SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Tampa Bay Lightning signed Jack Finley (3 Years / $896,667 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

12 déc. 2020 à 22 h 9
Jack Finley has signed a new contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Contrat d’entrée
Contrats comparablesCOMPARER CE CONTRAT
SIGNÉ PAR: Julien BriseBois
Durée: 3 ans
Valeur: 2 875 000 $
Statut à l’échéance du contrat: RFA
% Cap Info-bulle: 0,98
Contrat signé avec: Logo de Lightning de Tampa BayLightning de Tampa Bay
Date de signature: 12 déc. 2020
Source: CapFriendly

Jack Finley a signé un contrat de 3 ans d'une valeur de 2 875 000 $ avec les Lightning de Tampa Bay, le 12 déc. 2020. Le contrat comporte un cap hit de 797 500 $.

SAISONClauseCap hitInfo-bulleAAV Info-bulleBonis de performanceInfo-bulleBonis de signatureInfo-bulleSalaire de baseInfo-bulleSalaire totalInfo-bulleSalaire mineuresInfo-bulle
2020-21825 833 $925 000 $92 500 $REPORT D’ENTRÉE EN VIGUEUR DU CONTRAT D’ENTRÉE
2021-22820 000 $919 167 $92 500 $REPORT D’ENTRÉE EN VIGUEUR DU CONTRAT D’ENTRÉE
2022-23797 500 $896 667 $132 500 $92 500 $750 000 $842 500 $80 000 $
2023-24797 500 $896 667 $82 500 $0 $775 000 $775 000 $80 000 $
2024-25797 500 $896 667 $82 500 $0 $775 000 $775 000 $80 000 $
TOTAL4 038 333 $4 534 168 $297 500 $277 500 $2 115 000 $2 392 500 $240 000 $
Offre qualificativeInfo-bulle: 813 750 $
12 déc. 2020 à 22 h 28
Breadman likes Bread
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,729
Big kid. Hope he does well.
capfriendlyaccount a aimé ceci.
13 déc. 2020 à 5 h 3
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 623
Cirelli replacement
13 déc. 2020 à 7 h 32
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,333
Decent prospect and with that cheap of a contract might help Tampa
13 déc. 2020 à 8 h 43
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,660
He really shot up the draft board. I wanted the Hawks to draft him, but he wasn't there in the 3rd. I expect him to be back in Spokane. He needs more time to develop. I'd like to see him take over that captaincy from Ty Smith. He an Beckman can continue their growth at least 1 more year there.
13 déc. 2020 à 15 h 24
NoCupsForCanada
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 557
Really wanted the Wings to take this kid. We need all the help at Center we can get
13 déc. 2020 à 18 h 45
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 833
Quoting: KingLundqvist30
Big kid. Hope he does well.

Quoting: LindyRuffRider
Cirelli replacement

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Decent prospect and with that cheap of a contract might help Tampa

Quoting: exo2769
He really shot up the draft board. I wanted the Hawks to draft him, but he wasn't there in the 3rd. I expect him to be back in Spokane. He needs more time to develop. I'd like to see him take over that captaincy from Ty Smith. He an Beckman can continue their growth at least 1 more year there.

Quoting: TheWolfe
Really wanted the Wings to take this kid. We need all the help at Center we can get

Almost a point per game in the WHL, a 6'6 / 213 pound centremen, and one of the youngest players in the draft.

What's the knock on this kid? There has to be a reason he's a late 2nd who was ranked even lower?

Anyone know?
13 déc. 2020 à 21 h 21
exo2769
Rejoint: juill. 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 9,660
Modifié 13 déc. 2020 à 21 h 31
Quoting: drewjenkins
Almost a point per game in the WHL, a 6'6 / 213 pound centremen, and one of the youngest players in the draft.

What's the knock on this kid? There has to be a reason he's a late 2nd who was ranked even lower?

Anyone know?

Tough call. I wanted the Hawks to draft him...so I do like what he brings. I didn't think he'd go in the 2nd though. From what I saw/read speed is slower than other big guys like Byfield Dach. I don't think the game is going to a PURE speed game like alot of people think, but it is going to a faster game with size. I also didn't think his hands were quite as good, but I'm going from memory. Thats why a Byfield/Dach are top 3 picks. But to be fair, Thats also a tough comp. Those two are crazy talented. For his sake I'd like to see him get 2 more years in Spokane. He's had the benefit of being on pretty good teams. Ty Smith 2x WHL dman of the year...over guys like Bowen Byram. I'd like to see him become the leader next year and take another step forward. He'll need to stay a full ppg or more too.

I think the reason TBL took him in the 2nd was because they're willing to wait the time it might take for him to fully develop. IF he does...could be a huge pick.
14 déc. 2020 à 14 h 56
We are all equal
Rejoint: févr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 331
Big kid. Going to need some time in the AHL first though. Coming from a season ticket holder for a W team.
17 déc. 2020 à 10 h 57
Evans truther
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,434
Quoting: drewjenkins

Anyone know?

As a Habs fan I was destroyed when I saw the deal, convinced we were going to pick him there, but why did he got picked later in the second round?
- He centered Adam Backman the leading scorer of the WHL and only 13 points behind Rossi for the CHL lead, obviously that pumps up the stat sheet.
- His skating isn't great and that's a concern when you're picking earlier in the draft, it just seems to be a lot harder to help a bigger guy with his skating for some reason and some just never gets it up to NHL speed (RIP McCarron).
- He's tall but isn't a bulky type of guy either (He's 5 pounds lighter than Myers) and that's kind of my biggest red flag there. If the kid isn't a great skater at this weight what will happen if/when he picks up 10 or 15 pounds of core muscle? If he loses speed he becomes nothing more than a good defensive fourth liner because he won't be able to keep the pace with better opponents.

Now the overview, I love the player and would be thrilled to have him in my pool but looking around and seeing analyst compare him to Getzlaf or Hayes isn't fair. Ryan had roughly the same numbers in his draft year but I'd argue that he wasn't playing with a leading scorer like Beckman, following his draft he had 130 points in 100 games in his next two year with the Calgary Hitmen, I doubt Finley has that much of an offensive touch. A fairer comparison at this point in time should be Jordan Staal, a steady-ish 20 goal scorer because he has the size to go grind his goals in front of the net that can play on both side of the ice. Should he be predicted to be your 2C, no but can he do the work if needed, yes he could because of his two-way game. On the other side of the spectrum I'd say his floor resemble Brian Boyle, a big guy that isn't going to give you much offensive numbers but will grind out minutes and be able to get faceoffs and defensive assignments when needed, he would still be a premium fourth liner because of his size but mainly a defensive one.
17 déc. 2020 à 11 h 1
Breadman likes Bread
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,729
Quoting: ColonelX
As a Habs fan I was destroyed when I saw the deal, convinced we were going to pick him there, but why did he got picked later in the second round?
- He centered Adam Backman the leading scorer of the WHL and only 13 points behind Rossi for the CHL lead, obviously that pumps up the stat sheet.
- His skating isn't great and that's a concern when you're picking earlier in the draft, it just seems to be a lot harder to help a bigger guy with his skating for some reason and some just never gets it up to NHL speed (RIP McCarron).
- He's tall but isn't a bulky type of guy either (He's 5 pounds lighter than Myers) and that's kind of my biggest red flag there. If the kid isn't a great skater at this weight what will happen if/when he picks up 10 or 15 pounds of core muscle? If he loses speed he becomes nothing more than a good defensive fourth liner because he won't be able to keep the pace with better opponents.

Now the overview, I love the player and would be thrilled to have him in my pool but looking around and seeing analyst compare him to Getzlaf or Hayes isn't fair. Ryan had roughly the same numbers in his draft year but I'd argue that he wasn't playing with a leading scorer like Beckman, following his draft he had 130 points in 100 games in his next two year with the Calgary Hitmen, I doubt Finley has that much of an offensive touch. A fairer comparison at this point in time should be Jordan Staal, a steady-ish 20 goal scorer because he has the size to go grind his goals in front of the net that can play on both side of the ice. Should he be predicted to be your 2C, no but can he do the work if needed, yes he could because of his two-way game. On the other side of the spectrum I'd say his floor resemble Brian Boyle, a big guy that isn't going to give you much offensive numbers but will grind out minutes and be able to get faceoffs and defensive assignments when needed, he would still be a premium fourth liner because of his size but mainly a defensive one.

I look at him as a cheap man’s Kopitar. Big guy, ok skating, good on offense. Hope he does well.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage