SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Re-Doing the 2019 draft (Lots of World Junior Players)

Re-Doing the 2019 draft (Lots of World Junior Players)

Cuvée de repêchage: 2019
Créé par: XQOM
Publié: 1 janv. 2021 à 10 h 49
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1 janv. 2021 à 13 h 10
Banni
Rejoint: mars 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 538
hard no on Kaliyev, give me Krebs or Tomasino instead
1 janv. 2021 à 17 h 15
Boi
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 379
for starters HUghes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dach and zegras>>>>cozens
1 janv. 2021 à 17 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Xavier
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 14
Quoting: Bigboi69
for starters HUghes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dach and zegras>>>>cozens

Dach had a better first season than Hughes in almost every category (Advanced and regular stats), still very close but having that many arrows is wrong.

You can swap Zegras and Cozens, they are really close.
- Cozens having a 113 point pace in a normal full season (WHL). Better playmaker
- Zegras having 36 points in 33 games (NCAA). Better skater
Both are tearing it up in the WJC, and have strong all around offensive games. This one really is a toss up, both stud risers.
1 janv. 2021 à 17 h 49
Boi
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 379
Quoting: XQOM
Dach had a better first season than Hughes in almost every category (Advanced and regular stats), still very close but having that many arrows is wrong.

- Cozens having a 113 point pace in a normal full season (WHL). Better playmaker
Both are tearing it up in the WJC, and have strong all around offensive games. This one really is a toss up, both stud risers.

hughes had the transition numbers of a god last year give him another season or 2 and he will blow every body else from that class out of the water, and cozens has put up less points against easier competition at the wjc
2 janv. 2021 à 14 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 851

You also gotta remember, the trifecta of hughes, Kakko, and Dach had one of the worst statistical rookie years cumulative in the history of the NHL. As such, saying that Dach was better than Hughes by certain numbers isn’t saying much at all. They each we’re bad in their own ways.

Also, Trevor Zegras is a monster, pure and simple. He is BY FAR the best pure playmaker in the 2019 draft class. I truly believe he’ll be the best player in the draft class.

1. Zegras
2. Hughes
3. Kakko
4. Dach

Suffice to say, I’d take Zegras over any player in that draft at present in a redraft.
2 janv. 2021 à 23 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Xavier
Quoting: HatterTParty
You also gotta remember, the trifecta of hughes, Kakko, and Dach had one of the worst statistical rookie years cumulative in the history of the NHL. As such, saying that Dach was better than Hughes by certain numbers isn’t saying much at all. They each we’re bad in their own ways.

Also, Trevor Zegras is a monster, pure and simple. He is BY FAR the best pure playmaker in the 2019 draft class. I truly believe he’ll be the best player in the draft class.

1. Zegras
2. Hughes
3. Kakko
4. Dach

Suffice to say, I’d take Zegras over any player in that draft at present in a redraft.

Such recency bias. Just because he is killing it at the NHL doesn't mean he deserves a spot over any of the three NHLers.
Kakko had such an awful first season so i'm going Dach > Kakko.
Zegras' NCAA season was good but doesn't move him near the 1st pick.
3 janv. 2021 à 0 h 36
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Pelletier is better than Puistola, Rees, Protas, Poulin and maybe Arthur Kaliyev and Adam Beckman. That is understandable to have them higher though.
3 janv. 2021 à 0 h 38

1. Zegras
2. Hughes
3. Kakko
4. Dach

Bro, there's a reason Zegras didn't play on an NHL team and Hughes, Kakko and Dach did.
3 janv. 2021 à 2 h 45
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Bro, there's a reason Zegras didn't play on an NHL team and Hughes, Kakko and Dach did.

Which was what? They each were god awful and as I stated, had one of the worst rookie seasons by a trifecta in history statistically speaking. None of the three of them should have ever played in the nhl this year. They were each a joke in their own way.
3 janv. 2021 à 2 h 49
Such recency bias. Just because he is killing it at the NHL doesn't mean he deserves a spot over any of the three NHLers.
Kakko had such an awful first season so i'm going Dach > Kakko.
Zegras' NCAA season was good but doesn't move him near the 1st pick.

Like I said, they were each awful in their own ways and history shows that even more. Ya can’t say one deserves to be over the other a year on. As far as I’m concerned, 1-3 is still the same. In five years time, sure, we can readdress this, but to suggest Dach was light years better then the other two is just brutal. That’s basically setting the bar as low as possible to make him look good.
3 janv. 2021 à 2 h 54
Which was what? They each were god awful and as I stated, had one of the worst rookie seasons by a trifecta in history statistically speaking. None of the three of them should have ever played in the nhl this year. They were each a joke in their own way.

Ok but they still did and that’s not nothing. It wasn’t up to expectations but they were still NHLers. I doubt Zegras could have done that. If he could have made the team out of camp he would have. Dach, Hughes and Kakko all made the team and he didn’t
3 janv. 2021 à 4 h 15
Démarrer sujet
Xavier
Like I said, they were each awful in their own ways and history shows that even more. Ya can’t say one deserves to be over the other a year on. As far as I’m concerned, 1-3 is still the same. In five years time, sure, we can readdress this, but to suggest Dach was light years better then the other two is just brutal. That’s basically setting the bar as low as possible to make him look good.

You are putting words into my mouth.
Never said "Dach was light years better"
Dach and Hughes had VERY similar seasons (Interchanging them is fine). Kakko had a historically bad season so I ranked him lower. All of them are really close.
I saw you respond to HatterTParty, Zegras hasn/t done enough to prove why he should be moved into the top 3
He had a great season in the NCAA, but not enough to overtake any of their spots.
This list can change very fast, but for right now I feel like its pretty decent (I'd make a few changes)
3 janv. 2021 à 12 h 36
Ok but they still did and that’s not nothing. It wasn’t up to expectations but they were still NHLers. I doubt Zegras could have done that. If he could have made the team out of camp he would have. Dach, Hughes and Kakko all made the team and he didn’t

True, but Zegras’ case he never went to camp. He just went straight to college. I agree he probably wouldn’t have made the team out of camp, but I’d be willing to bet he’s gonna have a better rookie season than all three of the others.
3 janv. 2021 à 12 h 47
True, but Zegras’ case he never went to camp. He just went straight to college. I agree he probably wouldn’t have made the team out of camp, but I’d be willing to bet he’s gonna have a better rookie season than all three of the others.

Yes, but at a year older than at the other 3 rookie years
3 janv. 2021 à 12 h 51
Yes, but at a year older than at the other 3 rookie years

I don’t get that. Why does everyone make such a big deal on that? That’s like me saying the three didn’t deserve to be in the NHL seeing how awful they were because their teams were desperate. Everyone responds, “yea, but they made it.” Doesn’t change unbearably bad they were.
3 janv. 2021 à 12 h 59
I don’t get that. Why does everyone make such a big deal on that? That’s like me saying the three didn’t deserve to be in the NHL seeing how awful they were because their teams were desperate. Everyone responds, “yea, but they made it.” Doesn’t change unbearably bad they were.

Because Zegras would have been more unbearably bad. Now he's marinated for a year and is ready. Dach, Hughes and Kakko weren't ready to be stars but they were ready to be NHLers, something Zegras wasn't ready for. I don't think you understand how much better the NHL is than the next best league. Let's take Linden Vey for example. 9th in KHL scoring and hasn't played in the NHL for almost 4 years because he isn't good enough, yet he can dominate KHL players
3 janv. 2021 à 13 h 9
Because Zegras would have been more unbearably bad. Now he's marinated for a year and is ready. Dach, Hughes and Kakko weren't ready to be stars but they were ready to be NHLers, something Zegras wasn't ready for. I don't think you understand how much better the NHL is than the next best league. Let's take Linden Vey for example. 9th in KHL scoring and hasn't played in the NHL for almost 4 years because he isn't good enough, yet he can dominate KHL players

I’m not questioning league strength at all. But I just find it ironic to invoke the whole one year older statement when the last yearly be the only year that each of the first three are considered better than the rest. It’s embarrassing from the top three. I’d still take Zegras over the top 3 simply because he was given an extra year to be fully ready, and does he ever. Plus, now Dach, for his ****ing and pleading to the hawks to let him play in the WJC, is now out for the year. Keep in mind Dach is an NHLer like you said, so what’s he wasting his time down there for? Please no answers like, “any experience is good experience” or “it’s opportunity to captain your country.”
3 janv. 2021 à 13 h 13
I’m not questioning league strength at all. But I just find it ironic to invoke the whole one year older statement when the last yearly be the only year that each of the first three are considered better than the rest. It’s embarrassing from the top three. I’d still take Zegras over the top 3 simply because he was given an extra year to be fully ready, and does he ever. Plus, now Dach, for his ****ing and pleading to the hawks to let him play in the WJC, is now out for the year. Keep in mind Dach is an NHLer like you said, so what’s he wasting his time down there for? Please no answers like, “any experience is good experience” or “it’s opportunity to captain your country.”

Zegras will likely have a better rookie season than the other 3 but I seriously doubt he has a better current season than both of Kakko and Hughes. Dach was down there because it is a personal goal or dream of his to play for Canada and this may have been his only shot. I know you said not to say that but that's why. He wanted to represent his country as a personal goal and dream of his. He could have just as easily gotten injured at Hawks camp.
3 janv. 2021 à 13 h 19
Zegras will likely have a better rookie season than the other 3 but I seriously doubt he has a better current season than both of Kakko and Hughes. Dach was down there because it is a personal goal or dream of his to play for Canada and this may have been his only shot. I know you said not to say that but that's why. He wanted to represent his country as a personal goal and dream of his. He could have just as easily gotten injured at Hawks camp.

Now ya see, I’d gladly say he’ll have as good a current season as the other three (or kakko and Hughes in this case). I just think he’s that ready. Same with laf and stutzle. As for Dach, I’ll never respect or understand that decision. He shoulda gone last year when he was in the middle of that ridiculous scoring slump. The only excuse last year was the NHL going on, but this year he still woulda missed a lot of camp and getting back to NHL speed. Dach is an “nhl player” (loosely), and the fact that his focus was anywhere but the hawks is just selfish. Dream or no dream, you still have to take these incidents possibly happening into account.
3 janv. 2021 à 14 h 57
Now ya see, I’d gladly say he’ll have as good a current season as the other three (or kakko and Hughes in this case). I just think he’s that ready. Same with laf and stutzle. As for Dach, I’ll never respect or understand that decision. He shoulda gone last year when he was in the middle of that ridiculous scoring slump. The only excuse last year was the NHL going on, but this year he still woulda missed a lot of camp and getting back to NHL speed. Dach is an “nhl player” (loosely), and the fact that his focus was anywhere but the hawks is just selfish. Dream or no dream, you still have to take these incidents possibly happening into account.

I guess we’ll see. My money is on Hughes and Kakko but Zegras or Byfield could match. I agree on Laf and Stutzle having a better season though. I guess you could perceive it as selfish of Dach, but I think that’s just more of how young players are wired. I even heard Wayne Gretzky say that when you are younger, you just want to be a player and are happy to be there. Team focus comes later. I guess from my playing days I can relate as well. But, I wasn’t anywhere near the NHL lmao.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage