SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Who should the Seattle Kraken pick?

10 déc. 2020 à 13 h 38
Hockey IQ
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 1,481
Let's try to figure out who Seattle would take right now...

Let me know who your team would protect...etc... or just who the viable options to select would be??
also would your team want SEA to take a bad contract and what would you give up for it to happen?
or a player you want to pay off SEA NOT to take??
any side deals you would want your team to make with SEA?
etc....
10 déc. 2020 à 13 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
For PIT I'd say right now:

7-3-1

Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel, Zucker, Rust, McCann, Kapanen
Letang, Pettersson, Dumoulin
Jarry

Notable Expansion draft exceptions: John Marino is ineligible! Yes!!!

Note: I had to pick 3 of Rust/McCann/Kapanen/Blueger. this would vary based on performance this next season. for now I went with Kapanen over blueger bc he's scored 20 but if he doesn't mesh as all with PIT that might change...

SEA would have Matheson, Tanev, ZAR, Blueger, etc... to choose from. I think they'd shy away from tanev and matheson's contracts and depending on needs probably pick blueger. I like blueger and ZAR and would give a mid level pick to have them take some under the radar player. I
if matheson is a dumpster fire I'd give up a 1st, a Kapanen/mccann type player, and a nice prospect to get rid of his contract but if the pens stink in a year or two it might not matter....
10 déc. 2020 à 13 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
anyone:

your thoughts on this?
zk97 a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 13 h 51
Hop on the Slaftrain
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 20,485
This would be my Habs protection list

Gallagher
Kotkaniemi
Lehkonen
Anderson
Toffoli
Drouin
Evans (or one of Danault/Tatar/Armia if they extend during the season)

Petry
Weber
Chiarot

Price

That leaves Cale Fleury, Paul Byron, Joel Edmundson, Victor Mete, Noah Juulsen, Brett Kulak and Jake Allen as potential Seattle picks
Remus, Pens3lieve, Kotkaniemi15 and 3 others a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 13 h 54
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Modifié 10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 12
Quoting: SevenLeg

Gallagher
Kotkaniemi
Lehkonen
Anderson
Toffoli
Drouin

Petry
Weber
Chiarot

Price

Same here and players that could be picked is Fleury, Mete, Juulsen, Edmunson, Allen, Kulak or Byron ( if he has a good season or trade )
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 2
I heff to be mad...
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,196
Kerfoot or Dermott.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 5
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,377
Quoting: SevenLeg

Gallagher
Kotkaniemi
Lehkonen
Anderson
Toffoli
Drouin

Petry
Weber
Chiarot

Price

That leaves Cale Fleury, Paul Byron, Joel Edmundson, Victor Mete, Noah Juulsen, Brett Kulak and Jake Allen as potential Seattle picks

Allen is fine, Primeau would ideally be ready by next summer

I'm really scared they'll take Fleury

Kulak and Byron are both replaceable

Mete and Juulsen will probably be dealt by then

Romanov will take Edmundson's spot in the top four
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 8
NoWah49
Rejoint: févr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,432
Probably Kapanen, meaning we gave up a 1st and a prospect for a 1 year player haha. I'm sure they want someone young, so I'd go him or McCann
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 15
RussianRangers39
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 354
Rangers protect
Mika-Buch-Kreids-panarin-georgiev-lindgren-deangelo-trouba-strome-chytil-Lemeuix
Seattle takes howden most likely
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 16
Rejoint: avr. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 1,535
I did a Pittsburgh expansion list in the Pittsburgh forum, and a Washington expansion list in the Washington forum.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 30
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 5,453
Bruins
-Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Coyle, DeBrusk, Kase, Smith
-McAvoy, Grzelcyk, Carlo
-Rask (UFA)

Exposed: Bjork, Clifton, Lauzon, Zboril, Moore, Ritchie, Vladar.

Unless they acquire another top6 F or a top4 D, it won't change. If a D, then protect McAvoy and two of Grzelcyk/Carlo/other D or do a side deal and give a pick. Don't see Rask not getting protected/Vladar instead but who knows.
Best pick for Seattle is Bjork. If he was a really good season, maybe try to keep him otherwise it's okay.

Great idea, there are couple teams I'm not sure of who is protected/exposed; looking forward to hear from their fans.
Pens3lieve, hanson493 et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 44
What in tarnation
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 31,449
Think Stars are protecting

Forwards: Seguin, Benn, Radulov, Hintz, Gurianov, Faksa, Dickinson. Pavelski's NMC changes to NTC for the final year and thus he doesn't have to protected according to this site and the ED tool.
Defensemen: Heiskanen, Klingberg, Lindell
Goalie: Bishop

Pavelski would be in terms of player level the best option available from the Stars, but with one year left he might not be the best option long-term. If Seattle want themselves a goalie, Khudobin in also exempt, although he's also quite old by this point. This applies to Sekera as well.

In terms of younger guys, players like L'Esperance, Honka and Caamano are probably their best bets, provided they decide to go with the younger player route.

Dallas in is pretty good situation in regards to the expansion draft. They're unlikely to lose any core members of their team with the exception of Pavelski, but if he goes it's sort of a blessing in disguise as well, as it provides Stars money to re-sign Heiskanen.
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: justaBoss
Think Stars are protecting

Forwards: Seguin, Benn, Radulov, Hintz, Gurianov, Faksa, Dickinson. Pavelski's NMC changes to NTC for the final year and thus he doesn't have to protected according to this site and the ED tool.
Defensemen: Heiskanen, Klingberg, Lindell
Goalie: Bishop

Pavelski would be in terms of player level the best option available from the Stars, but with one year left he might not be the best option long-term. If Seattle want themselves a goalie, Khudobin in also exempt, although he's also quite old by this point. This applies to Sekera as well.

In terms of younger guys, players like L'Esperance, Honka and Caamano are probably their best bets, provided they decide to go with the younger player route.

Dallas in is pretty good situation in regards to the expansion draft. They're unlikely to lose any core members of their team with the exception of Pavelski, but if he goes it's sort of a blessing in disguise as well, as it provides Stars money to re-sign Heiskanen.

what would the stars give up for SEA to take Pavelski??? and do they "have to" move paveloski to sign heiskanen?
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: bhavikp27
Bruins
-Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak, Coyle, DeBrusk, Kase, Smith
-McAvoy, Grzelcyk, Carlo
-Rask (UFA)

Exposed: Bjork, Clifton, Lauzon, Zboril, Moore, Ritchie, Vladar.

Unless they acquire another top6 F or a top4 D, it won't change. If a D, then protect McAvoy and two of Grzelcyk/Carlo/other D or do a side deal and give a pick. Don't see Rask not getting protected/Vladar instead but who knows.
Best pick for Seattle is Bjork. If he was a really good season, maybe try to keep him otherwise it's okay.

Great idea, there are couple teams I'm not sure of who is protected/exposed; looking forward to hear from their fans.

thanks. me too. I want to actually compile a team when I get enough comments.....
bhavikp27 a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: RussianRangers9
Rangers protect
Mika-Buch-Kreids-panarin-georgiev-lindgren-deangelo-trouba-strome-chytil-Lemeuix
Seattle takes howden most likely

I've heard some rangers fans complain about the krieder deal..... any chance NYR want to move that contract???
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 52
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,336
Quoting: Pens3lieve
I've heard some rangers fans complain about the krieder deal..... any chance NYR want to move that contract???

Kreider NMC
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
Kerfoot or Dermott.

what about the goalie thing?? Anderson is a FA but he could still be picked if SEA wanted to resign him right??? Im just wondering which goalies could be targets for SEA....
OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Kreider NMC

ahh. my bad.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 55
What in tarnation
what would the stars give up for SEA to take Pavelski??? and do they "have to" move paveloski to sign heiskanen?

They don't. Expiring contracts of Oleksiak, Comeau, Cogliano and Johns provide the necessary funds to re-sign Heiskanen to a bridge deal fairly easily. But I wouldn't be too surprised if Dallas tried to offer some assets for Seattle to move Pavelski if Kiviranta plays a great season because then the money wouldn't be enough. Moving Pavelski would be a big help in this regard.

Granted as long as Pavelski is playing as well as he did in latest playoffs, they don't have a huge need to move the guy. He was the 2nd best forward of the team and is paid accordingly. I wouldn't call his contract a clear cut overpayment with negative value.
Pens3lieve et OldNYIfan a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 14 h 57
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 434
Let's try to figure out who Seattle would take right now...

Let me know who your team would protect...etc... or just who the viable options to select would be??
also would your team want SEA to take a bad contract and what would you give up for it to happen?
or a player you want to pay off SEA NOT to take??
any side deals you would want your team to make with SEA?
etc....

Buffalo Sabres (7-3-1)

Eichel, Reinhart, Olofsson, Mittelstadt, Skinner (NMC), Thompson, Asplund
Dahlin, Ristolainen, Jokiharju
Ullmark

Ideally, if the Sabres could move Skinner in order to re-sign Hall that would be great, but his NMC makes that extremely unlikely. Barring that, the Sabres will prefer Seattle to take Okposo's contract, but that's unlikely as well without a side deal.
The toughest player to leave exposed is probably Montour.
10 déc. 2020 à 15 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Buffalo Sabres (7-3-1)

Ullmark

Ideally, if the Sabres could move Skinner in order to re-sign Hall that would be great, but his NMC makes that extremely unlikely. Barring that, the Sabres will prefer Seattle to take Okposo's contract, but that's unlikely as well without a side deal.

would you give up Montour to have them pick okposo??? or less than that??
10 déc. 2020 à 15 h 1
What in tarnation
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
Buffalo Sabres (7-3-1)

Ullmark

Think Montour's a pending UFA so he won't be getting picked even if left unprotected.
Pens3lieve et Bflo_Soldier a aimé ceci.
10 déc. 2020 à 15 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Hockey IQ
Quoting: justaBoss
Think Montour's a pending UFA so he won't be getting picked even if left unprotected.

yeah it's not smart unless the team knows fairly certain they can resign the player.
10 déc. 2020 à 15 h 3
What in tarnation
yeah it's not smart unless the team knows fairly certain they can resign the player.

They can't risk it. Would be a complete waste of recourses.
10 déc. 2020 à 15 h 40
TazerKaner1988
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 12
Blackhawks Protect:

F: Kaner (NMC)
F: Tazer (NMC)
F: Cat
F: Strome (Unless Traded)
F: Wallmark (If extended)
F: Janmark (If extended)
F: Nylander (If extended)
D: Keith (NMC)
D: Seabrook (NMC)
D: Zadorov (if extended)
G: Delia OR Subban (Whoever plays better)

Exempt: Kubalik, Suter, Dach, Boqvist, Beaudin, Mitchell

Exposed: Shaw, Carpenter, Smith, Kampf, Pirri, deHaan, Murphy, Subban/Delia, Lankinen AND Seabrook if they convince him to waive the NMC to help the Hawks (IF Seattle would want to take them... I would assume it would take a higher pick 2nd round and mid-level prospect in order for them to eat that contract...
Pens3lieve a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage