Forums/Armchair-GM

Utilizing the cap space from Lundqvist LTIR and Panik cap dump

Créé par: brady_t12
Équipe: 2020-21 Capitals de Washington
Date de création initiale: 19 déc. 2020
Publié: 19 déc. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
At this point, it’ll probably cost something to dump Panik. That plus the 1.5m of LTIR-into Lundqvist will result in the caps being able to take a shot at a free agent looking to compete for a cup in a shortened season.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
12 500 000 $
Transactions
WSH
    Panik really only played on the fourth line and had success. For that amount of money, it’s a waste of cap space. We’re better off utilizing that money for Hoffman if he’ll take the one year deal on a contender looking for a last push at another cup. Pay whatever the cost is to dump, it’s definitely less than a 1st round pick
    OTT
    1. Pánik, Richard
    Détails additionnels:
    + picks or prospects or whatever the cost is to dump
    Enfoui
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de VGK
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    Logo de WSH
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $72 423 212 $419 749 $732 500 $9 076 788 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Capitals de Washington
    9 538 462 $9 538 462 $
    AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    9 200 000 $9 200 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
    AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    5 166 667 $5 166 667 $
    AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 3
    2 415 000 $2 415 000 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 3
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    725 000 $725 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    725 000 $725 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    3 900 000 $3 900 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 4
    8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance600 000 $$600K)
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 275 000 $1 275 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    716 667 $716 667 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    791 667 $791 667 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
    DG/DD
    RFA - 3
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 3
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    19 déc. 2020 à 15 h 3
    Rejoint: juill. 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,190
    Hoffman will get a lot more elsewhere. Also, bet Panik has an amazing season this year.
    19 déc. 2020 à 15 h 30
    Démarrer sujet
    Fantasy Hockey Pro
    Rejoint: juin 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 2,226
    Quoting: ClockReads2113
    Hoffman will get a lot more elsewhere. Also, bet Panik has an amazing season this year.

I mean if Hoffman wants to sign for more money with a worse team, he can do that. I just thought he’d be sick of missing the playoffs every year between his time with Ottawa and Florida. And sadly, as much as I’d love to see Panik flourish, he had so many chances last season and he just couldn’t finish. Maybe he does turn it around, but I just don’t know.
    19 déc. 2020 à 15 h 39
    Rejoint: juill. 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 3,190
    Quoting: brady_t12
    I mean if Hoffman wants to sign for more money with a worse team, he can do that. I just thought he’d be sick of missing the playoffs every year between his time with Ottawa and Florida. And sadly, as much as I’d love to see Panik flourish, he had so many chances last season and he just couldn’t finish. Maybe he does turn it around, but I just don’t know.

He was one of the teams best play drivers, he was just incredibly unlucky. He was on pace for 30 points last and someone getting paid $2.75M that's good. The crazy thing is that's even with not scoring the first 12 games. Remove those and he's on pace for almost 40 points. Have a feeling he kills it this season with that Panik-Eller-Sprong line.
    19 déc. 2020 à 15 h 56
    Serf
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,461
    "For that amount of money, it’s a waste of cap space."

Your logic is, Panik is a waste of cap space, and he's signed for three more seasons, so a waste times three, and you don't think it will cost a 1st? A cap dump requires an asset for each season of the term, and the higher the cap hit, the better the assets. Dumping that cap will cost a lot more than a 1st, it's $8.25MM in wasted cap.

Tampa Bay, Toronto, Chicago, and Arizona have all figured out he's just not what they expected.

Not a chance Ottawa trades for Panik.
    19 déc. 2020 à 18 h 2
    Démarrer sujet
    Fantasy Hockey Pro
    Quoting: sensibleguy
    "For that amount of money, it’s a waste of cap space."

Your logic is, Panik is a waste of cap space, and he's signed for three more seasons, so a waste times three, and you don't think it will cost a 1st? A cap dump requires an asset for each season of the term, and the higher the cap hit, the better the assets. Dumping that cap will cost a lot more than a 1st, it's $8.25MM in wasted cap.

Tampa Bay, Toronto, Chicago, and Arizona have all figured out he's just not what they expected.

Not a chance Ottawa trades for Panik.

You don’t really know what your talking about. Just because you’re doing the math here doesn’t mean the logic makes sense. Yes it’s 8.25m in cap space spread out over 3 years. 2.75m isn’t a huge burden for Ottawa for the next three years. Look at other cap dumps for players of similar salary. You’re not getting a first for taking such a small cap hit.

Also, what’s this whole spiel about him not being what all those teams expected? He played very well on Arizona especially. I’m incredibly confused by everything in your comment.
    19 déc. 2020 à 18 h 4
    Démarrer sujet
    Fantasy Hockey Pro
    Quoting: ClockReads2113
    He was one of the teams best play drivers, he was just incredibly unlucky. He was on pace for 30 points last and someone getting paid $2.75M that's good. The crazy thing is that's even with not scoring the first 12 games. Remove those and he's on pace for almost 40 points. Have a feeling he kills it this season with that Panik-Eller-Sprong line.

I would think that Hagelin and Sprong start on the third line with Eller. Panik did have success on the fourth line at the end of the season, but my issue is that we’re spending way too much on a fourth line. A guy making 2.75m is probably going to be on the fourth line, whether it’s Hagelin or Panik. I’d love for you to be right here, but I am concerned with how snake bitten he was for the better part of the 19-20 season.
    19 déc. 2020 à 19 h 9
    Serf
    You don’t really know what your talking about. Just because you’re doing the math here doesn’t mean the logic makes sense. Yes it’s 8.25m in cap space spread out over 3 years. 2.75m isn’t a huge burden for Ottawa for the next three years. Look at other cap dumps for players of similar salary. You’re not getting a first for taking such a small cap hit.

Also, what’s this whole spiel about him not being what all those teams expected? He played very well on Arizona especially. I’m incredibly confused by everything in your comment.

You yourself said he was a waste of cap space for what he does, and considering you’re giving assets to get rid of him, why would you think your comment about his time in Arizona would be considered anything less than disingenuous. You’re confused because you’re trying to argue both sides of an argument against yourself.

As for compensation for a cap dump, the second year is bad, the third year is horrible. Keep Panik for the next three seasons and enjoy his cap hit.
    20 déc. 2020 à 15 h 3
    Démarrer sujet
    Fantasy Hockey Pro
    Quoting: sensibleguy
    You yourself said he was a waste of cap space for what he does, and considering you’re giving assets to get rid of him, why would you think your comment about his time in Arizona would be considered anything less than disingenuous. You’re confused because you’re trying to argue both sides of an argument against yourself.

As for compensation for a cap dump, the second year is bad, the third year is horrible. Keep Panik for the next three seasons and enjoy his cap hit.

Oh, I’m SO sorry that I recognized that he was actually good in Arizona. Nothing about what I said was “disingenuous,” and I’m really confused why you’re so angry about a trade on an armchair GM site. He’s not worth the money to the caps, doesn’t mean the caps need to add a first to get rid of his contract. Get off your high horse Mr. “I know all about cap dumps.”
    20 déc. 2020 à 16 h 10
    Serf
    Oh, I’m SO sorry that I recognized that he was actually good in Arizona. Nothing about what I said was “disingenuous,” and I’m really confused why you’re so angry about a trade on an armchair GM site. He’s not worth the money to the caps, doesn’t mean the caps need to add a first to get rid of his contract. Get off your high horse Mr. “I know all about cap dumps.”

It isn't about knowing about cap dumps, it's pretending you like a player that is obviously not someone you want on the team, and therefore unlikely to be wanted on other teams, and then not realizing that the player has three...more...seasons left. You posted that "He played very well on Arizona especially" as an argument that he isn't as bad as you say he is. That's what I mean by arguing against yourself.

Let's look at his Arizona numbers, in fact all his career numbers everywhere he played, just to get a good reference for the player.

WSH 59 games 2.16 points per 60 minutes
    ARI 110 games 1.84 points per 60 minutes
    CHI 149 games 1.73 points per 60 minutes
    TOR 76 games 1.02 points per 60 minutes
    TBL 75 games 1.12 points per 60 minutes

Panik had his best production in Washington, but you think he's "a waste of cap space". Don't worry, you're not alone, other teams think that too.

I admit I get annoyed at people here, but it's because they use high school logic to try to force scenarios that are ridiculous. Just be honest, if you don't like Panik, that's fine. You want to trade Panik, that's fine. Each team only gets $81.5MM in cap, and understanding Panik doesn't play well enough for his cap hit is good, but it's the same for other teams. Don't try to sugarcoat it with something even you don't believe, and if you believe it, then you're wrong, just look at the numbers.

I'll put this trade another way

If the other teams demanded a 1st round pick to acquire Panik, would you give it? If the answer is no, then the 1st is more important than trading Panik, and you should keep him.

For other teams, they don't want Panik either, so if they are going to accept three years of his bloated pay, they need to be properly compensated. Three years of a players career is a long time.

People can say, it's only three years

Now say it like this, jeez it's three...more...years

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage