SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche 2021 season preview

17 déc. 2020 à 10 h 1
Brace for the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,647
Ok this is epic. They were already strong and now the upgraded from Zadorov to Toews while adding Saad??? Gees

Ok so let's get started with the goaltending: IT. IS. GOOD ENOUGH. Grubauer is a very good starter on his own and Francouz is a strong backup. I don't see why people think this is a weak tandem.
The D-core is insanely strong. You've got your PP quaterback in Makar, strong defensive options in Girard, Graves, Cole and Johnson while having Toews as insurance for Both ends of the ice. Although Timmins might make their team out of camp. In fact, I fully expect it.

The F group is just gross, which leads me to my x-factor for them:
Their F depth and Grubauer need to stay healthy. If they do stay healthy, they're winning their division easily.

Here's how I'd build their lineup, with Timmins in:

L-M-R
Bura-Kadri-Saad
Nichushkin-Compher-Donskoi
Calvert-Bellmarre-Jost

Graves-Makar
Girard-Johnson
Toews-Timmins

Grubauer
Francouz

Trade Cole

@coga16
@Richard88
@moli92

Pls do not quote this post, press «reply» instead
ArakinSkywalker a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2020 à 10 h 4
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,335
They are a stacked team and i think they keep Cole as good depth and maybe rotate him with Timmins, they'll definetly be cup contenders and are my favorite to win it also because they're part of the team i like after Montreal
17 déc. 2020 à 10 h 12
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 12,187
All signs are pointing towards byram being on this team. Would be shocked if he’s not getting his 9 games at a minimum

Timmins will have another stellar camp and make the team. He did last year and he always looks good coming out of camps.

Don’t think they move cole, injuries happen and if they are rotating some young dmen in Timmins byram or both, good to have a vet like cole to rotate in for if things get a bit over whelming
Richard88 a aimé ceci.
25 déc. 2020 à 15 h 7
John 3 16
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,618
Quoting: coga16
All signs are pointing towards byram being on this team. Would be shocked if he’s not getting his 9 games at a minimum

Timmins will have another stellar camp and make the team. He did last year and he always looks good coming out of camps.

Don’t think they move cole, injuries happen and if they are rotating some young dmen in Timmins byram or both, good to have a vet like cole to rotate in for if things get a bit over whelming

I read somewhere that the threshold for burning a year is 6 games this season rather than the usual 9, due to the shortened season. But yeah either way I think Byram will get his games. With a compressed schedule having a couple of extra Dman in Timmins and Byram there should be plenty of games to go around, certainly considering the taxi squad as well.

I agree that it's unlikely that Cole gets traded. Veteran Dman are always useful for a contender to have. I doubt too many teams will want to take on his contract either, which would be the main reason we'd trade him. The caveat though would be if there's a team willing to take him on at the deadline in a Cole + pick for [better player] type of trade at the deadline.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage