My prediction:
1-TOR
2-MTL
3-CGY
4-EDM
5-VAN
6-WIN
7-OTT

I expect CGY, EDM and VAN to be within 4-5-6 points from each other at the end of the season. If WIN had one more top 4 d-man they could make a run at it
TheFlamingC a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2020 à 10 h 24
Below Market Value
Rejoint: nov. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 1,324
1. Toronto
2. Montreal
3. Edmonton
4. Vancouver
5. Calgary
6. Winnipeg
7. Ottawa
oilcountry69 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2020 à 14 h 28
Démarrer sujet
OIL COUNTRY BABY
Rejoint: déc. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
1. Toronto
2. Montreal
3. Edmonton
4. Vancouver
5. Calgary
6. Winnipeg
7. Ottawa

this is the most respectable reply, to think Edmonton isn't in the top 3 is blasphemy
17 déc. 2020 à 15 h 17
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: oilcountry69
this is the most respectable reply, to think Edmonton isn't in the top 3 is blasphemy

Not putting Toronto or Edmonton in a top 3 prediction will net you a 45 page essay from either fanbase.
EsoYeezus69 et oilcountry69 a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2020 à 15 h 32
Démarrer sujet
OIL COUNTRY BABY
Quoting: mondo
Not putting Toronto or Edmonton in a top 3 prediction will net you a 45 page essay from either fanbase.

hey, if i can get a 45 page essay it will give me something to read while im at work, so feel free to let me hear about it
17 déc. 2020 à 15 h 56
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,450
1. Toronto

This is pretty clear-cut. They have the best team on paper and have at least addressed some of their defensive woes. High-flying offense and pretty good goaltending make them an obvious pick for top in the division.

2. Edmonton

Toronto-west. The blueline takes a hit for sure with the loss of Klefbom, but Koskinen has shown to be steady and the Oilers went and added a third scoring line. It'll be firewagon hockey, but keeping pace with the Oilers is going to be difficult at best. We're also not considering that McDavid is going to be healthy this season, he hasn't had to rehabilitate his knee and has actually gotten in training time. He alone makes the Oilers scary. Goaltending could absolutely sink them, but find me a team that is immune to that.

3. Montreal

If Suzuki and Kotkaniemi maintain form from the playoffs and Price is steady, the Canadiens are going to challenge for the #2 spot. Very deep team with a quality blueline. If the two young pivots falter, I think they might slide to 4th, maybe 5th if the depth and goaltending can't hold. I like what they did in the offseason, and it's really hard to bet against the guy who's defined the idea of successful goaltending for so long. Very well-balanced team, I just can't fully get behind the hype given the uncertainty of their two young centers.

4. Calgary

As a team, they remained pretty even: Markstrom is a positive add but I think Giordano and Tanev are going to prove to be detrimental to this team. Toronto, Edmonton, and Winnipeg all especially rely on speed and offense and I think their aging defencemen are going to lose the ability to keep up. Not a fan of Backlund as a #2C, and running Lindholm as a pivot dilutes their offense. Their depth is bad, with their third and fourth lines not looking to be super productive. I really want to see Valimaki succeed.

5. Winnipeg

Electric offense and a goaltender that demonstrated mastery the year before is going to make the Jets a pain in the ass to contend with. Hellebyuck is rested too, I don't expect last year's load to influence how he plays this season. I cannot get behind that blueline though. It's ugly, and I genuinely think it'll be Winnipeg's Achilles this season. Their only hope to vault up the rankings is for Hellebyuck to channel Hasek again and for their top-six to outscore their woes. If they add a quality rearguard at the deadline, they could squeak in.

6. Vancouver

The only team in the new Canadian division that got genuinely worse. The loss of Markstrom and Toffoli to the division really hurts this team. I'm not a believer in Holtby and firmly believe that Demko is going to have to put this team on his back in order for success to make it to the West Coast. Hughes and Pettersson will be fun to watch, but the bottom-six and rest of the blueline leaves a lot to be desired.

7. Ottawa

I have them last in the division but finishing in the range of picking 8th-10th overall. This is not the worst team in the league and I believe most of their adds to be positive. The issue here is inexperience and uncertainty. Probably the last year of the "official" rebuild, the Sens will look to add another dynamic youngster at the draft, but I don't see them actively selling pieces this year. Upward and onward!
Kotkaniemi15, oilcountry69 et palhal a aimé ceci.
17 déc. 2020 à 20 h 26
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,805
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
My prediction:
1-TOR
2-MTL
3-CGY
4-EDM
5-VAN
6-WIN
7-OTT

I expect CGY, EDM and VAN to be within 4-5-6 points from each other at the end of the season. If WIN had one more top 4 d-man they could make a run at it

Quoting: mondo
1. Toronto
2. Calgary
3. Montreal
4. Edmonton
5. Vancouver
6. Winnipeg
7. Ottawa

3 through 5 are interchangeable.

These two are basically perfect IMO. Not sure if either of you guys read my Canadian Division analysis, just check out my prof it you want but I basically wrote an entire novel about why this will be how the standings end.
18 déc. 2020 à 9 h 19
Démarrer sujet
OIL COUNTRY BABY
Quoting: TheFlamingC
These two are basically perfect IMO. Not sure if either of you guys read my Canadian Division analysis, just check out my prof it you want but I basically wrote an entire novel about why this will be how the standings end.

yep, you did, thank you for keeping me occupied during work lol
TheFlamingC a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2020 à 16 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 433
Toronto
Edmonton
Calgary
Winnipeg
Vancouver
Montreal
Ottawa
18 déc. 2020 à 18 h 56
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 22,466
Despite the so many Leaf haters on this site, I'm surprised everyone picked the Leafs as # 1. I think so too, as they have improved. But the division is pretty close and injuries will have a lot for each teams success.
Brian2016 a aimé ceci.
19 déc. 2020 à 6 h 20
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,523
1. CGY - Goaltending addressed. Gaudreau bounce-back.
2. TOR - Elite top 6. Improved top 4 D. Depleted depth scoring (Kap & AJ).
3. VAN - I love Pettersson. Horvat is awesome, too.
4. MTL - Much improved on paper. Still many question marks. How will revamped roster find chemistry?
5. EDM - Elite special teams will not completely mask lack of depth scoring and poor goaltending. They're gonna need another monster season from their 2 superstars.
6. WPG - Hellebuyck was elite last season and they were still an average team. Weak D.
7. OTT - Nowhere to go but up...in 2021-22.

I can't wait to see how this division shakes out. In my opinion, any of the top 5 could finish 1st. Any of the top 5 could finish 5th and miss the playoffs (TOR missing would require a serious injury to Freddy). Even though the Leafs are the best team on paper, I think the Flames are set for a big season.
19 déc. 2020 à 10 h 25
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: Brian2016
1. CGY - Goaltending addressed. Gaudreau bounce-back.
2. TOR - Elite top 6. Improved top 4 D. Depleted depth scoring (Kap & AJ).
3. VAN - I love Pettersson. Horvat is awesome, too.
4. MTL - Much improved on paper. Still many question marks. How will revamped roster find chemistry?
5. EDM - Elite special teams will not completely mask lack of depth scoring and poor goaltending. They're gonna need another monster season from their 2 superstars.
6. WPG - Hellebuyck was elite last season and they were still an average team. Weak D.
7. OTT - Nowhere to go but up...in 2021-22.

I can't wait to see how this division shakes out. In my opinion, any of the top 5 could finish 1st. Any of the top 5 could finish 5th and miss the playoffs (TOR missing would require a serious injury to Freddy). Even though the Leafs are the best team on paper, I think the Flames are set for a big season.

I wouldn’t say lack of chemistry a problem for the Habs, my concern is Price, Anderson and Drouin don’t perform at their best and like usual we have scoring problems
19 déc. 2020 à 10 h 27
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
1. TOR - Very deep offense and defense with star talent. Solid goaltending.
2. CGY - Really improved this off-season. Solid team all around.
3. VAN - Solid offense and defense, but the goal-tending is a major question mark.
4. MTL - I think they are getting way over-hyped, but they did improve and should be decent.
5. WIN - Good offense and a good goalie, but they have weak defense and lack depth.
6. EDM - Lots of people might attack me for this, but aside from a handful of players this team isn't great at all.
7. OTT- Still rebuilding.
21 déc. 2020 à 3 h 57
Kansler
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 228
1. Toronto - solid overall, no big changes, tend to start decent, some grit/leadership brought in.
2. Edmonton - no changes to top2 string, good special teams, 56 games short enough for Mcdavid/Draisaitl to not run out of gas
3. Calgary - Finally have an decent goalie in Markström, forwards due a bounceback
4. Winnipeg - Have now 2nd line center, best goalia (if not big dip in production coming), defense (althought dodgy) have now 1 year behind them playing together. If top6 get it going, hard to play against.
5. Vancouver - weaker goaltending (Demko needs to step up in my opinion), lost Toffoli, Miller would need to repeat best season of his career.
6. Monreal - defense even slower with Edmundsson (will struggle against fast teams, not sure if Kotkaniemi ready for much bigger role ( looked mediocre playing in Finnish Liiga), Anderson has to find his form quick to make up for the contract they somehow gave him
7. Ottawa - improved quite some, but basically rebuilding, check again in 2-3 years. Might be quite different then

And of course all these change if some goalie gets on fire (Price for example)
oilcountry69 a aimé ceci.
23 déc. 2020 à 15 h 48
sbinalla
Mentions "j'aime": 357
toronto edmonton vancouver winnepeg calagary montreal ottawa
23 déc. 2020 à 19 h 30
Mentions "j'aime": 601
Toronto
Calgary
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Montreal
Ottawa
Doing this makes me realize why since the Lightning joined the league n 92/93 they have won more Stanley Cups than everyone of these teams combined.
23 déc. 2020 à 20 h 6
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 11,900
Do fans of Canadian teams like the all Canadian division?
23 déc. 2020 à 20 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 601
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I wouldn’t say lack of chemistry a problem for the Habs, my concern is Price, Anderson and Drouin don’t perform at their best and like usual we have scoring problems

Shocking being worried about the Primadona Drouin.” Playing consistently
24 déc. 2020 à 0 h 47
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,675
For me the only safe bet is OTT being last. 1-6 is wide open. TOR on paper are the favorites, no doubt, but forward depth + D is still a big question mark.
24 déc. 2020 à 1 h 1
Molson beer is meh
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,675
Quoting: aedoran
Do fans of Canadian teams like the all Canadian division?

From a competitive standpoint, I like the odds a lot better for the Habs with TB and BOS no longer in the mix. Kinda sucks no more BOS-MTL rivalry games though. Habs have always done generally very well against other Canadien teams (28-11-8 record against the six other teams in the North Division the past three seasons.)
aedoran a aimé ceci.
24 déc. 2020 à 9 h 41
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,763
Ottawa - This is finally their year
Winnipeg - Vezina winning goalie gunna stay hot in a short year.
Edmonton - Mcdavid and Drai still going to hit 100+ each.
Toronto - Wildcard team at best
Calgary - Brodie's loss will be evident even with adding tanev and markstrom. In season trade to change up the offense after yet another underwhelming performance.
Vancouver - If Demko isnt ready, this team is bad. Lost too many pieces from last year.
Montreal - Bruins fan, nuff said.
24 déc. 2020 à 9 h 52
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,293
Quoting: hanson493
Ottawa - This is finally their year
Winnipeg - Vezina winning goalie gunna stay hot in a short year.
Edmonton - Mcdavid and Drai still going to hit 100+ each.
Toronto - Wildcard team at best
Calgary - Brodie's loss will be evident even with adding tanev and markstrom. In season trade to change up the offense after yet another underwhelming performance.
Vancouver - If Demko isnt ready, this team is bad. Lost too many pieces from last year.
Montreal - Bruins fan, nuff said.

i think you're part of a minority with those rankings
hanson493 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage