SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Corey Perry (1 Year / $750,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

28 déc. 2020 à 16 h 56
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: ColonelX
Last year Kovalchuk was washed and would only take a spot away from a youngster..

People need to understand that for rookies to evolve they need good vets around so we don't end up like the 2010's Edmonton Oilers. Perry isn't asked to save the team just to get in front of the net on the powerplay and yank at the other teams goalie until he gets a goal or knocked down, nobody other than Gally can do it on a constant basis so that's why he's here so stop whining.
One year, minimum wage it's a no brainer.

Here are the forwards that were healthy scratches when Kovalchuk was in Montreal:
Jordan Weal (12 Times)
Dale Weise (8 Times)
Mathew Peca - (2 Times)
Artturi Lehkonen (1 Time) - Message Sending
Ryan Poehling (1 Time) - Just Called Up
Lukas Vejdemo (1 Time)

That’s hardly taking away a spot from youngster(s). The habs were riddled with injuries, and Kovalchuk was a big upgrade over Jordan Weal or Dale Weise.
28 déc. 2020 à 17 h 8
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 16
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Here are the forwards that were healthy scratches when Kovalchuk was in Montreal:
Jordan Weal (12 Times)
Dale Weise (8 Times)
Mathew Peca - (2 Times)
Artturi Lehkonen (1 Time) - Message Sending
Ryan Poehling (1 Time) - Just Called Up
Lukas Vejdemo (1 Time)

That’s hardly taking away a spot from youngster(s). The habs were riddled with injuries, and Kovalchuk was a big upgrade over Jordan Weal or Dale Weise.

That was irony about Kovalchuk taking youngsters spot I guess
28 déc. 2020 à 18 h 45
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,734
Curious signing. I don’t see Perry as a taxi squad kind of guy, or at least Perry doesn’t see himself as one. And god knows Julien loves his Vets. If he is indeed in the lineup you got Gally, Anderson, Toffoli, Armia already on the right side, maybe an Armia trade? Nah I don’t see that... if you move Toffoli to LW... maybe Byron becomes the odd man out?
28 déc. 2020 à 18 h 47
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Curious signing. I don’t see Perry as a taxi squad kind of guy, or at least Perry doesn’t see himself as one. And god knows Julien loves his Vets. If he is indeed in the lineup you got Gally, Anderson, Toffoli, Armia already on the right side, maybe an Armia trade? Nah I don’t see that... if you move Toffoli to LW... maybe Byron becomes the odd man out?

There's rumours that Bergevin isn't done in the trade department, and we also have a surplus of defenders. Can see Bergevin packaging a depth defensemen and a guy like Armia or Byron for an upgrade.
28 déc. 2020 à 18 h 57
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 353
Perry is the type of player you hate playing against but love having on your team. He is so annoying to play against but he takes a lot of the other teams focus. Even if he doesn't score he will be a good addition
28 déc. 2020 à 20 h 56
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,734
Quoting: HabsForEver
There's rumours that Bergevin isn't done in the trade department, and we also have a surplus of defenders. Can see Bergevin packaging a depth defensemen and a guy like Armia or Byron for an upgrade.

Maybe, still secretly hoping Mete is moved, and I’d put money on MTL waiting to see what Juulsen can do after his long absence (Cuz he’s waiver eligible) before deciding who gets traded or waived.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
30 déc. 2020 à 15 h 4
GM67
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 316
I like this move alot for both sides. Montreal is a whole new and improved team with the moves they made.
31 déc. 2020 à 21 h 16
We are all equal
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 331
Depth for injuries. If he is a bust you can bury it in the minors.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage