Forums/Armchair-GM

we arent making any more trades

Créé par: pharrow
Équipe: 2020-21 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 11 déc. 2020
Publié: 11 déc. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I know it's hard for others to imagine, but the cap issues next year and not really having done anything 2 weeks before camp starts I just don't see it.
Marino is going to command a huge salary next year. Anything we bring in is basically a rental. If they are happy with what they got their cap wrapped up in, they probably aren't looking at moving it next year.

OConner is just tearing it up everywhere he goes. I think if they bring him into camp he sticks.
Poulin is clearly not one of their top 6 forwards. But he's definitely in their top 12 given what's under the top 6.
They try to space out their lines for balance.

WIth no trades and no signings I think this is as good as this team can get.
When you look at it. You have to really question the offseason moves.
Why bother signing Jankowski or ERod.
I honestly think both guys could have brought in on tryouts at this point. Hell you got better players still not signed.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de WSH
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2481 500 000 $78 579 342 $0 $1 832 500 $2 920 658 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
C, AG
RFA - 4
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG
UFA - 2
2 940 000 $2 940 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
AD, C, AG
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
G
UFA - 3
4 025 175 $4 025 175 $
DG
UFA - 5
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
G
UFA - 2
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
DG
UFA - 6
853 333 $853 333 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
DD
UFA - 3
1 150 000 $1 150 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
700 000 $700 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 déc. 2020 à 9 h 27
B
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
This is funny stuff. There are way more L shooting players which means it has to happen. They experiment to figure out who is more comfortable. Not quite so complicated...
11 déc. 2020 à 9 h 37
Hockey IQ
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,481
Quoting: PGHBOB69
Ok, I’m not too sure about Zucker b/c I’m not super Familiar with him yet. But I’m sure by his size he can’t be great at playing his weak side. I’m sure u know, but I was trying to find an analogy with another sport to compare to switching a wing from his strong side to his weak side.

In basketball it would be like telling a right handed NBA player, he has to shoot with his left hand the whole game. Without really practicing, and playing in the NBA game against other NBA players, and NBA defenders and after he shot with his right hand all growing up and his whole life. And hundreds of thousands of people are watching, and your contract is on the line. That’s sort of what it’s like to move a player that plays LW to RW. And I would say it actually harder.

The reason I don’t think Zucker would be good at his weak side, is cause his size. When u bring the puck down on your strong side (obviously right handed shot right side, and visa versa) you have the puck guarded by your body and the boards. And all the passes from the Defense behind u, you take on your forehand. Easy.

If you are on your weak side, carrying the puck up ice on your forehand, the puck and stick will be in middle of the ice. With Nothing protecting the puck. Most players that are able to play their weak side..skate down, and use one hand, the hand against the boards, on the stick and controlling the puck, and use their othe hand, the free hand to guard the puck and fight off the defender. But you have to be very strong to do this. Like Ovi, he plays the LW and is a right-handed shot. Plays his weak side. And u have to take all the passes off the boards on your back-hand and switch it to your forehand. And everything against the boards, like Keeping the puck on sides along the boards, u have to stop it on your back-hand and either back hand it back in, or stop it back-hand and switch it to your fore-hand.

On your strong side, you just stop it along the boards on your forehand and wrist it back in. Easy. And Fighting for the puck along the boards. All on your forehand. The puck is always protected by your body and the boards too.

And on your weak side, when the puck is on your forehand is always in the middle of the ice with nothing protecting it and where all the defense is. And u can see why this is a huge problem for defenders. Having there forehand always in the middle of the ice in your defensive zone!! Always passing on their forehand and it’s in the middle of the ice. No good!! Where a defender on his strong side. His forehand is away from the center of the ice and he can just wrist it up the boards out of the zone.

I’m sure u understand all this..u seem very knowledgeable!! But when people want to put Guentzel on the RW. It makes me want to scream. He’s played LW his whole life, growing up, always been the best player on his team, always skated on his strong side. Now people want him to switch to his weak side, something he isn’t used too. Do your trial run and trial and error in a NHL game, against other NHL players and NHL defenders. And all your teammates and fans counting on u. And when your contract is coming up soon. Or u are in a slump and u might get sent down. So lets move him down a line and put him on the opposite side he’s played he’s whole life and is used too..lol. It’s drives me crazy. It’s not as easy as people think. People think they are inter-changeable. They are completely different positions. Especially on defense too. The LWs are much more defensively responsible. They have to be. The RW has more freedom. Again, I’m sure u know this, but people u want to switch wingers sides. Just copy and paste..lol. People don’t understand how hard it is to do and to change.

Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Zucker has been playing RW for a couple years now. He is perfectly fine on the off hand. Not sure how size matters for that, just look at Kane.

Size 100% matters when u are playing your weak side and not your strong side.

And like P.Kane..lol..One of the best stick handlers in hockey. Ya, Patrick Kane’s alittle different my man. He has the skill to do whatever he wants. He’s an outlier. Not included.

And all the wingers on here have RW/LW eligibility b/c they are PP guys. And it’s very common to switch sides and play on your weak side on the PP. you get the advantage of your shot being in the middle of the ice and able to get off quicker shots. One- timers, wrist shots, etc. most wingers don’t play both LW and RW. It’s not that easy

of course NHL players are skilled enough to take all their passes on their back-hand and switch it to their forehand. But at what cost too.?? To lose a second. Against other NHL players and NHL D-Men.

And of course they are skilled enough to make passes with their back-hand. Again, at what cost though? Not as hard, not as accurate??

And again, most being the best player on their team their whole life. They grew up and always played their strong side. Let’s change now in the NHL, during an NHL game, literally at the highest level and the highest stakes. Where There are no excuses for mistakes.

And yes, u have to be strong on the puck to play on your weak side. It’s realky hard to protect the puck.

On your strong side, it’s always naturally protected by your body and the boards. The defender has to go through u to get the puck.

On your weak side, you are so venerable to poke-checks. Just play one game and imagine the boards being around u.

Or imagine your walls in the room u are in as the boards. And image a goal on each end of the room. And see the difference when u are on your strong side and weak side. Imagine fighting along the boards on your weak side. How your stick is always on your back-hand. And if you are at the blue line and the puck comes around the boards and u have to stop it and keep it on-sides. Everything on your back-hand!! On your strong side. Simple stop on your forehand a quick rister back in. Or even a one-timer back in along the boards. U can’t do that playing your weak side.

I never found one time, one game, Zucker played RW.?? Please help!! This is the only site that has RW even as another option.

https://triblive.com/sports/penguins-expect-to-line-jason-zucker-up-with-sidney-crosby/

hope I'm not late to the debate lol....
I had heard[incorrectly] I guess, that zucker had never played RW...thanks for clearing that up....
for me, as just playing hockey casually, it it a huge and very noticeable difference playing RW VS LW (I'm a lefty). I prefer playing C just so I don't have to mess with the wings but what PGHBOB69 said about how it feels to play each side is so correct. having the puck on your strong side is easier for sure. when I play RW I have to swing to my backhand alot and I'm no Sid so it's harder to keep possession.
I'd love to see if zucker/poulin/guentzel can play RW and do it just as well as LW. there are in fact lots of guys who can play their off wings totally great but those are elite level talents--I am not...
either way we could use someone on the 3rd Line RW so I hope Poulin can come up.
11 déc. 2020 à 10 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 4,837
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Zucker has been playing RW for a couple years now. He is perfectly fine on the off hand. Not sure how size matters for that, just look at Kane.

Ok, I’m not too sure about Zucker b/c I’m not super Familiar with him yet. But I’m sure by his size he can’t be great at playing his weak side. I’m sure u know, but I was trying to find an analogy with another sport to compare to switching a wing from his strong side to his weak side.

In basketball it would be like telling a right handed NBA player, he has to shoot with his left hand the whole game. Without really practicing, and playing in the NBA game against other NBA players, and NBA defenders and after he shot with his right hand all growing up and his whole life. And hundreds of thousands of people are watching, and your contract is on the line. That’s sort of what it’s like to move a player that plays LW to RW. And I would say it actually harder.

The reason I don’t think Zucker would be good at his weak side, is cause his size. When u bring the puck down on your strong side (obviously right handed shot right side, and visa versa) you have the puck guarded by your body and the boards. And all the passes from the Defense behind u, you take on your forehand. Easy.

If you are on your weak side, carrying the puck up ice on your forehand, the puck and stick will be in middle of the ice. With Nothing protecting the puck. Most players that are able to play their weak side..skate down, and use one hand, the hand against the boards, on the stick and controlling the puck, and use their othe hand, the free hand to guard the puck and fight off the defender. But you have to be very strong to do this. Like Ovi, he plays the LW and is a right-handed shot. Plays his weak side. And u have to take all the passes off the boards on your back-hand and switch it to your forehand. And everything against the boards, like Keeping the puck on sides along the boards, u have to stop it on your back-hand and either back hand it back in, or stop it back-hand and switch it to your fore-hand.

On your strong side, you just stop it along the boards on your forehand and wrist it back in. Easy. And Fighting for the puck along the boards. All on your forehand. The puck is always protected by your body and the boards too.

And on your weak side, when the puck is on your forehand is always in the middle of the ice with nothing protecting it and where all the defense is. And u can see why this is a huge problem for defenders. Having there forehand always in the middle of the ice in your defensive zone!! Always passing on their forehand and it’s in the middle of the ice. No good!! Where a defender on his strong side. His forehand is away from the center of the ice and he can just wrist it up the boards out of the zone.

I’m sure u understand all this..u seem very knowledgeable!! But when people want to put Guentzel on the RW. It makes me want to scream. He’s played LW his whole life, growing up, always been the best player on his team, always skated on his strong side. Now people want him to switch to his weak side, something he isn’t used too. Do your trial run and trial and error in a NHL game, against other NHL players and NHL defenders. And all your teammates and fans counting on u. And when your contract is coming up soon. Or u are in a slump and u might get sent down. So lets move him down a line and put him on the opposite side he’s played he’s whole life and is used too..lol. It’s drives me crazy. It’s not as easy as people think. People think they are inter-changeable. They are completely different positions. Especially on defense too. The LWs are much more defensively responsible. They have to be. The RW has more freedom. Again, I’m sure u know this, but people u want to switch wingers sides. Just copy and paste..lol. People don’t understand how hard it is to do and to change.

There is a general rule I learned in hockey growing up playing.
It's easier to switch to your natural side. This is why it's easier for people to go from L to R. But harder for people to go from R to L.
A lot of Right handed guys shoot left. Zucker is one of them. He's right handed. He's not a natural lefty. I did the same playing until I got to college and the coaches changed my shot. The reason is simple. Power on the shot. You can shoot it harder and better with your dominate hand down low on the stick. For a Defenseman, who has to shoot from up high, that makes a huge difference. I would have never started in college shooting my off side. My shot was not as strong and just wild.
A lot of guys play off hand, I did this too when I was younger. I started left because when I grabbed the stick, the left shot felt natural, and that shooting L just seemed normal. The thing about is the Right hand was up high. The hand up high means more control when the puck is on your stick. For me playing defense it also meant more control with more reach. Whey you stick your stick you stretcher out it's one handed in your dominate stronger hard. So if you reach for a puck to chip it etc... it's off the strong hand.
So Zucker can go from L to R easier than if he was a natural left going to the Right. In some sense it will actually help his shot improve. It's just gonna feel a bit weirder. Because the control when you don't shoot, is going to be off. For a forward who is a sniper and not the playmaker on the line, that isn't a huge issue. And the truth is, we want to see Zucker shoot. He's the best shot on that line.
11 déc. 2020 à 11 h 9
Retired V2 V3 GM
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,141
I totally agree with you Pharrow! I'm sick and tired of seeing people mentioning Pacioretty trades when that is never going to happen.
pharrow a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2020 à 11 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Size 100% matters when u are playing your weak side and not your strong side.

And like P.Kane..lol..One of the best stick handlers in hockey. Ya, Patrick Kane’s alittle different my man. He has the skill to do whatever he wants. He’s an outlier. Not included.

And all the wingers on here have RW/LW eligibility b/c they are PP guys. And it’s very common to switch sides and play on your weak side on the PP. you get the advantage of your shot being in the middle of the ice and able to get off quicker shots. One- timers, wrist shots, etc. most wingers don’t play both LW and RW. It’s not that easy

of course NHL players are skilled enough to take all their passes on their back-hand and switch it to their forehand. But at what cost too.?? To lose a second. Against other NHL players and NHL D-Men.

And of course they are skilled enough to make passes with their back-hand. Again, at what cost though? Not as hard, not as accurate??

And again, most being the best player on their team their whole life. They grew up and always played their strong side. Let’s change now in the NHL, during an NHL game, literally at the highest level and the highest stakes. Where There are no excuses for mistakes.

And yes, u have to be strong on the puck to play on your weak side. It’s realky hard to protect the puck.

On your strong side, it’s always naturally protected by your body and the boards. The defender has to go through u to get the puck.

On your weak side, you are so venerable to poke-checks. Just play one game and imagine the boards being around u.

Or imagine your walls in the room u are in as the boards. And image a goal on each end of the room. And see the difference when u are on your strong side and weak side. Imagine fighting along the boards on your weak side. How your stick is always on your back-hand. And if you are at the blue line and the puck comes around the boards and u have to stop it and keep it on-sides. Everything on your back-hand!! On your strong side. Simple stop on your forehand a quick rister back in. Or even a one-timer back in along the boards. U can’t do that playing your weak side.

I never found one time, one game, Zucker played RW.?? Please help!! This is the only site that has RW even as another option.

https://triblive.com/sports/penguins-expect-to-line-jason-zucker-up-with-sidney-crosby/

I mean size matters in general in hockey there is no doubt about that but left or right is not a huge difference. Most of what you are defining here is not really how I personally learned how to play.
When you are protecting the puck you don't do this with your upper body. You do that with your legs. Crosby is a good example of this. So is any basketball player posting up.
You stick your ass out and lean forward. This creates space between you and the opponent and the puck. It's one of the reasons boarding and cross checking is so dangerous and a penalty. You see it all the time. They hit the guy from behind and he goes.....head first into the boards. Because he's ass out and leaned forward. That's how one naturally falls.
If you are trying to throw guys off the puck one handed, you can do that to smaller players. But that's not going to happen with guys of equal size or larger. A usually you are doing that with them behind you. No one has strength enough in their arms to do that. A. physiologically you are at a mechanical disadvantage. B. your back strength is not that great. We are much strong in a flexion than an extension which is what the arm is doing in that motion. That's something a 6'4 guy does to a 5'9 one and can get away with it. But against someone your size forget about it. It's why people like big defense men.
The truth is, anyone lifting weight knows that your non dominate side is very close in strength to your dominate side. A. there is a lot of bilateral movements. bench press, curl bar etc.. And B. when there are singular movements it's always the same weight. You one is curling 45 lbsin one hand and 55 lbs in the other. We are in general very symmetrical. The reason the coordination is off is neurological. That's coming from the brain and is why you can hold two things the same weight but you can write with one hand but not the other. But as far as protecting yourself on the boards and shielding the puck strength wise. It made no difference to me which side I held the stick. Boxing out was done mostly in the legs, and when I did use my upper body, it's not like I was that much stronger on my right side. I wasn't.
Which is back to the point of control. That is the biggest difference I experienced in playing both sides. Hand up top = smaller movements easier control. Hand down low, it's harder to control the stick up top with my left hand than my right. So I end up trying to control the stick from the bottom. Which takes larger movements and is just awkward to stop doing. You naturally want to move the stick with your dominate hand. This is why people like longer sticks. You can get your Right hand up higher on the bottom of the stick and makes for easier control.
11 déc. 2020 à 17 h 52
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 454
@pharrow @Pens3lieve @Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan @Lyle_Bubas

I’m have to have my keepers in my fantasy league in tonight. I think I’m gonna have to let u go of Stamkos. 4 skaters and 1 goalie. I’m keeping Geno, Laine, E.Pettersson, and D.Larkin. Letting Stamkos go. It’s either him or Larkin. Stamkos has been on my team for about 6-7 years now. I need confirmation I’m doing the right thing..lol.
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2020 à 20 h 28
Hockey IQ

I’m have to have my keepers in my fantasy league in tonight. I think I’m gonna have to let u go of Stamkos. 4 skaters and 1 goalie. I’m keeping Geno, Laine, E.Pettersson, and D.Larkin. Letting Stamkos go. It’s either him or Larkin. Stamkos has been on my team for about 6-7 years now. I need confirmation I’m doing the right thing..lol.

yeah sure bc Stamkos had been hurt a ton....
PGHBOB69 a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2020 à 21 h 12
Quoting: Pens3lieve
yeah sure bc Stamkos had been hurt a ton....

Sh*t see, I thought so too. I kept Larkin already. But I looked at his stats. He played 82 games in 18-19 and had 98 points. And played 57 games last year out of 62 and had 66 points. And was hurt during last year’s play-offs. But he hasn’t been hurt very much at all in career. Just last year’s play-offs. And he’s only 30.. oh well, thanks man. I already kept D.Larkin. I have the 8th pick in the draft next weekend. He still might be available when it gets to me.
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2020 à 21 h 38
Hockey IQ
Sh*t see, I thought so too. I kept Larkin already. But I looked at his stats. He played 82 games in 18-19 and had 98 points. And played 57 games last year out of 62 and had 66 points. And was hurt during last year’s play-offs. But he hasn’t been hurt very much at all in career. Just last year’s play-offs. And he’s only 30.. oh well, thanks man. I already kept D.Larkin. I have the 8th pick in the draft next weekend. He still might be available when it gets to me.

productive when healthy....
PGHBOB69 a aimé ceci.
11 déc. 2020 à 21 h 40
Hockey IQ
Quoting: pharrow
It's easier to switch to your natural side. This is why it's easier for people to go from L to R. But harder for people to go from R to L.
A lot of Right handed guys shoot left. Zucker is one of them. He's right handed. He's not a natural lefty. I did the same playing until I got to college and the coaches changed my shot. The reason is simple. Power on the shot. You can shoot it harder and better with your dominate hand down low on the stick. For a Defenseman, who has to shoot from up high, that makes a huge difference. I would have never started in college shooting my off side. My shot was not as strong and just wild.
A lot of guys play off hand, I did this too when I was younger. I started left because when I grabbed the stick, the left shot felt natural, and that shooting L just seemed normal. The thing about is the Right hand was up high. The hand up high means more control when the puck is on your stick. For me playing defense it also meant more control with more reach. Whey you stick your stick you stretcher out it's one handed in your dominate stronger hard. So if you reach for a puck to chip it etc... it's off the strong hand.
So Zucker can go from L to R easier than if he was a natural left going to the Right. In some sense it will actually help his shot improve. It's just gonna feel a bit weirder. Because the control when you don't shoot, is going to be off. For a forward who is a sniper and not the playmaker on the line, that isn't a huge issue. And the truth is, we want to see Zucker shoot. He's the best shot on that line.

interesting thought. I've never heard that. I'm right handed and I shoot left. my brother is left handed and also shoots left. he always does seem to be stronger on the puck than I am.....hmm. that does make sense....
11 déc. 2020 à 22 h 5
Modifié 11 déc. 2020 à 22 h 11

Ya, I understand the dominant hand on the bottom for a Harder shot and the dominate hand on top gives u more control over the little movements for puck-handling.

The rule I was taught growing up, is grab a snow shovel. And however that feels comfortable to u, is how u should hold your stick and whether u should shoot lefty or righty. As far as which hand should be on top or bottom.

But yes, I wasnt talking about changing your shot from right to left. Just Playing on your weak side, is a left-handed shot playing on the right side. So his forehand is In the middle of the ice. Or a right handed shot playing the left side and same thing, his forehand is in the middle of the ice.

So carrying the puck down that side, you are very venerable. If u are on your strong side. With your forehand towards the boards. Carrying the puck down that side, your strong side. The puck is naturally protected by your body and the boards. The defender has to go throw u to get the puck. But carrying the puck down on your weak side, with your forehand in the middle of the ice, You have to be very strong on the puck to keep the puck protected.

Like OVi plays LW and shoots right-handed. The best I’ve ever seen at carrying the puck down on his weak side and he just puts his stick In one hand, the hand closest to the boards, his left hand, And pushes and shields the defender off with his free hand, his right hand.

No NHL player will change from shooting lefty to shooting righty just to switch wings. They won’t even change their sticks or tape jobs..lol. let alone shooting the opposite way.

That’s why it’s called playing your weak side. Cause it’s harder to do everything. But one advantage, your forehand shot is in the center of the ice and you can receive passes better and get shoots off quicker. Hence players playing on their weak side on PP’s..a lot, very common.

But even coming down the ice, u want to come down your strong side, b/c u have better angles on your forehand shot. With your forehand against the boards. And shoot at hard angles for goalies to control rebounds. And turn it over to your back-hand in the middle of the ice.
12 déc. 2020 à 6 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Ya, I understand the dominant hand on the bottom for a Harder shot and the dominate hand on top gives u more control over the little movements for puck-handling.

The rule I was taught growing up, is grab a snow shovel. And however that feels comfortable to u, is how u should hold your stick and whether u should shoot lefty or righty. As far as which hand should be on top or bottom.

But yes, I wasnt talking about changing your shot from right to left. Just Playing on your weak side, is a left-handed shot playing on the right side. So his forehand is In the middle of the ice. Or a right handed shot playing the left side and same thing, his forehand is in the middle of the ice.

So carrying the puck down that side, you are very venerable. If u are on your strong side. With your forehand towards the boards. Carrying the puck down that side, your strong side. The puck is naturally protected by your body and the boards. The defender has to go throw u to get the puck. But carrying the puck down on your weak side, with your forehand in the middle of the ice, You have to be very strong on the puck to keep the puck protected.

Like OVi plays LW and shoots right-handed. The best I’ve ever seen at carrying the puck down on his weak side and he just puts his stick In one hand, the hand closest to the boards, his left hand, And pushes and shields the defender off with his free hand, his right hand.

No NHL player will change from shooting lefty to shooting righty just to switch wings. They won’t even change their sticks or tape jobs..lol. let alone shooting the opposite way.

That’s why it’s called playing your weak side. Cause it’s harder to do everything. But one advantage, your forehand shot is in the center of the ice and you can receive passes better and get shoots off quicker. Hence players playing on their weak side on PP’s..a lot, very common.

But even coming down the ice, u want to come down your strong side, b/c u have better angles on your forehand shot. With your forehand against the boards. And shoot at hard angles for goalies to control rebounds. And turn it over to your back-hand in the middle of the ice.

see we are working with 2 different assumptions here. You are going with the assumption that "No NHL player will change from shooting lefty to shooting righty just to switch wings."
and I'm going with the assumption that this is a given.
He's going to switch sticks and his shot. Many players do this when switching sides. Especially defensemen, like I did. And the reason why is as your describing. If you don't switch your stick and shot as a defense man, you have to point to point on your backhand. So for most of us, it's not an option. And believe it or not your passes will actually be better with your dominate hand lower on the stick, for the same reason you shot improves. You have more power and control over it. The hard part comes in stick handling aka to dangle to puck. It's harder to do that with the hand down low, because it's larger movements. Now I can't really say I was ever really going to dangle the puck. A. I wasn't really fast, and B I had no business playing anything but 160 foot game because of that. But if you are a sniper, the dangling part isn't really the issue. We want Zucker to shoot here. Not play with the puck. He has the best shot on that line.
So yeah, I do assume he switches hands.
12 déc. 2020 à 6 h 4
Démarrer sujet
Banni

I have never played fantasy hockey so I can't really say. I know little about the rules
12 déc. 2020 à 6 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Quoting: Pens3lieve
interesting thought. I've never heard that. I'm right handed and I shoot left. my brother is left handed and also shoots left. he always does seem to be stronger on the puck than I am.....hmm. that does make sense....

If you switch your stick and your grip you'll be able to shoot better.
What a lot of people have started doing in the NHL and it's a tread I wish I learned when I played is they are using more flat sticks. Most people grow up learning to use a stick with a curve. But you see more and more guys using a flat stick. Even crosby uses a flat stick.
https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/crosby-finds-success-using-unique-stick/c-494216
"Sidney Crosby uses a unique two-piece hockey stick with a blade that’s nearly straight. "
Datsyuk used a flat stick.
The reason for this is it's easier to switch sides. It's one of the reasons Crosby is so good on his backhand. He doesn't have much of a curve to the stick.
So if you were to use a more flat stick, you could actually go Dominate hand on top to dangle but when you know you need to hit a slap shot you could switch for a one timer.

More and more I actually see guys do this. They shoot the dominate side hand down, but when they dangle they are dominate hand up. Because their blade is so flat they can get the best of both worlds. Although if they are doing a breakaway etc.. they still shoot dominate hand up.

But It's an idea to improve your game or teach younger players. Some of the best players ever actually do this. I believe Crosby is a natural left so he natural shoots left. But having the flat blade lets him control the puck better when you see him stretch out on the nondominate hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FfJf-P6zQo&ab_channel=NHL
Notice the shot, it's 1 handed, Right hand. His non dominate hand.

It's the small things people pick up on that make huge differences.
12 déc. 2020 à 8 h 48
Hockey IQ
If you switch your stick and your grip you'll be able to shoot better.
What a lot of people have started doing in the NHL and it's a tread I wish I learned when I played is they are using more flat sticks. Most people grow up learning to use a stick with a curve. But you see more and more guys using a flat stick. Even crosby uses a flat stick.
https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/crosby-finds-success-using-unique-stick/c-494216
"Sidney Crosby uses a unique two-piece hockey stick with a blade that’s nearly straight. "
Datsyuk used a flat stick.
The reason for this is it's easier to switch sides. It's one of the reasons Crosby is so good on his backhand. He doesn't have much of a curve to the stick.
So if you were to use a more flat stick, you could actually go Dominate hand on top to dangle but when you know you need to hit a slap shot you could switch for a one timer.

More and more I actually see guys do this. They shoot the dominate side hand down, but when they dangle they are dominate hand up. Because their blade is so flat they can get the best of both worlds. Although if they are doing a breakaway etc.. they still shoot dominate hand up.

But It's an idea to improve your game or teach younger players. Some of the best players ever actually do this. I believe Crosby is a natural left so he natural shoots left. But having the flat blade lets him control the puck better when you see him stretch out on the nondominate hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FfJf-P6zQo&ab_channel=NHL
Notice the shot, it's 1 handed, Right hand. His non dominate hand.

It's the small things people pick up on that make huge differences.

intriguing no doubt. very good thoughts and I will try it out as soon as I can. IDK how weird it will fell but I will definitely test it out....

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage