Forums/Armchair-GM

Laine contract

Créé par: bnormie46
Équipe: 2021-22 Jets de Winnipeg
Date de création initiale: 15 déc. 2020
Publié: 15 déc. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
So if the Jets do not trade laine, his contract will be extremely interesting to see how it unfolds. If Laine has a 45 goal season and with roughly 75 points, you could see a max year deal and mid-8million, if he has the exact same season as last year we will learn it was not center issues and more of a Laine issue from the get-go. If there is a similar season as last year there could be a 6-year deal just under 7million. However, if it is a repeat of last season and there is no improvement of defense, the likelihood of him being traded increases. I know I will see people saying he deserves 9million+ if he scores 40 goals but I know the jets would be very hesitant to give him that contract given the last 2 years in his inconsistent performance. If he has 40 goals and wants that major contract it would be best for a trade, his value will be substantially increased and that money can be more distributed throughout the team with other sisgninsg with a flat cap for the next few years.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
88 400 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Laine, Patrik
66 850 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
Logo de WPG
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
281 500 000 $22 819 924 $145 122 $0 $58 680 076 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Laine, Patrik
6 850 000 $6 850 000 $
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
8 400 000 $8 400 000 $
C, AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
15 déc. 2020 à 17 h 40
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 7,115
If he signs for 6 years, or any amount of years, he's getting a bigger increase in his salary than $100k.
15 déc. 2020 à 17 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 325
Quoting: villenash
If he signs for 6 years, or any amount of years, he's getting a bigger increase in his salary than $100k.

Quoting: villenash

to what extent because if he has the same season as the last 2 it would be terrible for the team to give him anything near 8
15 déc. 2020 à 18 h 17
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 63
If Laine has a great year he will be asking for 9 million + imo over 7 or 8 years. Conversely if he has another average year (30 - 35 goals based on 82game schedule) anything over 7.5 million would be an overpayment. The Jets are going to be in a real tough spot I believe either having a superstar wanting to be paid more than they like or can afford OR having a disgruntled player potentially asking to be traded ( not playing with the best players on the 1st line). I don’t believe there is much middle ground in this situation. I wish we had another year or two before we had to decide what to do . I don’t think another short term contract is an option ( remember how the Trouba contract played out). As a fan of the Jets I am very perplexed on what they should do.........
15 déc. 2020 à 18 h 58
Bandwagon fairweathe
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 3,254
Quoting: OttBeavers
If Laine has a great year he will be asking for 9 million + imo over 7 or 8 years. Conversely if he has another average year (30 - 35 goals based on 82game schedule) anything over 7.5 million would be an overpayment. The Jets are going to be in a real tough spot I believe either having a superstar wanting to be paid more than they like or can afford OR having a disgruntled player potentially asking to be traded ( not playing with the best players on the 1st line). I don’t believe there is much middle ground in this situation. I wish we had another year or two before we had to decide what to do . I don’t think another short term contract is an option ( remember how the Trouba contract played out). As a fan of the Jets I am very perplexed on what they should do.........

I wished they gambled and gave him a 8x9.25 before last season and took the lumps for it over any of this insecurity and everything being up in the air. It’s probably going to take a extra million to get it done in wpg. I’m not sure if Winnipeg will ever have 10 million dollar player in that small market, but could be wrong. Would rather gamble on the jets drafted kids over anything else, but we will see window probably 3 years of the 4 years left on scheifele contract, so rebuild at that point And a clean house. So probably goes with team control on laine also, so need a contract beyond that and a sad sad fire sale day.
15 déc. 2020 à 21 h 31
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,370
He was just shy of being a point a game player, I know you don't like Laine but the critiques of his season like it was bad are delusional and as villenash said he'll be looking for more then a $100k raise if he's signing a 6 year deal, hell if he signs a one year deal he'll be looking for more then a $100k raise.. Lol

Laine is easily the biggest star they have, if they don't sign him long term they're fools, on a long term deal he's easily worth $8M and even if they give him $9 and it's an overpay it's only a slight overpay, I'd WAY rather slightly overpay Laine by a million or so then some 3rd or 4th line easily replaceable plug.

Simply put you need to pay the guys people pay to watch! Unfortunately I think he'll be traded, seems like he wants out for some reason and the Jets don't seem to be interested in trying to keep him around.
15 déc. 2020 à 21 h 34
MisstheWhalers
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12,370
Quoting: OttBeavers

Look at what Hayes, Johansen and Duchene are making, who fukkin cares if Laine gets $7.5M over 8 years, he's easily worth that.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage