McMicheal - 47 Goals 102 Points
Robertson - 62 Goals 97 Points
Idk, I'm taking the 5 less points for the 15 more goals player

I'm not gonna compare a goalie.

The only reason he would drop again out of the top 10 is because he is 5'9. He is also the youngest of them.
Obviously goals and assists aren't everything and I understand dropping him due to size and the other players having higher ceiling, but you cannot deny his historic season.
7 janv. 2021 à 19 h 45
You realize Robertson only played 46 games.
If Robertson played the same amount of games as Tomasino he was on pace for 116 points
If Robertson played the same amount of games as Cozens he was on pace for 95

(Full OHL season) Robertson was on pace for 81 GOALS, >>>> PPG in NCAA

Only one thats close is McMicheal (adjusted to the same about of games)
McMicheal - 47 Goals 102 Points
Robertson - 62 Goals 97 Points
Idk, I'm taking the 5 less points for the 15 more goals player

I'm not gonna compare a goalie.

The only reason he would drop again out of the top 10 is because he is 5'9. He is also the youngest of them.
Obviously goals and assists aren't everything and I understand dropping him due to size and the other players having higher ceiling, but you cannot deny his historic season.

I'm not denying he had a great season because he did, that's why I said he moves up to the first round in a redraft. However saying he is top 10 with almost zero NHL experience is just pure homerism.

As for your comparisons, sure he has the edge on Tomasino (should be noted Tomasino is also a center so that raises his value) but the WHL is a lower scoring league than the OHL and the NCAA is significantly lower due to playing with people ranging from age 18-24 on average (with a larger portion of those players being on the older end)
8 janv. 2021 à 2 h 41
Xavier
I'm not denying he had a great season because he did, that's why I said he moves up to the first round in a redraft. However saying he is top 10 with almost zero NHL experience is just pure homerism.

As for your comparisons, sure he has the edge on Tomasino (should be noted Tomasino is also a center so that raises his value) but the WHL is a lower scoring league than the OHL and the NCAA is significantly lower due to playing with people ranging from age 18-24 on average (with a larger portion of those players being on the older end)

The scoring in WHL, NCAA is a lot lower, but a 55 goal 86 point 46 games season in the OHL is still more impressive then a PPG in the NCAA
I'm not dying the homerism, but by saying "moves up to the first round" are you implying he is a late first?
Cause that's just more wrong then my homerism (top 10) take
Doesn't he have the 5th most NHL experience in this group btw? idk. You don't have to think about NHL experience after the top 3
Without bias I could 100% argue a top 15.
Also this year Robertson is going to play at least his 7 games, maybe more at 19 years old on the best 5v5 scoring team in the past few years.

The real answer will probably end up being in between our takes. I can't wait to find out.
8 janv. 2021 à 3 h 19
The scoring in WHL, NCAA is a lot lower, but a 55 goal 86 point 46 games season in the OHL is still more impressive then a PPG in the NCAA
I'm not dying the homerism, but by saying "moves up to the first round" are you implying he is a late first?
Cause that's just more wrong then my homerism (top 10) take
Doesn't he have the 5th most NHL experience in this group btw? idk. You don't have to think about NHL experience after the top 3
Without bias I could 100% argue a top 15.
Also this year Robertson is going to play at least his 7 games, maybe more at 19 years old on the best 5v5 scoring team in the past few years.

The real answer will probably end up being in between our takes. I can't wait to find out.

I would say he probably lands around 20 in a redraft. NHL experience outside the top 3 is irrelevant, Heinola played 8 games at the start of the season and had 5 points.

I like Robertson, I hope he becomes the 2nd coming of DeBrincat. However saying he is top 10 1 year after he is drafted in a pretty solid draft year is like counting your chickens before they hatch

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage