Forums/Armchair-GM

Final Roster

Créé par: Leafs_Storm
Équipe: 2020-21 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 28 déc. 2020
Publié: 28 déc. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Do I believe that Robertson will be given a 9-game stint in the NHL this year? Yes. How do the Leafs make that work? Well that's another story entirely. The leafs go about 400K over the cap the moment he comes onto the roster, meaning someone else would need to be waived.

For players with a shot at making the Leafs this year that are waivers exempt, there's Robertson, Engvall, Barabanov, Korshkov, Anderson, Lehtonen, Liljegren, & Sandin. I only projected two of those players going on the opening night roster, and only one of those actually playing opening night, with Barabanov getting the 12th forward slot to start the season, and Lehtonen coming in where the Leafs feel they need more offensive punch, and Bogosian when they want a better PK presence. I'd wager that for Robertson to get game action, Lehtonen is sent to the taxi squad for the game, as I would think Barabanov's slot on 4LW would remain and someone like Vesey or one of the 3 veteran forwards would come out so that Robertson could play 3LW.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $81 074 741 $0 $0 $425 259 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
11 640 250 $11 640 250 $
C
UFA - 4
10 903 000 $10 903 000 $
AD
UFA - 5
1 645 000 $1 645 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, C, AD
UFA - 3
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
AD, AG
NTC
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
NMC
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 650 000 $1 650 000 $
G
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 1
874 125 $874 125 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
Équipe de réserve
700 000 $700 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
C, AD
UFA - 1
821 667 $821 667 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
AG, AD
RFA - 4
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $ (175 000 $$175K175 000 $$175K)
AD, AG
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (0 $$00 $$0) (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
800 000 $800 000 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (0 $$00 $$0)
DG
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
28 déc. 2020 à 17 h 30
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 2,219
Where's Marincin >? Dubas pet cockroach that always seem to make the team despite his abilities.
28 déc. 2020 à 17 h 42
Meh
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 239
Good thing they refused to allow Robertson to go to the WJCs then. It would be a shame for the Leafs' to have their top prospects actually playing hockey games somewhere.
28 déc. 2020 à 18 h 11
In Pridham we trust
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,969
Quoting: Miles_Togo
Good thing they refused to allow Robertson to go to the WJCs then. It would be a shame for the Leafs' to have their top prospects actually playing hockey games somewhere.

Kid seems pretty single-minded to me regarding the NHL.

Wouldn't surprise me if passing on WJCs was a mutual decision behind closed doors.
28 déc. 2020 à 18 h 32
Meh
Quoting: Barilko14
Kid seems pretty single-minded to me regarding the NHL.

Wouldn't surprise me if passing on WJCs was a mutual decision behind closed doors.

Team has a responsibility to do what is in the best interest of their young prospects. If the team elected to have him not go to the WJC and then plunk him on the taxi squad then they are completely irresponsible.
28 déc. 2020 à 18 h 58
In Pridham we trust
Team has a responsibility to do what is in the best interest of their young prospects. If the team elected to have him not go to the WJC and then plunk him on the taxi squad then they are completely irresponsible.

If the kid doesn't want to do anything that may jeopardize his chances of making the team, I doubt the team is going to force him to get on a plane.

You have no idea how the conversation went,

Do you think Chicago has any regrets about sending their top prospect to Edmonton?
28 déc. 2020 à 19 h 19
Meh
If the kid doesn't want to do anything that may jeopardize his chances of making the team, I doubt the team is going to force him to get on a plane.

You have no idea how the conversation went,

Do you think Chicago has any regrets about sending their top prospect to Edmonton?

McKenzie said this was a team decision. As to Chicago, Dach would have been on the NHL team every game. If Toronto plans to do the same then fine. But in this AGM, as well as essentially every other one on here, Robertson is not on the roster so that is a completely different situation. I guess Toronto better not have their prospects play anywhere. They could get injured.
28 déc. 2020 à 19 h 21
MOVE THE COYOTES
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,548
Everything except the actual lines I agree with.
28 déc. 2020 à 19 h 28
In Pridham we trust
McKenzie said this was a team decision. As to Chicago, Dach would have been on the NHL team every game. If Toronto plans to do the same then fine. But in this AGM, as well as essentially every other one on here, Robertson is not on the roster so that is a completely different situation. I guess Toronto better not have their prospects play anywhere. They could get injured.

Do you really think it would come out any other way but a team decision??? Who would possibly benefit from it coming it as a mutual decision? Think about it for a second.

Also, it seems a bit foolish to be down on a decision the team is making because a bunch of fans have predicted it's going to work out that way, but the decision hasn't yet been made in reality.

Right??
28 déc. 2020 à 19 h 39
Meh
Do you really think it would come out any other way but a team decision??? Who would possibly benefit from it coming it as a mutual decision? Think about it for a second.

Also, it seems a bit foolish to be down on a decision the team is making because a bunch of fans have predicted it's going to work out that way, but the decision hasn't yet been made in reality.

Right??

Which is why I said if the team has him on the roster every day then fine. If they don't then this is yet another example of irresponsible development and the team putting their own short term interests ahead of the long-term interests of the prospects. The team makes the decisions on where their prospects play.
28 déc. 2020 à 19 h 41
In Pridham we trust
Which is why I said if the team has him on the roster every day then fine. If they don't then this is yet another example of irresponsible development and the team putting their own short term interests ahead of the long-term interests of the prospects. The team makes the decisions on where their prospects play.

So players have no say about representing their country or not?
28 déc. 2020 à 20 h 22
Meh
So players have no say about representing their country or not?

As McKenzie said - Robertson was going through all the protocols so he could go if the team gave the ok. They didn't.

If the team evaluated where Robertson was at and believed that it was very likely he would be full-time on the roster, fine. If not, they are being irresponsible. Hockey players want to play hockey. And prospects should be playing - especially at a time when many are not able to play much or at all. This used to be a basic fact that all hockey fans knew.
28 déc. 2020 à 20 h 55
In Pridham we trust
As McKenzie said - Robertson was going through all the protocols so he could go if the team gave the ok. They didn't.

If the team evaluated where Robertson was at and believed that it was very likely he would be full-time on the roster, fine. If not, they are being irresponsible. Hockey players want to play hockey. And prospects should be playing - especially at a time when many are not able to play much or at all. This used to be a basic fact that all hockey fans knew.

Well the protocols to play WJC are pretty well the same as the protocols to get ready to play in the NHL, right?? You can spin it any way you want really.

Again, if he's hell bent on making the Leafs and WJC hurts his chances, it makes sense that he wasn't completely on board with leaving.
3 janv. 2021 à 17 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 30
Quoting: draft_em_sign_em_trade_em
Where's Marincin >? Dubas pet cockroach that always seem to make the team despite his abilities.

I mean, he's been with the team since 2015, through two Head Coaches and two GMs now. I think Marincin will likely be on taxi squad actually so that Liljegren can be the 1D playing 30 min a night in the AHL, but until the AHL camps open, I wouldnt be stunned if they keep Liljegren on taxi squad so that he can practice with the NHL guys more and Marincin is waived for the time being.
3 janv. 2021 à 17 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Well the protocols to play WJC are pretty well the same as the protocols to get ready to play in the NHL, right?? You can spin it any way you want really.

Again, if he's hell bent on making the Leafs and WJC hurts his chances, it makes sense that he wasn't completely on board with leaving.

Robertson will more than likely get the 9 game audition, but I don't know if the Leafs will want to burn an ELC year when they actually have a lot of forward depth for once. If he doesnt properly earn the spot on the team, he doesnt get it. And with regards to WJC, if he went, he would come back the night of the 5th, and have to quarantine for a week. He would get out the 12, and effectively miss the entire camp. He said he wanted to make the Leafs, and the fact is going to the WJC, he had no real chance to show he deserved that spot over the others here. This was likely a mutual choice. If Barabanov, Vesey, & Simmonds all outplay him, then he's taxi squad.

Even then, I do not in anyway think the Leafs will magically not get injured in a condensed season facing only canadian teams. He'll get in at first injury or on back to backs to give the Vets a rest likely even if he's not in the initial 12.
3 janv. 2021 à 18 h 19
In Pridham we trust
Quoting: Leafs_Storm
Robertson will more than likely get the 9 game audition, but I don't know if the Leafs will want to burn an ELC year when they actually have a lot of forward depth for once. If he doesnt properly earn the spot on the team, he doesnt get it. And with regards to WJC, if he went, he would come back the night of the 5th, and have to quarantine for a week. He would get out the 12, and effectively miss the entire camp. He said he wanted to make the Leafs, and the fact is going to the WJC, he had no real chance to show he deserved that spot over the others here. This was likely a mutual choice. If Barabanov, Vesey, & Simmonds all outplay him, then he's taxi squad.

Even then, I do not in anyway think the Leafs will magically not get injured in a condensed season facing only canadian teams. He'll get in at first injury or on back to backs to give the Vets a rest likely even if he's not in the initial 12.

Yeah, I agree. There's no way he was guaranteed a spot, so missing camp would more or less count him out of making the team out of camp.

TSN reported the following lines today:
Thornton - AM34 - Marner
Vesey - JT - Nylander
Soup - Kerfoot - Hyman

So, imo Spezza and Simmonds have inside track on 2 of 3 spots, leaving a camp battle between Robertson and Barabanov, which should be best player wins.

Then Boyd is around to spell Spezza, Simmonds, etc.
3 janv. 2021 à 19 h 1
Démarrer sujet
Yeah, I agree. There's no way he was guaranteed a spot, so missing camp would more or less count him out of making the team out of camp.

TSN reported the following lines today:
Thornton - AM34 - Marner
Vesey - JT - Nylander
Soup - Kerfoot - Hyman

So, imo Spezza and Simmonds have inside track on 2 of 3 spots, leaving a camp battle between Robertson and Barabanov, which should be best player wins.

Then Boyd is around to spell Spezza, Simmonds, etc.

I think Robertson would be more likely to take the 3rd line role than 4th, and considering who's on the 3rd line vs who's in the top 6, if Vesey stumbles out of the gate, I fully expect Robertson to move into 3rd line and Hyman to move up to L3, or if that 3rd line clicks, robertson swaps straight for Vesey to Tavares line. Robertson-Tavares-Nylander looks damn fun to me.
3 janv. 2021 à 19 h 43
In Pridham we trust
Quoting: Leafs_Storm
I think Robertson would be more likely to take the 3rd line role than 4th, and considering who's on the 3rd line vs who's in the top 6, if Vesey stumbles out of the gate, I fully expect Robertson to move into 3rd line and Hyman to move up to L3, or if that 3rd line clicks, robertson swaps straight for Vesey to Tavares line. Robertson-Tavares-Nylander looks damn fun to me.

Keefe always ran a checking line with the Marlies. Malholtra coming on board hinted that the Leafs would try to piece together a checking line. So with Hyman bumped out of the Top 6, gotta think the purpose is to keep a checking line going.

4th line with Spezza and Simmonds wouldn't be the worst place for him to start. That would be a decent 3rd line on most teams. I doubt the top 6 gets the same amount of min this year with the condensed svhed, so 4th line will get played more than last year.

I could see Robertson in top 6 eventually, if he plays well or Vesey/Thornton stumbles.
Leafs_Storm a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage